Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Thanks Giving Eve another Lost

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo Thanks Giving Eve another Lost

    Happy Thanks Giving Everyone! enjoy friends and Family on this Giving-Day.

    The Knicks played 11 games so far this season, they gathered 9 loses with 8 straight-loses giving the Knicks a 2-9 start this 2007-8 regular season.
    I guess we are the TURKEY of the NBA.

    How long will it take this Knick Team to become a .500 Team with a 2-9 start?

    Thanks Giving Eve the Knicks lost the game to the Detroit Pistons in the first quarter 36-23 (Poor Start!).

    Game thread from another Forum:

    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by msg33
    They made the starters seem like they weren't really trying for they were getting results from the hustle
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    The Knicks lost this game in the First-Quarter (36-23) and Third-Quarter (23-16). The Knicks 5-Starters are unsure of their ROLE on this team. They are not equipped with a first-half role & second-half role, both playbook roles are the same poor one on one halfcourt offense with little or no defense.
    The Detroit Pistons 5-Starters are in the Top-5 co-existing Starters in the NBA.


    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Randolph is a ****ing fat piece of clueless ****.

    the guy is not that good, what a ****ing idiot. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Zach Randolph should have not been a Starter on any of the early regular season games for the Knicks this season. Preseason yes, Zach Randolph chemistry with Curry & Marbury has been to poor for him to be put in the Starting-Lineup alongside of them (The three Players should have put in some heavy workouts together before Training-Camp started this offseason for Zach to be a Knick-Starter.).
    The Knicks 2nd-Unit needed a consistent scorer inwhich PF-Zach Randolph would have been the missing scoring piece to the 2nd unit, with hustling rebounding PF-David Lee being put in the Starting Lineup covering for Curry on the glass (the two do co-exist).
    Both David Lee & Zach Randolph should have been averaging at least 32 MPG since the start of the regular season with PF-Lee as a Starter and PF-Zach as the 6th-Man off the bench. If things would've worked out well by Midseason Zach could've made his presence as a Knick Starter.


    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">2nd unit with good energy, they are hustling at least.
    lovely pass Nate to Lee. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    The Nate, Balkman, and Lee lineup should've been the 4th-Quarter Starters every game this season, because of the TRI-Chemistry they created together as energy players that has learned to adapt to differ oponents (Plus they are the best come from behind lineup on this Knick Team with the addition of a scorer player added with them.). Depending on the Knick-Oposition and how well they played in the first three quarters this Knick roster have a great option of players to select the next two offensive-players to go alongside of the "Tri-Chemistry-Hustlers" to start the 4th Quarter from Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, Curry, or some defensive prowness from Collins, Malik, Jones, and ready for playingtime Rookie Chandler & Morris. It's not much but it is a 2nd half "PLAN" that could've been utilized with consistency.

    The Knicks-Rotation of Players in the 2007-8 Regular Season has been a very poor selection of lineups and substitutions that has not implimented a team-defense on oponents, especially if you watched the Knicks Last-Season they had a couple of co-existing Knick lineups that did play decent at both ends of the court together inwhich should have been built on before this season to have a better defensive/offensive lineup that will keep this team close in each game.

    The Knicks have been playing LOST-BALL this entire season and has become the Number-One (#1) worst NBA team in the League...

    Respond if you agree or disagree?
    Happy Thanks Giving! I have to go cut some onions and Garlic.
    Seeya

  2. #2
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    The only players that I thought were decent were Curry and Randolph. Crawford started off with a couple of nice shots but I saw absolutely no defense the entire game. The game started to improve when the back ups came in. (Lee, Robinson, Jeffries) then Nate got owned by Prince when Prince blocked his shot.

    You got to get off of Lee's nuts man. He's a solid role player not Larry Bird or Michael Jordan. The bottom line is Thomas put a bad team together that refuses to hustle or play defense. There was zero afford. Marbury is a poor excuse for a point guard. He'd rather shoot than make plays and he doesn't even try to cover it up. Watch closely, as soon as he gets to the perimeter he's looking for his shot. If the lane's not open then he'll pass off. Thomas is screwed. He can't start making trades because that will be an admission that he picked bad players. Some one suggested this before but the best thing he can do at this point is start the back ups (not Lee). Marbury simply should not get playing time over 20 minutes. He says we can't win without him. Well, we're not winning with him so what's the difference? Give Collins on the job training. Playing Collins can't be any worse than how they are playing now.

  3. #3
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I would have a lot more respect for Isiah(witch still wouldn't be much) if he had started off the third quater with the line-up of M.Rose,D.Lee,J.Jeffries,F.Jones and N.Robbinson this was the line-up that showed us some Heart and Defence and got us back into the game when the starters totaly lost the game by the late first quater. Curry played better with the second unit then Zack and Curry and Lee mesh a lot better on the court then Zack and Lee. Zack really needs to learn how to pass out of the double,tripple and quadruple teams! Curry at least gives up the ball from time to time.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Kiya I agree 100&#37; with you. Zach Randolph absolutely pissed me off last night. I just feel like he forces 70% of what he does. Trying to score on a double even triple team. Everytime he forced it, he either lost the handle or got ripped by chauncey. He made a stupid play in the 4th qtr when the knicks got the ball down by 11 and could have cut it to 9 or even 8 but he decided he was going to play point guard (1 on 3) when marbury was right there. I don't get it. Isiah is too soft on them because i would have yanked him then and there. He has got to learn to pass out of the double team.

    One thing I want to say is I am very upset and mad at this team for their losses. I believe they could have won some of those games. They even could have won last night. But the main reason why i'm upset is because they play with no heart. It's almost like they want to lose. Either that or they just don't care. Kiya, I agree there is just something about our starting line up that just reaks depression. They are unsure of their roles. When the 2nd unit came in last night, they played with so much intensity and heart. It all starts on the defensive end. If you play defense right, the offense will come. Thats why there is such a thing called points off of turnovers. The 2nd unit cut it to 1 and then marbury came back in (he did alright) and then the rest of the starters began to check back in and what happened? Down by 10 at the half. I think Lee should have came into the game for Curry in the beginning when McDyess was shooting j's like there was no tomorrow. Lee would have had the speed to defend him out there so that McDyess couldn't drive past him. Isiah is terrible with his decision making. (his substitutions). Once in a while he'll find something that works and when we get close, he takes them out and puts in the same starters who began losing the game for us.
    Another thing, does Isiah even call plays? Well, i mean, i see him call plays but do we even run them? It's like i see the same plays called over and over again. Helloooo!!! They're not working!! Time to hit the drawing board IT!! Sorry, I just had to vent. I had to turn off the last two games in the 4th just to keep from throwing up.

  5. #5
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    doncris I disagree with Curry being decent last night. he only grabbed 3 rebounds and although he had 26 points he failed to do it when we needed him to keep the game close in the 3rd quarter.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,669
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    u want more boards from curry????

    hang a few burger-king whoppers from it... watch him sky....

  7. #7
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    HA! Thats true..

    And Happy Thanksgiving all!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by donchris
    The only players that I thought were decent were Curry and Randolph. Crawford started off with a couple of nice shots but I saw absolutely no defense the entire game. The game started to improve when the back ups came in. (Lee, Robinson, Jeffries) then Nate got owned by Prince when Prince blocked his shot.

    You got to get off of Lee's nuts man. He's a solid role player not Larry Bird or Michael Jordan. The bottom line is Thomas put a bad team together that refuses to hustle or play defense. There was zero afford. Marbury is a poor excuse for a point guard. He'd rather shoot than make plays and he doesn't even try to cover it up. Watch closely, as soon as he gets to the perimeter he's looking for his shot. If the lane's not open then he'll pass off. Thomas is screwed. He can't start making trades because that will be an admission that he picked bad players. Some one suggested this before but the best thing he can do at this point is start the back ups (not Lee). Marbury simply should not get playing time over 20 minutes. He says we can't win without him. Well, we're not winning with him so what's the difference? Give Collins on the job training. Playing Collins can't be any worse than how they are playing now.

    I call it as I see it.
    David Lee has the BEST co-existing chemistry with Marbury & Curry on this roster for the last 3 seasons.
    Marbury & Curry has been the only players on this Roster that started every game that they played as a Knick, untill this plane incident.
    So if PG-Marbury & C-Curry are always going to be STARTERS on this team then you want a SG, SF, and PF that compliments their performance.
    So far on this Knick roster we have a complimentary PF in David Lee.
    Do Zach Randolph co-exist better than David Lee with Marb & Curry?

    The sameway I did not believe that Marbury mental compacity after his tour with the Nets should be any NBA teams Starting PG, but Knick-Fans said his big money contract makes him a Starter, well after a 33, 23, and another 33 season do you still think Marbury is a Starting PG in the NBA?

    Knick-Fans refuse to look at the most important thing about Zach Randolph and the Portland Trailblazers.
    Portland got the First Pick of the 2007 Draft, and everybody (and their Mama) knew who was going to be the first pick of that draft "C-Oden".
    Why would Portland trade a 20/10 PF in Zach Randolph a hour before the draft? and what did Portland do with the players they got in the trade for Zach Randolph? which was mainly Steve Francis contract (The buyout for $30 million sent signals).
    That was a "BIG expensive SIGNAL" for Knick-Fans about Zach Randolph.
    When Zach Randolph did not show up to the Knicks Assistant Coach Mark Aquire Big-Man Camp this offseason that was another clear signal that implimented that Zach should have to come off the bench to earn STARTERSHIP on this Knick-Team.
    As a wise coach would have looked for every reason in the book to have Zach Randolph come off the Bench at the start of the season to give the main 2nd-unit players "Nate, Collins, and Balkman," a go to man for scoring and Rebounding. Especially after last season injury to PF-David Lee and how it really hurt this Knick Team chances of making the playoffs when "Frye & Jefferies" could not compliment Curry in the frontcourt to give Crawford and Marbury more room on the peremeter to take some open 3's to keep the game close to the end with the hustling rebounds that David Lee represented to this team.

    When Balkman gets healthy and start playing like the "TAZMAN" again this season, I will be on his Nut-Sack too next season if Q.Rich or Jefferies is put in the Starting Lineup instead of Balkman.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by amilion
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Kiya I agree 100% with you. Zach Randolph absolutely pissed me off last night. I just feel like he forces 70% of what he does. Trying to score on a double even triple team. Everytime he forced it, he either lost the handle or got ripped by chauncey. He made a stupid play in the 4th qtr when the knicks got the ball down by 11 and could have cut it to 9 or even 8 but he decided he was going to play point guard (1 on 3) when marbury was right there. I don't get it. Isiah is too soft on them because i would have yanked him then and there. He has got to learn to pass out of the double team.

    One thing I want to say is I am very upset and mad at this team for their losses. I believe they could have won some of those games. They even could have won last night. But the main reason why i'm upset is because they play with no heart. It's almost like they want to lose. Either that or they just don't care. Kiya, I agree there is just something about our starting line up that just reaks depression. They are unsure of their roles. When the 2nd unit came in last night, they played with so much intensity and heart. It all starts on the defensive end. If you play defense right, the offense will come. Thats why there is such a thing called points off of turnovers. The 2nd unit cut it to 1 and then marbury came back in (he did alright) and then the rest of the starters began to check back in and what happened? Down by 10 at the half. I think Lee should have came into the game for Curry in the beginning when McDyess was shooting j's like there was no tomorrow. Lee would have had the speed to defend him out there so that McDyess couldn't drive past him. Isiah is terrible with his decision making. (his substitutions). Once in a while he'll find something that works and when we get close, he takes them out and puts in the same starters who began losing the game for us.
    Another thing, does Isiah even call plays? Well, i mean, i see him call plays but do we even run them? It's like i see the same plays called over and over again. Helloooo!!! They're not working!! Time to hit the drawing board IT!! Sorry, I just had to vent. I had to turn off the last two games in the 4th just to keep from throwing up.
    Thanks Amilion,

    Wow! Happy Thanks Giving to everyone.

    Thanks Giving was a Happy day in my Household,
    between my Wife Family, My Crazy Family, and alot of Friends dropping by, we had so much (belly) laughter that was missed all year long that we all had to "Give-Thanks" for this Day of togetherness.
    Damn we got down on the surface of having such a great-time together untill the late hours of the night. It was an all-out every age PARTY going on!

    Hopefully, all the Knick-Players watched that Dallas & Jets game on Thanks Giving with family and friends to see & hear the replica of disatisfied watchers of a POOR Jets Team that got an embarrased whipping from the Dallas Cowboys whom just walked all over the Jets without breaking a sweat 21-3.
    The Knicks had a mirror image of themselves in receiving an ass-whipping on live television on Thanks Giving...

