Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: SICK of the drama with this franchise!!

  1. #1
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    10

    Default SICK of the drama with this franchise!!

    People its no wonder why we are one of the laughing stocks in the nba.Something bad happens with this franchise every year and it is really getting old and tiresome.If it is'nt something about us going out and overpaying a player that sucks... then its player arguing with a player or player arguing with the coach.If I understood it right then Isiah told the whole team exspecially Marbury,Curry,Crawford that he exspects more from his players and he wants to see it.

    I did'nt hear nothing about Isiah just telling that to Marbury?? So for Marbury to just up and leave like he did is totally uncalled for.Marbury is'nt a team player its always me,me,me and nobody else with him.He thinks he is the only one that can do nothing wrong and its everybody elses fault and im tired of it.Now it just is'nt Marbury that is bringing this New York team down!!! Isiah is to blame for this so called drama as well.He is always making enemys like he did with the Pacers franchise with Larry Bird b/c he fired him.Now he has brung his troubles to NY with his overpaying of players and getting sued by some woman.

    People if we ever want to even think about getting back to our winning ways and become a contender every year like we used to then they're changes that need to happen.Get rid of all the trouble makers,the me,me,me players,and Isiah b/c the guy has done nothing for this team except for bringing the franchise down even more than what it used to be.Get a coach in here that knows what he is doing and acually cares about his players and team.

    Until all of this happens im afraid we as fans will be waiting for a VERY LONG TIME before we will be able to watch a Knicks team that contends for the playoffs EVERY YEAR like the old days.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    People its no wonder why we are one of the laughing stocks in the nba.Something bad happens with this franchise every year and it is really getting old and tiresome.If it is'nt something about us going out and overpaying a player that sucks... then its player arguing with a player or player arguing with the coach.If I understood it right then Isiah told the whole team exspecially Marbury,Curry,Crawford that he exspects more from his players and he wants to see it.

    I did'nt hear nothing about Isiah just telling that to Marbury?? So for Marbury to just up and leave like he did is totally uncalled for.Marbury is'nt a team player its always me,me,me and nobody else with him.He thinks he is the only one that can do nothing wrong and its everybody elses fault and im tired of it.Now it just is'nt Marbury that is bringing this New York team down!!! Isiah is to blame for this so called drama as well.He is always making enemys like he did with the Pacers franchise with Larry Bird b/c he fired him.Now he has brung his troubles to NY with his overpaying of players and getting sued by some woman.

    People if we ever want to even think about getting back to our winning ways and become a contender every year like we used to then they're changes that need to happen.Get rid of all the trouble makers,the me,me,me players,and Isiah b/c the guy has done nothing for this team except for bringing the franchise down even more than what it used to be.Get a coach in here that knows what he is doing and acually cares about his players and team.

    Until all of this happens im afraid we as fans will be waiting for a VERY LONG TIME before we will be able to watch a Knicks team that contends for the playoffs EVERY YEAR like the old days.
    So how is Isiah to blame? He challenged ALL OF HIS TEAM. No exceptions. That is what good coaches do. Good professionals respond. Are you new to the Knicks? New York is the worlds biggest media market. When Isiah brought Marbury here he never saw this transpiring. Did you? Did anyone? Hindsight is 20/20. IT brought him home as a motivational tool. Cleary Marbury would rather sell sneakers than play basketball. So I think he should go do that. Cause right now he's stealing from the Knicks. Not only money, but time.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    whoa whoa whoa.. remember last year when crawford and lee went down. marbs balled out of control and we all thought he had finally changed his game and was at his best. steph definetly cares about the team and will be back out on the court sometime soon. hopefully he gets his rest because i know hes gonna come back ready to ball hard and prove everyone wrong.
    ITS STILL EARLY everyone! no reason that things cant turn around Z-bo is a great help and hopefully curry steps up.

  4. #4
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    So how is Isiah to blame? He challenged ALL OF HIS TEAM. No exceptions. That is what good coaches do. Good professionals respond. Are you new to the Knicks? New York is the worlds biggest media market. When Isiah brought Marbury here he never saw this transpiring. Did you? Did anyone? Hindsight is 20/20. IT brought him home as a motivational tool. Cleary Marbury would rather sell sneakers than play basketball. So I think he should go do that. Cause right now he's stealing from the Knicks. Not only money, but time.

