GAME THREAD: Knicks at Kings

metrocard

Legend
I know you hate Crawford you can't base your opinions on people you hate. I give you that Marbury might have had a better.. defensive game, but dont bilittle my opinions, and my methods of posting, you on the other hand have favorites on this team, and you will always stick to those guys even if they were 0-15 from the field, and slacked on the defensive end... You are having a cold YEAR.....

I hate Crawford's game, I could careless about his personality.

Nope, when was Marbury 0-15 from the field?

You're mad corny...lol,

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
yea, 0-15 from the field I think your Marbury is capable of that kinda game...

Thats what I meant you hate Crawfords game, how the hell would you know him personally, unless you were high of those mushrooms, you might have met him before ;) Dont worry you will be back...

nyKnicks126

See when you disagree with people you tend to go offensive.. You dont even know me, you can't make that kinda statement. What you gunna do when they trade Marbs to Portland, you gunna be a Blazers fan then???. Just wondering. cuz it seems you follow Marbury, then the Knicks team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Big Deal! The Knicks LOST to the 3-6 Sacremento Kings!

Isiah Thomas just LOST his Knick Job because of this King-Lost (The Final Straw!).

Well, no more of Isiah Thomas great draft picks, or sorry trades for sorry Players.
Will assistant coach Mark Aquire stay?
Will assistant coach Herb Williams take over as Head Coach?
Or will the Knicks 2007 Summer League Game Coach take over the Head coaching job?

The Mystery Knicks goes up against the WINNING Denver Nuggets today in a Back to Back game where they just lost the first game in a double-overtime late last night.
Hint: Marbury & Crawford equaled only 9 assists together in a double overtime game (is it true that this is their 3rd season together?)...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Hint: Marbury & Crawford equaled only 9 assists together in a double overtime game (is it true that this is their 3rd season together?)...

The Knicks run almost no plays except after a time out. That's a major problem. The offense is random and chaotic. WTF is Isiah teaching them?

Watch other teams. They excute designed plays. Not the Knicks.

Trin_Starr

Starter
wow you guys have to be friggin' nuts to think that Marbury's defence wasn't stellar.
If anyone watched the game, they would have noticed that Marbury DID NOT defend Martin thru the 1st 3 quarters - it was JC, Mardy and Nate - they all got smoked...
When Steph's assignment was Martin in the 4th - he SHUT HIM DOWN - ZERO points in the fourth.... If he had not done that - we would have been blown out by at least 20.

If Isiah wants to be impartial about the Marbury benching - he needs to bench JC and Curry as well - both are beyond HORRIBLE defenders.

Secondly - Marbury did not disappear late in the game - everyone knows that Isiah loves JC to be the finisher. Marbury exerted alot of energy shutting down martin and was content allowing others to do the scoring.

And for the dude who thinks Curry is the focal point of the offense and not to blame - so I guess you think it's okay for a man to score 50 but let his opposing player score 52? - you lose either way.
Curry's inability to get up on brad and his inability to play the pick n roll was the demise of the knicks. Why do you think the Kings ran the pick n roll about 5 times in the last 2 mins of the second OT.... and why do you think isiah took out curry for jefferies...

And then to the ones - who say stephon didn't have a great game because of his stats??? - since when stats show the overall effort of a player - the man played crazy D, intense hustle, picked up full court pressure and made timely drives to the basket and crisp passes for open teammates...

This team will never win shit once Eddy doesn't learn to play some D and JC learns not to jack up shots and try to stop his man once in a while...

Metro heard the quote that stayed in my mind from Kenny - Curry puts up good individual numbers but did not help his team win.
Kenny also pointed out Curry's inability to defend the pick n roll.

So if Isiah wants to play the guys who play D - then he needs to stop being a hypocrite and bench Curry and JC as well.

metrocard

Legend
wow you guys have to be friggin' nuts to think that Marbury's defence wasn't stellar.
If anyone watched the game, they would have noticed that Marbury DID NOT defend Martin thru the 1st 3 quarters - it was JC, Mardy and Nate - they all got smoked...
When Steph's assignment was Martin in the 4th - he SHUT HIM DOWN - ZERO points in the fourth.... If he had not done that - we would have been blown out by at least 20.

If Isiah wants to be impartial about the Marbury benching - he needs to bench JC and Curry as well - both are beyond HORRIBLE defenders.

Secondly - Marbury did not disappear late in the game - everyone knows that Isiah loves JC to be the finisher. Marbury exerted alot of energy shutting down martin and was content allowing others to do the scoring.

And for the dude who thinks Curry is the focal point of the offense and not to blame - so I guess you think it's okay for a man to score 50 but let his opposing player score 52? - you lose either way.
Curry's inability to get up on brad and his inability to play the pick n roll was the demise of the knicks. Why do you think the Kings ran the pick n roll about 5 times in the last 2 mins of the second OT.... and why do you think isiah took out curry for jefferies...

And then to the ones - who say stephon didn't have a great game because of his stats??? - since when stats show the overall effort of a player - the man played crazy D, intense hustle, picked up full court pressure and made timely drives to the basket and crisp passes for open teammates...

