Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knicks Vs. Clippers

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Here we go again with the career stats. You need to remember, there is no stat for effort or heart. Those are qualities that are only measured in the eyes of the fans and coaches.

KG has never won just like Steph, BUT we all know which one brings maximum effort and heart every game.

I hope you get my point.

You're blind. Comparing one of the hardest working players in the NBA to Marbury doesn't really prove anything. What is heart exactly to you?

Superstar

The third quarter in which they lost the lead and went down by 9 was not about poor defense, poor coaching it was about poor shot selection. People talking about why crawford was in for so many minutes and the knicks not having a 7-8 assist pg, Please shut up. Crawford played good defense in the clipper game, the knicks in general played good defense. Like I said defense wasn't the reason they lost. Crawford didn't shoot before the 4th quarter and if you guys didn't see the game, let me tell you, Crawford ignited the run which had us come all the way back. As far as 7-8 assist a game.. do you guys know what an assist is? The point guard giving the ball to a player in a position to score, prefably an easy score. If you saw the clipper game, you would have seen that Crawford while he was not shooting was doing this, just as Marbury was doing. Curry, Randolph, Richardson mainly were all given the ball where they like it at multiple times during the game, those guys just didn't hit the shots. Is it the point guards fault? what else do you expect them to do? I remember at least 3 times for curry and 5 times for randolph where they were given the ball with excellent position either in the paint(for curry and Zach) or 10 ft or so(for Zach) and they didn't do anything with it except miss the shot. Pleasse don't tell me thats Marbury and Crawfords fault...

Angry Omg!!!!

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Can anyone explain to me how Crawford gets awarded 41 minutes of playing time?
    i agree with you totally. why all of a sudden is Thomas trying to put all the blame on steph. he has being doing what the coach has asked him to do, besides he is not the only one that has had turnovers in critical times in the game. i think Thomas is putting the blame on steph beacuse he needs a scapegoat and a way to buy himself some time!!!! he knows that the fans and players will turn against steph faster than any other player on the team. i really don't like Thomas, he sits steph on the bench after playing just FIVE GAMES!! i don't understand, steph has been the leading scorer on most teams he has played and now he leads this team in assists but he is still viewed a self-centered person that only cares about himself. i think he is the easy target and NOT the source of this teams problems by any means!!! It makes me mad to see how quickly theTEAM has turned on him!!

Originally Posted by ladyyelloejacket
    i agree with you totally. why all of a sudden is Thomas trying to put all the blame on steph. he has being doing what the coach has asked him to do, besides he is not the only one that has had turnovers in critical times in the game. i think Thomas is putting the blame on steph beacuse he needs a scapegoat and a way to buy himself some time!!!! he knows that the fans and players will turn against steph faster than any other player on the team. i really don't like Thomas, he sits steph on the bench after playing just FIVE GAMES!! i don't understand, steph has been the leading scorer on most teams he has played and now he leads this team in assists but he is still viewed a self-centered person that only cares about himself. i think he is the easy target and NOT the source of this teams problems by any means!!! It makes me mad to see how quickly theTEAM has turned on him!!
    nah its really that stephon is not playing to his potential, he played great against the clippers, he was on attack the mode the whole game, b4 he will let scrubs get career nights off em and he wont do anything about it, a lot of times stephon would have the miss match and wont do anything about it and try to set up the offense

Originally Posted by datruth
    nah its really that stephon is not playing to his potential, he played great against the clippers, he was on attack the mode the whole game, b4 he will let scrubs get career nights off em and he wont do anything about it, a lot of times stephon would have the miss match and wont do anything about it and try to set up the offense

I partially agree with you, with the exception of the Clipper game he hasnt played his hardest but i dont think the letting scrubs have career nights part is all his fault. I pointed out to someone else that in the Cavs game Gibson was torching Nate R and Crawford while Marbury was on the bench. He did an average job against Jason williams, he couldve done better and Jameer Nelson is the one guy who really outplayed Marbury. Iverson got hot early and that was the end of that, it didnt matter what kind of defense anyone played.