GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

I have never called him one dimensional even though he was last year but he'll improve. What i meant was that I never said he would always be one dimensional. I shouldve been more clear. He's temporarily one dimensional until he consistently puts in the effort. Hes not gonna be one the best shot blockers or rebounders in the league, but he'll get better. By the way Dwight Howard is averaging more points then Curry, not by much but he is. With my first post I gave Curry props on how he played, i dont hate him and im not part of an ignorant minority that thinks that he cant improve. I just think that you have to much faith in him and so do a lot of other people on here. Camby is better. I'd rather have his 15.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks then Currys 19 points, 7 or 8 rebounds, and .5 to .8 blocks a game. The knicks need a big man who can intimidate the guards that Crawford allows to slash to the hoop.

While I will totally agree we need an someone who intimidates, I can't take Camby over Curry. We'd still be at the disadvantage whenever we play a talented big at Camby's spot. And Curry can become better at rebounding and defending. Camby is never turning into what Curry is on offense. The fact that all these guys you can name (Howard, Camby, Big ben, TD) all great defenders... and not ONE of them can deal with Eddy Curry, boost EC's value. This means those guys will be so busy with him, they will NOT be able to do what they all do best... Help defend. Meanwhile, unless Curry is drawing offensive fouls (which he sometimes does best) His dominance is felt whether he has the ball or not. Only one's of that group that can return the favor are TD and Howard. Camby is a spot up shooter, no post game, Ben, forget it.

Curry neutralizes what these guys do defensively. He showed it vs Denver, and watch him do the same with Dwight friday.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Hate to be a downer, but if we don't show up and play with the same energry Friday this game means nothing.
Exactly! It's good to get a win like this against a team that is expected to make some noise this year. However, the key to being a successful club is not just beating good teams, but being consistent with good basketball.

I truly feel that the more the Knicks win, it will create a culture of winning and they'll believe that they can actually win every game. We need attitutes to start changing from "we lost because of..." to "I can't believe we got beat". It's all about what they expect from themselves.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Curry is a better fit for us then Camby was or would be!!

Curry rebounded and blocked more shots as a Bull then has for us but we were one of the best rebounding teams in the league last year and could not win half our games!! What we need and have needed (since Ewing got hurt for the last time as a KNICK!!) is a low post scorer!! Someone who can score down LOW!!

Larry Johnson tried!! But since Ewing we have never( including Mr Camby)
who can put it in the hoop from the post!! Funny we have Ewing cant get him guards so he could win!! Then we get 2 and lose Ewing !! NOT FAIR!! Since then though we had good guards but could never get a post player!!

We now have 2!!! CURRY and Zach!!! To go along with some of what I believe are Pretty Good Guards!! Balkman also gives us a legit SF!! (Q off the bench would be better!!)

All I'm saying is Camby is mad nice but why would anyone not like Curry?? Why would you want someone we dont have over Curry which has done a great job on a bad team!! Only now can he excel when teams cant deny him as much now that we have more people who score and open it up!!

Lee and Zach will rebound just fine!!! So will Balkman!! And then Curry's 8 or 9 rebounds will look good!! A bonus if you will!! Lee and Balkman will play enough D that Curry will have more blocks too this year!!

Lets root for Curry he will only get better!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Camby helped get us to the finals that year. If there was a fantasy draft right now I would obviously take the younger Curry over Camby but (and i said this in my first post about the comparison between the 2 centers) I would rather have Camby for the next year or 2 over Curry, especially havin Zach down low now.

umynot

Benchwarmer
He stepped in 99 but he was not a low post threat !! He dunked back of few rebounds and played some D !! He was not a force is all I said!!

Larry was who we fed in the post!! And if he was such a GREAT player why was Van Gundy so reluctant to put him in?? Why did he play only 20 minutes a game?? Why dont we still have him in NY if he was such a stud!!

I like Camby then and now but I believe Curry is the better player for us!!!

metrocard

Legend
KnicksLyfe can't hang, once again.

Camby has played over 70 games twice in his career. But i'm done getting into this stuff with you. I'm going to follow everyone elses advice and just ignore you.

Isiahsexuals follow Isiahsexuals.