    LOL no I an't new!! I've been a Knick fan since the day Ewing was drafted and im just tired of losing thats all.Im sure you guys are to!! As far as Isiah goes yes I liked how he called everybody out BUT after only five games into the season?? Thats crazy and I don't care if he was a HOF coach you never call your team out after just five games.Yes I know NY is tyhe worlds biggest media market BUT the media did'nt tell him to go out and harrass a woman did they?? Thats what im saying it is'nt all Marbury's fault for getting the Knicks in the news once again b/c Isiah done that in the offseason.I think the knicks should get rid of them both.

  5. #5
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by naterob4
    whoa whoa whoa.. remember last year when crawford and lee went down. marbs balled out of control and we all thought he had finally changed his game and was at his best. steph definetly cares about the team and will be back out on the court sometime soon. hopefully he gets his rest because i know hes gonna come back ready to ball hard and prove everyone wrong.
    ITS STILL EARLY everyone! no reason that things cant turn around Z-bo is a great help and hopefully curry steps up.
    Im sorry but any player that would leave his team during the season and putting them in a bad spot like tonight does'nt deserve to be on the team no more.He might care about the Knicks team but he sure does have a problem showing it.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Marbury quit the Knicks and I think we should quit him. I want Isiah to go to david stern, and find a way to void the remainder of his contract. What he did is a clear cut case of job abandonment. This article from the post was interesting.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #7
    Newbie McManuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Trade Icon Paul in NYK?

    I love marbury's game, but since the last season ends, he looks totally lost with absurd interviews.

    Crawford is inconsistent with his throws, and mardy collins isn't a bad player, but is a bench player. For me only Nate has the potential to become a star PG.

    I can try to get the future best PG in NBA, Chris Paul. A trade with crawford, marbury, and another from Qrich, Rose, Jones, or Collins, from Chris Paul.
    I think this trade would be great for the Knicks.

  8. #8
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ^^^^ LOL and why in the hell would the Hornets make that trade? They're not that stupid.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by McManuman
    I love marbury's game, but since the last season ends, he looks totally lost with absurd interviews.

    Crawford is inconsistent with his throws, and mardy collins isn't a bad player, but is a bench player. For me only Nate has the potential to become a star PG.

    I can try to get the future best PG in NBA, Chris Paul. A trade with crawford, marbury, and another from Qrich, Rose, Jones, or Collins, from Chris Paul.
    I think this trade would be great for the Knicks.

    good idea... maybe we also can trade jerome james+ jefferies for kobe , and then curry and whoever is left for kg...

    we can play 5 against 3...

  10. #10
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    917
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    good idea... maybe we also can trade jerome james+ jefferies for kobe , and then curry and whoever is left for kg...

    we can play 5 against 3...
    Yeah! Or start a broom and a bag of popcorn as center and pointguard. Honestly I think that the whole situation is just as much Isiah's fault as it is Marbury's. They should have moved him during off-season but I guess the front office was too busy with sexual harassment sues.

    Just read what some of you guys wrote about the Knicks team of this year. Remember? Contender in the East.

    Remember how some of you freaked out when the were ranked 10th in the conference?

    Everytime somebody said that the team doesn't look convincing you told them to STFU. I even remember somebody telling me that I should become a Utah fan if I want to see a decent point guard, good defenders and some talented young players with the right attitude. If I weren't a Knicks fan I should be happy how the season has gone this far. But every morning I switch on the computer to have a look how the Knicks have played last night and it spoils my whole day.

    I don't even bother to download the games anymore. Ever since the Layden days the whole organisation is going downhill all the time. But I guess it is just a NY-thing. Only in NY (and possibly LA) can such a mediocre team draw so much media attention and advertisement. They should just bring in some McKinsey dude to clear up the whole mess and start from scratch. Otherwise this is going to go on for ever and ever.

    Also, Dolan should keep his mouth shut and let people decide who have some clue about basketball. He should just be an owner who is happy because competent people make good decisions and earn him loads of money.

