Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Reggie Miller calls Knicks "a league-wide joke''

  1. #1
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Reggie Miller calls Knicks "a league-wide joke''

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Who cares what he said. All I gotta say is that he is a joke at analyzing, and he must still take it personally when they lost to the league-wide joke in the Conference Finals. back in 99. Looks like the rivalry still continues.

  3. #3
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    He also said that Isiah has the talent on this team to make the playoffs and they should be a top 6 team. Orlando and the Celtics are the 2 best teams.

    From the perspective of other teams, the Knicks will be a joke until theyre playin around .500 basketball because they got too much talent to have 4 wins and 9 losses.

  4. #4
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Just one more reasons for Knick fans to dislike Reggie.

  5. #5
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Just one more reasons for Knick fans to dislike Reggie.
    That is so true.

  6. #6
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo Screw Miller

    He was a great player, but he's a jerk. To put it politely. Don't listen to miller, it was probaly a jab at spike lee and knicks fans who booed him over the years. He's just angry because star trek based an alien race on him. Look! Which ones are reggie???



  7. #7
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Miller is speaking the truth. This team on paper is a dream team. If any of you have NBA Live 06 make trades to put this team together and see what your rating is. I know that's just a game but my point is there is more than enough talent here and these guys should be playing much better then they are. NY is the b-ball mecca and not to mention the financial capital of the world. NY must have the best sports teams or at the very least teams that compete. An 8 game losing streak should never EVER happen, even if they are playing the Spurs, Suns, Celtics and Pistons back to back to back. Not to be a downer but I don't think this team is capable of ever winning a championship. They will have ups and downs, may be even make the play offs but they won't make it over that hump until they make some trades. Like I said a team can never give up for multiple games.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Off Topic

    Foget Reggie and all of that media BS....I ain't a genius but FOUR realistic moves and the knicks are back on track.

    1- replace "coach" zeke with jeff van gundy
    2- trade Curry, Malik and jones for Jermane O - JO needs to go and in return they re gettin a young cheaper center and two expiring contracts.
    3- trade Zebo for Ben Wallace (bulls need inside scoring without sacrficing rebounding )
    4- trade Marbury & wilson for Bibby & Artest - Sac would jump on this trade in a heart beat, plus Artest got one foot out the door already!!

    Knick starting five
    bibby
    Q Rich
    Artest
    Jermine
    Ben Wallace

    Reserves
    Crawford
    David lee
    Balkman
    Nate
    Marty
    jj

    now tell me this is not a championship team????

    opinions welcome

  9. #9
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    DonChris is speakin datruth this time, this team will never win a championship. They could be a team that can make it to the 2nd round, maybe even 3rd(not this year). You need an intimidator or a low post defensive presence to win a championship. They do have way too much talent to be losing 8 games in a row.

    As for Reggie Miller, his comments dont bother me. Dont get it twisted, I dont like him. I got respect for him as a player but I dont like him. I dislike Michael Jordan even more.

  10. #10
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Sad but true.

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Miller is speaking the truth. This team on paper is a dream team. If any of you have NBA Live 06 make trades to put this team together and see what your rating is. I know that's just a game but my point is there is more than enough talent here and these guys should be playing much better then they are. NY is the b-ball mecca and not to mention the financial capital of the world. NY must have the best sports teams or at the very least teams that compete. An 8 game losing streak should never EVER happen, even if they are playing the Spurs, Suns, Celtics and Pistons back to back to back. Not to be a downer but I don't think this team is capable of ever winning a championship. They will have ups and downs, may be even make the play offs but they won't make it over that hump until they make some trades. Like I said a team can never give up for multiple games.
    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    DonChris is speakin datruth this time, this team will never win a championship. They could be a team that can make it to the 2nd round, maybe even 3rd(not this year). You need an intimidator or a low post defensive presence to win a championship. They do have way too much talent to be losing 8 games in a row.

    As for Reggie Miller, his comments dont bother me. Dont get it twisted, I dont like him. I got respect for him as a player but I dont like him. I dislike Michael Jordan even more.
    Both you guys make good point. A team without defense, a team without a true team orientated offense, just won't make it in the playoffs. They are a bubble team at best, may make playoffs may not. They May get 1st round upset, but most likely will falter in second round.
    Originally Posted by timnakhla
    Foget Reggie and all of that media BS....I ain't a genius but FOUR realistic moves and the knicks are back on track.

    1- replace "coach" zeke with jeff van gundy
    2- trade Curry, Malik and jones for Jermane O - JO needs to go and in return they re gettin a young cheaper center and two expiring contracts.
    3- trade Zebo for Ben Wallace (bulls need inside scoring without sacrficing rebounding )
    4- trade Marbury & wilson for Bibby & Artest - Sac would jump on this trade in a heart beat, plus Artest got one foot out the door already!!

    Knick starting five
    bibby
    Q Rich
    Artest
    Jermine
    Ben Wallace

    Reserves
    Crawford
    David lee
    Balkman
    Nate
    Marty
    jj

    now tell me this is not a championship team????

    opinions welcome
    Like your ideas, turning to a more defensive team, but i don't think the trades will float. Wilson chandler and marbury for bibby and artest? marbury makes more than the both of them combined. Which is why they want to ditch artest and bibby for salary reasons. Marbury doesn't help them there and he has hurt his trade value with bad play and off court stuff. wilson chandler isn't a great player. He's a rookie who gets practically no time. He's unproven.
    O'Neil for curry malik and jones. Curry is good, but it's a down grade from ONeil, malik is getting two yeas at around 7 mill each, Not an expiring contract till next year. Jones Contract expire this year.
    Wallace, for zebo is your most likely.
    It would be great, oneil artest wallace, that front court could rival the old mason oakley and Ewing. The defense would be sick, there would be no penetration to the basket. Wallace and oneil, shot blocking maniac and artest is one tough defender.

  11. #11
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Mike Bibby wont lead this team anywhere. Ben Wallace aint what he was, hes gettin old. Jermaine can still play but hes hurt alot. Artest is the man and I would love to have him here in NY. The #1 defensive small forward in the NBA, even Lebron cant fu.....mess with him.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,669
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Who cares what he said. All I gotta say is that he is a joke at analyzing, and he must still take it personally when they lost to the league-wide joke in the Conference Finals. back in 99. Looks like the rivalry still continues.


    i agree... reggie has no clue.... we are one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league....

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,669
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i like the team we have... i'd make no changes... i think we are starting to play better... we have started to do the little things ... we will be contending by the end of the year...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bay Shore, NY
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i just wish curry and randolph will pass the ball more. there is no ball movement out there. i know i said this in another post but i'm getting sick of it.

  15. #15
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    8

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by paris401
    i like the team we have... i'd make no changes... i think we are starting to play better... we have started to do the little things ... we will be contending by the end of the year...
    Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree... reggie has no clue.... we are one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league....
    I hope you are being sarcastic. top 4 or 5 teams do not lose by 48 points. Sure they have bad games, but they lose by 20-30 not 40. No changes I don't see anyplayers last night i'd keep.

Similar Threads

  1. can eddie and zach mix?
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: Nov 25, 2008, 21:19
  2. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  3. Stop the WHINING.. PLEASE!! & READ
    By lilman_bklyn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 16:37
  4. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  5. Reggie Miller
    By H20 OFFdaHizZLe in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2005, 21:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •