Answer to our prayers

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Zach Randolph paid for the residence his Grandmother lived in. That would probably make him an executor of her estate. How do you think he would resolve this? If there are taxes, he would have to pay those before recieving control of the property. I'm canadian and sadly have more understanding than you. Seriously, get off Zach's back. His grandmother passed, and he has to deal with it. This was supposed to be David Lee's time to shine in his absence right? All Lee has shown me is that Isiah was right to get Randolph. I would have preferred Lamarcus Aldridge, but that was never gonna happen.

Well fortunately, Zach has decided to step up and play. However, you are wrong about the estate issues. You have plenty of time to deal with those kinds of things. Besides, that's why rich people have great lawyers.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Yo Dicklover star out of this. i gotta give lil man bklyn, metrocard, and knicks4life some big props. I dont blame Marbury for doin what he did. Isiah had no right to disrespect him like that. This fuckn guy plays through pain with a lot of heart, hes a christian, hes still a top 10 point guard and everyone besides 4 of us is hatin on him. Get off his dick and go suck crawfords and mcflurrys. I cant believe that everyone is pointing the finger at Marbury. Yeah he left the team but Isiah had no right threatning his starting job. I'll admit he had a couple of off games but wait til he gets goin. He was knockin down 3's, driving to the hoop and winning games last year while at the other end of the court he was stoppin some of the best scorers in the league. Doesntt anyone remember all the 30 point games he had the second half of last season? Fuck Bibby and Jason Williams, and Fred Jones is better then Crawford. Anyone else whos supporting Marbury please step up cuz theres gotta be more then 4 of us. Its sad how everyones turned on Marbury. He gonna prove all yall wrong.

Look, it doesn't matter if Isiah was right or wrong about pulling him from his starting position so quickly. The fact of the matter is, the only other person they need to get rid of almost as much as Marbury is Isiah. Let's be real, a professional "anything", let alone athlete, does not abandon ship because he doesn't get his way. Not only is this a distraction, it's disgraceful. If you don't understand that, then you have the same thug mentality that has been ruining this franchise for years.

Individual excellent efforts and overall stats are meaningless.

Winning is also about character - the quality of the person, how he puts "team first", and the ability to deliver when it COUNTS.

Marbury has shown no character at all.

All he has shown is disgraceful and self centered behavior, an inability to deliver at crunch time with any consistency, chronic poor decisions, and an inability to make his teamates better. Sure his stats look good sometimes, but it's no accident that there's often an "L" at the end of those games.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
There are several problems, but Marbury is the biggest one. He's a total LOSER!!!

You don't only judge a player by his athletic ability and stats. You judge them by their character, both as human beings/teamates, and their ability to perform under pressure at crunch time.

Marbury is obviously a classless idiot with no basketball IQ, marginal mental problems, that doesn't make his teamates better, and that can't perform at crunch time.

There are reasons why smart teams get rid of some players with great stats and athletic ability. They see the character flaws and know they can't win with those players. Players like Marbury, Artest and others are like a cancer on any team they play on no matter what their stats.

Let's just pray that Randolph isn't another disaster waiting to happen.

With all due respect and sympathy to the man, most professional athletes would have spent a day or two with family, and then taken a day for the funeral. This guy is practically taking an open ended vacation. He did the same thing in Portland for a somewhat less significant death (a brother in law or something). I am already calling BS on this and believe me I do understand that some people are very close to their granny and don't handle death well.

Crawford and Curry are winners?

Dude...stfu, Randolph lost a family member, I lost my abuela a month ago...that shit is not easy.

I'm sick of fans like you, not paying respect to atheletes and believe whatever the media says about their personal lvies...they're "thugs" "idiots" "trouble makers". STFU, you don't know these guys; Randolph and Marbury did a lot of charity work, as much as any NBA player. I hate how Curry plays, but do you see me attacking him personally? I just make fun of lack of defense. I don't call Curry a thug, an idiot and etc, I don't know the man. I just know Curry's abilities on the basketball court.

Minorites are very close to their grandmothers, they're like our moms, when mom is working all the time, who else you're going to spend time with? I can't believe you disrespected Randolph like that.

LMAO, Artest is a cancer?

You're obviously a classless idiot with no basketball IQ, marginal mental problems, that doesn't make his teammates better, and that can't perform at crunch time.

Do you even know what IQ is; or basketball IQ for that matter?

LOL, "Mental Problems"...okay Mr Psychologist.

You're hopeless.

I love Mardy Collins, but I'm sorry, he does not have enough experience, or a jumpshot, to lead us to the playoffs. Neither does Nate, experience wise. Marbury's attitide just shows me that he doesn't care about winning anymore, so regardless if he comes back or not, he can not lead this team. Marbury has lost the respect of his teammates, management, and probably the entire NBA. Whatever little trade value he had has been lost, so we will probably end up buying him out. I'm sure this drama is also negatively effecting the team. So therefore, a once hopeful playoff berth season, has resulted in a 25-35 win season and no playoffs.

Look on the bright side, at least Isiah will be fired soon. It sucks that the Knicks will be bad again but at least 2 (Marbury, Isiah) of the 3 (Dolan) knuckleheads will be gone.

You're face is hopeless.

Marbury hasn't lost the respect of his teammates; read the articles...his teammates are defending him.

the entire in the NBA? You don't even know anyone in the NBA you asshead, stop speaking out of your ass...lol, do you just try to sound like a guy on ESPN on the internet? It doesn't come out right, you're coming here with no facts; just ass talk...like we say in the Bronx, BOCHINCHE.

Who the respects the Knicks management?

Keep trying you're hardest to put this all on Marbury, cause you're not doing too very good.

Jason Williams played with Shaq and Dwayne Wade...now he's officially a winner? Man, I guess Knicks need to bring Micheal Doleac back, trade Curry for him now. Look at Doleac's ring, it'll sure get us somewhere in the future.

Williams is a C level PG, Marbury is a B level PG. J-Will isn't on Marbury's level. Williams is Carlos Arroyo with increased minutes and less efficiency.

Somebody had to give Shaq and Wade the ball and that was Jason.Yes he is a proven winner and he has the ring to prove it and thats something Marbury does'nt have.Sure Marbury has more skill than Jason but Marbury does'nt know how to use his skill and thats why he will never be a winner and will always be a bad apple.Jason acted like Marbury when he came into the league BUT he grew up and is now a good proven point guard that his teamates respect.I know he would be a better fit in NEW YORK than Marbury b/c he is a team player that would'nt turn his back on the team and would help the younger players like Lee,Balkman,Curry get better.l

Marbury doesn't know how to use that skill?

Everyone lets stop reading, and rethink how much do these Isiahsexuals really know about "basketball skills". I'm no basketball prophecy, but I know to average 15 and 7 in the NBA and 20 and 8 for your career...you need to know how to use your skills. What the fuck you want Marbury to average? 30 and 15? Marbury is extremely solid offensively.

Williams is trash, and is very replaceable.

No you don't know. New Yorkers will be buying a plane ticket back to Jason William's hick town in West Virginia.

I can't even talk to you, its disgusting. Williams over Marbury? Because he plays with Shaq, Wade and is coached by Riley? Ahaha.

Yo Dicklover star out of this. i gotta give lil man bklyn, metrocard, and knicks4life some big props. I dont blame Marbury for doin what he did. Isiah had no right to disrespect him like that. This fuckn guy plays through pain with a lot of heart, hes a christian, hes still a top 10 point guard and everyone besides 4 of us is hatin on him. Get off his dick and go suck crawfords and mcflurrys. I cant believe that everyone is pointing the finger at Marbury. Yeah he left the team but Isiah had no right threatning his starting job. I'll admit he had a couple of off games but wait til he gets goin. He was knockin down 3's, driving to the hoop and winning games last year while at the other end of the court he was stoppin some of the best scorers in the league. Doesntt anyone remember all the 30 point games he had the second half of last season? Fuck Bibby and Jason Williams, and Fred Jones is better then Crawford. Anyone else whos supporting Marbury please step up cuz theres gotta be more then 4 of us. Its sad how everyones turned on Marbury. He gonna prove all yall wrong.

Exactly...the Isiahsexuals would turn on Allah, Jesus...Confucious, all them dudes.

I'm not even supporting Marbury, I'm just defending the innocent. These Isiahsexuals are still blind to Isiah's media and PR tricks...they stay getting dicked and fooled.

It just seems to me..

That Zeke is singling out Steph for what he has not done as a coach. Bottom line is, this guy can't coach. It's becoming more and more apparent. I can't see how a man who was part of one of the greatest dynasties in NBA history, can have a team this wreckless. Especially on defense. I mean, it's common knowledge ... people can't go through other people. Defies the law of physics. Therefore if a pick is set, sometimes another man will have to help his teammate out some while he fights through the pick. Because he does not preach this, His guards shoulder too much of the load in defending other guards. They leave them with so much room at the three point line because they are scared to play up on them knowing they won't get any help if they get beat. And if they can defend a player one on one, the teams adjust and start sending P-N-R all day knowing Eddy Fluffy or Zach won't help, because of Zeke's silly every man for himself on defense rule. It's basically the offensive team playing like a team, and the Knicks defense is every man on his own island... better find a way to defy physics!

Then, we have Steph clearly sacrificing his game for the team offensively, deferring to players he is better than. And what's worse is, as good as Crawford is playing offensively, his defense has been horrid, and his turnovers ghastly. No one has said a peep about his sorry defense. And I'm a JC backer. His defense sucks. And his turnovers are making me hate him. How many times will he carry the ball tonight? How many times this year before he find a better way to use his crossover? It's called turning on the lights. Will it happen?

Curry, wow. I had hoped he would improve over the summer. Heck, I hoped the whole team would. I was wrong. forget turning on the lights, I'm starting to wonder if he even has a light switch.

Isaiah is getting fired.

metrocard

Legend
capt.c37735318b7f41f28a9cdbd52849de3f.knicks_clippers_basketball_las102.jpg

Marbury is like "Whateva"

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
That Zeke is singling out Steph for what he has not done as a coach. Bottom line is, this guy can't coach. It's becoming more and more apparent. I can't see how a man who was part of one of the greatest dynasties in NBA history, can have a team this wreckless. Especially on defense. I mean, it's common knowledge ... people can't go through other people. Defies the law of physics. Therefore if a pick is set, sometimes another man will have to help his teammate out some while he fights through the pick. Because he does not preach this, His guards shoulder too much of the load in defending other guards. They leave them with so much room at the three point line because they are scared to play up on them knowing they won't get any help if they get beat. And if they can defend a player one on one, the teams adjust and start sending P-N-R all day knowing Eddy Fluffy or Zach won't help, because of Zeke's silly every man for himself on defense rule. It's basically the offensive team playing like a team, and the Knicks defense is every man on his own island... better find a way to defy physics!

Then, we have Steph clearly sacrificing his game for the team offensively, deferring to players he is better than. And what's worse is, as good as Crawford is playing offensively, his defense has been horrid, and his turnovers ghastly. No one has said a peep about his sorry defense. And I'm a JC backer. His defense sucks. And his turnovers are making me hate him. How many times will he carry the ball tonight? How many times this year before he find a better way to use his crossover? It's called turning on the lights. Will it happen?

Curry, wow. I had hoped he would improve over the summer. Heck, I hoped the whole team would. I was wrong. forget turning on the lights, I'm starting to wonder if he even has a light switch.

Isaiah is getting fired.

Curry looks like he did improve some on offense but his defense is still not there. I was happy to see him going after the boards but like others have said he cant play with intensity for more than 1 quarter or 1 half of a game. I think were stuck with him too. It has been very frustrating watching Crawford play this horrible. He cant spell defense but he knows how to spell turnover. Its still a mystery to me why Isiah wanted to reduce Marburys role when Curry and Crawford have been tough to watch on defense and turnover prone. I dont think Zach Randolph is the guy that has to step up and start blocking shots. He'll never be a shot blocker because he cant really get off the ground to well but hes a smart defender when he wants to be. McFlurry needs to attack the ball and intimidate, he needs to play like a man. He needs to watch films of Garnett and study how intense and aggressive he is. So far the season has been embarrassing and a failure but hopefully they come together and start winning some games.

clumsy

Rotation player
We need to ship Curry out somehow. Just like most you already judge that Marbury will always be a loser why don't we call a spade a spade. Eddy Curry is what we thought he is. He's not a rookie, he been at it for 6 years already you gotta stop giving the excuse like he's a young dude. He can score at will but will NEVER scare anyone defensively. He might not even ever get to average. He will always be poor to mediocre in my opinion. For that matter maybe Jamal too

clumsy

Rotation player
However while I don't think Marbury is a good fit for this particular squad I would never ship him to the heat for Jason Williams. I don't wanna see some Gary Payton to the Heat type stuff to go down in Miami again

LJ4ptplay

Starter

You're face is hopeless.

Marbury hasn't lost the respect of his teammates; read the articles...his teammates are defending him.

the entire in the NBA? You don't even know anyone in the NBA you asshead, stop speaking out of your ass...lol, do you just try to sound like a guy on ESPN on the internet? It doesn't come out right, you're coming here with no facts; just ass talk...like we say in the Bronx, BOCHINCHE.

Keep trying you're hardest to put this all on Marbury, cause you're not doing too very good.

The question still stands. Why do you continue to support a person who abandons his team? If Curry or Crawford had abandoned the team I would be bashing them as well. Just face it, Marbury will never be a leader of this team and is not the point guard that we need. I'm not putting this all on Marbury. Both Marbury and Isiah need to go.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I just can't believe there are those still defending "Starbury." Declining skills and a continuing to be a malcontent. Perfect. PG is supposed to be a team leader. So that's like Chad Pennington or JP Losman after being benched just leaving the team instead of looking in the mirror and saying I need to do better. And you want to attack the young players on the team like Craw and Curry??? Look at the example our most highly paid veteran player is setting. If you suck and don't get less PT, just get on a plane and leave the team. That will solve everything. I know its only 6 games into the season, but a team that hasn't been to the playoff for a while like the Knicks can't afford to get off to a bad start. Esp. when our so-called team leader is a quitter and has no heart. Unbelievable. Another bust year for the Knicks. All the games should be played on weekday afternoons in sandwiched between One Life to Live and General Hospital and the rest of the soap opera.

paris401

Starter
I just can't believe there are those still defending "Starbury." Declining skills and a continuing to be a malcontent. Perfect. PG is supposed to be a team leader. So that's like Chad Pennington or JP Losman after being benched just leaving the team instead of looking in the mirror and saying I need to do better. And you want to attack the young players on the team like Craw and Curry??? Look at the example our most highly paid veteran player is setting. If you suck and don't get less PT, just get on a plane and leave the team. That will solve everything. I know its only 6 games into the season, but a team that hasn't been to the playoff for a while like the Knicks can't afford to get off to a bad start. Esp. when our so-called team leader is a quitter and has no heart. Unbelievable. Another bust year for the Knicks. All the games should be played on weekday afternoons in sandwiched between One Life to Live and General Hospital and the rest of the soap opera.

A-1 post......

NYKnicks15

Starter
wow we are still debating the marbury situation?... i liked marbury, i defended him with all i had over the years but lets look at this way. point blank. feelings aside take his name out of it..

PLAYER NAME UNKNOWN
6'2 180 Point Guard 11 years in the league.
19.8 points. 7.9 assists. 3 rebounds. 1.2 steals. 3.08 turnovers.
3 winning seasons and 3 playoff appearances. 0 championships.
previous teams: Minnesota, New Jersey, Pheonix. 4 teams in 11 years.
Shoot first point guard. Average defense. Not a leader (in fact goes AWOL on the team when starting position gets taken away). Gets in fights with teammates (Shawn Marion, Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas, Keith Van Horn, Quentin Richardson) and coaches. Has 42 million coming off the books in 2 years. Tradeable contract. Good player just doesnt have chemistry with any player on this team.

Just look at those facts. Disregard who we are talking about and just read. think. if all the aforementioned is true. wouldnt you trade him as well?

knicklover

Benchwarmer

Dude...stfu, Randolph lost a family member, I lost my abuela a month ago...that shit is not easy.

I'm sick of fans like you, not paying respect to atheletes and believe whatever the media says about their personal lvies...they're "thugs" "idiots" "trouble makers". STFU, you don't know these guys; Randolph and Marbury did a lot of charity work, as much as any NBA player. I hate how Curry plays, but do you see me attacking him personally? I just make fun of lack of defense. I don't call Curry a thug, an idiot and etc, I don't know the man. I just know Curry's abilities on the basketball court.

Minorites are very close to their grandmothers, they're like our moms, when mom is working all the time, who else you're going to spend time with? I can't believe you disrespected Randolph like that.

LMAO, Artest is a cancer?

You're obviously a classless idiot with no basketball IQ, marginal mental problems, that doesn't make his teammates better, and that can't perform at crunch time.

Do you even know what IQ is; or basketball IQ for that matter?

LOL, "Mental Problems"...okay Mr Psychologist.

You're face is hopeless.

Marbury doesn't know how to use that skill?

Everyone lets stop reading, and rethink how much do these Isiahsexuals really know about "basketball skills". I'm no basketball prophecy, but I know to average 15 and 7 in the NBA and 20 and 8 for your career...you need to know how to use your skills. What the fuck you want Marbury to average? 30 and 15? Marbury is extremely solid offensively.

Williams is trash, and is very replaceable.

No you don't know. New Yorkers will be buying a plane ticket back to Jason William's hick town in West Virginia.

I can't even talk to you, its disgusting. Williams over Marbury? Because he plays with Shaq, Wade and is coached by Riley? Ahaha.

Exactly...the Isiahsexuals would turn on Allah, Jesus...Confucious, all them dudes.

I'm not even supporting Marbury, I'm just defending the innocent. These Isiahsexuals are still blind to Isiah's media and PR tricks...they stay getting dicked and fooled.

Metro,

I have never called anyone or implied that anyone on the team was a thug except for Marbury and Isiah. I'll let their testomony and behavior speak for itself.

I have also questioned Robinson and Zach based on their history, but excused Nate's behavior as possible youthful immaturity and Zach's because he deserves at least one more chance in NY.

Believe me, I understand death. I am 48 and I'm pretty sure I have experienced the death of as many close family members and friends as you have.

Zach has already done the right thing. So the point is moot.

I was simply suggesting that every professional athlete I have ever seen that experienced the death of a close family member took a few days off, went to the funeral, and came back to work. Doc Rivers just lost his father and came back almost immediately as the latest example. Either the communication between the Knicks and the press was piss poor or something else was amiss. The stories I was reading sounded like Zach's time off was open ended and could extend through the entire road trip and further. There was also a story about him taking two weeks off in Portland for the death of a brother in law. Given his reputation, I don't think it was in any way out of line for me and others to question what the hell was going on and how motivated he really was.

As I said, it became moot when he came back last night and played. He did what a professional should do. I have no complaints at all. So far I love him as a player and he seems like a great guy. I don't know what went wrong in Portland.

I have to disagree with you about Artest. I don't care what kind of charity work he does to try to restore his reputation or even out of generally good intentions (you do realize agents and the NBA push this kind of thing to restore destroyed reputations), he's an idiot, behaves like an idiot, probably has mental problems, puts himself ahead of teamates etc.... If you can't see that what can you see? He is like a cancer on any team he's part of and you'd have to be a maniac or not understand winning to want him to be part of the Knicks no matter what package of skills he has. there are reasons everyone wants to get rid of him despite him having such extraordinary talents. They see what you seem to want to ignore.

As a general commentary, I always enjoy reading your analysis of players and stats etc...

I am not a professional athlete now and was never much of basketball player (just a Knicks fan since 1969), but I have played at close to a semi-professional level at one sport.

Believe me when I tell you there is WAY MORE to winning than skills, athletic ability, and stats.

Intangibles of character are what seperates "closely matched" opponents.

It's a lack of character that is causing these Knicks to lose all these close games over the last two seasons.

Tinkering at the edges and analyzing their stats is not going to change a thing. We need someone that can lead the team at crunch time without turning over the ball, make the big shot fairly consistently, step up the defense to another level etc... That's what Isiah is asking of Marbury, but it's a wasted effort because he simply does not possess those qualities even though he is a gifted althlete. If anything, his biggest flaw is that he is weak in those areas relative to his talents. That's why people are so down on him. We know he can score, get assists, and compile nice looking stats. He just can't do it when it matters most!!! Plus, he adds little to team chemistry in terms of making others better the way a PG should and is a constant distraction.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

Terrible post, declining skills? He played the best basketball of his career the 2nd half of last season and defensively hes one of the best point guards in the NBA. He started playing defense with a new strategy last year where he smothers the guy who hes defending and a lot of top players have had problems with him. Do you even watch the knicks or do you occasionally catch the highlights or look at the boxscores? And im sick of hearing this bullshit about how Crawford and Curry are younger. They've both been in the league long enough to learn how to play defense and not turn the ball over. Both of them shouldve been offered this summer in a package for Garnett before the Celtics got him but because Isiah is a Currysexual, Curry is going nowhere. I would have much rather had signed Tyson Chandler then Eddy Worry. Everyone saying that Marbury turned his back on the team, stfu. Isiah chose the wrong player to bench. Once again, it is Curry and Crawford not showing much interest in playing defense. Marbury must of felt very disrespected when he heard he was going to be benched and rightfully so. I dont believe he made those comments about blackmailing Isiah either, he aint a bitch like that.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Marbury must of felt very disrespected when he heard he was going to be benched and rightfully so.

The whole point of benching him was to make him feel disrespected. However, the hope was that it would motivate him to perfom to his maximum potential to prove everyone wrong. Instead, he started whining like an immature child took his ball and went home because he didn't get his way. That's not what professionals do, it's not what mature adults do, and it's expecially not what team leaders do. That's the complaint.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Once again, it is Curry and Crawford not showing much interest in playing defense.

