Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official EURO 2008 thread

Originally Posted by rady
    If Italy plays the same, then my Romania might just have a chance at them, although after last night's game, they'll probably hunt us from the start..
    Man, you had such bad luck with the draw...it's a shame, because you have some really good players.

I always liked Romanian football. Ion Timofte, the bomber, played for my club FC Porto. As well as that god-awful Nica Panduru
    But I loved Hagi, Popescu, Raducioiu, and that '94 squad. Adrian Ilie was magnificent, too.

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    Portugal gave us a beating, but their a great club though, hopefully we can get the victory against Switzerland tomorrow
    Turkey-Czech Rep will be very interesting. Good luck to you

Originally Posted by Sir_Knickerbocker
    Wake up man. We are MUCH better than you. The english national team is one of the most overrated teams in all of sports. It's only logical that they're not in Euro 2008.

Cheat? Please. That's ridiculous.
    im not saying England r better then Portugal as a whole but those 2 games England destroyed them on the pitch and should have beaten them in both games. 1st one we got disallowed a legit goal which would have out us through, 2nd game Carvahalo and Ronaldo got Rooney sent off, changed game. Still dominated play and had triple the shots on goal, lose in penalties which is lottery.
    England r better then half the sides in Euro 2008, to say its logical that they r not there shows either A) u dislike England immensley or B) you know nothing about Football.

I cannot wait to see Ronaldo cry yet again when they r knocked out in the quarters or semis lol.

Man, you had such bad luck with the draw...it's a shame, because you have some really good players.

I always liked Romanian football. Ion Timofte, the bomber, played for my club FC Porto. As well as that god-awful Nica Panduru
    But I loved Hagi, Popescu, Raducioiu, and that '94 squad. Adrian Ilie was magnificent, too.
    Those were some great times but we have a pretty nice team at this euro too. Come to think about it, we always played better when we were put in a tougher group.. at euro 2000 we managed to pass with portugal over germany and england .. wouldn't count ourselves out of the tournament yet

ok, so we have the first team to be knocked off the group stage. very big game last night, a draw would have been fair but as turkey played in the second quarter they deserved the win. especially since they scored the second goal with one man down. austria will probably follow them today unless they get help from germany

@pricey. i'll have to see that play again but from what i remember it van nisterlooy was clearly in offside. doesn't change anything, holland deserved the win, no doubt about it

Originally Posted by Pricey
    im not saying England r better then Portugal as a whole but those 2 games England destroyed them on the pitch and should have beaten them in both games. 1st one we got disallowed a legit goal which would have out us through, 2nd game Carvahalo and Ronaldo got Rooney sent off, changed game. Still dominated play and had triple the shots on goal, lose in penalties which is lottery.
    England r better then half the sides in Euro 2008, to say its logical that they r not there shows either A) u dislike England immensley or B) you know nothing about Football.

I cannot wait to see Ronaldo cry yet again when they r knocked out in the quarters or semis lol.
    Come on, that idiot Rooney got HIMSELF sent off. Last time I checked, stomping someone's crotch equals a red card.
    I said it's logical they're not there, because the squad that eliminated them (Croatia) is better. No shame there, they have a nice generation of players coming along. But again: England is grossly overrated.

Those were some great times but we have a pretty nice team at this euro too. Come to think about it, we always played better when we were put in a tougher group.. at euro 2000 we managed to pass with portugal over germany and england .. wouldn't count ourselves out of the tournament yet

ok, so we have the first team to be knocked off the group stage. very big game last night, a draw would have been fair but as turkey played in the second quarter they deserved the win. especially since they scored the second goal with one man down. austria will probably follow them today unless they get help from germany

@pricey. i'll have to see that play again but from what i remember it van nisterlooy was clearly in offside. doesn't change anything, holland deserved the win, no doubt about it
    Yes Van Nistelrooy was in a offside position but the Italian defender who was off the pitch was still moving forward so it technically plays him onside. If the defender was not moving and Ruud touched the ball then its offside. Very technical but thats the rules and FIFA have come out and said it was the correct decision with that explanation.

Come on, that idiot Rooney got HIMSELF sent off. Last time I checked, stomping someone's crotch equals a red card.
    I said it's logical they're not there, because the squad that eliminated them (Croatia) is better. No shame there, they have a nice generation of players coming along. But again: England is grossly overrated.
    Im unsure how ACCIDENTLY landing on someones crutch is a automatic red card. If he did it deliberatley then yes its a red but clearly he didnt look at Carvahalo when he landed. The Portugese players were a disgrace in the way they tried to get him send off, its a blight in the game when players from any team ask for cards to get players sent off.
    Croatia better? im not sure about that. They beat England 3-2 in the last game of qualifying but England in the 2nd half domainated and should have qualified. yet another goal keeping howler got us knocked out, not sure what it is with England and goal keepers making errors.
    England arent overated, i dont think they r a top 10 national team at all but they have the players to be one of the best in the world.
    England r def better then Russia who got in ahead of them. England were very unfortunate to have half their team missing for their last 2 games of qualifying. No Rio, Terry, Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Hargreaves. U rip a national teams 2 centre backs out and the defence of any country becomes weakened.
    Good luck to Portugal though, have some great players and they will go deep.
    Im just happy Germany lost. OH YEAH!

Turkey-Czech Rep will be very interesting. Good luck to you

Thank-you my good man, & I think we put you guys in good position right? (Portugal)
    Last edited by JUNIOR MINT; Jun 13, 2008 at 00:25.

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    Thank-you my good man, & I think we put you guys in good position right? (Portugal)
    Portugal r going to top the group, they r 2 from 2 and turkey and czechs have lost a game so the next result won matter unless Portugal get pumped but that wont happen.

Yes Van Nistelrooy was in a offside position but the Italian defender who was off the pitch was still moving forward so it technically plays him onside.
    You're right, i didn't noticed him being there at first only yesterday when looking for some replays.

So Austria is still in the books huh.. nice game from Poland they would have deserved the win, that penalty kick came very easy. Most likely this game left the two teams with theoretical chances of advancing. Croatia is already qualified and Germany needs the win if they don't want to depend on the other game.

As for today's game, we're ready!!!

You're right, i didn't noticed him being there at first only yesterday when looking for some replays.

So Austria is still in the books huh.. nice game from Poland they would have deserved the win, that penalty kick came very easy. Most likely this game left the two teams with theoretical chances of advancing. Croatia is already qualified and Germany needs the win if they don't want to depend on the other game.

As for today's game, we're ready!!!
    Austria must win to get through, i dont know if they can do it but.
    Schweinstiger is a massive loss for Germany's next match as well.
    Robben passed fit to play aganst France, Robben vs Ribery would be awesome to watch it the coaches do the right thing and play them on eachother.
    Gotta get up at 1am for the Italy vs Romania game, have money on it and Luca Toni and Buffon r in my fantasy side and then Holland vs France!!! AWESOME WEEKEND OF SPORT COMING UP.

Wake up man. We are MUCH better than you. The english national team is one of the most overrated teams in all of sports. It's only logical that they're not in Euro 2008.

Cheat? Please. That's ridiculous.
    That's the fire of pure soccer fans!!
    England is very talented and it's a shame that they did not make it to the Euro Cup. England is the founder of the sport and will always have respect in my books.

Portugal and Spain were my choices before the tourney started and I am sticking with them. Holland is playing magnificent futbol. Italy is still alive, Germany has 2 great strikers in Lucas and Khlose, France a big dissapointment thus far. Great Cup!!

My team Colombia will be playing a world cup qualifier this weekend!!If Colombia qualifies for the world cup, I am going to south africa!!

Last edited by dre48ny; Jun 13, 2008 at 17:45.

Portugal r going to top the group, they r 2 from 2 and turkey and czechs have lost a game so the next result won matter unless Portugal get pumped but that wont happen.
    Yep, we've got 1st seed no matter what happens on Sunday.
    But I'm not sure if that's a good thing, since we'll probably meet Germany in the quarter-finals.

Man, wasn't Holland vs France one of the greatest matches in recent memory?
    Wonderful display of attacking football. Unbelievable.
    Holland has me convinced now. Damn. An absolute offensive machine, surely the best attacking team in the tournament.

Oh, and France sucks.
    Well, they don't REALLY suck, (they actually played well, despite conceding 4 goals) but being Portuguese, France will always suck in my book.

Romania has actually a good chance, since they'll play against Holland's second-tier squad. That would be a great feat, leaving both World Cup finalists behind.

my italian brothers have to step it the hell up. if it wasnt for our goalie BUFFON we'd be out of this **** right now. Italy get off ur ass stop missing easy shot oppurtunities and blow out the next **** team u face...F holland and romania they can suck my nuts