I have seen the light...This team sucks

clumsy

Rotation player
I think it's sad day when our point guard who DEFINITELY gives us our best chance to win, who is also only a top 12 PG, (Therefore making him neccesary right now) is also our biggest locker room divider.....And is also the 2nd highest paid player in the NBA. If he had a lower salary this situation could have been deaded sooooo long ago. I don't know how Isiah Sleeps at night

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
Getting what done? It just isn't him pendejo. Orlando is a team led by the best center in the NBA, Dwight Howard, and one of the best shooters in Rashard Lewis, plus a group of guys who can defend and shoot. Nelson isn't a threat as a shooter, and is a liability on defense, nor he isn't a playmaker. Stop overrating him and using his team's success to pump up his individual ability.

He plays 30 minutes a game instead of 35-38 because he has flaws and has had really off nights.

A very average PG Nelson is. Marbury is a good PG in a bad situation. Marbury has been an all star PG for most of his career, where as Nelson is fighting for starter minutes. What has Nelson done that can compare to Marbury? Nothing. 10 games mean nothing compared to years in the NBA. Right now Marbury is in turmoil with the coach, where as Nelson is given a limited role 50 other PG's in the NBA can easily fit in.

He has terrible defense; leading the team in steals doesn't excuse his terrible defense. How many times I myself and others in forum killed that steals agrument? We had some idiot on here who thought Lebron wasn't a good defender or on Wade's level because Wade had more steals and blks. Nelson is the worst I've seen fighting over screens and pick and rolls...dude is just ass, and actually makes Robinson look like a good defender(from my assessment of watching constant Knicks and Magic games.)

Head case is just an insult, you don't have a lot behind that statement, actually nothing except personal hate and ignorance.

Its been 10 games; if you're comparing 10 games to my assessment of over 10 tens, then you gotta be a knuclehead(Charles Barkley quote).

He's solid, average, everything but good.

You think, but you don't know. I've watched Orlando all ten games. The ball is mostly in Dwight's hands in the half court, Turk creates passes and shots. Jameer's role is limited, as is Arroyo's and Dooling's.

Marbury is NOT Crawford, Crawford is a selfish player with no sense of shot selection. Marbury is the opposite.

Have you watch Orlando play 3-4 + games this season? How do you know what Jameer is doing without watching game reviews, the game itself or keeping up?

"Nelson doesn't concern himself with who gets the assist, he just swings it around to whoever."

You're right about that.

"Marbury is a ball dominating PG"

You're extremeley 100% wrong about this, just like the majority of the post your replied with.

If Marbury is a ball dominator, how the hell does Curry and Crawford and Randolph get so much ball possession, turnovers, shot attempts and etc?

Steph had Garnett for a limited number of games. I don't know who the hell is "Garnet" Why does everyone tremble and get weak and start mis-spelling athletes name when they reply to me? I remember duncock and shack last time.

What PG does make guys better, in what way? Do you mean in terms of improving themselves as better athletes or on the court? On the court, Marbury is very unselfish, penetrates and creates for his team when given the chance. He doesn't create like Nash or Kidd, but Marbury does create and help his teammates.

Come back to this thread in 30-40 games and lets see who's the better PG.

why are you defending this trash loser hes a disgrace to this franchise and to NY with off court and off court status hes terrible! I live in brooklyn and everyone here hates him he gave back thats great now go to italy

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
You're right, Marbury isn't the old Marbury anymore. He's still a good PG.

Marbury keeps it real.

Marbury and Garnett are cool. Mabury and Van Horn had great chemistry on the court, same with Thomas.

Malik Rose is a no body and should be off the team ASP.

Marbury has taken the back seat in New York, for an inferior center in Curry, why wouldn't he do the same in Orlando with a superior center in Dwight Howard and wing player in Rashard Lewis?

Marbury even at this age is the superior penatrator, defender and passer over Nelson. Orlando would be blessed to replace Stephon with Nelson.

Marbury hasn't given up on defense, he played solid defense on his first game off the bench for the Knicks, I expect his defense to improve within time.

I can't really disagree with the rest of your post, some real shit I can't deny.

i agree with you but its pointless he sux...

Kiyaman

Legend
You're right, Marbury isn't the old Marbury anymore. He's still a good PG.

Marbury keeps it real.

Marbury and Garnett are cool. Mabury and Van Horn had great chemistry on the court, same with Thomas.

Malik Rose is a no body and should be off the team ASP.

Marbury has taken the back seat in New York, for an inferior center in Curry, why wouldn't he do the same in Orlando with a superior center in Dwight Howard and wing player in Rashard Lewis?

Marbury even at this age is the superior penatrator, defender and passer over Nelson. Orlando would be blessed to replace Stephon with Nelson.

Marbury hasn't given up on defense, he played solid defense on his first game off the bench for the Knicks, I expect his defense to improve within time.

