Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAME Thread: New York Knicks vs. Minnesota T'Wolves 11/4

Superstar

Originally Posted by Toons
    if we lose to the t-wolves our season is down the drain??? isiah gone?? and because he didnt call a time out dosent mean anything...phil jackson makes moves like that all the time....we needed a lesson in what happens when u dont defend the 3pt shot....now we see if we learned our lesson this game...

knick - 108
    wolves - 91

marbs - 12 pts.....8 asists...3 to's
    crawford - 21 pts 4 rebs 4 assists
    randolph - 24 pts 14 rebs 4 assists
    curry - 18 pts 8 rebs 2 blocks
    haha toons arent those about the same numbers that we had against cleveland?

and curry definitely looks like he got into shape...mad diesel. id say hes in as good or better shape than randolph right now.

kiyaman, i dont think in the history of this forum anyone ever said a word about crawford or curry's d being anything above average or below average.

i think minny is gonna score 90-100 but with all their new players i really doubt they have enough team defense to stop us from scoring 100-110 points. they dont really have enough big bodies to bang with us either, especially if walker is at the 4. does anyone have starting lineups? or at least know who their starters are?

Lets not make too much of this game. it is game 2 of an 82 game season. Yes it would be nice to get a win ( when isn't it good to get a win) but we're going to drop games this season we should win, and win against teams that we are not better than, so lets just enjoy. What I'll be watching for is team chemistry and D. I guess I don't want to see us lose because our media will be all over us until Tuesdays game.

Superstar

so i found the boxscore from their last game, unless they change it it looks like their starting lineup is telfair, mccants, gomes, jefferson, ratliff. so basically their 4 starters do have pretty good chemistry from being in boston. they had brewer, walker and jaric off the bench but buckner got the most bench minutes with 25. not sure if that was due to foul trouble or what. they had 47 rebounds total compared to 60 to denver, 4 block shots to den's 9, had a 40% fg%, 7-22 3pts for 31%. im not particularly scared of them unless one of their shooters catches fire. ratliff isnt a big threat on offense but he looks healthy and his defense is back (3 blocks in 30 mins). if we can contain al and not give up a lot of open jumpers we should be able to win. denver shot 46% on them.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Looks like we all are agreeing on the same type of score a range of 8-13+ victory for the Knicks.

Lurker

[QUOTE]
    First and foremost...Where the hell do I go to post a thread?...Now, what I'm really here for: Isiah should switch the "4" and "5" spots. When I see Zach I see Alonzo Mourning with better scoring abillity. He's very strong, If you teach him to play the "5", he can be one of the top centers in the east. Now as for Eddie: If you pin him up against the opposing power forwards in the league he can be a handful, not to mention more productive on the boards. What's "Ya'll" opinion on that??? My URL is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

you cant post a thread until you get i think 10 posts. im not sure how i feel about zach at the 5, at least not with eddy. unless he spontaneously starts learning how to play help d and alter/block shots there really is no point, hes an OK man defender but nothing out of this world. if he starts showing promise i wouldnt mind shipping curry out and starting lee at pf. zach presents more of a matchup problem at center because he is fast and can hit the outside j, and tha would free up room for lee inside which is his strong point. also randolph is a lilttle shorter than most of the centers in the east, im not sure that would be the biggest factor but it plays into it a bit. curry is 6'11 or 7 and randolph is 6'9. true he is more agile which makes up for it. welcome to the forum though

anyone know what sopcast channel this is on?

Superstar

thats what im talking about!!!! hustle and unselfishness!!!! i turned it on as marbury got that steal and dished to lee.

As a defender myself...i'm loving the gritty and grime i'm seeing...and the unselfish passes

Superstar

yeah the turnover margin is acceptable, were shooting well, theyre in mad foul trouble. good ****! just gotta close this out

win wasnt pretty but i'll take it, as the game goes along, knick guards go away from puttin the ball in post, its good that crawfords jumpshot was falling, he was aggressive today

Veteran

Crawford looking like he is continuing where he left off last year. He keeps this up, we'll be pretty tough to beat.

We still gotta play better on defense.

Nyk Logo Damn that looked so bad

Good win but we should do better then that against the wolves come on man. they just lost there best player leaving them without a star. This is crazy if we can barely beat them what will we do against teams that have star power loose every time. Damn this isnt looking good for us. We have to defend against the 3

Originally Posted by NYC-BOY
    Good win but we should do better then that against the wolves come on man. they just lost there best player leaving them without a star. This is crazy if we can barely beat them what will we do against teams that have star power loose every time. Damn this isnt looking good for us. We have to defend against the 3

I agree.

I'm happy we got the win, but we just struggled with one of the worst teams in the West on our home court on a day when the officials made some calls that made me think they bet on the Knicks.

Superstar

A win is a win.. Every win won't be a blowout and every loss won't always be close. It's still early, tightening up on the defense is an issue they have to work on, with that said, they did play a good all around defensive game, but that perimeter defense in particular needs to be a focus for the coaching staff as the season goes on.