Help me Isiah, I just don't understand.

jzero29

Rotation player
I like this team, but we are not setting ourselves up for the future. Isiah amazingly brings in talent, but each year it is getting harder to make bigt deals. With each trade he has brought in an overpaid player with a contract no other team will touch. This is a temporary fix to a growing problem. Our payroll is spread out to far into the bench. Guys like Jerome James and Malik Rose who won't see regular playing time are costing our team 15million this season! They won't even see the floor very often! And if Rose does see the floor it comes at the expense of Chandler, who could be using that time to develope. I respect Rose. He is a good player, just not for the money and he's to far down on depth chart to make an impact anyway. Rose would only play garbage time, the time most teams allow for rookies and works in progress. So not only is he expensive, he is clogging up the development of our young players. I admitt he is a good influence on young players and in the looker room, but that is a coaches job, not a players to influence and mold young players. Besides how much influence does he have when he doesn't even see the floor, how much do young players respect a guy who rides the pine? Jerome James, everyone should realize he has absolutely no value at all. He is not a mentor, role model or talent for anyone to admire or respect. Buying him out would be expensive, but worth it. If we had bought him out and signed Nichols, we could play and develope Nichols in garbage time, the only time James would ever see the floor, and it would have cost the Knick only about 1.6million more than letting Nichols go. (800k slaray 800k luxary tax. What we pay James now and what we would pay him if we bought him out is basically the same, so the only additional cost would be Nichols salary and luxary tax...about 1.6million and we'd have a future star or a valuable role player or a bust, but it would only have cost 1.6 extra and wouldn't really effect the cap. And now all we have is jerome james an obvious bust, who still gets paid. Heck we could have pretended he is still on the roster if it would make Isiah feel better, he will play just as much.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
haha your very funny

haha your very funny. I know Isiah doesn't read these forums, I am venting. Because I don't understand what he's doing, I am hoping other knicks fans read this and input about what they think or believe or want to vent.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i didnt read the whole thing but i read enough, once i read we could use chandler to develop this year, man forget developing right now, its all about wins, and its too bad chandler not playing but wins first

GetRealistic

Starter
i didnt read the whole thing but i read enough, once i read we could use chandler to develop this year, man forget developing right now, its all about wins, and its too bad chandler not playing but wins first

You hit it right on the head. The orginzation, media, and fans are all tired of losing. Everybody needs to see a winning record atleast to give us the illusion were moving in the right direction.

I don't know if anybody listens to Stephen A Smiths radio show but he mentions atleast once a day that in 3 years Lebron is going to make a choice between Brooklyn or the Knicks. We'll still have money problems but Marbury, Rose, and James would all be off the books. And we'd have potential trade pieces like Lee,Nate,Mardy, chandler, and any other draft picks we select in the upcoming years.

jzero29

Rotation player

You hit it right on the head. The orginzation, media, and fans are all tired of losing. Everybody needs to see a winning record atleast to give us the illusion were moving in the right direction.

I don't know if anybody listens to Stephen A Smiths radio show but he mentions atleast once a day that in 3 years Lebron is going to make a choice between Brooklyn or the Knicks. We'll still have money problems but Marbury, Rose, and James would all be off the books. And we'd have potential trade pieces like Lee,Nate,Mardy, chandler, and any other draft picks we select in the upcoming years.
Boy you guys are off about what i was saying about playing chandler, first I was saying during garbage time, so the win will already be decided either way win or lose. Second why not develope our young guys during this time? During a blow out, instead of giving these otherwise meaningless minutes to guys like Jerome James and Malik Rose. Use these meaningless minutes to develope rookies not have worthless vets feel like they are still playing. It was also about not keeping Demetris Nichols and JArad Jordan, Two players that can become servicable players in the NBA if not more. Why pay guys 12.9(as i was corrected) to play garbage time and clog up our development of young players even more. Not setting ourselves up for the future is why we won't be able to get big free agents. It has been our problem, Isiahs 8 man rotation, really shows why have such expensive bench players? like Rose and James? they are both untradable and not going to contribute to a game except in garbage time.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
IT

yp stop talking about IT dont u got something better to do he got to wins already and he did good in the preseaon so when he dont get the wins then u could if no shut up

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Did U See What He Did In The End Of The Game He Now Doing His Job Is Not That I Like How He Do It But He Is Geting Better So Dont Talk All Sa Shit Ya Been Talking O Yeah We Should Bring Patrick In The Staff Some Where

jzero29

Rotation player
uhm what?

yp stop talking about IT dont u got something better to do he got to wins already and he did good in the preseaon so when he dont get the wins then u could if no shut up

Did U See What He Did In The End Of The Game He Now Doing His Job Is Not That I Like How He Do It But He Is Geting Better So Dont Talk All Sa Shit Ya Been Talking O Yeah We Should Bring Patrick In The Staff Some Where
Question?...uhm what?

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Question?...uhm what?

da 0.2 seconds thing that shir was funny made everbody come back i know the denver coach was mad and yo i dont know about u but you gotta remember if he dont make the playoof he is gettong fired just like joe torre shit in da end of it pat we be the new coach but he if he does good he stays so let see is he does a good job and stop talking about him that much cuase is kinda hard because his good teams in our division like clevend boston and miami so chill

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Boy you guys are off about what i was saying about playing chandler, first I was saying during garbage time, so the win will already be decided either way win or lose. Second why not develope our young guys during this time? During a blow out, instead of giving these otherwise meaningless minutes to guys like Jerome James and Malik Rose. Use these meaningless minutes to develope rookies not have worthless vets feel like they are still playing. It was also about not keeping Demetris Nichols and JArad Jordan, Two players that can become servicable players in the NBA if not more. Why pay guys 12.9(as i was corrected) to play garbage time and clog up our development of young players even more. Not setting ourselves up for the future is why we won't be able to get big free agents. It has been our problem, Isiahs 8 man rotation, really shows why have such expensive bench players? like Rose and James? they are both untradable and not going to contribute to a game except in garbage time.

lol, u gotta be kidding me, lmaooo.....garbage minutes, u going to develop a rookie in garbage minutes???u dont even deserve a reply after that

jzero29

Rotation player
You are like talking to a brick wall.

lol, u gotta be kidding me, lmaooo.....garbage minutes, u going to develop a rookie in garbage minutes???u dont even deserve a reply after that
I'd first like to say you have the reading comprehension equal to the mastery of grammar Knicksfancris displays, who must be like 4yrs old. I don't deserve a reply? Because I suggested to develope rookies when the game has already been decided. Like EVERY other team in the NBA? I'm not talking about stud first rounders,who get a lot of minutes for bad teams, I'm talking second rounders and late first rounders on winning teams, like the NJ nets. Like how NJ brought along Antoine Wright, slowly at first and as he proved himself they were able to play him more and now look at him. Nj didn't sacrifice wins to develope their rookies. He played 9min per game when he was a rookie, just a little more than James (6mpg) and a little less than Rose (12min).He wasn't on the floor in the 4th quarter when NJ was down by 2, no he was on the bench. He got his time in garbage time. His second year he played 18mpg playing during slightly more meaningful and productive times and this year he's playing 28mpg (good minutes) and he's been very productive late first rounder.

So let me get this straight, I don't understand what your saying your against? Why you object to developing Rookies and why I don't understand why ROse and James are on the roster instead of Nichols? your saying in your first post, that rookies shouldn't play at all and wins should come first and forget developing. I agree with wins part, but you can't forget about developing players, lee and balkman would never have played, they would never have gotten chance to display talent if they didn't get to come off the bench and play, in blowouts and other times. That was a different team then and they were losing a lot. So now that we are starting to win, I don't think we should play around with chandler during crucial times. I think he should come off the bench only after the game has been decided(aka garbage time) This gives Chandler time on the floor to develope and play against NBA players. Much like what the Nets did with A.Wright.

In your second post you say, that you can't develope players in garbage time either. Are you saying chandler should not step on the floor all year? If you don't want to play him when the game is on the line and you don't want to play him durring a blow out(knicks winning or losing) when do you play him? You know you don't play starters in blow outs for risk of injury, so you'd rather play Jerome James or Malik Rose then Chandler? Further more I was bitching about even having a guy like malik rose and Jerome james(even if healthy) who wouldn't/shouldn't see the floor except in blowouts or several injurys. Why not have Demetris Nichols instead? If you've notice, Isiah has been playing 8 guys, small rotation, much like many other NBA team. Other Nba teams only let rookies play minimal minutes, these minutes(comming mostly in garbage time). Having Jerome James take up or Malik rose is a waste. GUys like Chandler and Nichols should be getting those minutes. Yes I know nichols is gone, it is part of why I don't get what Isiahs doing, why have two players that cost 5.8 and 7.1 mill, take up a spot on the bench and who are not productive memebers, why not have a rookie on the bench, and when you would put jerome james in the game or malik rose, put in those rookies. Because If you've been watching, Rose and James aren't playing, he will at some point, but I don't think it will be during a crucial part of a game, unless their is an injury or several players have foul trouble and it won't be for long. Why not put a rookie in for the small amount of minutes to DEVELOPE them. DO you think those times are so important that you should have James and Rose in? Like it will make a difference having them? Why not keep young talented players and let washed up vets go play with their millions.
This has always been a problem with Isiahs knicks, bench is to deep and to expensive. Do you really need a guy who makes 7.1mill this year(Rose) and plays only 12.8mpg(will play evenless this year) or a guy who earns 5.8million a year (Jerome James)and plays only 6mpg (Won't play at all this year)
These guys are wastes on the roster, they are expensive and won't even play except for garbage time or 2-3 minutes during a regular game, where I'd rather have a rookie playing.
DO i think Rose is a better NBA player than Chandler, Yes i do, but the amount of important time rose will play this year is minimal and in that little time do i think Chandler or a guy like Nichols would be that big of a drop off to affect this team? No. So why not Go cheap and have the rookies instead of the expensive players. We could of have another diamondd in the rough (balkman) in Chandler. Again, because you don't seem to understand, I'm not saying start chandler or even have him come of the bench before other guys that arre currently playing. I'm saying why even have Rose and CHandler on the team. Buy them out, maybe they'll take a buyout for less than full value of contract, saving the knicks money that they would have paid them for doing nothing but riding pine. Then they could have kept some of the rookies that they let go and maybe next year or the year after that they start to be productive.