We MUST GET KOBE!!! ISIAH HELP!!!!

umynot

Benchwarmer
Calling all Knick Fans!!
We MUST GET KOBE!!
If Kobe gets traded it only makes sense for everyone involved that it is to the Knicks!! Let's think about it for a sec. Where does Kobe get traded to that can it make everyone involved happy??
Kobe has to be happy first from what I hear about his contract and that no trade clause!! That's why you have agents so that when your not happy with your situation you control your destiny!! Good move for Kobe!!
Why not in NY?? The biggest stage in the world!!
Do we not have enough around him to win?? If he is as good as I believe he is whoever he plays with here he can win!! All our players have skills!! All our players hustle!! I know Kobe already loves Lee's game!! Curry would be Shaq with less ego!! Kobe has enough ego for the whole team!!! Marbury looks better with Kobe on his side too!! Kobe with Nate sounds good !! With Randolph!! With Q!! With any one who stays behind!!
Why would he rather follow MIKE to Chicago?? Why want to be the next Jordan rather then the first Kobe!! Win in NY and then people will give Kobe the props that deserves!! Even though in my mind he has already earned enough props! Three Rings sounds good to me!!!
Imagine Kobe raising the trophy at the Garden!! Isiah grinning in the Backround !! Mr Dolan taking the trophy from Mr Stern!!! Wow what a Happy ending!!
The NBA will be hotter then ever!!
Kobe in the EAST!!
Kobe vs Lebron!! Kobe vs Wade!! Kobe vs Vince!!!
The Buss's will have a say in all of this of coarse but they are easy!! Give them what they want!! Whatever it may be!!
I know that sounds drastic but think about it 7 for one in the Garnett deal!!
nothing would make that look bad for either team!! Did Boston have more talent then us before they traded for Allen or Garnett? Draft picks?? Give them up!! We can make minor repairs as we go are we really gonna draft a Kobe anytime soon?
Give Mr Buss all the money you can!!
Give his daughter a % of What Kobe brings to NY in endorsements!!
Give Phil Jackson Players to win with!!
Just please get KOBE!!!!
This is a win win for everyone involved now we must make it happen!!!

KOWIE

Rookie
we would have to give up too much for kobe....kobe cant do it by himself, thats been established already....how many playoff series have the lakers won since shaq left?

the knicks would be better served by getting a player like artest who plays defense than a selfish ball hogging spoiled brat like kobe. kobe has all world skills, just too bad his ego is bigger than any franchise in the league.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
kobe generally plays prerty good d. its true his ego is huge. but we could really turn into the uptempo team isiah envisioned. if we give them curry, balkman, marbury and a pick or 2 and maybe some young guys for kobe and vlad i think thats about as good a offer as theyre gonna get. compare it to big ben tyrus thomas and ben gordon. the key is that kobe has the no trade clause so if they are forced to trade him thats not a terrible package.

Like Kobe or not he's the best player in the leage offencivly as well as defencivly at the SG. Kobe would be great for this team, but only if we could send out Marbury(chemistry reasons) and Randolf (steal to many shots from Kobe). I think that if we could keep Collins,Lee,Q and Curry with Kobe that would be enough to put us up with the cream of the crop in the NBA no matter who we had left on the bench. Any one could go Marbury,Randolf,Crawford,Nate,Balkman,Chandler,Morris,Jeffries,Jones,Rose, plus picks and cash there's gotta be something here they want!!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah im sure out of the players you named there are some they want but the problem is contracts matching up and roster space, as well as our unwilligness/fiscal impossibility to part with all our young players.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Bulls offer wasn't any better than what the Knicks have to offer. For some reason the media doesn't see it that way. You be the judge. What is the better offer.

The Bulls allegedly offered:
Ben Gordon
Tyrus Thomas &
Andres Nocioni

The Knicks could offer a number of different scenarios.

1. Crawford, Lee, Randolph, Morris
2. Crawford, Balkman, Rose, Collins
3. Marbury Crawford Lee

May be I'm blind as a Knicks fan but I think any of the three combos are better than what the Bulls were offering. Why doesn't the media see it this way?

jzero29

Rotation player
Forget Kobe.

True he'd have an immediate impact, true he'd make this team a winner, but they wouldn't be much more than a low end playoff team because the knicks would be left empty. Kobe doesn't want to play for the bulls or lakers who don't have enough talent or won't have enough talent if they trade for him. Unless we can ditch high priced garbage like jerome james, maybe include marbury somehow, there is no shot. The team just blew a game to the cavs with poor perimeter defense. Gibbson hits 4 3's after the knicks just looked ridiculous on defense. I think marbury can still play at high level, I think he'd work well in the triangle offense. If he continues his weak effort, we should ditch him anyway. It kills me, because I know he wants to be a great Knick, he has talent to be great, but there is just something wrong with his game. He's lost. I'm not saying he can't find it, he can, but I don't know if he can with this team.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The Bulls offer wasn't any better than what the Knicks have to offer. For some reason the media doesn't see it that way. You be the judge. What is the better offer.

The Bulls allegedly offered:
Ben Gordon
Tyrus Thomas &
Andres Nocioni

The Knicks could offer a number of different scenarios.

1. Crawford, Lee, Randolph, Morris
2. Crawford, Balkman, Rose, Collins
3. Marbury Crawford Lee

May be I'm blind as a Knicks fan but I think any of the three combos are better than what the Bulls were offering. Why doesn't the media see it this way?

Nahhhh, You are not blind at all my friend... thats definitely better, but then again, the Lakers didn't make the trade, so they knew that trade wasn't going to work as well. The way I see it, the only way for the Knicks to get Kobe is if they start winning. The first 20 games, if the knicks are above .500 and they play hard in the games they lose, the knicks will become a player in the Kobe sweepstakes

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
the first one is definitely better than what the bulls offered. the last one isnt unless they unload some of their pgs back to us because they would have way too many small guards, since i guess marbury and crawford would both be starting. i dont think those are the kinds of guys phil would want in his offense in terms of selfishness nor would he want them on defense. the second one might offer more in terms of defense mixed with offense but basically the only real keepers are balkman and collins and i dont think kupchak will want to have his legacy built on trading kobe and shaq. they got odom caron butler and brian grant for shaq as well as some draft picks. do you really think that offers 2 or 3 are even close to that in terms of talent level and players they'd keep in the future?

i do agree that if we have a good month or 2 to start the season and the front office isnt as defunct as it is now, kobe might warm up to going to NY if we do package 1 or 2 and he really is upset with LA. but did you guys see the PHX-LA game last night? he looked pretty happy and was dishing off like crazy.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
the first one is definitely better than what the bulls offered. the last one isnt unless they unload some of their pgs back to us because they would have way too many small guards, since i guess marbury and crawford would both be starting. i dont think those are the kinds of guys phil would want in his offense in terms of selfishness nor would he want them on defense. the second one might offer more in terms of defense mixed with offense but basically the only real keepers are balkman and collins and i dont think kupchak will want to have his legacy built on trading kobe and shaq. they got odom caron butler and brian grant for shaq as well as some draft picks. do you really think that offers 2 or 3 are even close to that in terms of talent level and players they'd keep in the future?

i do agree that if we have a good month or 2 to start the season and the front office isnt as defunct as it is now, kobe might warm up to going to NY if we do package 1 or 2 and he really is upset with LA. but did you guys see the PHX-LA game last night? he looked pretty happy and was dishing off like crazy.

Keep in mind that Kobe wants out of LA. There aren't that many contending teams in the east that can make a solid trade for Kobe, and the ones in the west don't seem to be interested in breaking up their squads for him.

Judging by the reports (I'm not sure how reliable they are) Kobe wants to play for a team in a large market that has a chance to win a championship. So there are a lot of factors to weigh in. To me this all points to Kobe going to Chicago, New York or possibly Detroit. Philly is a large market but they won't have sh!t to offer and if they do they certainly will be diminished from the trade and Kobe would be back at square one. Since the Chicago scenario seems to be dead for now, at some point in the near future a N.Y. trade has to come up.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i literally think the only 2 markets he would want to go to are ny and chi. both are the few teams with enough trading pieces but i think the problem lies in LA would rather want more of our young guys than our vets so the contracts wont match up. the catch 22 in chicago is because of his no trade clause...he doesnt want them gutting the team while LA does, so until LA is desperate to get rid of him theyre gonna hold out as much as they can. but i still think we are the 2nd most likely team unless a western team overwhelms LA, but i doubt that and i doubt they want him to stay west. ironic how all the power has shifted east this offseason.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
im not sure he is that upset about the ownership on a personal level, just that they havent made the effort to get talent out to LA. you cant say the same about the knicks, even thoguh the front office is pretty fucked up.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Forget Kobe!!!

The hell with Kobe!! Agent Zero and Baron Davis are opting out after this year.I'd rather we do a sign and trade Marbury's contract for one of those guys!:peace:

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
1) im pretty sure neither of them expressed any interest in playing in NY. gilbert wouldnt be a good fit if we keep the same nucleus of players. baron i think would be better. how many years are left on marbury's contract? for 20+ mil do you think any team would really want him over those 2? i wouldnt.

George M.

Benchwarmer
1) im pretty sure neither of them expressed any interest in playing in NY. gilbert wouldnt be a good fit if we keep the same nucleus of players. baron i think would be better. how many years are left on marbury's contract? for 20+ mil do you think any team would really want him over those 2? i wouldnt.
When I mentioned the trade,I was talking about trying to make the trades in the off-season when these players actually opt-out.At that time Marbury and M.Rose's contracts officially become expiring contracts!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i understood that, expiring contract or not, any team that takes marbury is pretty much gonna have to start him and i think GS might rather go with ellis at point if baron leaves, but i think hed rather stay there. washington is intriguing because losing gilbert is a huge drop off in their offense, im just not sure if they would want marbury, and im not sure gilbert really wants to leave. if he does then i guess they might as well try a sign and trade to have a pg for a year at least.