GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I was very impressed with Curry but one and only made it sound like he played a great all around game. He did have a big block in the 4th but his defense overall was average, which im happy with comin from him. If he can play average defense this year I'll be happy. I noticed immediatly he was making more of an effort on defense and thats what hes gonna do. OneandOnly, you probably didnt even see the game. You only saw the replay of the block and the stats. I dont respect your posts anyways. Curry looked very improved on offense and i was happy with what i saw from him. When he gets good positioning he is unstoppable.

Zach Randolph, I knew he was good with Portland. I saw him play against the knicks a couple times last year but I'm shocked by what i've seen from him. Hes not athletic but hes a very smart and skilled player.

Renaldo Balkmen is the man. His defense on Carmella was excellent. I love Balkmen (no homo). He gives it everything hes got every time he steps onto the court. His energy off the bench will do big things for the knicks all season long.

Q-Rich played good D on Carmella also. Hes struggling offensively but he'll start playin better soon. I'd still rather have him starting then balkmen cuz balkmens energy off the bench helps when the knicks are struggling. Hes good at gettin the team back into the game, along with Nate and Lee.

Marbury played a great game. I dont know why more people havent commented on Marburys play but he was very unselfish and he hit some big shots. Theres nothin that anyone couldve done to stop AI the way he was playin.

Crawford also played very unselfishly, and he also hit some big shots. I thought his defense was terrible. He is one of the worst defenders in the league. He better keep scorin to make up for his poor defense.

This was a great win and if they can keep playin the way they did last night, they'll be a very tough team to beat. They played like a team and it was nice to see after the past 6 or 7 years. I'm happy for Isiah, He looked very stressed out for a while but hopefully the team can continue to win. Thats the only way to quiet the critics. Denver plays the Celtics tonight, we'll see how the PGA tour (Pierce Garnett Allen) does against the Nuggets. Should be another good game.

LOL and do you think I need your respect? Don't be mad because you're pessimistic views of Curry are now tasting like sour grapes. I'm glad my boy played well and you're hating on me for that fact? Get off me LOL...you can't take my shine. I told you he was young and would get better every year and is an unstoppable force. He's one of the major reasons we won last night. 100% of the credit goes to balkman and his defense but Curry gets props for being clutch on the boards, blocks, and in the paint offensively. I'm glad you're starting to have some positive messages in your post...otherwise you'd still be hater.

im a big knick fan but to say right now that curry is more valauble than camby, u must be buggin

Camby gets his blocks mostly off help defense, but when he can't afford to help as much, he is useless. He can't score all that much, No post game. He came in having avg 19 rebounds a game. Soon as he deals with a guy who can score and rebound (Zach) His numbers go down. Hence his value.

We all know Curry does not defend well or rebound well, But he has two of the best rebounding pf's in the game on his team, which means he can be free to do what he does best. That is concentrate on his scoring. And NO ONE CAN STOP HIM. We have seen Camby Nullified. NO ONE CAN STOP CURRY FROM SCORING.

I think you guys need tp start realizing how valuable it is to have a player no one can stop.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I do not have pessimistic views on Curry, I have realistic views on Curry. I see things for what they are. I've like Curry all along, since we got him. When he needs to be praised, thats what I'll do and he deserves praise for what he did last night. When he needs to be criticised, thats why were all part of knicksonline.com, so we can say what we like and what we dont like. I know when you said "to the haters" it was directed at me, metrocard, and a couple others. I do often criticize Curry but its because of ignorant posts that give him to much credit. I dont consider myself to be a hater of anyone on the team (including Isiah, excluding Jerome James). Im hard on Crawford (no homo) sometimes too but were all on here to point out the strenghts and weaknesses of the knicks indivually and as a team.

umynot

Benchwarmer
We all need to positive about our team!!

Curry lets not forget is still a young kid even though he has been in the league for a minute now!! He hears the boos!! He reads the critics words and as a kid he is affected !! If you think about he should be a second or third year player at best!! If last year was his second year would you be as hard on him??

We are all entitled to our opinion right or wrong!!( Curry critics will be proven wrong) I believe in time Curry will be the second best Big in the east
to Howard!!

I would however would trade Curry in a package for Kobe if Bynum came along !!!

metrocard

Legend
Curry is much better than Camby. Karl would rather have Curry than Camby. Better believe it.

The 8 man rotation is set, plus one when Jefferies returns.

Shut up stupid, why would Karl want Curry when Iverson and Carmelo are better scorers than Chubbs? Denver already lack 3pt shooters, defenders, and their only shot blocker is Camby. Camby is the defensive player of the year, and has been one of the most talented centers we've seen in the last 5-7 years. He doesn't need to score to dominate. Where as Curry is totally one dimensional. Didn't I own you about the same discussion? I laid down all the stats and etc.

Camby > Curry. No comparison. Camby is an all star and a top 3-5 center.

Its funny because, when Curry got out preformed by Camby and only scored 4 points, we WON.

But when Curry had 19 points against Camby(but Camby had vastly superior overall stats; 24 points 9 rebounds 7 blocks., we LOST that game by 23 points.

An example on how "valuable" Curry's scoring is.

Camby vs Chubby 1

Chubby
4 pts
5 fouls
3 turnovers
2 rebounds
1 assist(impressive)
(Curry was in foul trouble most of the game because of his vagina-like defense in the interior allowing Carmelo Anthony to drop his feces all over him.)

Camby
10 pts
7 rebs
4 assist
2 blks
0 TO's

Winner: Camby

Camby vs Chubby Dos

Curry
19 pts
3 rebs
0 assist
4 TO's
0 blocks

Camby
24 pts
9-11
9 rebounds
3 assist
7 blocks
1 foul(Camby must of been trying really "hard" to shut down a double team demander like Curry)

Winner: Camby

So where the fuck are you coming with this imagination of yours that Curry > Camby? Next time come with the facts and stop the dreaming. Camby is the better center, the better bigman and the better overall player. You didn't say ONE THING that makes Curry better than Camby at any of those things except scoring(Funny that Camby outscored Curry head to head this season) Curry has never out preformed Camby in the 06-07 season, head to head, success wise, or stat wise. There are no accounts or records where it can prove Curry > Camby, not ONE. What awards did Eddy relieve in his break year? A happy meal? Camby made all defensive team and won defensive player of the year. I'm actually disappointed that this was your first paragraph, hopefully your next paragraphs aren't as weak as the first.

You bet me the Nuggets would rather have Curry right now than Camby? I'm down to getting free money. Nuggets are already weak defensively, dropping one of the best defensive players in the NBA for the worst...that sounds very Isiahish. Go on a Nuggets forum and ask them if they would like Curry for Camby.

Everyone in my list is a better all around player than Curry. I don't think you're understanding what I mean by that.
Every category COMBINED. PPG, REBS, ASSIST, STLS, BLKS, AST/TO, EFF, etc.

I'm still waiting for your top 50 list and specific reasons why Curry is better than the players on my list. Everyone on my list has superior efficiency compared to Curry, and provide better overall value.

A player who's the primary scorer averaging 19 points on almost 4 turnovers doesn't have a dominant presence. It gives a the opposition an advantage, because that is a weak primary scorer. If you compare Curry to other primary scorers, he's at the bottom of the light. With the amount of touches Curry got and the amount of minutes Isiah force fed Curry(even if it hurt our chances to win), all he averaged was 19 points? Mehmet Okur can do better than that, and he wasn't even the primary option in Utah. Curry isn't Shaq or Duncan, he's an oversize Maurice Taylor. You think Mo Taylor would ever be considered a top 50 player, even when he was scoring points for Houston?

If you have trouble this post, imagine the confusion you would go through for a top 50 list. Can you even name 50 players in the NBA? You would have the most laughable top 50 list in the world, especially since you think Curry is better than Camby.

BTW another fun fact.

Knicks are 23-35 when we lead the game in points in the paint.

We're 8-3 when the opposition has 6-11 more points in the paint than us.

best with points in the paint edge
Dallas 32-1
Phoenix 37-8
Detroit 31-9
Utah 43-15
San Antonio 33-12

worst with points in the paint edge
Seattle 14-23
New York 23-35
Memphis 13-19
Boston 14-21
Milwaukee 20-25

You didn't say SHIT after that.

Camby WOULD look fucking awesome on the Knicks.

Nuggets trade
Camby
Hunter

Knicks trade
Curry
Richardson
Morris

Denver

PG - Iverson
SG - Richardson
SF - Anthony
PF - Nene
C - Chubby

New York

PG - Marbury
SG - Crawford
SF - Balkman
PF - Randolph
C - Camby

This line up is a perfect mix of offense, defense, and energy.

Camby would fill in the gaps we're missing...every weakness Curry has, its Camby's strength. We get a huge upgrade and Camby would be the super compliment for a superstar like Zach Randolph. Zach Randolph is the best big man on the Knicks, we need to understand this. Curry's future is limited because of his limited abilities as a basketball player. He doesn't give you the total package. Randolph/Camby would be the best big man duo since Duncan/Robinson. Both are experienced and all star caliber players.

True Curry is younger and can develope into a All Star. By the way he should of been a All star last season.

Nah, we don't know that yet. Curry isn't going to make the all star team with his scoring, especially since he isn't going to average 19 ppg again with Randolph on the team. He doesn't rebound, defend or passes, what all star team is he going to make? Definitely not the NBA All Stars in the Eastern Conference.

The former Knick fans who still follow Camby know that hes still more valuable then Curry. I'd rather have Camby for the next 2 years then Curry. We're talkin about last years defensive player of the year. You sound so sure that Curry is better then Camby but since when do you hear "offense wins game?" I think what they usually say is "defense wins games." Camby is one of the best rebounders and defenders in the league. Karl would much rather have Camby than Curry. Better believe it.

Basically broke it down into facts. Good job brother, only Isiahsexuals would see Curry as the best center in the world, when most people don't even have him in their top 5.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Camby did look great on the Knicks and probably look good again but not over Camby!! Look I remember the hardships Camby had in NY!! Still loved him!! Even if Van Gundy did not share my opinion!!

Thing is Camby plays in Denver now and yes is a much more accomplished player then Curry but Curry is who we have and has played well for us!!

He has a long way to go but I believe if you watch our games (dont read or look at stats) you would see that Curry gets no love!! Not from the Fans (till the forth last night that is), Not anyone not named Crawford on our team till now And Definitely not any one of these goons Stern calls refs!! when he does though watch out!! WATCH OUT!!!

His size, athleticism and skills are all there!! His understanding of the game is growing every time he plays!! If he can get the respect of a star player then and only then will all the haters change face!!

Curry over Camby is not even a need for debate what is a worthy debate
is Why Not Get Kobe????

umynot

Benchwarmer
Camby and God wont = Duncan - Robinson!!

Did you forget Karl Malone and Shaq??

Rasheed and Ben Wallace???

Bet there might even be more bigs since that are better dawg !!!

Shut up stupid, why would Karl want Curry when Iverson and Carmelo are better scorers than Chubbs? Denver already lack 3pt shooters, defenders, and their only shot blocker is Camby. Camby is the defensive player of the year, and has been one of the most talented centers we've seen in the last 5-7 years. He doesn't need to score to dominate. Where as Curry is totally one dimensional. Didn't I own you about the same discussion? I laid down all the stats and etc.

Ahh. Owned me because you laid down stats. Yet when you had no stats to back up your argument over who is better defensively Wade or Lebron, you conveniently ran in the corner you must have lived most of your life in (isolated and very lonely) And said "Stats don't tell the whole story" Sigh. I remember when I was 19 though.

Camby is a solid player. Nothing more, nothing less. Whenever he has to d up a player with offensive prowess, he crawls into a little shell, and is much less of what he appears to be. Vs the Knicks we've seen this, and tonight in Boston vs KG and KO. WHERE IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED CENTERS WHO CAN DOMINATE ON DEFENSE WHEN YOU NEED HIM? How is he helping Denver now? This means every time they play an opponent with good front line men, he is a no show. He has been that way since he was a Knick, and it continues throughout.

HE IS O.K.

Let's see you reply to a post without spewing on adolescent insult.

GetRealistic

Starter
Everybody should just get over it. Metro will never write a post that doesn't contain a insult towards Crawford, Curry, or Isiah. The night after Curry plays one of his best games as a pro all we have to hear is how Camby is a better asset to the team then Curry.

Every Knick fan loves Camby. He was probably the second most important player in our magical run to the 1999 finals, so Camby is always going to have a great place in every fans heart. But lets face the facts. Hate Curry or not hes a good player. He can't be guarded one on one, and although slight he has shown improvements on defense and the boards. Camby is one hell of a help shot blocker but he's not at all a great post defender, its actually kind of a joke that he beat out a guy like Bruce Bowen for defensive player of the year.

Just a few things to consider when comparing Curry and Camby. Age and durability. Camby is much older and always hurt.

metrocard

Legend
Ahh. Owned me because you laid down stats. Yet when you had no stats to back up your argument over who is better defensively Wade or Lebron, you conveniently ran in the corner you must have lived most of your life in (isolated and very lonely) And said "Stats don't tell the whole story" Sigh. I remember when I was 19 though.

Camby is a solid player. Nothing more, nothing less. Whenever he has to d up a player with offensive prowess, he crawls into a little shell, and is much less of what he appears to be. Vs the Knicks we've seen this, and tonight in Boston vs KG and KO. WHERE IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED CENTERS WHO CAN DOMINATE ON DEFENSE WHEN YOU NEED HIM? How is he helping Denver now? This means every time they play an opponent with good front line men, he is a no show. He has been that way since he was a Knick, and it continues throughout.

HE IS O.K.

My man, you got thrown across the floor in both discussions, lol no one took you seriously. The Lebron/Wade discussion; you got me and datruth to agree with each other. We rarely agree with each other, but you made it it happened because you had such a weak agruement.

Who cares about my age? What the hell, you some 30 year old sitting in his undies butt naked eating doritos? God bless me I'm 19; and superior to you.

STFU, a defensive player of the year who's an all star and top 3 center isn't "solid". Normally I don't tell people to STFU, I come read the opinions of my Knicks nation. But damn guy, you need to stop posting.

Do you even watch basketball, or do you have your head in your ass continuously eating doritos? Nothing you said in this post really makes sense.

I understand Curry is talented and one of the best scorers in the paint, but you can't even give Camby any credit, which really shows your bias and how far your views are from reality.

When you're wrong, you're wrong. Get over it. I killed you, stop trying to come back from the dead.

BTW, Camby is averaging like 20 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 4 assist and like 1.7 turnovers. Dude is efficient as anyone at his position. EFFIENCY = + 27.25

Camby is a beast; all the true hardcore Knick fans would welcome Camby back, a center with winning experience, and can help this team more than Curry can 10x.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I do not have pessimistic views on Curry, I have realistic views on Curry. I see things for what they are. I've like Curry all along, since we got him. When he needs to be praised, thats what I'll do and he deserves praise for what he did last night. When he needs to be criticised, thats why were all part of knicksonline.com, so we can say what we like and what we dont like. I know when you said "to the haters" it was directed at me, metrocard, and a couple others. I do often criticize Curry but its because of ignorant posts that give him to much credit. I dont consider myself to be a hater of anyone on the team (including Isiah, excluding Jerome James). Im hard on Crawford (no homo) sometimes too but were all on here to point out the strenghts and weaknesses of the knicks indivually and as a team.

No you have pessimistic views on Curry...you act as if he will never improve. You act as if he's not the most dominant offensive big in the eastern conference...you act as if he's not being double teamed as soon as he catches the ball in the post and his still scoring 18+ pts a game while shooting 65%. This is no scrub or fat guy (like Jerome James). This is Eddy Curry...future all-star. I really don't care how you feel about any of the knicks...I just had to share my excitement when my boy killed it. This is a public site in a democratic country...speak what's on your mind. But don't expect everyone to agree with you because your ideas are only agreed upon by the minority. The majority think that Eddy is going to be great for us this season. Only the ignorant minority think that he's going to still be a 1-dimensional big. Again that's the difference between you and I...I have faith and Curry and you don't. So when he plays well...my praise goes to him while you're "realistic talk" shows up. I have no problem with that because that is what I expected...
We all need to positive about our team!!

Curry lets not forget is still a young kid even though he has been in the league for a minute now!! He hears the boos!! He reads the critics words and as a kid he is affected !! If you think about he should be a second or third year player at best!! If last year was his second year would you be as hard on him??

We are all entitled to our opinion right or wrong!!( Curry critics will be proven wrong) I believe in time Curry will be the second best Big in the east
to Howard!!

I would however would trade Curry in a package for Kobe if Bynum came along !!!
Good post...the beginning of Curry's domination are starting to flash in the pan. If he can do this on a consistent basis then we will see all the haters on this site come out with smiles on their faces as if they were 4 year olds after a great show of barney.

HE IS O.K.

LOL I think you put the chains on him right there. Let him keep claiming self-proclaimed victories. He's not very smart and always thinks he's right. Best thing to do is ignore him...otherwise a smart person like yourself is meddling with fools...Great post

GetRealistic

Starter
Also i'd like to see your list of top 5 centers Metro I'm curious to see who your top 5 are. I'm not saying Curry is # 1 but he's a top 5 center.

Shaq
Yao
Howard
Amare
Curry
Okur
Camby

metrocard

Legend
Also i'd like to see your list of top 5 centers Metro I'm curious to see who your top 5 are. I'm not saying Curry is # 1 but he's a top 5 center.

Shaq
Yao
Howard
Amare
Curry
Okur
Camby

Are those the only centers you can think of in the NBA?

Shaq is number one? The man can barely stay on the balls of his feet. Have you been following the NBA or still having problems with getting "realstic"?

Okur and Curry aren't better than Camby. Camby is in his prime; He's been averaging 17-20 rebounds and 4-5 block shots so far. He can pass, and play within the offense(not score 19 points, but he won't hurt you offensively). You're not a quality poster, so I'm not surprised you didn't even explain your rankings

Duncan(Best big man in the NBA, one of the greatest big's in our era)
Yao(no explanation needed)
Howard(Has polished his defense and offense, one of the best rebounder and athlete at his position)
Camby(best rebounder, shot blocker, defensive player, passer at his position. Basically a prime Ben Wallace with polished offense; defensive player of the year, one of the most talented C's in the game, has an all around game)
Boozer(Yes, at 6"9 Boozer plays C, and is the best scorer at this position, amazing rebounder and smart player who doesn't commit errors often)
Amare (Injury has set him back, but is still one of the most talented players in the NBA, a break out season will put him at back at the top 3 where he was 2 years ago)
Emeka Okafor (Extremely underrated)
Paul Gasol (Consistent, 20 and 9 type of player)
Jermaine O'Neal (a two side player; offense and defense. Needs to work on his FG%)
Tyson Chandler (Marcus Camby without the offense)

LOL I think you put the chains on him right there. Let him keep claiming self-proclaimed victories. He's not very smart and always thinks he's right. Best thing to do is ignore him...otherwise a smart person like yourself is meddling with fools...Great post

You're right. I'll continue eating dorito's butt naked Scratching my stank balls, dreaming of being a... GULP! Metrosexual :(

GetRealistic

Starter
Camby has played over 70 games twice in his career. But i'm done getting into this stuff with you. I'm going to follow everyone elses advice and just ignore you.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No you have pessimistic views on Curry...you act as if he will never improve. You act as if he's not the most dominant offensive big in the eastern conference...you act as if he's not being double teamed as soon as he catches the ball in the post and his still scoring 18+ pts a game while shooting 65%. This is no scrub or fat guy (like Jerome James). This is Eddy Curry...future all-star. I really don't care how you feel about any of the knicks...I just had to share my excitement when my boy killed it. This is a public site in a democratic country...speak what's on your mind. But don't expect everyone to agree with you because your ideas are only agreed upon by the minority. The majority think that Eddy is going to be great for us this season. Only the ignorant minority think that he's going to still be a 1-dimensional big. Again that's the difference between you and I...I have faith and Curry and you don't. So when he plays well...my praise goes to him while you're "realistic talk" shows up. I have no problem with that because that is what I expected...

You probably still think that Curry is going to be the next Shaq. I think from now on I'm going to skip your posts because youre to biased. I never used the words "1 dimensional" when talking about Curry. I said hes a bad rebounder and defender but I didnt say he cant improve. The only thing that Curry will ever be great at is scoring but he can become an average defender and a good rebounder. Dwight Howard is the best big man in the east. He killed it the other night when he got 28 points and 16 rebounds against Al Jefferson. MY opinions are more realistic and less biased then yours. Get realistic like me and the last poster. This arguements over.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great game by all. Finally finished watching my DVR of the game last night in HD. Awesome. I liked the starting lineup and I liked the energy squad with Balkman and Lee. Even Steph played alright. Well we knew Craw and Eddy had great chemistry together and I think Nate Robb and Zach have something going on too. When Nate Robb comes in, he feeds Zach in the post and Zach gets to EAT. Incredible rebounder Zach is also. Love Balkmans energy and D. This years Knicks have a shot. As far a Curry or Camby. Come on. Don't argue with teenagers because they think they know everything. If Metro is only 19 then he was only in middle school when Camby played for the Knicks and was calling in sick during the PLAYOFFS because of injuries or his sister getting kidnapped or whatever that was. You can't have that. Even Walt "Clyde" Frazier quipped during the broadcast that Camby was a good Knick but was oft injured.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You probably still think that Curry is going to be the next Shaq. I think from now on I'm going to skip your posts because youre to biased. I never used the words "1 dimensional" when talking about Curry. I said hes a bad rebounder and defender but I didnt say he cant improve. The only thing that Curry will ever be great at is scoring but he can become an average defender and a good rebounder. Dwight Howard is the best big man in the east. He killed it the other night when he got 28 points and 16 rebounds against Al Jefferson. MY opinions are more realistic and less biased then yours. Get realistic like me and the last poster. This arguements over.

...but you never proved my argument wrong. And no I don't think he's going to be the next Shaq...Shaq was an above average defender in the league as a rookie as Curry is not. Your assumption are proved to be fatal in your argument.

You said you never used the words, "one dimensional", but your following sentence, "I said hes a bad rebounder and defender but I didnt say he cant improve" is basically saying that he's one dimensional lol. Come on now...you're smarter than that.

And I agree Dwight Howard other than Z-Bo are having beast seasons so far. But notice how I said "best offensive big in the east". We all know Curry's defense isn't up to par. You don't have to repeat yourself in every post. And whenever you can quote my words being biased...then I'll explain myself....NOW this argument is over LOL.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I have never called him one dimensional even though he was last year but he'll improve. What i meant was that I never said he would always be one dimensional. I shouldve been more clear. He's temporarily one dimensional until he consistently puts in the effort. Hes not gonna be one the best shot blockers or rebounders in the league, but he'll get better. By the way Dwight Howard is averaging more points then Curry, not by much but he is. With my first post I gave Curry props on how he played, i dont hate him and im not part of an ignorant minority that thinks that he cant improve. I just think that you have to much faith in him and so do a lot of other people on here. Camby is better. I'd rather have his 15.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks then Currys 19 points, 7 or 8 rebounds, and .5 to .8 blocks a game. The knicks need a big man who can intimidate the guards that Crawford allows to slash to the hoop.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I wouldn't go as far as saying Curry is better than Camby. They are two different players with two totally different styles of play. You can't really compare Howard to Curry. Howard's a beast but he's more of a PF then a C. He's way more developed than Curry but in Curry's defense, Howard doesn't have to share the lane. Two different players in different situations. I don't see a way to make a fair comparison.

Curry is far from the best center in the league but he is one of the better centers in the east. If you doubt that look around. Would you rather have Brendan Haywood or Nenad Krstic? How about Kendrick Perkins. I rest my case.