  11. #11
    Member LOIOSH30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I've been a Knick fan since the Bernard King years. My father was a life long Knick fan. I not even ashamed to say that I cried when we lost in 94... It makes me sick to my stomach what the Knicks have become, and the saddest part is that I've become so used to it in the last few years, that this most recent disaster has left me with a feeling of numbness. Not outrage, not suprise, or even really disapointment, just numbness. I don't know what else to say....

    I'm getting an ulcher agonizing about this franchise, and for what??? I have plenty of other things in my life worth worrying about and worth devoting my energies to.


    I think I'm done....I think I'll come back in a few years when "Starbury", Isiah, and hopefully Jim Dolan are all gone....

  12. #12
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is a brutal way to start the season. Not what any of us had in mind, to be sure.

    Zach's grandmother dies, he takes the leave. Then Q gets hurt. Then Marbury goes AWOL and Mardy & Balkman get hurt.

    What else could go wrong?

  13. #13
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Larry Brown is loving this.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Yeah! Or start a broom and a bag of popcorn as center and pointguard. Honestly I think that the whole situation is just as much Isiah's fault as it is Marbury's. They should have moved him during off-season but I guess the front office was too busy with sexual harassment sues.

    Just read what some of you guys wrote about the Knicks team of this year. Remember? Contender in the East.

    Remember how some of you freaked out when the were ranked 10th in the conference?

    Everytime somebody said that the team doesn't look convincing you told them to STFU. I even remember somebody telling me that I should become a Utah fan if I want to see a decent point guard, good defenders and some talented young players with the right attitude. If I weren't a Knicks fan I should be happy how the season has gone this far. But every morning I switch on the computer to have a look how the Knicks have played last night and it spoils my whole day.

    I don't even bother to download the games anymore. Ever since the Layden days the whole organisation is going downhill all the time. But I guess it is just a NY-thing. Only in NY (and possibly LA) can such a mediocre team draw so much media attention and advertisement. They should just bring in some McKinsey dude to clear up the whole mess and start from scratch. Otherwise this is going to go on for ever and ever.

    Also, Dolan should keep his mouth shut and let people decide who have some clue about basketball. He should just be an owner who is happy because competent people make good decisions and earn him loads of money.
    That's exactly how I feel. It's like this every year and this is what keeps Isiah as GM because we have Knicks fans who are naive every year to believe that this season will be different. I hope David Stern steps in and forces Dolan to fire Isiah and replace him with a reputable GM like Jerry Colangelo or Kiki Vanderweigh.

  15. #15
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    So how is Isiah to blame? He challenged ALL OF HIS TEAM. No exceptions. That is what good coaches do. Good professionals respond. Are you new to the Knicks? New York is the worlds biggest media market. When Isiah brought Marbury here he never saw this transpiring. Did you? Did anyone? Hindsight is 20/20. IT brought him home as a motivational tool. Cleary Marbury would rather sell sneakers than play basketball. So I think he should go do that. Cause right now he's stealing from the Knicks. Not only money, but time.
    One month ago I would have agreed with you but today... This is a real mess and if Thomas can't clean it up and get this team to the playoffs he should resign. It's really to early to be talking about this but Thomas is proving Larry Brown right. Brown wanted to bench/trade all of the players that Thomas is now singling out. (Curry/Marbury for example) Curry should spend this entire season focusing on defense first and get second chance points. We've got Randolph to do most of the scoring.

    Marbury is a head case. I love the kicks, and his game when he drives to the basket but he isn't and never was the point guard this team needed. Thomas tried to make it work and seemingly it isn't working. So far he's got a D- as a GM. Can he pull his grade up before the end of the season? That remains to be seen.

Similar Threads

  1. Face of Franchise must Feature the Rookies
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2006, 12:36
  2. The Franchise needs a Shake-Up
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2006, 21:23
  3. I'm sick of Allan Houston....I want him gone
    By KnickFan4Life in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2004, 11:59
  4. Sick NBA Photo's
    By keyindabox in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 21:08
  5. TT sick dunk
    By jayp in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2004, 17:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •