GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Knicks hosting the Nuggets 11/6/07 at 7:30

TV: MSGHD, and NBALP.

All predictions, in game talk, and all other discussions go here.

I hope for a W. I dont want the same result as last year, and we should show the nuggets which team is the boss. I wonder if there will be another brawl. before, during, or after the game??

I forgot the GAME THREAD Sign...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I heard Melo has already talked to all Knicks involved with the brawl just to make sure nothing comes up again cause we really cant afford any suspensions ... this should b a great game and a better test of where we stand

Trin_Starr

Starter
The knicks need to jump on the nuggets and can't afford to start off the way we did against the wolves.

AND please! - defend the 3pt line!!!

I think the knicks will come out focused and ready to play hard. I am sure Karl calling Isiah a Jackass is still fresh in his mind...he'll really the troops and squeeze out a win.

jzero29

Rotation player
Short Iverson Tall task

Allen Iverson and Anthony are doing work. This will be a tough game. The Knicks are the under dogs, But I think they'll be able to make it exciting.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
boxing out is also gonna be big...Camby/Martin/Nene can all get boards n we need to stop second chance points

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Camby has been a beast so far with 21 rebounds in 2 of his first 3 games and I think 15 rebounds in the other game. He's also blockin alot of shots, I think he had 2 last night and I know he had 6 blocks the game before. He's more of a center than Curry so the rest of the team is gonna have to play well, especially crawford and Zach. With Q havin to guard Carmello, he might struggle on offense. Same thing with Marbury havin to guard AI. Crawfords gonna have to take it to JR smith (if hes still the starting sg) and Zachs gonna have to take it right at Kmart. Look for Z-Bo to have a big night.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Denver Nuggets are a Nucleur Weapon waiting to happen with Iverson, Melo, K-Mart, and Camby. I thought J.R Smith & Nene would've grab some other bench-players and became a wrecking "bench" crew to beat the Spurs this season.

The Knicks got the chance to prove they come to WIN this season in this game vs The Denver Nuggets.

How will Curry, Zach, and Lee match up against Camby, K-Mart, and Nene?
We know Iverson is going to rock Marbury & Crawford to sleep from the peremeter. And all the things Melo is going to do to Q.Richardson if Q. dont get his act together before this game.

would be a nice win, but I wouldn't be disappointed in a loss unless it is a blowout or we make mental errors that cost us the game.

Do you think that they'll have Mardy, Nate, and Jefferies shake hands with Melo and Smith before the game?

It would be a nice gesture that could give us some good PR. I think IT should even embrace George Karl to start the rebuilding of his image.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Firstly F all that shake hands talk. F all that talked to all players involved crap. That was last year leave it there. I don't want to see no fights at all, but at the same time I don't want to see no damn love fest. If a hard foul is needed, I don't want a motherfucka being shooked to the point where he lets the other player just stroll to the hoop.

Okay now that I got that off my chest... The Knicks will most likely lose tomorrow. If they win that will be great and COULD be a sign of things to come, again it is still early. But please believe the Nuggets are a real good team. I'm curious to see the game and how they play. I do not expect a win, but I am hoping they come out with the urgency of "this is a must win game" (Even though it really is NOT)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The Denver Nuggets are a Nucleur Weapon waiting to happen with Iverson, Melo, K-Mart, and Camby. I thought J.R Smith & Nene would've grab some other bench-players and became a wrecking "bench" crew to beat the Spurs this season.

The Knicks got the chance to prove they come to WIN this season in this game vs The Denver Nuggets.

How will Curry, Zach, and Lee match up against Camby, K-Mart, and Nene?
We know Iverson is going to rock Marbury & Crawford to sleep from the peremeter. And all the things Melo is going to do to Q.Richardson if Q. dont get his act together before this game.

i guess u didnt see that game not too long ago where marbury held iverson to his worst game in his career, it was something like 1-16

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
i guess u didnt see that game not too long ago where marbury held iverson to his worst game in his career, it was something like 1-16

lets hope he can do it again...

Does anyone know where i can watch it... it is a feeble attempt. But i live in australia,,, and had a site but its not working anymore

Does any have nba broadband league pass? and could pm it...

i have no nba action at all... and am suffering serious knicks withdrawals symptions. Any one help me out please
:crossfingers:

any way about the game... well carmelo doesnt shoot many threes, and QRich is good at staying on his opponents feet.

But i believe if we shut down Camby we are in with a shoot. Jamal will have to shoot threes.

Because Martin and Camby are beats in the post, both averaging over 2.5 blocks a game.

Cmon Knicks

nykway24

Rookie
Im maddddddd excited about this game tonight. For the knicks to win i think it is important that steph and q have big games. If they do that would mean that mello and AI would have to start playing defence and hopefully that will tire them out down the strech of the game. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE PROTECT THE THREEEEEEEEE POINTTTT LINE. that along with how many boards we gave up was the only reason we had trouble putting away the twovles

jzero29

Rotation player
Denver best team we've faced so far.

We lost a winnable game in clevland(our poor 4th qtr play), We won against a rebuilding minnesota team. Denver, is more of a complete team. They are better than clevland, they have experience, with Martin, they have a dominant inside force and a great defender(comming back from injury), to go along with the rebounding shot blocking machine that is Camby. They are going up against not just lebron, but Anthony and Iverson. Who do you concentrate on. Against clevland, you can focus mainly on lebron, but denver has many more weapons with Anthony and Iverson,who are more familiar with each other, Martin posting up, leaves camby on the boards to clean up. It's Going to be a huge problem, I have to say I don't think the Knicks can pull this one off this early in season. We need more time to get used to Zach and figure out our rotation.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Smack my bitch up

fight.jpg

we got this one!
LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
I'll be at the game tonight. Tough opponent but I'm looking for the Knicks to make a statement and defend their home court. We need to show we can play with the top teams if we are going to make the playoffs. With everything surrounding this game the Knicks should be juiced from the opening tap. Btw, what is Nate's status for tonight?

Toons

is the Bo$$
We lost a winnable game in clevland(our poor 4th qtr play), We won against a rebuilding minnesota team. Denver, is more of a complete team. They are better than clevland, they have experience, with Martin, they have a dominant inside force and a great defender(comming back from injury), to go along with the rebounding shot blocking machine that is Camby. They are going up against not just lebron, but Anthony and Iverson. Who do you concentrate on. Against clevland, you can focus mainly on lebron, but denver has many more weapons with Anthony and Iverson,who are more familiar with each other, Martin posting up, leaves camby on the boards to clean up. It's Going to be a huge problem, I have to say I don't think the Knicks can pull this one off this early in season. We need more time to get used to Zach and figure out our rotation.

i agree fully...i hope we can win, but i dont see it yet....q. rich HAS to show up on both offense and defense...we need to score with them....crawford needs to have a great game, also lee and balkman in order for us to win

denver - 122
new york - 113

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I Hope the Knicks win. I know it's only Game #3, but it'll be Game #60 before we know it. It's time for the NYK's to start getting some recognition. Beating the Nuggets could start raising some eyebrows

If the Knicks are going to have any shoot at a win they need to guard the dam 3 point line. I'd really like to see Mardy get some PT the Knicks could use his peremiter D. If the Knicks want any chance at a Win they'll have to contain Mello and Iverson. The Knicks Big Men should be able to out-score the Nuggets Bigs so if we play some perimeter D this should turn out a good game, and hopefully a Win.

GetRealistic

Starter
Theres absolutely no chance Jared Jefferies will dress right? Cause it wouldn't hurt to have as many athletic swingmen to throw at Melo on the D. I'd even consider dressing Chandler tonight, simply for the fact he could give us 5 good minutes of D. I think Marbury, Fred Jones, Nate, and possibly Mardy will get the unfortunate task of trying to contain AI.

Melo and AI are as good as they come. There going to get there points you gotta try to not let guys like J.R. Smith light you up on wide open Threes.

As far as the big man matchup I think we have the slight edge. Alot of people are talking like Kmart is back in his Nets uniform running the court with Jkidd. The guy was a big time player but hes just not the same due to his injuries. And i love Camby and he still is great but Curry should be able to get him into foul trouble.

Only game three but for the Knicks this season its so important to have a positive start especially considering the West coast trip is coming up soon, we could use a positive momentum game, and beating a potential top team in the West would give us that. Not to mention the fight should give us some added motivation.

Knicks 106- Nuggets 101