NYK vs ORL (Big men showdown Part I)

nyk_nyk

All Star
In tonight's game against ORL Curry should play like he has something to prove. The 2 best young big men in the east will be giving people a look at what will be a series of great matchups. Presently, I think that Dwight Howard has progressed more than Curry, but I don't think that DH can guard EC that easily. I'm a fan of both guys and will be watching the matchup closely.

Curry will definitely need help with DH because of his speed and agility off the dribble and DH will need help on EC because he's just not strong enough yet. Ultimately I think the team that plays the best help defense will win the game. Randolph and Lewis should cancel each other out. Steph should outplay Nelson, Bogans is good but I assume Crawford will give him problems, and Turkoglu might have the edge over Q because of his size (6'10") and shooting ability.

Prediction: Knicks by 4

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Theres gonna be a mismatch on both ends of the court. If what you say is true about Turkoglu playin sf and Rash playin pf, well either way whoever Zach has to guard he wont be able to guard but whoever has to guard him, good luck. Crawford aint stoppin nobody, Curry vs Howard should be a good matchup. I think Curry can outscore Howard but I dont think he can outplay him. Howard most likely will end up with more rebounds and blocks. I'm not concerned about Currys rebounding abiltiy or lack of, cuz the rest of the team hits the board real hard. I hope to see him continue to make more of an effort on defense like he did against Denver. He didnt always look good but i noticed early in the game against Denver that he was at least trying and in the 4th quarter he got that nice block on Camby. If the Knicks fall behind, all they gotta do is bring in Balkmen cuz he is the man and he will single handedly get the knicks back into the game. He'll stop Rash Lewis and Turkoglu. I cant wait for tonights game. I'm about as excited as Dennis.....I'll save it for another time but 4 and a half hours to go.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yeah, ORL starts Hedo and Lewis which causes matchup problems. The Knicks have a way better bench than the Magic so if the starters come out sluggish I'm okay with our reserves stepping it up.

I agree with you on Howard, he will have a lot of rebounds and will probably even cause a lot of problems for Steph and Crawford going to the basket. I think it's really important in this game for our guards to penetrate and dish. We need to get Howard away from the basket to create easy scoring opportunities for our "meat and potaoes".

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I deff agree centers will b the focus of this game and PF will b an interesting match up but i expect to see Balkman gettin early time tonight

Trin_Starr

Starter
This is really going to be a tough game for the knicks. Their perimeter D is really suspect and now with players 1-4 on the magic being 3pt bombers - we can easily get lit up.

I don't think Q's ankle is fully healed - cause he's definitely not playing like his old self, but hopefully balkman will frustrate lewis.
Also I think we need to exploit the PF position on offense. Lewis and Hedo are both shoddy defenders - we need to throw that ball in the paint and let zach take em out.

Keep out TOs down, hit those FTs and we should walk away with a win.