Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official EURO 2008 thread

Originally Posted by dre48ny
    I will root for Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal! I will be visiting Portugal and Spain this year, which would be my first time in Europe. Cristiano ronaldo is playing at a very high level!!
    Be sure to visit Porto, Alto Douro, Alentejo and Algarve. Wonderfully beautiful areas.

I root for Germany, against Italy. I hate Italy.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

I like the German squad a lot. Klose, Ballack, Podolski are great players. Podolski, and Klouse, are Polish to bad they didn't play for the Polish National team,but they decided to play for the Germans.

Thumbs up

Spain!

Originally Posted by Sir_Knickerbocker
    Be sure to visit Porto, Alto Douro, Alentejo and Algarve. Wonderfully beautiful areas.
    Thanks for the tips!! My dad wants to go to the basilia of fatima.
    I will check those areas !!

Portugal started with a victory, although not impressive the points count!!
    Cristiano will have a better game next time

Nice games so far, of course i'm keeping my eyes open on group C, but the first 2 days were great as hell. I'm a bit sorry for the hosts as i don't think they still stand a chance of getting out the group stage. Germany - Poland.. great game, maybe the result was a bit unfair, Poland deserved at least a goal
    How about the Holland - Italy game? Damn, did anyone expected a 3-0 victory? (sure, goal one was scored from offside and then Italy got a penalty kick refused) but Holland sure is hot. I think they won't have any problems with France and they'll be in the semis on friday. If Italy plays the same, then my Romania might just have a chance at them, although after last night's game, they'll probably hunt us from the start..

Romania definitely has a chance. Italy hasn't fared well in the last editions of the Euro Cup. Sitzerland suffered a large blow with FRei's injury, great striker.

Austria might rebound.

Default .

(this message must be 10 characters so I added this)

Originally Posted by rady
    Nice games so far, of course i'm keeping my eyes open on group C, but the first 2 days were great as hell. I'm a bit sorry for the hosts as i don't think they still stand a chance of getting out the group stage. Germany - Poland.. great game, maybe the result was a bit unfair, Poland deserved at least a goal
    How about the Holland - Italy game? Damn, did anyone expected a 3-0 victory? (sure, goal one was scored from offside and then Italy got a penalty kick refused) but Holland sure is hot. I think they won't have any problems with France and they'll be in the semis on friday. If Italy plays the same, then my Romania might just have a chance at them, although after last night's game, they'll probably hunt us from the start..
    Actually Ruud was onside as Panucci's momentum even though he was off the pitch played Ruud onside. The ref was correct to allow it to be a goal.
    I got on Holland as they were paying $3.95 for the win and they have a better side then Italy.
    I think Holland or Spain will win it. Holland have so much attacking flair and Spain have a great squad, Torres and Villa upfront will be dangerous.
    Damn shame England r not in it, doesnt interest me as much now.

Portugal gave us a beating, but their a great club though, hopefully we can get the victory against Switzerland tomorrow

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    Portugal gave us a beating, but their a great club though, hopefully we can get the victory against Switzerland tomorrow
    Portugal r cheats and i will never forgive them for Euro 2004 and WC 2006. Had to cheat to beat England. Carvahalo can die and the linesman who dissalowed Campbells legit goal can also die.
    If Cristiano didnt play for Man Utd i would also hate him.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Actually Ruud was onside as Panucci's momentum even though he was off the pitch played Ruud onside. The ref was correct to allow it to be a goal.
    I got on Holland as they were paying $3.95 for the win and they have a better side then Italy.
    I think Holland or Spain will win it. Holland have so much attacking flair and Spain have a great squad, Torres and Villa upfront will be dangerous.
    Damn shame England r not in it, doesnt interest me as much now.
    Villa and Torres are beasts!! Spain was sharp against Russia. Spain always starts out well, but they don't finish strong in tourneys. This might be their year because England is not in, Italy is beatable, and France can go down. Holland, Portugal, and Spain have a great chance.

I think Sweden is a sleeper team, and of course never count out the Germans!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Portugal r cheats and i will never forgive them for Euro 2004 and WC 2006. Had to cheat to beat England. Carvahalo can die and the linesman who dissalowed Campbells legit goal can also die.
    If Cristiano didnt play for Man Utd i would also hate him.
    Wake up man. We are MUCH better than you. The english national team is one of the most overrated teams in all of sports. It's only logical that they're not in Euro 2008.

Cheat? Please. That's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Villa and Torres are beasts!! Spain was sharp against Russia. Spain always starts out well, but they don't finish strong in tourneys. This might be their year because England is not in, Italy is beatable, and France can go down. Holland, Portugal, and Spain have a great chance.

I think Sweden is a sleeper team, and of course never count out the Germans!!!!!!
    I think Germany might be the early favourite. Such a great game against Poland. They haven't got any really great players, but play exceptionally well as a unit. For me the favourites are Germany, Italy (don't count them out just yet), Portugal and Spain.

France and Holland are a tad behind, but always dangerous.