Thread: GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

Hybrid View

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Game Thread GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

Knicks hosting the Nuggets 11/6/07 at 7:30

TV: MSGHD, and NBALP.

All predictions, in game talk, and all other discussions go here.

I hope for a W. I dont want the same result as last year, and we should show the nuggets which team is the boss. I wonder if there will be another brawl. before, during, or after the game??

I forgot the GAME THREAD Sign...

I heard Melo has already talked to all Knicks involved with the brawl just to make sure nothing comes up again cause we really cant afford any suspensions ... this should b a great game and a better test of where we stand

The knicks need to jump on the nuggets and can't afford to start off the way we did against the wolves.

AND please! - defend the 3pt line!!!

I think the knicks will come out focused and ready to play hard. I am sure Karl calling Isiah a Jackass is still fresh in his mind...he'll really the troops and squeeze out a win.

Default Short Iverson Tall task

Allen Iverson and Anthony are doing work. This will be a tough game. The Knicks are the under dogs, But I think they'll be able to make it exciting.

boxing out is also gonna be big...Camby/Martin/Nene can all get boards n we need to stop second chance points

Camby has been a beast so far with 21 rebounds in 2 of his first 3 games and I think 15 rebounds in the other game. He's also blockin alot of shots, I think he had 2 last night and I know he had 6 blocks the game before. He's more of a center than Curry so the rest of the team is gonna have to play well, especially crawford and Zach. With Q havin to guard Carmello, he might struggle on offense. Same thing with Marbury havin to guard AI. Crawfords gonna have to take it to JR smith (if hes still the starting sg) and Zachs gonna have to take it right at Kmart. Look for Z-Bo to have a big night.

Veteran

The Denver Nuggets are a Nucleur Weapon waiting to happen with Iverson, Melo, K-Mart, and Camby. I thought J.R Smith & Nene would've grab some other bench-players and became a wrecking "bench" crew to beat the Spurs this season.

The Knicks got the chance to prove they come to WIN this season in this game vs The Denver Nuggets.

How will Curry, Zach, and Lee match up against Camby, K-Mart, and Nene?
    We know Iverson is going to rock Marbury & Crawford to sleep from the peremeter. And all the things Melo is going to do to Q.Richardson if Q. dont get his act together before this game.

I'll be at the game tonight. Tough opponent but I'm looking for the Knicks to make a statement and defend their home court. We need to show we can play with the top teams if we are going to make the playoffs. With everything surrounding this game the Knicks should be juiced from the opening tap. Btw, what is Nate's status for tonight?

he should be good to go...his leg cramped up un sunday but he's fine now.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

LMAO!

I love the irony.

At the end of the game, Knicks get to run up the score, by Crawford's FT...lol, how does it feel Karl? Damn, what a total ownage in victory. We finally came alive in the 4th.

Balkman must start.

Marbury(great game)
    Crawford(Q-Rich has to lose weight, he's too slow to be on the same floor with Randolph and Curry, we need to mix up our agility)
    Balkman(defense, intensity, overall chemistry with the team)
    Randolph(best player on the team)
    Curry(Amazing preformance in the 4th, he let it all our, and showed why everyone raves about his talent. He continues the passion and agressive, the offense won't be a problem. I still have a problem with Curry's very poor post defense).

Great win, I feel motivated as hell...tomorrow will be a good day.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I was very impressed with Curry but one and only made it sound like he played a great all around game. He did have a big block in the 4th but his defense overall was average, which im happy with comin from him. If he can play average defense this year I'll be happy. I noticed immediatly he was making more of an effort on defense and thats what hes gonna do. OneandOnly, you probably didnt even see the game. You only saw the replay of the block and the stats. I dont respect your posts anyways. Curry looked very improved on offense and i was happy with what i saw from him. When he gets good positioning he is unstoppable.

Zach Randolph, I knew he was good with Portland. I saw him play against the knicks a couple times last year but I'm shocked by what i've seen from him. Hes not athletic but hes a very smart and skilled player.

Renaldo Balkmen is the man. His defense on Carmella was excellent. I love Balkmen (no homo). He gives it everything hes got every time he steps onto the court. His energy off the bench will do big things for the knicks all season long.

Q-Rich played good D on Carmella also. Hes struggling offensively but he'll start playin better soon. I'd still rather have him starting then balkmen cuz balkmens energy off the bench helps when the knicks are struggling. Hes good at gettin the team back into the game, along with Nate and Lee.

