The Official EURO 2008 thread

To be fair to Scolari i don't think Ronaldo was supposed to have him, it appeared at the outset of the free kick that Carvalho was supposed to but he got dragged into the near post and Ronaldo saw the run too late, was bad defending in general not just from Ronaldo.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Turkey done it again!!!, man what a game, I can't believe we won, I thought we were finished, I threw my tv remote against the wall & broke it, lol...I doubt we'll win next game, Germany's a great club, if we lose I won't be so mad, I'm happy enough to know that we came this far.

TunerAddict

Starter
Turkey done it again!!!, man what a game, I can't believe we won, I thought we were finished, I threw my tv remote against the wall & broke it, lol...I doubt we'll win next game, Germany's a great club, if we lose I won't be so mad, I'm happy enough to know that we came this far.

Lol. I changed the channel i was so pissed after that gay goal. Then I flipped back as The Lifeguard scored the tying goal. I've been rooting for Turkey since day one. Gotta love the underdog.

Was a great comeback by the Turks, how many of there players will be missing from the game against Germany though? I hope they beat Germany but i can't see it, but then i didn't think they would beat the Czechs or the Croatians so anything can happen.

Holland v Russia tonight and then the big one Spain v Italy tomorrow

TunerAddict

Starter
Emre Aşık, Tuncay Şanlı, Volkan Demirel and Arda Turan are all suspended for the match v. Germany and Nihat seems to be injured now, so he probably wont play. Hooray for the Germans in the final. Boo to the Turks losing. Sad day in Turkey.

Russia are beating Holland 3-1 with about 1 minute to go. Great result for the Russians.

I'm still sticking with Spain to win it all though.

Pricey

Rotation player
cannot believe it, Russia r fking on fire. i reckon they will win the whole thing the way they r playing. They have been the best passing team in the whole tournament. To be fair to Holland they had a few great chances that Ruud would normally put in the back of the net. Robben on the bench and didnt come on? jeez massive call Van Basten.
In regards to Portugal i think its been a tad harsh on Scolari. You can only do what u can with a avg squad. They were in a avg group and that perhaps made us believe they were better then what they really are. A team of a few star players but a very avg defence. Germany r great at set pieces and they got 2 goals from them.
i cant wait for Spain and Italy, Spain really need to win to help get rid of the choker tag but they way this tournament is going i think Italy r a shoe in lol.
All the faves r crashing out like 9 pins.

Pricey

Rotation player
Also in regards to the Italy Spain match, Spain are very small compared to Italy so if they get some set pieces i think players like Toni are going to have a lot of chances. Spain are younger and faster but Italy are stronger and have the winning mentality. Italy r missing Pirlo and Gattuso so that def helps Spain but i think De Rossi can step up and do the job in the middle.
Spain havent helped their cause with making comments off the pitch that could only fire up the Italians. Aragones made a comment saying that if Gattuso is a great player then he is a priest. Aragones is a racist prick and deserves to be beaten to death. a tad harsh but fk him and his opinions. I want Italy to win now and get Aragones the sack.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
I can't believe the Dutch's lost, they've been, arguably, the best team in this year's European Championships thus far, but I guess anything can happen right? Congrats to the Russian fans, that Arshavin kid is good, I heard he was going to Arsenal?

Hey any of you guys gona watch the first semi final that starts in 15 minutes? Looking forward to this one, should be a cracking game.

Pricey

Rotation player
dissapointed for Turkey, played the tournament of their lives. I hate Germany as well so its dissapointing.
No idea who i want to win tomorrow. Id prefer Russia to win but do i think they will beat Germany? Prob not so then i need Spain to win who i dont like either.

I gota go with Spain, i hate Germany as well so will be rooting for Spain as i don't see Russia beating them, Russia are rubbish in the air and Germany had Klose and Ballack both good headers of the ball.

Spain for 2 reason:

1- I have a bet with a friend that Spain will win the tournament

2- I hate Germany and can't stand to see them win

Pricey

Rotation player
yeah i want Spain to win this, hate Germany and Spain have gone through so much it would be nice for them

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Well, we played a good match against Germany, I guess we got a taste of our own medicine when they put that last goal within' minutes left in the game, haha...but I'm happy enough we came this far, very surprised, just hopefully we only get better from here on. And for Spain, I can't believe they lost, I guess Russia was better than I expected them to be, I won't be surprised if Russia wins