Sorry, I'm going to have to seriously disagree with that statement. Marbury has been getting his ass killed by every PG he's tried to defend this season. Let the stats be my proof:

Daniel Gibson
Avg ppg - 12.2
Against Marbury - 24 (hasn't had more than 16 pts vs anyone else this season.)

Iverson
(I'll give him a pass on this one for obvious reasons)

Jameer Nelson
Avg ppg - 12.9
Against Marbury - 24

Jason Williams
Avg ppg - 11.6
Against Marbury - 17

Steve Nash
(Marbury Missing)

Sam Cassell
(Didn't start but probably would have gotten his ass whupped.)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The whole point of benching him was to make him feel disrespected. However, the hope was that it would motivate him to perfom to his maximum potential to prove everyone wrong. Instead, he started whining like an immature child took his ball and went home because he didn't get his way. That's not what professionals do, it's not what mature adults do, and it's expecially not what team leaders do. That's the complaint.

I'm sayin if hes gonna get benched you gotta bench Crawford and Curry too. They the worst 2 defenders on the team, it aint close son. Nate Rob is #3.

Sorry, I'm going to have to seriously disagree with that statement. Marbury has been getting his ass killed by every PG he's tried to defend this season. Let the stats be my proof:

Daniel Gibson
Avg ppg - 12.2
Against Marbury - 24 (hasn't had more than 16 pts vs anyone else this season.)

Iverson
(I'll give him a pass on this one for obvious reasons)

Jameer Nelson
Avg ppg - 12.9
Against Marbury - 24

Jason Williams
Avg ppg - 11.6
Against Marbury - 17

Steve Nash
(Marbury Missing)

Sam Cassell
(Didn't start but probably would have gotten his ass whupped.)

For the most part he hasnt looked like last years starbury. Hes still not as bad as Blurry and Crawterd so why didnt they get benched? He looked good last night, I thought he played good defense against Cassell and Mobley. The only guy you listed that really made Marbury look bad was Jameer Nelson but it was Robinson and Crawford that gave up a lot of 3's to Gibson. Nate kept double teaming leavin Gibson open for 3 as seen all last year. I think that fans who watch the team enough know that Marburys gonna pick up his effort on defense but Curry and Crawford probably won't. Isiah even siad that Marbury is fully capable of playing excellent defense and being a leader for this team. Would he say the same about Hurry and Crawnerd?

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I'm sayin if hes gonna get benched you gotta bench Crawford and Curry too. They the worst 2 defenders on the team, it aint close son. Nate Rob is #3.

I can't argue with you about their defensive effort, but like it or not, Marbury is in a different role than they are. He's still sort of seen as the leader of the team because of his age, experience, salary and position at PG. It's the leader that usually gets the heat when things don't go well.

If this team had a real leader and "go to" guy, I think a lot of the heat would come off Marbury and so would most of the complaints. All people would ask of him is to score double digits, get 6-7 assists, and defend well.

Right now people expect him to be the one making the great pass at the end of the game, hitting the critical 3 pointer, getting the big turnover etc... and what they see instead are bricks, turnovers, and flights to NY.

Maybe it all isn't fair, but that's why people are always on him.

nyk_nyk

All Star
For the most part he hasnt looked like last years starbury. Hes still not as bad as Blurry and Crawterd so why didnt they get benched? He looked good last night, I thought he played good defense against Cassell and Mobley. The only guy you listed that really made Marbury look bad was Jameer Nelson but it was Robinson and Crawford that gave up a lot of 3's to Gibson. Nate kept double teaming leavin Gibson open for 3 as seen all last year. I think that fans who watch the team enough know that Marburys gonna pick up his effort on defense but Curry and Crawford probably won't. Isiah even siad that Marbury is fully capable of playing excellent defense and being a leader for this team. Would he say the same about Hurry and Crawnerd?

Curry was also supposed to get benched, but after the whole AWOL incident it really didn't make much sense to make anymore headlines. You are right about Robinson and Crawford giving up 3's to Gibson. They did have their share of defensive miscues.

Curry just doen't seem like he is that interested in being a great defender and Crawford is more of a gambler than a defender. Marbury could pick it up defensively, but will he? If he can, why has he been playing defense at a sub par level thus far? I really hate when players try harder after the fact. Play hard from day 1, game 1 and no one can get on you.

Basically, IT wants Marbury to be a true PG and play better D. Isn't that what all of us want from him, even more than scoring?