Its time for Chaney to go

Dragan

Rookie
Chaney is the most unsecsesfull coach in Knicks history. When he took over the team, Knicks were a playoff team and thay didnt come close to the playoffs since. And his lack of sucsess in NY is not a fluke. He was very unsucsesfull in his previous head coaching jobs.

He got the worst record in the league with the Clippers. Wan total of 2 playoff games in his 4 seasons with Houston witch wan the championship right after thay fired him. And finaly, he made Pistons one of the worst teams in the league and once thay fired him thay alsaw thurned the corner and became respected playoff team.

Knicks are now on 4 game loosing streak and I look for Thoman to get rid of Chaney soon and ether take over the team by him self or apoint Brandon Malone new head coach. Hopefully right after tonights game. I think that, along with the trade would be the thurning point.

:afro:

Mondo

Benchwarmer
I say give him a month, if the knicks don't get their team chemistry back, then he can go.

Dragan

Rookie
Yeah, I would like to see Thomas take over as well, but he is, or atleast considers him self big name coach, and big name coaches dont take over midway threw the season. It would be more realistic for him to apoint Brandon Malone untill the end of the season.

First of all, I dont think you people realise how good of a coach Malone is. He is a New Yorker who realy knowes the game. He was on Chuck Daily staff that wan back to back championships while Thomas played for the Pistons. His influence on Isiah as a player was sutch that Isiah apointed him Raptors first ever coach while he was GM in Toronto. Later on when he took over as coach in Indiana, Malone quit the Knicks to join him as his top assistent. People who know think that if he was still on Van Gundy staff when he quit that he would be apointed and not Chaney. His only head coaching job was a sucsess while Chaney was unsecsesfull in all 4 of his coaching jobs. He is so influentule thay had to give his son place on the staff in order for him to acept place on the staff.

And as far as giving Chaney more time is consearned, he was in charge for 182 games during witch he lost 40 more games that he wan. Can you remember the last Knicks coach that was in charge long enough to lose 40 more games that he wan ? Knicks are imberecing tham selves and the city. Its about time for Thomas to pull the plug on Chaney. If he doesent, we will be in danger of loosing all of the good emotions we have from sighing Marbury and we will risk to have him unhappy. And we remember what happend when he was unhappy in NJ.

Make the call Isiah. This is the perfect time for it. 4 streith loses. Crowd was chanting fire Chaney from midway threw the 1 st quater. Things started happening once we got rid of Layden. But for tham to keep happening we nead to get rid of Chaney as well.

SpreeFan

Benchwarmer
with 5.27 mins untill the end of first quarter the rockets were leading 23-2??? damn, this must be one of the worst games in the franchise history. chaney HAS to quit, sure thomas can't be worse than don, but i would love to see the big fella taking over. and if that's not possible, i think we all agree with rivers

we have one of the best lineups in the east and it's to bad we can't take advantage of it

Bruno

Benchwarmer
What a bad game for Knicks , they losing by 31 points , right ? I read that wait one more week for see but i thing this is the correct moment because the team are in constrution , the players are new and they cant play like a team in 2 days. for the knicks start wining they need playing like a team and if you want to wait and then when they starting playing like a team is that the corect moment for replace other coach in this team ?I dont thing so .

Dragan

Rookie
Big Fella ? No way. I dont think he will make a good coach. I would like to bring him back as assistent though. If we are looking for ex player to take over, we have to be thinking Mark Jackson or maybe even Rivers. But as I sead, its gonna be ther Thomas or Malone.

If you look at this 4 game loosing streek, all 4 games were very winnebale. Bulls and Nets at home. Cavs away and finaly Rockets at home. Sure we have 2 new guys in our rotation, but how hard could it be ? Both Marbury and Hardaway are veterans.

If we have a new coach takeing over, I would like him to have a chance for a winning start. Next game is home Vs Milwaukee and thats a very winnebale game. Mutch more winnebale than the next one Vs the Mavs in MSG. So I guess that if we didnt fire Chaney now, we wont fire him after eventual Bucks loss. But if we lose both Bucks and Mavs game his arse is gone with new coach geting a chance for a winning start with home games Vs Magic and Sonics coming up.

e_D

Benchwarmer
yes, it is time for chaney to go. I feel bad for the guy and the heat he's takin from the fans but, his record speaks for itself. however, Isiah calling the shots on court wouldnt be a good idea if he keeps the title of president. unless he hires a GM and either relinquishes his title, or plays the part of a figure head. president and head coach are both demanding jobs, and it would drain isiah and possibly the team for him to play both roles. in the meantime, isiah should replace chaney with malone until next season, and go after someone better.

Dragan

Rookie
Why do you feel bad for Chaney ? I can not believe that someone so bad got NBA head coaching job 4 times failing big all 4 of tham. On the other hand, Malone did a great job as the assistent, had a very sucsesfull season as Raptors head coach but never had a chance to coach a decent team. I think he deserves a shot here. And he deserves it as soon as posibale so that we can reavaluate if he should start the next season as coach or not. Besides, having lost 22 games alrady, we are running out of time if we are going to thurn things over and make the playoffs.

I think that that Houston game was a perfect chance to get rid of Chaney. And it looks like Isiah wasted that chance.

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
you're right, the rockets loss was the perfect moment to fire him, instead isiah rathers to wait for another disaster like this to happen before dump him

what's even dumber is that chaney really believes the knicks can be a 8th seed team. wow how stupid can he get! and let's hypothetical say he manage to make from NY a playoff team. what happens then? we get sweep by the pacers? no thanks, i don't need that. if we make the playoffs, we should finish at least 6th or higher.

As things go right now, i say it's kinda impossible

Dragan

Rookie
I would be happy to seattle for the 8 th sead after what we have bean threw last two seasons and especialy considering our current record. And I think that even Chaney, as bad as he is could still take us there. But we should have used this oprutunity to upgrade the team ( by fiering Chaney ). What happends if we beat the Bucks ( who happend to be playing 2 nd of back to back ) today ? Chaney is out of the woods and we nead to weit for another 4 game loosing streek that will get us eliminated from the playoff race. So this was the perfect time.

Unless.....Thomas is not done dealing and wont apoint new coach untill he sets his new rooster. If so, its understandebale to keep Chaney around while players are coming and going and roster is not set.

allan20

Benchwarmer
Don Chaney is running out of chances, but not hope. The embattled Knicks head coach vowed yesterday that if Isiah Thomas gives him a reprieve, he will reward the organization with a playoff berth.
"I think if I have a chance to finish with this team we'll be in the playoffs," Chaney said. "It would be very disappointing if I'm not here to share that."
Chaney's job is in jeopardy again after Thursday's embarrassing 111-79 loss to the Houston Rockets. The Knicks fell behind 23-2 in Stephon Marbury's Madison Square Garden debut as a Knick and never threatened. "Fire Chaney" chants, which have been heard several times this season, reverberated inside the building as the Knicks were dropping their fourth straight game and fell to 14-23 overall.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/153552p-135131c.html

Chaney is getting purely pathetic right now. If he has some self respect he would quit and admit all his mistakes, but instead he is bitching arround thomas to give him another chance.
This guy really thinks he can reach the playoffs?

NEVER!!!

FIRE CHANEY!!

obviously he is not programmed to quit