Desperate Isiah kicks players out of practice

metrocard

Legend
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...unhappy_with_knicks_effort_isiah_thomas_.html

amd_isiahthomas.jpg

A desperate Isiah Thomas kicked his entire team out of practice Monday. The Knicks' embattled coach was unhappy with their work habits.

The move comes on the heels of a six-game losing streak and amid increasing speculation that Thomas is on the verge of being fired. According to a source close to the team, Thomas tossed his players off the court at their practice facility in Greenburgh after he became frustrated with their lack of hustle and focus.

The players eventually returned but not until Thomas had made his point. It is unclear if the assistant coaches ran the workout, but the players were in a somber mood when practice ended.

"It is a three-ring circus," said the source. "It's getting worse."

amd_stephonmarbury.jpg

barkley-2001-04-23-index.jpg

TRBL

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Isiah has lost this team. He needs to go as soon as possible.

The Garden will be ruthless tonight. I expect both Marbury and Isiah to be booed without mercy. They both deserve it. I never root against the Knicks, but if they get blown out again tonight, it will expedite the firing of Isiah, which is a good thing. Then, the next step will be to get rid of Marbury. Once those two are gone, this team can begin heading in the right direction.

paris401

Starter
whether IT goes or not... i dunno... BUT.. if (and thats a big IF) we were able to find someone to take 'towel-head' and his baggage ($42m), the garbage we get in return will set us back another 2-3 years..

our best option mite be to keep him and let his contract expire after next year...

there is no good way out of this mess...

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
They will boo like they always do, and win the knicks win, they'll chear.. the knick players who have been here for awhile know how fickle so called "knick fans" actually are.

jzero29

Rotation player
Thomas has head up own ass, or maybe its marburys ass and thats what has slowed the infamous starbury on defnese.
How can IT retain control of a team, when he went against them and let marbury play? Just because marbury has the coach by the balls. Thats why, he doesn't start but plays starter minutes anyway?

Knicksfan71

Rookie
I doubt Dolan is gonna fire IT anytime soon. It seems he's on some rediculous quest to prove he's smarter than the fans and media. Why else would he give him an extension?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Thomas has head up own ass, or maybe its marburys ass and thats what has slowed the infamous starbury on defnese.
How can IT retain control of a team, when he went against them and let marbury play? Just because marbury has the coach by the balls. Thats why, he doesn't start but plays starter minutes anyway?

Crawford has Isiah by the balls, they suck each other off after games

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This report is not true...

"There was a report the whole team was kicked out of that practice, but Knicks spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz called it an "erroneous report" and Thomas said he hadn't done that since sometime last season."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3120376

Again...don't be mental slaves to the media...the previous posted article said nothing of turmoil so to take that story and run with it is somewhat ignorant. That is why you read the article before posting it...

I dont think Dolan is going to fire Isiah anytime soon, but we still have to have a little patience here. I know the off-court problems are ridiclious and not tolerable at all, but give the team a little time to gel. When we have had a full healthy team out there we have played good, and besides Balkman were healthy now for the most part. Well get a W tonight.

jzero29

Rotation player
it must go! the guy has 9 lives and has burned 12 of them!

I doubt Dolan is gonna fire IT anytime soon. It seems he's on some rediculous quest to prove he's smarter than the fans and media. Why else would he give him an extension?
and the experts. Your 100% right. Dolan is waiting for that moment when the knicks turn it around, and he's not paying attention to the fact that IT is a disaster of a Coach. Can't say he's as bad as a GM, but he's not good either.
Crawford has Isiah by the balls, they suck each other off after games
Your right. Crawford owns Isiah. WHy the man continualy feeds that nightmare of a shoooting guard, i'll never know The focus of the offense should not be crawford by a long shot! But he leads knicks in shot attempt and Isiah keeps letting him run the show. I was merely saying he had his head up somewhere and was wondering if thats why Marbury can't play d anymore, due to Isiah sticking his head where it doesn't belong.