I can't really disagree with the rest of your post, some real shit I can't deny.

Let's keep it real!

Marbury publically broke-up the KG & Starbury Tandem, because he wanted to go Home.

Marbury had his Homeboy Zeke trade KVH, Doleac, and K-Thomas inwhich played great with Starbury Halfcourt tempo.

The Larry Brown Knicks are back.
In the Knicks Home Game vs Golden State Warriors, the Knick players had no effort in their performance to WIN a HOME-GAME. The Knicks gathered 30 Turnovers in that game. Maybe the players did not like the rotation or the coach playbook but it was plain to see that the Knick-Players would rather be in a suit and tie with the performance they gave at MSG.
:boohoo::afro: :boohoo:

portega1968

El Cacique
Tons of talent...

... but no chemistry. Nada puneta.

Yeah, you can say its lack of defense, focus, bla bla bla. But it really boils down to these guys being able to function as a team on the floor.

We have a narcisistic PG who blew the chance to end his hometown's 3-decade-long championship drought. I just dont see chemistry coming from Stephon ever. He's been disliked by teammates everywhere he's been. He should take the And1 Tour to Italy while he's still young and let this team be led by someone who can perform up to standards on both ends of the court.

But we're stuck with the guy. So only way to go is to make his life miserable and hope that will make him finally wake the fuck up.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Being a loyal Knicks fan since 94, I'm honestly starting to get sick and fed up with this franchise. Our players do not compliment each other as well as advertised and hoped (by Isiah at least). It is obvious we lack a true leader on the team and it shows very well on court. The team loses confidence too quick. They have no motivation whatsoever. It was so evident on the Phoenix game. When the deficit reached double digits in the early goings of the 1st quarter, the plays got so sloppy and everyone looked so lazy. Motivation is a major downer for this team. The only time I really saw them compete was in the Denver game. Well it seems the motivation just came from the payback the Knicks wanted. Other than that, there's zero confidence with this team. It appears their confidence and motivation just emerge when they're in the lead, and that happens rarely. It's so disappointing that it has happened so early in the season. It's gonna be a loooooooong season. Losing the last 7 games by an average of almost 13 points?!! What the hell!!! The only good thing i'm seeing is that Chicago and Miami sucks as bad.

jzero29

Rotation player
MArburys just as muchthe problem as crawford and Isiah

This whole team sucks.

Marbury has lost it
Crawford sucks
Q. Rich is washed up
Zach Randolph doesn't pass the ball at all
Curry is lazy
Mardy Collins looks lost
Lee has not impressed me the way I thought he would
Isiah is an awful coach
Isiah is an awful GM
Dolan is a disgraceful owner

The only player that I have been somewhat happy with this year has been Nate (Balkman has only played well in one game)

I've lost all patience and I am sick of the lack of effort and progress. This team is loaded with selfish, one-dimensional players. I was really optimistic before the season started, but now I see the light. Everyone must go. Blow the whole thing up and start over. Let's focus on keeping some of our young guys and get under the cap. I am jealous of Portland. That team is headed in the right direction and is under the cap. They'll probably have a better record than the group of overpaid babies that are on the Knick's roster.
I think marbury has to go, I was a big supporter of marbury this offseason, but now he embarasses himself in the media, black mails the coach for playing time. Will end up staying a Knick, because of the embarassment he could bring to Isiah, Dolan and the Garden if he spills the beans.

If it wasn't for the fact that Marbury can't contstruct a complete sentence or use a keyboard, i'd be positive that Metrocard is infact Marbury. Get off his nuts. This whole team sucks, and will continue to suck for years on years.

Nelson > "Semi" Starbury

Marbury
PPG 13.6
RPG 1.6
APG 5.9
SPG 1.1
BPG 0.0
FG% 0.375
FT% 0.814
3P% 0.364
MPG 34.9

Nelson
PPG 13.8
RPG 4.4
APG 6.5
SPG 1.2
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.445
FT% 0.923
3P% 0.294
MPG 31.1

Also Nelson is 5 years younger, and not a malcotent. And of couse Nelson is the point guard of a 10-2 team and Marbury is the point guard of he joke of the NBA. Check that the joke of professional sports.
I agree! Metro must be Starbury!

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
WOW!! What a revelation!

So what F'ing took so long for everyone to figure this out? However, I'm sure there are a handfull of jackass's out there who will argue this issue with you with meaningless player stats, line up strategies and all of the senseless player acquisitions that Thomas has made and then blame all of the Knicks' problems on Larry Brown.

jzero29

Rotation player
MArbury isn't the only problem

Marbury, isn't the nly problem, I think that guy called starbury contributes to the problems as well. Crawford also blows. Worst back court ever.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Jezz you keep on repeating the same shit over and over again zero.... WE ALL know you hate Crawfords game. The funny thing is you were the one to make a thread. Was I wrong about Jamal Crawford....

