Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: New York Knicks vs. Denver Nuggets 11/6/07

he should be good to go...his leg cramped up un sunday but he's fine now.

Originally Posted by jzero29
    We lost a winnable game in clevland(our poor 4th qtr play), We won against a rebuilding minnesota team. Denver, is more of a complete team. They are better than clevland, they have experience, with Martin, they have a dominant inside force and a great defender(comming back from injury), to go along with the rebounding shot blocking machine that is Camby. They are going up against not just lebron, but Anthony and Iverson. Who do you concentrate on. Against clevland, you can focus mainly on lebron, but denver has many more weapons with Anthony and Iverson,who are more familiar with each other, Martin posting up, leaves camby on the boards to clean up. It's Going to be a huge problem, I have to say I don't think the Knicks can pull this one off this early in season. We need more time to get used to Zach and figure out our rotation.
    i agree fully...i hope we can win, but i dont see it yet....q. rich HAS to show up on both offense and defense...we need to score with them....crawford needs to have a great game, also lee and balkman in order for us to win

denver - 122
    new york - 113

I Hope the Knicks win. I know it's only Game #3, but it'll be Game #60 before we know it. It's time for the NYK's to start getting some recognition. Beating the Nuggets could start raising some eyebrows

If the Knicks are going to have any shoot at a win they need to guard the dam 3 point line. I'd really like to see Mardy get some PT the Knicks could use his peremiter D. If the Knicks want any chance at a Win they'll have to contain Mello and Iverson. The Knicks Big Men should be able to out-score the Nuggets Bigs so if we play some perimeter D this should turn out a good game, and hopefully a Win.

Theres absolutely no chance Jared Jefferies will dress right? Cause it wouldn't hurt to have as many athletic swingmen to throw at Melo on the D. I'd even consider dressing Chandler tonight, simply for the fact he could give us 5 good minutes of D. I think Marbury, Fred Jones, Nate, and possibly Mardy will get the unfortunate task of trying to contain AI.

Melo and AI are as good as they come. There going to get there points you gotta try to not let guys like J.R. Smith light you up on wide open Threes.

As far as the big man matchup I think we have the slight edge. Alot of people are talking like Kmart is back in his Nets uniform running the court with Jkidd. The guy was a big time player but hes just not the same due to his injuries. And i love Camby and he still is great but Curry should be able to get him into foul trouble.

Only game three but for the Knicks this season its so important to have a positive start especially considering the West coast trip is coming up soon, we could use a positive momentum game, and beating a potential top team in the West would give us that. Not to mention the fight should give us some added motivation.

Knicks 106- Nuggets 101

Anyone know how to get msg on sopcast? Thanks

the knicks are down at first quarter

Klieza (or someone) scored 12
    iverson 11

steph has scored 8 though

Who has something bad to say about Curry?! My boy killed it tonight...all the haters take a seat!!! He had something special tonight...now let's see if he can bring it every game. To the haters............I told you so....

Free throws are killing us but we still got the win.

Great effort, great win. That was one hell of an entertaining game.

I"m a Knicks fan so i'm tryin to think of something negitive to add but i think all 8 guys played great tonight. Lets just work on those free throws.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

LMAO!

I love the irony.

At the end of the game, Knicks get to run up the score, by Crawford's FT...lol, how does it feel Karl? Damn, what a total ownage in victory. We finally came alive in the 4th.

Balkman must start.

Marbury(great game)
    Crawford(Q-Rich has to lose weight, he's too slow to be on the same floor with Randolph and Curry, we need to mix up our agility)
    Balkman(defense, intensity, overall chemistry with the team)
    Randolph(best player on the team)
    Curry(Amazing preformance in the 4th, he let it all our, and showed why everyone raves about his talent. He continues the passion and agressive, the offense won't be a problem. I still have a problem with Curry's very poor post defense).

Great win, I feel motivated as hell...tomorrow will be a good day.

Veteran

Crawford is buggin out... Safe to say he is playing like he left off. 8 assist, 25 points... Good shots all night... He and Steph appear to have the right balance between scoring and dishing... And it will only get better.

We still have to play better defense... But We'll all take it!

Big Big Win way to go team. Everyone played great! Free Throws couldv'e killed us but we made up for it on the offensive boards. How about Eddy with a key block, and strong rebounding. I know it's just one game but we needed it to build momentum.

Default Great game!!!

It's funny how most members thought we were gonna lose, but we won. Great game guys. Just finished with the game. The randolph/curry tandem seems to be working goodl. This win came despite iverson and anthony playing relatively well. IT did ok balancing the randolph/curry tandem, sitting one of them from time to time and then putting them back together on key stretches. This win should be good motivation for a good streak! Nice game too by marbs. This has to be one of the best games since the latter part of the 06-07 season despite just winning by a small margin. Freethrow shooting problem though must still be addressed.

Hate to be a downer, but if we don't show up and play with the same energry Friday this game means nothing.