Marbury Regains Starting Job

metrocard

Legend
Marbury Regains Starting Job
November 20, 2007 - 12:48 pm
New York Daily News -
Stephon Marbury has regained his starting job, Isiah Thomas announced Tuesday, one week after Marbury went AWOL after learning he was going to be a backup.

Marbury had come off the bench in the Knicks' previous three games and Thomas felt he had played well enough to warrant being a starter again.

Marbury, however, is still upset about the demotion and when asked about the entire episode, said, "To be honest, not a whole lot of good has come out of this."

Thomas was taken aback when told of Marbury's comments.

Hahahah, Isiah.

Knicksfan71

Rookie
Oh man, Is Starbury getting booed tonight. I'll be at the game and can't wait to see the fans reactions when he is called. I do love the way the announcer runs through IT name real fast so thet the fans can't boo.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiah finally figured out thats the only way to win. He changed his mind, he want to keep his job again so he can keep gettin his ass licked by Crawford after every game. Thats why Marbury got his starting job back.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Isiah finally figured out thats the only way to win. He changed his mind, he want to keep his job again so he can keep gettin his ass licked by Crawford after every game. Thats why Marbury got his starting job back.

Marbury has played for the Knicks for about six years right?? Have we ever won anything with him as our starting point guard.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
David Lee Is #1 U Acting As If Basketball Is A One Man's Sport, I Thought U Guys Said Basketball Is A Team's Sport There For Ur Question About Whether The New York Knicks Win With Marbury Is Very Useless. When Maarbury Is In The Game, He Gives The New York Knicks A Good Chance Of Winning Games But Then It Comes Down To The Other 4 Guys Out There With Him Cos He Can't Do All By Himself. Whenever Marbury Is In The Game, The Offense Seems Pretty Much Working Whiles Whenever He Comes Out Of The Game, The Knicks Look Out Of Syn And U See Guys Like Jamal And Nate Going One On One Which Led To Either Turnovers Or Violation Of Palming Or Carrying The Ball. So Don't Criticize Steph For The Knicks Failure, All Players That Isiah Brought To New York Are All Accountable Cos One Man Cannot Beat A Team. Thats Why Its Called Team Sports.

pat

Starter
Can the Knicks actually sign Marbury to the D-League? That would be hilarious and the first clever move the Knicks ever made since the time BEFORE trading for him.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
If anyone sees how explosive marbury still is and how effective he can break down a defense...you haters would be mute. But again...I hear the kleenex stock is going up again...lol

amilion

Benchwarmer
I lived in Florida where I couldn't watch any Knick games unless they played the heat. I used to come on this site before and after every game just to get you guys intake on the game and now this girl is finally seeing what you guys were talking about. I'm watching the game and granted I started watching in the 2nd quarter but Steph seems to be the only one actually doing something. He's being aggressive (maybe he felt like he had something to prove after the Garden booed him) lol. There could be others playing well but not in the 2nd quarter. Anyway, I heard the crowd chanting "Fire Isiah"! If there is one thing about Knick fans that I love, it's that we keep it real and don't care who is around!! LOL.

I think this team is missing that passion, that fire, and desire to win. The desire we had in the 90's. Sometimes it looks like they don't want to be there. They let any and everyone drive right down the middle of the lane and LAY the ball in. I just don't get it. I get so confused watching them. It's like they have no idea what they are doing sometimes. This can't be the way this franchise ends up; not the New York Knicks. I just don't know anymore. Guys this makes me sad and depressed.