The media really needs to start... oh wait

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I was talking to my wife last night during the game and I said "The media needs to start embracing this team; which it hasn't done in years" my wife smirked and thought that I was crazy.

Well, I read the NY Daily News today and was happy with what I read. and listening to WFAN they have been praising the Knicks for the last 10 minutes speaking about how exciting they have been and they are showing promise.

Anyway remember when the media used to praise this team? These guys read the paper and I believe feed off of it to some extent. I think by reading positive statements in the media will also help the team psyche.

Anyone agree?

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
I think winning will help the team psyche. The Garden was wild last night. The fans and the city are ready to love the Knicks. They need to play hard, play tough and of course win. If that happens, the team will not just get the love from the papers and radio. They'll hear it at the Garden and heck, they'll hear it from people on the street. Play like last night on a consistent basis and they'll energize the city.

Knicksfan71

Rookie
Once we start winning on a consistant basis, this city will fall in love with the Knicks all over again. The scandal over the summer and the non exsistant management has put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Winning will be the only thing that takes it all away.

kaos1

Rookie
Knicks need to win NOW. 50+ games!

But Anyways, Yes. I do realize the positive media coverage on the Knickerbockers. I was listening to the Max Kellerman show on 1050 and it was great listening to the lovefest of the knicks. I hope it lasts all season.. as well as the winning.

the knicks were on ESPN's national front page!!

"Garden Party"

I just hope that this season is the season we return as a East powerhouse team, and the Garden is a feared place to play for opponents

Trin_Starr

Starter
I was talking to my wife last night during the game and I said "The media needs to start embracing this team; which it hasn't done in years" my wife smirked and thought that I was crazy.

Well, I read the NY Daily News today and was happy with what I read. and listening to WFAN they have been praising the Knicks for the last 10 minutes speaking about how exciting they have been and they are showing promise.

Anyway remember when the media used to praise this team? These guys read the paper and I believe feed off of it to some extent. I think by reading positive statements in the media will also help the team psyche.

Anyone agree?

How about this article? :)
Finally some +ve press

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...8vLYF?slug=aw-isiah110707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns