Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trades for Marbury.

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default Trades for Marbury.

Since I've been coming up with a lot of trade scenarios for Marbury and have been hearing quite a few as well. I thought it was time to dedicate a post to it.. even if they probably will never occur and he will probably stay with the team.

1: Andre Miller, Kevin Ollie & a resigned Aaron McKie.
    Sending:
    Stephon Marbury & Nate RobinsonBilly King needs some help.. this might be it. Marbury has drawing power and can step in still give them capspace but also contribute.

2: Mike Bibby, Ron Artest & Kenny Thomas
    Sending:
    Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman and Nate Robinson
    Bibby/Artest both expire in 09 like Marbury but so does Malik Rose giving them 7 million more off the books with also two young players they covet.

3. Raef LaFrentz, Darius Miles & Jarrett Jack
    Sending:
    Stephon Marbury & Nate Robinson (or take off Jack completely)
    This gives New York LaFrentz coming off the books still a young pass first guard in Jack and Miles who does good his first year with every team he plays for and a big upgrade at SF. This is a really likely scenario.. because of cap and GM's working ability. Id rather not take it though.

4. Ricky Davis, Jason Williams & Udonis Haslem.
    Sending: Stephon Marbury & David Lee
    I'd rather not do this as I dont really like any talent on that package especially with them all expiring next season. but Miami could use him and with strong personalities in the locker room hed never have a problem. A Curry/Randolph/Davis/Crawford/Williams lineup isnt that bad looking but im not too sure.

The Lakers in a weird way could get involved but highly unlikely, Dallas the same, Boston would take him but after hes waived, theres a few teams that would jump on this opportunity just cap regulations hurts those chances. remember these arent trades as a GM i would do.. but just the most likely scenarios. if i had my way..

Lakers would get Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, David Lee & a 1st rounder. Sacramento would get Vladimir Radmanovic and Renaldo Balkman and the Knicks would get Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest... but thats VERY UNLIKELY.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Trade 2 is the best one out of these.

I like trade number one, we don't lose much and we gain a true point guard at last in A.Miller.

If Philly would do it, I'd be estatic! I'd sooner move Lee, cause Balkman is the defender.

I pick 2 also but I would'nt trade Nate with Marbury to. Kings get Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Renaldo Balkman

Knicks get Mike Bibby, Ron Artest

I don't really want Artest on this team but if it gets Marbury out of town then do it.I would trade Balkman before Lee b/c imo Lee brings more to the table and can be a leader for this team for years to come and he would make this team get better every year..

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Lets keep in mind Marbury is better than all those PG's.

If Artest is in the deal, I would do it; if we trade Crawford also.

Raef LaFrentz, Darius Miles? EWW. Jarret Jack has limited abilities but is a SOLID PG, nothing more. You guys would rip him apart for not being "consistant"

Lurker

Default Who gives his team most trouble without giving contribution to the game?

Who do you think gives his team the most trouble without giving a lot of contribution to the game? I've made a poll about it:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Trading Marbury is very possible. As specially after this season. He's got an expiring contract and 20-40 Million coming off the books (depending on when we trade him) is very appealing to a lot of teams. At the same time I'd like to see that money coming off of our books. But if Marbury is that much of an ass and absolutely must be traded, options 2 and 3 could work.

Option 3 may be more realistic and work in the benefit of both teams, while obviously option 2 would be the best for N.Y. but may be not as realistic.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Watch after 2 years Isiah just kills it and signs Marbury to a 3 year deal 100,000,000 Dollars. I could see that now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by donchris
    Trading Marbury is very possible.
    in feb 09... before then, highly doubtful....

get a fresh supply of towels, and let him sulk at the end of the bench...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by paris401
    in feb 09... before then, highly doubtful....

get a fresh supply of towels, and let him sulk at the end of the bench...
    I was all for Marbury until I read the Team is divided. There are options. Trading a bad contract for a group of bad contracts is possible. Tommy Dee from Real GM suggested signing Gary Payton and Eric Snow at the MLE. That's a thought.

I'd love number Two to happen but we have to get marbury out of the NBA he is a cancer to everyteam he's played on hes garbage sooo what aout the indiviuale stats means nothing without wins he has none when it matters ... honestly i'd trade balkman marbury zach and crawford for Kobe and luke walton

zach cuase hes not reliable and he a black whole never passes the ball we need team work not a dark whole ! atleast curry passes the ball

number 2 is prolly the best cuz we're getting a great point guard in return without giving up david lee, not not mention getting ron artest, who we've been talking about getting for almost a year now...this team neeeeeds defense and artest satisfys that need

a bag of peanuts and a party hosted by the knicks city dancers.