Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your candidates for new coach/gm here

Default Post your candidates for new coach/gm here

This hasn't really been discussed yet. Look at the Knicks schedule, and then come back to this thread....

Back yet?

Brutal isn't it? Realistically, this team can be 3-14 before Xmas. I don't think even Dolan would be able to accept that. (Especially given the fact he hasn't publicly commented on Thomas since he gave him that bone headed extension last year. Knicks are 6-22 since Dolan said this team will not lose sight of winning games lol)

I think the time is right to start thinking about who the next coach and GM should be. Dolan would not give the new GM full autonomy, like Omar Minaya has with Mets or Pat Riley has with Heat, so already the new GM has a major stirke against him by having to concede to Dolan.

For Coach, I want Greg Anthony. I know he has zero experience, but so did every other coach before getting their first job.

For GM, I just don't know who is available that would want to do their job knowing Dolan's hands are all over his work. Maybe Doug Collins is worth a shot.

Either way, can someone here list the available coaches and GMs that are looking for work? I'm having trouble finding this info

btw Jeff Van Gundy, Rudy Tomjonavich, Ric Carsile, Mike Fratelo are the only names I can think of as coaches that are available.

As long as the GM has to be Dolan's bitch, the Knicks will suck. I want West, Colangelo, or Kiki and I'll trust them to make the coaching decision but of course that won't happen for the above reason.

I would want either Kiki or Colaneglo as GM and Rudy T as coach. Or maybe give a young college coach a shot.

Veteran

metro and dr carpy... let em fight it out who is gm and coach....

John Thompson...a no non-sense coach will choke slam any player out of line and will also facilitate the growth of Curry and Randolph. Its a long shot and it probably won't happen but a man can dream right?

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    John Thompson...a no non-sense coach will choke slam any player out of line and will also facilitate the growth of Curry and Randolph. Its a long shot and it probably won't happen but a man can dream right?
    CO-SIGHN! I've said it since the day Van Gundy left that we should give the job to John Thompson. I think he'll get Curry to play like a NBA center should, he and Herb I think would make a good team.

I like Kiki as the GM just because he is a former Knick. We are the only team in the league that never hire or own former players for significant roles. But the problem is who the hell wants to work for Dolan?

Superstar

Who would want this Job right now at least at the GM Level. We have a mess of untradeable contracts, players that were expected to do so much more than they actually produce. There really aren't any moves a GM could make if we want to keep the players that the majority of us think are going to be good players one day

As a coach we have options.

Superstar

the only thing we have going for us is that Isiah will most likely never work in the NBA again....Although we want him GM'in some other team

Kiki for gm and Van Gundy as head coach.

Nyk Logo

JEFF VAN GUNDY!!! i would love to have him back as head coach **** if u think about it van gundy left... and ever since then we suck. and for gm just grab some random knick fan it'll be an improvement **** ill take the job

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by paris401
    metro and dr carpy... let em fight it out who is gm and coach....
    I just finished sparring today too, my left hook feels mad powerful, and I added super quickness to my 1-2. I'm clearly the favorite to murder the old man.

Veteran

Id like Kiki as GM besides for the fact ppl dont acknowledge he made a bad decision in Kenyon Martin. but not something that he was at total fault for.

Id put Kiki in office and Van Gundy back on the side lines. theyd make the right trades necessary and would have this team whipped into shape. as painful as the process would be. it has to be done.

Donnie Walsh or Jerry West as GM, Rick Carlisle as coach

I would not want Jeff Van Gundy as coach. He's too defensive minded and not enough offensive. Look at what he did with the Rockets. Then again, maybe Jeff Van Gundy would be a good starter coach and then when the team gets good defensively, replace him with a better offensive coach.