Marbury played a great game. I dont know why more people havent commented on Marburys play but he was very unselfish and he hit some big shots. Theres nothin that anyone couldve done to stop AI the way he was playin.

Crawford also played very unselfishly, and he also hit some big shots. I thought his defense was terrible. He is one of the worst defenders in the league. He better keep scorin to make up for his poor defense.

This was a great win and if they can keep playin the way they did last night, they'll be a very tough team to beat. They played like a team and it was nice to see after the past 6 or 7 years. I'm happy for Isiah, He looked very stressed out for a while but hopefully the team can continue to win. Thats the only way to quiet the critics. Denver plays the Celtics tonight, we'll see how the PGA tour (Pierce Garnett Allen) does against the Nuggets. Should be another good game.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I was very impressed with Curry but one and only made it sound like he played a great all around game. He did have a big block in the 4th but his defense overall was average, which im happy with comin from him. If he can play average defense this year I'll be happy. I noticed immediatly he was making more of an effort on defense and thats what hes gonna do. OneandOnly, you probably didnt even see the game. You only saw the replay of the block and the stats. I dont respect your posts anyways. Curry looked very improved on offense and i was happy with what i saw from him. When he gets good positioning he is unstoppable.

Zach Randolph, I knew he was good with Portland. I saw him play against the knicks a couple times last year but I'm shocked by what i've seen from him. Hes not athletic but hes a very smart and skilled player.

Renaldo Balkmen is the man. His defense on Carmella was excellent. I love Balkmen (no homo). He gives it everything hes got every time he steps onto the court. His energy off the bench will do big things for the knicks all season long.

Q-Rich played good D on Carmella also. Hes struggling offensively but he'll start playin better soon. I'd still rather have him starting then balkmen cuz balkmens energy off the bench helps when the knicks are struggling. Hes good at gettin the team back into the game, along with Nate and Lee.

Marbury played a great game. I dont know why more people havent commented on Marburys play but he was very unselfish and he hit some big shots. Theres nothin that anyone couldve done to stop AI the way he was playin.

Crawford also played very unselfishly, and he also hit some big shots. I thought his defense was terrible. He is one of the worst defenders in the league. He better keep scorin to make up for his poor defense.

This was a great win and if they can keep playin the way they did last night, they'll be a very tough team to beat. They played like a team and it was nice to see after the past 6 or 7 years. I'm happy for Isiah, He looked very stressed out for a while but hopefully the team can continue to win. Thats the only way to quiet the critics. Denver plays the Celtics tonight, we'll see how the PGA tour (Pierce Garnett Allen) does against the Nuggets. Should be another good game.
    LOL and do you think I need your respect? Don't be mad because you're pessimistic views of Curry are now tasting like sour grapes. I'm glad my boy played well and you're hating on me for that fact? Get off me LOL...you can't take my shine. I told you he was young and would get better every year and is an unstoppable force. He's one of the major reasons we won last night. 100% of the credit goes to balkman and his defense but Curry gets props for being clutch on the boards, blocks, and in the paint offensively. I'm glad you're starting to have some positive messages in your post...otherwise you'd still be hater.

I do not have pessimistic views on Curry, I have realistic views on Curry. I see things for what they are. I've like Curry all along, since we got him. When he needs to be praised, thats what I'll do and he deserves praise for what he did last night. When he needs to be criticised, thats why were all part of knicksonline.com, so we can say what we like and what we dont like. I know when you said "to the haters" it was directed at me, metrocard, and a couple others. I do often criticize Curry but its because of ignorant posts that give him to much credit. I dont consider myself to be a hater of anyone on the team (including Isiah, excluding Jerome James). Im hard on Crawford (no homo) sometimes too but were all on here to point out the strenghts and weaknesses of the knicks indivually and as a team.

We all need to positive about our team!!

Curry lets not forget is still a young kid even though he has been in the league for a minute now!! He hears the boos!! He reads the critics words and as a kid he is affected !! If you think about he should be a second or third year player at best!! If last year was his second year would you be as hard on him??

We are all entitled to our opinion right or wrong!!( Curry critics will be proven wrong) I believe in time Curry will be the second best Big in the east
    to Howard!!

I would however would trade Curry in a package for Kobe if Bynum came along !!!