Still to early to admitt it, but was I wrong about Crawford?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Crawford has looked good on offense but his defense has been just as bas as last year. Kleiza ate him up for 18 points. It seems so far this year like everytime Crawford scores he gives up a basket on defense. He has everything he needs to be a good defender (quickness, reflexes, and athletic ability) except effort and heart.
Definitely agree. First, I've always been a supporter of JC because he is one of the toughest players to guard one on one in the NBA. Let's be honest people, JC's handle is sick and he makes a lot of defenders look silly when he gets into his zone. For that reason, I think he's an important part of this teams success because if your guarding him, you really don't want to leave him open. Plus he doesen't mind passing the ball to the open man, which is part of his growth. I know his perimeter defense is suspect, but hopefully like you said that extra weight along with his quickness and athletic ability will help him to defend better.

In my opinion, most of the teams in the league would LOVE to add JC to their roster. He may not be close to Kobe's caliber, but he's a very talented player.

jzero29

Rotation player
looks like I wasn't wrong.

Crawford has returned to the crawford I hated, he's shooting horrible. His 3pt accuracy has been terrible. His turnovers lead the knicks, both in avg and in total, he has 32total, and next highest knick has 19(both curry and randolph) marbury is right there with 17. but still crawford is by far the worst guy for turnovers, 13more than any other knick. He only scores because he shoots so much, any run of the mill guard can shoot like crawford given a coach who leaves them out there puts repeatedly puts the ball in their hands and encourages them to shoot miss after miss and turnover after turnover. He shoots more than anyone on the team, including randolph marbury and curry, matter of fact, those 3 are the only guys on the team that crawford hasn't doubled in shot attempts.
The problem is the knicks really don't have anyone else to turn to. Marbury, crawford, Richardson and Collins have all been pretty bad. Fred jones has been okay, robinson by far the best Guard, but that isn't saying much. I just am sick of seeing crawford suck so much. He's terrible.

He should not be the feature guard or the featured offensive player.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think its to early to admit anything about Crawford... Crawford is a good clutch player. But just unconsistant.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If Crawford could ever learn to be consistent and make more of an effort on defense.....I know a lot of Knick fans like Crawford and its tough cuz when he plays good hes fun to watch. He can be unstoppable at times but when he starts missing his shots, he'll keep shootin and makin himself look bad. Crawford looks retarded on defense. I dont think its even his lack of effort, he just does stupid things like gettin caught by picks. I dont htink he can ever become a better defender. I'll give him some credit at the same time, hes not a bad away from the ball defender. Hes good at intercepting passes but as a 1 on 1 defender, hes tough to watch.

jzero29

Rotation player
Crawford still sucks.

I think its to early to admit anything about Crawford... Crawford is a good clutch player. But just unconsistant.

If Crawford could ever learn to be consistent and make more of an effort on defense.....I know a lot of Knick fans like Crawford and its tough cuz when he plays good hes fun to watch. He can be unstoppable at times but when he starts missing his shots, he'll keep shootin and makin himself look bad. Crawford looks retarded on defense. I dont think its even his lack of effort, he just does stupid things like gettin caught by picks. I dont htink he can ever become a better defender. I'll give him some credit at the same time, hes not a bad away from the ball defender. Hes good at intercepting passes but as a 1 on 1 defender, hes tough to watch.
It is not to early, it has been 3-4 yrs of watching this clown. He's the same player he was and will be. A poor shooting, poor passing, poor decision making player with a pretty crossover, that he finishes with a runner less than half the time. He's only considered clutch, because he occasionally he hits shots in 4thqtr, and all his misses in same qtr don't count, or for instance the Kings game, his miss to end the 1st OT that could have won the game, then the 0 for 4 in the double overtime, real clutch. He has been just as clutch this year as he has been bad. Give any NBA player the last shot of a game consistently and they will occasionally get the exciting win, just like Jamaal. He's the only one who shoots so he's the one scores in the clutch, but he misses a lot of clutch shots too. People black out all the misses he shot 9-29 and 0-4 in the 2nd ot! after missing a shot that would have been a game winner!! Doesn't sound clutch to me sounds inconsistent, which is what makes it impossible for him to be clutch. The only reason people even give him credit is because Isiah keeps putting the ball in his hands. Maybe he see's a little of himself in crawford, the way crawford can get by his defender, but he sure doesn't finish, shoot or defend like IT did. Crawford equals over rated. HE's not clutch, his 9-29 in sac doesn't count for clutch, it's 0-4 in 2nd ot. Clutch wins games consistently not occasionally. The would be game winner in the 1st OT that he missed, was clutch, but he missed. So with Game on the line he's 0 for 1 for the sac game.
If you go through his games he's been bad in the clutch, the win at denver, he went 1-4 fg, 0-1 3pt, 3-5 ft in the 4th in a close game,(2 of the ft hit, were after the knicks had sealed the win, with .01 seconds left. Doesn't seem clutch to me.

metrocard

Legend
lol,wow u a hater, so cuz marbury was selfish, made kittles injured???
and its not marburys fault joe johnson didnt play, phoenix just didnt believe in joe johnson, amare was a rookie, he had a great rookie season, and nash is a perfect fit to the styles of phoenix and marbury didnt have the matured phoenix team that nash has and marbury didnt have richard jefferson, kenyon martin and kittles, he only had van horn in which he didnt even like, stop hating, damn

Oh shit...the underdog "datruth" knocks out kiyaman the champion with a left right hook combination with 10 seconds left in the 12th round.