This team will never win shit once Eddy doesn't learn to play some D and JC learns not to jack up shots and try to stop his man once in a while...

Metro heard the quote that stayed in my mind from Kenny - Curry puts up good individual numbers but did not help his team win.
Kenny also pointed out Curry's inability to defend the pick n roll.

So if Isiah wants to play the guys who play D - then he needs to stop being a hypocrite and bench Curry and JC as well.

An amazing crsytal clear analysis of the game.

It was a tough game to watch us lose.

I get sick of seeing teams abuse us on the pickroll.

Richardson, Marbury, Robinson, Lee, Jefferies got my love in this game. Even if Curry played bad defense throughout the game, if he would of boxed out Salmons, I would of forget about everything bad Curry did in that game. It was extremely crucial. When I saw Salmons catch that rebound, I just jumped out of my couch and just started shadow boxing out of rage. Only things like this happened to us.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I know. Basics 101.

Crawford 27 shots and made 9.

People say marbury is the cancer, but look at this guy, he missed 18 shots, and a six footer near the end.

Trade Crawford and Curry for a Centre and defender

Richardson can go to for all i care.

marbury
rich
balk
lee
randolph

Another year of under achieving for the knicks 2-6. We should have beaten Sac and Miami.

Nate, Lee, and Marbury all played well. Curry played alright for the most of it, but it was all cancelled out when he missed that rebound

Please share what u r smokin cause it must be the bomb!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury does a great job of gettin around picks. Metro, I agree with you 100%. When Malik, jeffries, Marbury, Q-rich and nate played together they played great team defense, it was fun watching them. Marbury tought me alot. I became a great defender watching him last year. His footwork and ball denial are elite when compared to other point guards. I missed from 4th quarter on cus i had to wake up early for work but I saw crawford missing a lot of shots and gettin burned by kevin martin. Q-rich played good even though he didnt shoot to well, who does when they are being guarded by Artest?

Fuck Bibby and Jason williams

Marbury is a TOP 10 POINT GUARD

metrocard

Legend
please... please don't ever use the word 'elite' and marbury in the same sentence

elite penetrator(no homo)
elite body composition
elite tattoos
elite scoring
elite career stats
elite defense on SG's
elite driving strong to the bask
elite cheap sneakers
elite funny interviews

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

lol if u watched the game u watched the game or any knick games u should no what happened to him don't look at a box score and think u can criticize how people played

ya. I know his grandmother died,

you are mad dumb, How can't I know that his Grandmother died.... I know he is still havin a hard time, but he gotta come back.... There is no more excuses..

Oh, and you must be a Marbury freak... Based on what I said about Marbury you dont like, and you wanna make me look bad... Lol good try.

Last edited:

illmatic

Rookie
friday was her funeral dipshit u made yourself look bad u don't need my help your too blind to see marbury shut kevin martin down in the 4th quarter knicks got back into the game because of this with curry on the bench and when he was in we got burned on the pick and roll cuz of him

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
friday was her funeral dipshit u made yourself look bad u don't need my help your too blind to see marbury shut kevin martin down in the 4th quarter knicks got back into the game because of this with curry on the bench and when he was in we got burned on the pick and roll cuz of him

I only quoted you to let you know I think Illmatic is the greatest album of all time. I wish I got to see that 4th quarter, watching Marbury go to work on defense is a privelage. How many point guards could play the defense on shooting guards that he does? The way he plays defense is very original but effective. Clyde refferred to it last year as "Marbury clinging to his opponent like a cheap suit." I cant wait to watch him tonight (no homo).

nyKnicks126

no dipshit here, watch what you say again.. You must have fantasy's wit Marbury son, you really in to him...It probably cuz he from NY, thats why mostly everyone here is protecting Marbury. I thought it was Thursday...

Plus Marbs gets his 250,000 dollars a game, he at least should put some effort into what he does. Offense wise its easy to get on Kevin, he shoots EFFECTIVE fg % , not contested like most players in NY, so if you put a hand up he won't be nailing the three. :)

Thanks for the brillant explanation dipshit...:aplause:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
elite penetrator(no homo)
elite body composition
elite tattoos
elite scoring
elite career stats
elite defense on SG's
elite driving strong to the bask
elite cheap sneakers
elite funny interviews

elite record for embarassing behavoir
elite record for losing and not winning playoff games
elite record for getting tossed by every team management with a brain
elite record for throwing up bricks and making turnovers in the last few minutes
elite record for making excuses

Look, why is it so difficult for guys to see that stats and athletic ability are not the same thing as winning?

Winning is as much a state of mind as it is about talent. It's about character.

If you want to learn what winning and losing is all about, rent "The Hustler" with George C Scott, Paul Newman, and Jackie Gleason. It's a very good movie in its own right, but the analysis of winning and losing should be required viewing for all professional athletes and everyone on this message board. If it was, no one would be defending Marbury or asking for Artest and we might actually be able to put together a winning team.