Trade David lee and malik Rose for Artest

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
thats my trade, Artest is a winner, he'll give you 18 and 10 each night and close down the person hes guarding.
Yes i'm the Toby Kimbal that used to play in the league. I put in my resume for the GM job with the knicks in the last week:)
Frenchie will be my coach!!!
'

Toons

is the Bo$$
lee? nah....lee is an untouchable right now....IMO, lee is the most efficient knick on our team....even with randolph he gets his boards n points.....we should not trade any more young talent....i think we would have been making noise int he east a long time ago if we kept camby.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
F that, Lets get Artest. Lee isnt gonna improve that much, he might start hittin his jumpshots occasionally. Artest is one of my favorite players, he can shut anyone down while scorin 20 points and grabbin some rebounds.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Why hasnt it happened yet?

If the kings were even a bit interested in trading Artest over to the Knicks, they would have done it already. Rumors and trade talks have been going on for months now and jack shit has happened yet. I think Artest is the missing piece we need but not at the expense of david lee, malik and someone else can go.

We can't give up Lee not only is he one of our best young players but who would be comming off the bench to give our bigs a rest? Morris who hasen't seen the court this year? The only real option with Lee and Rose gone would be Jeffries and I like him and all but can you see him trying to stop realy anybody in the post? We don't need Artest we need a BIG that can be a pressance on the boards and on the defencive side. Then next year maby get him for nothing!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Why trade another young talent like Lee away for a yet another me,me,me player like artest.He would fit right in with Marbury,Crawford,Curry,and Isiah.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well atleast he can defend probably best defender and score...hmmm BUT YET HE SUCKZ AGAINST LEE! the 8.5 offansive machine!

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Play Morris and Chandler more

I love Artest, and would trade anyone other than Lee and Balkman for him. I would also prefer to keep Chandler and Morris, but they are not untouchable.

However, Artest may be available for considerably less, if the Knicks just wait.

Also, I would play Lee, Morris, Balkman, Chandler, Jones, and Collins much more minutes than current to see how good the Knicks defense can be without Artest.

Chandler is the only shot blocker on the team, and his offense is fairly serviceable. He isn't either Camby or Artest, but comes without the baggage. He has the most potential on the team IMHO.

There are plenty of better teams than the Knicks who are playing rookies, so Isiah's reluctance with Chandler is puzzling.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
no.............................

no more malcontents, no more troubled souls just looking for that one special coach to be able to reach them. Artest comming here would just make the Knicks an even bigger soap opera.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
NO wonder the Knicks still suck. Not only are the coach and owner incompetent, the fans are self destructive.

Why in the world would you want to trade a player with an obvious role on the team, that puts his team first, stays out of trouble, and may still develop (like Lee) for a guy that is always in trouble, doesn't care about his team, and will almost certainly worsen the team chemistry.

That's why we are in this mess to begin with.

You guys have to stop looking at stats and start looking at stats AND INTANGIBLES!

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
NO wonder the Knicks still suck. Not only are the coach and owner incompetent, the fans are self destructive.

Why in the world would you want to trade a player with an obvious role on the team, that puts his team first, stays out of trouble, and may still develop (like Lee) for a guy that is always in trouble, doesn't care about his team, and will almost certainly worsen the team chemistry.

That's why we are in this mess to begin with.

You guys have to stop looking at stats and start looking at stats AND INTANGIBLES!

I don't think I would be so harsh as to say that the fans are self destructive more so as I would say that they are desperate for some positive results so they, like the GM/Coach Isiah I'm completely incompetent Thomas, are willing to make any move(s) in hopes that it would have some kind of impact and make a difference. Artest is a very talented player and I'm still not convinced that he would be a negative influence to this roster or a positive for that matter. That's the gamble with getting Artest; he is either help or a hindrance. His D would be much appreciated here but he is a liability because he is not stable.