Pheonix Suns vs New York Knicks Pregame show with MSGKnickz33

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Back by popular demand, its MSGKnickz33 pregame show. Tune in to MSG tomorrow night at 7:00 to see if the Knicks can make it 2 straight and 4 out of their last 5. Lets take a look at the starting lineups for both teams.

Starting Lineups
Pheonix Suns vs New York Knicks
Steve Nash vs Stephon Marbury
Raja Bell vs Jamal Crawford
Grant Hill vs Quentin Richardson
Shawn Marion vs Zach Randolph
Amare Stoudamire vs Eddy Curry​

Lets take a look at MSG33's pregame strategy​

• Crash the Boards: The Knicks are a better rebounding team than the Suns and they need every advantage they can get.
  • Slow down the Ball!!!! Playing Pheonix Suns style will lead to a loss, they are much better offensively then the Knicks.
  • Attack Amare!!!! Curry needs to aggressively take it at Amare and try to get him into foul trouble.
  • Share the Ball: Everyone in the Knicks starting lineup is capable of scoring 15 to 20 points, find who has the hot hand.
  • Do Not Double Team Nash: Hes too good at finding the open man so let Marbury go one on one with him.
  • Dont be afraid to go to the bench: Isiah needs to immediately bring in the energy guys if the Knicks fall behind early.

Tomorrow Nights Key Matchup:
Steve Nash vs Stephon Marbury​

Stephon Marbury is the key player for the Knicks. He needs to play great defense on Nash, preventing him from gettin easy baskets. If Marbury can successfully guard him one on one, this prevents easy baskets for Pheonix's perimeter players. Also, the Knicks as a team need to communicate when picks are being set for Nash. They cant let Pheonix beat them all night by setting picks for Nash.

Jamal Crawford needs to know when to shoot and when not to shoot. If the shots aren't going in for him, he needs to look to pass the ball. Jamal also needs to try his best to defend Raja Bell on the perimeter, and when Bells not in the game there's no time for a break. Leandro Barbosa is an explosive 6th man who can put points on the board in a hurry.

Quentin Richardson needs to do what he always does: Defend, rebound, and be the vocal leader that he is. Grant Hill should not be a difficult matchup for him.

Zach Randolph needs to have a good game offensively. Shawn Marion is shorter than Zach, so Z-Bo should look to go to work against him down low. Expect over 20 points and 12 rebounds from Zach.

Eddy Curry cannot stop Amare Stoudamire but the opposite is true also. The biggest difference is Amare Stoudamire does not stop Amare Stoudamire where as Eddy Curry sometimes stops Eddy Curry. Sometimes when Eddy gets frustrated, he picks up stupid fouls and turns the ball over. He needs to be focused on his difficult assignment, and thats doing his best to defend Amare, looking sharp on offense, and defending Pheonix guards looking to take it to the hoop.

The bench needs to be ready to come into the game and immediately make an impact with their energy.

Thanks for joining me for my pregame show, I'm your host MSGknickz33 and join me tomorrow night at halftime for my halftime report. Enjoy your Saturday night, and stay out of trouble. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
OK OK OK i c u atleast know the knicks...and thats true man when curry gets frustrated he starts making stupid decisions...well the marbury and nash idk man nash is gonna be really hard 4 marbury...and i cant help but feel that marbury's shoulder is going 2 "hurt" and he gonna get benched...well yea man other than that we should do ok but rememeber our weakness is there strengh...they can SHOOT THE 3 AND WE CANT DEFEND IT!

I'm actually really excited for this game, I think we can pull out a W. If we play consistent throughout the entire game like against the Jazz, we will have a chance. If we fall behind early like against the Bucks, we will not comeback against the Suns, no chance. Have to come out early and get the crowd into it early. I say, no I pray, Knicks 109 Suns 104.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Eddy Curry's contribution is a big factor. He hasnt done anything past few games, not even scoring. If he can just man the paint: block a few shots, even just alter shots. One good hard foul and we'll be alright.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Where the Uck is there defense? Zach and Eddy are too slow to play the Suns style. Isiah needs to make substitutions right now, get balkmen in there. They shouldve read my pregame strategy, play hard defense and play a 1/2 court game!!!! Damn, Pheonix aint missin.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
And we'll be back with you in a brief moment with details about how you can meet Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James at Burger King.

Im Msg33 and heres your halftime report.

Lets take a look at some statistics:

New York Knicks

Zach Randolph-13pts, 4rbs
Eddy Curry-14pts, 5rbs
Stephon Marbury-8pts, 2 asts
Quentin Richardson-5pts, 5 rbs, 5 asts
Jamal Crawford-6pts (1-5), 3asts

Pheonix Suns

Steve Nash-8 asts
Grant Hill-17pts, 4 asts
Amare Stoudamire-9 pts, 6 rebs

I mentioned in my pregame strategy that Grant Hill should be an easy cover for Quentin Richardson and I was obviously wrong. Grant Hill is leading the Suns with 17 points and its not that hes taking Richardson 1 on 1 everytime, Pheonix does a great job of moving the ball and finding the open man. They force defenses to switch creating mismatches.

Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph had great first halfs offensively. They both have high shooting percentages and they have both chipped in on the boards. The Knicks are out-rebounding the Suns 20 to 15.

Pheonix is one of the best teams at moving the ball around. Their 21 assists in the first half is a reflection of how unselfish they are. The Suns have 5 players on the court, but they always play as 1 team. The Knicks can be successful in they learn to do the same consistently.

In the second half, the Knicks need to play better on the defensive end. They do not want to try to outscore the Suns, they need to win with defense.

Join me after the game for my Postgame show. Thanks, and enjoy the 2nd half.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Damn, Grant Hill just had Q for dinner. I thought Q would shut down Hill cuz i figured that they were about the same speed and that Q not having to guard someone quicker for a change would have no problem with Hill. Before anyone else sayz it, i was wrong and I need to get off Q's cock. There, I beat everyone to it. Props to Grant Hill, Im glad to see him healthy. I liked him when he was with Detroit and I always hoped hed get through his injuries and have a good endin to his career. BAD 4th quarter effort not just by Q, but by the whole team. Dissapointing.

GetRealistic

Starter
If i have to watch Zack Randolph do another triple jab step into a missed jumper i may vomit. Who was the person who posted a youtube video of Randolph passing the ball? Because i haven't seen it I think Breen and Clyde said it best... Randolph brings alot of pluses but he messes with the growth of Curry and Lee.

And Marbury got taken out because the last posession of the 3rd quarter he just put hi head down drove to hoop and got his shot blocked instead of kicking out the ball to two wide open players.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Yet Again We See How Foolish Isiah Can Be As A Coach, Knicks Down By One And 33 Seconds Into The Game He Takes Steph And Eddy Out The Game For Lee And Jones. If That Strategy Worked One Night, That Don't Mean It Always Going To Work. And We Let A Guy Like Grant Hill Beat Us. I Sometimes Don't Get Isiah, He Knows Eddy Was The Guy With The Hot Hands And He Kept Jamal Almost The Whole Game And Jamal Was Off Tonight. Nate Didn't Play And I Wonder Why? He Sometimes Seems As If He Never Coached In His Life. Isiah Need To Know Who And When To Substitute. I Don't Blame Nobody But Isiah For This Lose.

metrocard

Legend
Yet Again We See How Foolish Isiah Can Be As A Coach, Knicks Down By One And 33 Seconds Into The Game He Takes Steph And Eddy Out The Game For Lee And Jones. If That Strategy Worked One Night, That Don't Mean It Always Going To Work. And We Let A Guy Like Grant Hill Beat Us. I Sometimes Don't Get Isiah, He Knows Eddy Was The Guy With The Hot Hands And He Kept Jamal Almost The Whole Game And Jamal Was Off Tonight. Nate Didn't Play And I Wonder Why? He Sometimes Seems As If He Never Coached In His Life. Isiah Need To Know Who And When To Substitute. I Don't Blame Nobody But Isiah For This Lose.

Isiah has no sense of direction, as a coach and especially as a GM. Giving him more chances will only mean more loses in the history of the New York Knicks

Frazier pretty much said it.

The Curry & Randolph experiment is failing. Not as disastrous as the Francis & Marbury but not good none the less.

We played average...we're a 92 PPG team that gives up over a century a game..we lost by ten, average game for a shitty team put together by Isiah Thomas.

the worst part about this loss is that its just another opportunity for jim rome and all the other espn assholes to talk shit. Theyre guna be like "oh they suck they got blown outta the building against phoenix, they didnt even stand a chance" when we had the lead in the 3rd qtr various times, and were down by 1 heading into the 4th.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man i just wish stephon is on attack mode the whole game, thats the only thing i hate about stephon, steve nor barbosa could guard em, seeems like sometimes stephon is not even on da court, damn grant hill lit us up, should have gone to curry more, would have gotten amare in foul trouble

on da side not, good to see Q making it rain

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea idk y he took out curry...still good game in 3rd quarter i saw flashes of a dangerous team...and than came the 4rth quarter and grant hill...and i was back 2 saying WE SUCK =]...>_<!

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Am Very Disappointed About This Loss, The Knicks Were In The Game Up Until The 4th Quarter With 33 Seconds When Isiah Had To Turn My Excitement Into Frustration. I Hope He Wouldn't Have Made Those Crucial Substitution. Isiah Needs To Reason Up Sometimes Being A Great Player Don't Make U A Great Coach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Welcome the MSGknickz33 postgame show. The Knicks could of had this game, but they gave it away in the fourth quarter. Zach Randolph missed a couple of shots and layups. When he plays bad, it seems to effect the rest of the team.

Lets take a look at stats and breakdown what happened tonight.

New York Knicks

Eddy Curry-21pts, 8rebs
Zach Randolph-19pts, 10rebs, 5asts, 3TO
Stephon Marbury-21pts(7-13), 4asts
Quentin Richardson-15pts(6-18), 9rbs, 6asts, 3TO
Jamal Crawford-10pts(2-11), 4asts, 3rbs

Pheonix Suns

Grant Hill-28pts, 8rebs, 7asts, 3stl, 4TO
Steve Nash-9pts, 15asts
Amare Stoudamire-28pts, 12 rebs
Shawn Marion-15pts, 7rebs
Leandro Barbosa-15pts

Stephon Marbury was the best player tonight for the Knicks. He was very efficient on offense and he played good defense on Steve Nash. Nash shot just 30% from the field (3-10). His lack of points was not a factor. His 15 assists was a game high and he only had 1 turnover tonight.

Jamal Crawford had a quiet night after exploding in the 2nd half Friday night when he lead the Knicks to victory over the Milwaukee Bucks. He only shot 2 for 11 tonight, but he did have 4 assists and only 1 turnover. Crawford is a talented player, but it seems like he will never step his game up to the next level because of his inconsistent play from one night to the next and his lack of discipline. Crawford takes alot of bad shots and his defense is non-existant.

Quentin Richardson statistically had a good game, but those who watched the game knew that he did not really have a good game. He allowed Grant Hill to score 28 points. Richardson scored 15 points(6-18 from the field) with 9 rebounds and 6 assists. He also turned the ball over 3 times.

Zach Randolph at times looked very sharp offensively and at other times he looked selfish despite his 5 assists. Zach needs to learn how to become more of a team player. He is a similar player to Crawford, both of them do not know when to stop shooting. Randolph cost the Knicks the game by allowing Pheonix to gain momentum after missing a couple of shots and layups early in the 4th quarter.

Eddy Curry had his best game recently scoring 21 points and grabbing 8 rebounds. His defense was not impressive, but he gets a pass tonight because of the quicker and more athletic Amare Stoudamire. More effort on the defensive end would still be nice to see from Curry, but with the way hes played recently fans should be happy with what he gave them tonight.

David Lee brought his normal energy coming off the bench scoring 12 points and grabbing 5 rebounds in 20 minutes. Other than Lee, the bench did not make a big impact tonight. Nate Robinson did not play. Fred Jones has replaced Nates spot in the rotation.

When a team gets 37 assists in one game, they are very likely to win. Pheonix defines what a team is. They are a very unselfish team that will make it far in the playoffs this year. The Knicks have now dropped to a record of 5 wins and 11 losses.

Join me Tuesday night for a preview of Wednesdays night matchup in New Jersey against the Nets. Thanks for tuning into my show, I'm MsgKnicks33 and have a good night.