Like I said, you're not good at this posting stuff. If you were you would actually put the facts I made to shame.

You probably still think that Curry is going to be the next Shaq. I think from now on I'm going to skip your posts because youre to biased. I never used the words "1 dimensional" when talking about Curry. I said hes a bad rebounder and defender but I didnt say he cant improve. The only thing that Curry will ever be great at is scoring but he can become an average defender and a good rebounder. Dwight Howard is the best big man in the east. He killed it the other night when he got 28 points and 16 rebounds against Al Jefferson. MY opinions are more realistic and less biased then yours. Get realistic like me and the last poster. This arguements over.

Why are you replying the worst poster on the forum who has failed to get off my ignore list? You're a much quality poster than this; that monkey isn't on your level. There are some high level Isiahsexuals who can hold down an agrument, then there are others who aren't worth a serious reply.

Great game by all. Finally finished watching my DVR of the game last night in HD. Awesome. I liked the starting lineup and I liked the energy squad with Balkman and Lee. Even Steph played alright. Well we knew Craw and Eddy had great chemistry together and I think Nate Robb and Zach have something going on too. When Nate Robb comes in, he feeds Zach in the post and Zach gets to EAT. Incredible rebounder Zach is also. Love Balkmans energy and D. This years Knicks have a shot. As far a Curry or Camby. Come on. Don't argue with teenagers because they think they know everything. If Metro is only 19 then he was only in middle school when Camby played for the Knicks and was calling in sick during the PLAYOFFS because of injuries or his sister getting kidnapped or whatever that was. You can't have that. Even Walt "Clyde" Frazier quipped during the broadcast that Camby was a good Knick but was oft injured.

Why would I call in sick if my imaginary sister was kid napped or I got injured?

Ahahaha, I'm trying to be respectful here, but you're just stupid; you have the mind of an 11 year old and the insults of a 52 year old virgin...Damn, I would be mad at life if I was as stupid and corny at your age.

Anyway, what did we learn from this thread today?

Camby > Curry

People who "think" Curry > Camby don't have a well thought out unbias explanation on that.

I would like to give a special shout to the Isiahsexuals for just making me look better than I am.

Peace.

pat

Starter
KnicksLyfe can't hang, once again.

Isiahsexuals follow Isiahsexuals.

Like I said, you're not good at this posting stuff. If you were you would actually put the facts I made to shame.

Why are you replying the worst poster on the forum who has failed to get off my ignore list? You're a much quality poster than this; that monkey isn't on your level. There are some high level Isiahsexuals who can hold down an agrument, then there are others who aren't worth a serious reply.

Why would I call in sick if my imaginary sister was kid napped or I got injured?

Ahahaha, I'm trying to be respectful here, but you're just stupid; you have the mind of an 11 year old and the insults of a 52 year old virgin...Damn, I would be mad at life if I was as stupid and corny at your age.

Anyway, what did we learn from this thread today?

Camby > Curry

People who "think" Curry > Camby don't have a well thought out unbias explanation on that.

I would like to give a special shout to the Isiahsexuals for just making me look better than I am.

Peace.

The only thing I don't get is what all this has to do with Isiah? Okay, He brought in Curry but didn't he also bring in all the other players (one in particular that don't have to mention I guess)? Not that I am particularly fond of him, it is just that I don't get the relevance of being what you call an "Isiahsexual" in this context...

metrocard

Legend
The only thing I don't get is what all this has to do with Isiah? Okay, He brought in Curry but didn't he also bring in all the other players (one in particular that don't have to mention I guess)? Not that I am particularly fond of him, it is just that I don't get the relevance of being what you call an "Isiahsexual" in this context...

I didn't directly bash Isiah in my post. Isiahsexual is just a term I use on blinded fans.

pat

Starter
I didn't directly bash Isiah in my post. Isiahsexual is just a term I use on blinded fans.

I thought you use for fans who support everything Isiah does. Would you also use it for a blinded Lakers fan?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I thought you use for fans who support everything Isiah does. Would you also use it for a blinded Lakers fan?

No, Laker fans have no importance to the Knicks nation. Isiahsexuals are criminials of the Knicks nation and must be dealt with.