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Marbury, isn't the nly problem, I think that guy called starbury contributes to the problems as well. Crawford also blows. Worst back court ever.

Amen.

I've said this before. Marbury and Crawford should never play together. Right now we're stuck with Marbury and I can deal with that because his attitude aside, he's got less bad games than Crawford. This is so simple I don't know why Thomas hasn't done this. Simply bench Crawford, move Q to the two and start Balkman at the three. Problem solved, here come play offs. It's not that Crawford sucks it's that he's not really a starting guard. In my opinion he's never had the skills to be a starter on a good team but he'd be one of the leagues best 6th men. NY would love Crawford as a 6th man.

Marbury
Richardson
Balkman
Randolph
Curry

=
Better defense, better hustle

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Amen.

I've said this before. Marbury and Crawford should never play together. Right now we're stuck with Marbury and I can deal with that because his attitude aside, he's got less bad games than Crawford. This is so simple I don't know why Thomas hasn't done this. Simply bench Crawford, move Q to the two and start Balkman at the three. Problem solved, here come play offs. It's not that Crawford sucks it's that he's not really a starting guard. In my opinion he's never had the skills to be a starter on a good team but he'd be one of the leagues best 6th men. NY would love Crawford as a 6th man.

Marbury
Richardson
Balkman
Randolph
Curry

=
Better defense, better hustle

I'm starting to think you've got the right formula, but I have to mention the dowsides.

QRich is not a serious offensive threat from the outside so far this year. They say it's his elbow. So hopefully things will turn around for him soon. But if you make that move now I think it won't work. Losing Crawford's offense and chemistry with Curry will be too big a loss unless QRich can pick up some of the offensive slack. As much as I love Balkman's energy, effort etc.... he pretty much can't score except on a layup or dunk yet. The mid range and outside jumper aren't there yet. I don't think we can get away with that limitation unless our SG is a serious outside threat.

Maybe we can make this move in a couple of weeks if QRich turns around.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
i don't know why people still continue to talk excessively about marbury and his stats, his weaknesses, his leadership problems, or how the team could be this if he was only like this or that. lets face the truth. bottom line is we will never go far with marbury. naturally of course we get to praise him during the rare times he gets to be close to the complete point guard and leader the team really needs. but that's that. sorry guys but im just so tired of reading tons of stuff on marbury that i got to post this. i mean what's the point? over the years even discounting his time with other teams, we all know what kind of a player he really is.

donchris

Still too early to write any one off completely. 28 pts 6 assists is pretty serious. I'd still like NY to have a traditional pg like Nash or Billips but you've got to give Marbury credit. As long as he makes a defensive afford I can't fault him. Let's see what he does in the next five games.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
what you think of jared staring for crawford

marbury
q-rich
jared jeffries
zach
curry

curry marbury and zach is the offense zurry donw post zach mid range and down post and marbury just taking the ball to the hoop and jared and q rich in d the only problems i see in jared that he is scared of shotting the ball but i know if he lossen up he will be and ok player just something we need because crawford is crazy sometimes wit the ball but it be good to have in the bench to put him in when jared is playing bad o scared

Last edited:

donchris

what you think of jared staring for crawford

marbury
q-rich
jared jeffries
zach
curry

curry marbury and zach is the offense zurry donw post zach mid range and down post and marbury just taking the ball to the hoop and jared and q rich in d the only problems i see in jared that he is scared of shotting the ball but i know if he lossen up he will be and ok player just something we need because crawford is crazy sometimes wit the ball but it be good to have in the bench to put him in when jared is playing bad o scared

I'm one of the few that like Jared's game, his hustle and what not but so far Balkman has displayed better play. If Jared can do a lil more on the offensive side I'd go for it.

jzero29

Rotation player
Jefferies

Thats one of my points with crawford, if he shot less there would be more shots to spread around to players like jefferies, involving more of the team, making them want to hustle. Crawfords one on one game is good, he's got a sick crossover and can beat most players of the dribble, but when he does that the team play goes out the window, he dominates the ball and the offense goes stagnant. I'm not saying he should never do it, just cut down 3-4 shots a game(hopefully 3's), get other players involved. I know you may say it's the point guard job to get other players involved, but if you haven't noticed, jamaal tend to control the ball a lot, Isiah runs the offense through him. I don't agree with it. He's turn over prone, but as mentioned I tend to harp on the same thing all the time, it's just when people defend him and act like what i say doesn't happen or isn't true. I can see crawford being a good supporting member of this team, just not the best or most reliable, even in the 4th. He should be 4th option on team. 5th if q rich wasn't playing so poorly.
But I wouldn't want jefferies to start shooting to much. maybe a shot or two a game more. Just to be more involved.