Balkman should start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kej718

Rookie
Eddy Curry
Zach Randolph
Renaldo Balkman (I know you guys notice the difference in defensive intensity when he gets on the court, Isiah does not have to play him the whole 1st quarter, just the beginning and then he can put Jamal in)
Quentin Richardson(Start Q at SG and if Balkman goes to the bench he can move back to SF)
Stephon Marbury

next 3 off the bench
Jamal Crawford
Nate Robinson
David Lee

add
Mardy Collins
Jared Jeffries

This should be the 10 man rotation (other players should not see the court unless there is a blow out or injury)

The first 8 should get the bulk of minutes and I think we will be successful.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
crawford is doing fine starting, dont need to send em to the bench right now, and wit curry and randolph being the focal point, u need crawfords outside jumpshot

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
No way should Balkman start b/c he does a fine job coming off the bench with David Lee and Nate.Those three bring a faster pace of energy to the game.That would be silly to set Crawford on the bench when he can clearly get into a zone and put a 50 on the team that the Knicks are playing.Balkman needs to come in when Lee and Nate does.Sure he would be the third one off the bench behind Lee and Nate but still he would get in there a few minutes later and all three would be a force to recken with.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
couldnt have said it better myself

No way should Balkman start b/c he does a fine job coming off the bench with David Lee and Nate.Those three bring a faster pace of energy to the game.That would be silly to set Crawford on the bench when he can clearly get into a zone and put a 50 on the team that the Knicks are playing.Balkman needs to come in when Lee and Nate does.Sure he would be the third one off the bench behind Lee and Nate but still he would get in there a few minutes later and all three would be a force to recken with.

Yeah those guys play so good together it would be ashame to separate them more then they do. Second they should be seeing more minutes then what they are seeing thats just me personally i mean Lee and Nate should see more minutes they change games and ive seen it during the pre season and now during the beginning of the season. Balkman i dont want him to do to much right away hes a great player but i would limit his minutes just to make sure he dont injure it rignt now. let him get back into the swing of things then unleash him this team should do better then they did the first 2 games hopefully we look at the tapes and learn from our mistake.

Next game is a big one against a force the Nuggets. Talk about star power. But we have guys that can do the same if we work togther. I remember when iverson and marbury combined to beat the powerfull west during the all star game so those two can match up. its gonna be hard to stop Carmelo but we have a few players that can score too. I just hope Isiah is making up some kinda game plan. Our bench is the best in the league.

:gony:

GetRealistic

Starter
I have no problem with Balkman starting but Q seems to have lost a step so you'd have to keep Crawford in the starting lineup.

I think the more urgent thing would be to start Nate over Marbury. I never thought i'd say this but Nate gets it now. Not to mention i hate Marbury.

Kiyaman

Legend
Renaldo Balkman would have a great season comming off the bench alongside of "David Lee & Nate Robinson".
Balkman hustle-performance compliment "Lee & Nate's" hustle-performance toooo well.

It's the Knick Starters (Marb, Craw, Q., Zach, and Curry) that have to get their act together and form some kind of (Starting-5-Unit) with some chemistry to out score Knick-Oponents as well as the first three-players (Lee, Balk, and Nate) off the bench do.

Yes' Balkman would be a better Starting SF than the slow start that Q.Richardson been showing each game since the preseason.
However, Balkman dont need that (Starters) pressure this season, maybe in the playoffs, and next season, but not this season.

I still believe that Zach should be comming off the bench alongside of Balkman, Nate, and Collins. To end the first qtr. and start the 2nd quarter.
Or use that rotation at the end of the 3rd qtr. and start of the 4th quarter.

David Lee great frontcout performance demands that he START the 1st quarter or the 3rd quarter.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i would ideally like to see balkman and q starting and right now with crawfords hot play i would rather see craw and balkman, but if isiah starts pulling people after 2 games for a slow start thats gonna be a lot like last year, so i guess he should stick with the starting lineup the way it is. q is a vet and i have faith hell start playing like he should. if he continues his play for the next few games i wouldnt mind see balkman start for one game to make a point, or sub out q early, especially as our next game is against denver.

I think that Balkman should stay coming off the bench.

He is great at stirring things up and is Very much better going against the opponent's second team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
crawford is doing fine starting, dont need to send em to the bench right now, and wit curry and randolph being the focal point, u need crawfords outside jumpshot
Good point. Our 1st and 2nd options are both low post players. In order for them to have more space to work with, we need shooters positioned around the perimeter. Although I love Balkman's hustle, his man could easily cheat on D because everyone knows he's not a good shooter. Honestly, I like Lee playing alongside either Curry or Randolph. Also, Jeffries will take some playing time away from Balkman when he comes back. Isaiah loves that he has a long 6'11" guy that can D-up 4 positions.

I think Jeffries should start over Q only because the 2nd unit only has 1 scorer in Nate. Plus, with Zach, Curry, Jamal and Steph you have enough offense. This is why in the first 2 games, we havent been able to pull away early. We need someone in that starting 5 that does not care to score.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good point. Our 1st and 2nd options are both low post players. In order for them to have more space to work with, we need shooters positioned around the perimeter. Although I love Balkman's hustle, his man could easily cheat on D because everyone knows he's not a good shooter. Honestly, I like Lee playing alongside either Curry or Randolph. Also, Jeffries will take some playing time away from Balkman when he comes back. Isaiah loves that he has a long 6'11" guy that can D-up 4 positions.

I think Jeffries should start over Q only because the 2nd unit only has 1 scorer in Nate. Plus, with Zach, Curry, Jamal and Steph you have enough offense. This is why in the first 2 games, we havent been able to pull away early. We need someone in that starting 5 that does not care to score.

Great Point about the two Low-Post Players needing a Peremeter-Shooter to give them room and options on the offense. This was the reason why the Knicks should've chose Peremeter-Shooter 6.8 Rookie Demetris Nichols over 6.2 Fred Jones. But that is an OLD Story now.

If Isiah keep the same Starting-Lineup and just substitute early in the first quarter this would keep a fair ballance in the lockerroom between all the Knick-players.
There would finally be a Steady Rotation of the same Players inwhich Chemistry will finally arrive. Plus whose to say that Q.Richardson wont get his stroke back before the middle of the season to have 20 or more straight well played games that could keep this team above .500.

Jared Jefferies presence and playingtime last season and this season causes alot of havoc for alot of Knick Players that could not co-exist with him on both ends of the court. Fred Jones & Jefferies should be used as garbage time players and defensive one on one role-players early this season (that is what they are good at). There individual defense talent does not match-up to veteran Role-Player Malik Rose Team-Defensive talent on this team.

6.6 PG-Mardy Collins should be the 9th-Man off the bench with his own creative "Playbook" plans alongside of Nate, Balkman, and Lee.
PG-Collins would add a new Team-Defense change in the Backcourt that Knick opositions would have to deal with after the Marbury & Crawford tandem leave the court.
Playingtime will let Mardy Collins feel out the NBA competition better so he would have clarity on where he needs to practice his offensive scoring from the most on the court to produce 12 to 15 points per game with just 20 MPG.

metrocard

Legend
At the 31st game of the season, everyone in this forum will realize the importance of defense(once again).

You can quote me on it.

Kiyaman

Legend
BALKMAN is the MAN !!!!!!!!

How did Balkman get both Curry & Zach to play defense alongside of him in the 2nd half of the Denver Game may be a mystery. But all us Knick-Fans went wild at what we were seeing watching Knick Basketball.
LET'S GO KNICKS!
Keep up the Great-Work Balkman...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Crawford is our best offensive player...not to mention a great playmaker. We need to maximize his time with Curry too..They have a chemistry and bond that needs to be encouraged. Having him come off the bench will put him out of sync with Curry who most of the time is the first to sit because of fouls or conditioning.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
BALKMAN is the MAN !!!!!!!!

How did Balkman get both Curry & Zach to play defense alongside of him in the 2nd half of the Denver Game may be a mystery. But all us Knick-Fans went wild at what we were seeing watching Knick Basketball.
LET'S GO KNICKS!
Keep up the Great-Work Balkman...

I agree that Balkman is the man. His defense on Carmello was incredible, him and Q-rich made sure Carmello had a long night. I'm just afriad of Balkmen gettin hurt, he plays an out of control style that is fun to watch. Hes all over the place but he is the man.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Balkman by far was our MVP last night in a game in which all of our players played GREAT BALL!!

I also believe he should start but along side of Crawford not at his expense.
I am not a big Crawford fan but guys he has been our savior so far on offense!! Did you read the articles about him after the pre-season! Supposedly he could not score!! WHATTT???? That is by far his biggest asset!! His second best is his connection with Curry!! Curry is always waiting on his passes( Marbury gave him at least 3 dishes he did not have a clue were even coming and muffed all of them) and they have connected on some sick OOPPSS this year!!!

I would prefer Q off the bench!! He looks way too big this year!! I understand he is recovering from surgery but when I had surgery all they had me do was work out, what happened to Q?. Too many donuts maybe?? I love Q and his ability to both defend and score but we have proved we can score and BALKMAN not Q has shown with him in the game our defense just plain out hustles!! He passes it on!! We all picked it up when he came into the game even us fans!!

Why not bring Q or even Marty Collins ( He deserves minutes) off the bench. Q can handle it!! He can come in fresh and bang 2 or 3 3's and back to the bench!! Maybe trade Q along with Marty and add Crawford and get Kobe!!! Add a couple of picks!! WOW picture this starting 5
PG: Marbury
SG: Kobe
SF: Balkman
PF: Randolph
C: Curry ..................... Lee and Nate still come off the bench!!!

That is a fantasy so just bench Q for Balkman and we solve the one problem we have!! Playing tight D!!!

Knicksfan71

Rookie
I personally love the energy the Lee, Nate and Balkman give when they come off the bench and I think we should keep that group together.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer

You're right, they were discussing this, this morning on WFAN. Balkman could start aon many teams, maybe even somewhere like Detroit, Dallas, or anywhere else in the NBA. but there is something we needand it's called Balance. Curry and Craw play SO well together, and Craw can get EC involved in a game early and have him set the tone sure you have Steph on the court but his connection/chemistry is not as good with EC.

Plus having Balkman off the bench with Lee and Nate is something magical, and I wouldn't mess with it.

kaos1

Rookie
If Balkman were to start, who would produce energy off the bench? Lee, Nate, and Balkman produce game-changing energy. Just because Balkman had one excellent game does not mean he should start. He's excellent because he's accepted the role as the bench energizer