  10. #10
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I call it as I see it.
    David Lee has the BEST co-existing chemistry with Marbury & Curry on this roster for the last 3 seasons.
    Marbury & Curry has been the only players on this Roster that started every game that they played as a Knick, untill this plane incident.
    So if PG-Marbury & C-Curry are always going to be STARTERS on this team then you want a SG, SF, and PF that compliments their performance.
    So far on this Knick roster we have a complimentary PF in David Lee.
    Do Zach Randolph co-exist better than David Lee with Marb & Curry?

    The sameway I did not believe that Marbury mental compacity after his tour with the Nets should be any NBA teams Starting PG, but Knick-Fans said his big money contract makes him a Starter, well after a 33, 23, and another 33 season do you still think Marbury is a Starting PG in the NBA?

    Knick-Fans refuse to look at the most important thing about Zach Randolph and the Portland Trailblazers.
    Portland got the First Pick of the 2007 Draft, and everybody (and their Mama) knew who was going to be the first pick of that draft "C-Oden".
    Why would Portland trade a 20/10 PF in Zach Randolph a hour before the draft? and what did Portland do with the players they got in the trade for Zach Randolph? which was mainly Steve Francis contract (The buyout for $30 million sent signals).
    That was a "BIG expensive SIGNAL" for Knick-Fans about Zach Randolph.
    When Zach Randolph did not show up to the Knicks Assistant Coach Mark Aquire Big-Man Camp this offseason that was another clear signal that implimented that Zach should have to come off the bench to earn STARTERSHIP on this Knick-Team.
    As a wise coach would have looked for every reason in the book to have Zach Randolph come off the Bench at the start of the season to give the main 2nd-unit players "Nate, Collins, and Balkman," a go to man for scoring and Rebounding. Especially after last season injury to PF-David Lee and how it really hurt this Knick Team chances of making the playoffs when "Frye & Jefferies" could not compliment Curry in the frontcourt to give Crawford and Marbury more room on the peremeter to take some open 3's to keep the game close to the end with the hustling rebounds that David Lee represented to this team.

    When Balkman gets healthy and start playing like the "TAZMAN" again this season, I will be on his Nut-Sack too next season if Q.Rich or Jefferies is put in the Starting Lineup instead of Balkman.
    Portland didn't trade Zach because of his work ethic or ability. They traded him based on issues that he had outside of the NBA, which was in my opinion not well thought considering their star rookie is out for the season and looked ****ty before he was injured. Every one has off games but so far Randolph has been the most consistent out of the group of lackies.

    Some things we are going to have to agree to disagree on. David Lee is a good player. May be one day he will be a great player but today his defense is just as suspect as every one and right now he as well as every one on this team is expendable. Curry is awol on defense but he can score and who else is out there?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,669
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    David Lee defense is just as suspect as every one and right now he as well as every one on this team is expendable. ?
    i agree...iagree...iagree

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Portland didn't trade Zach because of his work ethic or ability. They traded him based on issues that he had outside of the NBA, which was in my opinion not well thought considering their star rookie is out for the season and looked ****ty before he was injured. Every one has off games but so far Randolph has been the most consistent out of the group of lackies.

    Some things we are going to have to agree to disagree on. David Lee is a good player. May be one day he will be a great player but today his defense is just as suspect as every one and right now he as well as every one on this team is expendable. Curry is awol on defense but he can score and who else is out there?
    David Lee is a poor One on One defender, but on "Help-Defense" he is great at that by making Knick opositions commit turnovers. You dont get that out of "flat-footed" Zach or Curry whom should at least get a blockshot per game to show some defensive effort.

    The main point still remains unaswered:
    Do Zach co-exist with Eddy & Marbury as well as Lee does???

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Oh yeah, Portland bought Zach Randolph Out for $30 million bucks!
    For decades in any sport where players have off-court problems they trade him to another State to redeem himself, and they get back close to equal in return on a trade.
    Accept for the Wife beating Jason Kidd and Marbury trade, the Nets got over like a fat rat in a cheese factory on 1000 to 1 odds (Team-Leader to Selfish-Leader).

Similar Threads

  1. Early Mourning Blast after Lost
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 12, 2007, 08:11
  2. Opinions on 101-61 Lost
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2007, 08:13
  3. it isn't easy giving up something?
    By support11 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2005, 20:04
  4. OMG US lost to Puerto Rico
    By newmove in forum NBA
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2004, 14:07
  5. Lost Passwords
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 17, 2003, 08:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •