Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 118

Thread: The Official EURO 2008 thread

  1. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    I will root for Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal! I will be visiting Portugal and Spain this year, which would be my first time in Europe. Cristiano ronaldo is playing at a very high level!!
    Be sure to visit Porto, Alto Douro, Alentejo and Algarve. Wonderfully beautiful areas.

  2. #17
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I root for Germany, against Italy. I hate Italy.

  3. #18
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I like the German squad a lot. Klose, Ballack, Podolski are great players. Podolski, and Klouse, are Polish to bad they didn't play for the Polish National team,but they decided to play for the Germans.

  4. #19
    Lurker Vejlemand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    Spain!

  5. #20
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sir_Knickerbocker
    Be sure to visit Porto, Alto Douro, Alentejo and Algarve. Wonderfully beautiful areas.
    Thanks for the tips!! My dad wants to go to the basilia of fatima.
    I will check those areas !!

  6. #21
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Portugal started with a victory, although not impressive the points count!!
    Cristiano will have a better game next time

  7. #22
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,813
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Nice games so far, of course i'm keeping my eyes open on group C, but the first 2 days were great as hell. I'm a bit sorry for the hosts as i don't think they still stand a chance of getting out the group stage. Germany - Poland.. great game, maybe the result was a bit unfair, Poland deserved at least a goal
    How about the Holland - Italy game? Damn, did anyone expected a 3-0 victory? (sure, goal one was scored from offside and then Italy got a penalty kick refused) but Holland sure is hot. I think they won't have any problems with France and they'll be in the semis on friday. If Italy plays the same, then my Romania might just have a chance at them, although after last night's game, they'll probably hunt us from the start..

  8. #23
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Romania definitely has a chance. Italy hasn't fared well in the last editions of the Euro Cup. Sitzerland suffered a large blow with FRei's injury, great striker.

    Austria might rebound.

  9. #24
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default .

    (this message must be 10 characters so I added this)

  10. #25
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by rady
    Nice games so far, of course i'm keeping my eyes open on group C, but the first 2 days were great as hell. I'm a bit sorry for the hosts as i don't think they still stand a chance of getting out the group stage. Germany - Poland.. great game, maybe the result was a bit unfair, Poland deserved at least a goal
    How about the Holland - Italy game? Damn, did anyone expected a 3-0 victory? (sure, goal one was scored from offside and then Italy got a penalty kick refused) but Holland sure is hot. I think they won't have any problems with France and they'll be in the semis on friday. If Italy plays the same, then my Romania might just have a chance at them, although after last night's game, they'll probably hunt us from the start..
    Actually Ruud was onside as Panucci's momentum even though he was off the pitch played Ruud onside. The ref was correct to allow it to be a goal.
    I got on Holland as they were paying $3.95 for the win and they have a better side then Italy.
    I think Holland or Spain will win it. Holland have so much attacking flair and Spain have a great squad, Torres and Villa upfront will be dangerous.
    Damn shame England r not in it, doesnt interest me as much now.

  11. #26
    Member JUNIOR MINT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Uptown
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Portugal gave us a beating, but their a great club though, hopefully we can get the victory against Switzerland tomorrow

  12. #27
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    Portugal gave us a beating, but their a great club though, hopefully we can get the victory against Switzerland tomorrow
    Portugal r cheats and i will never forgive them for Euro 2004 and WC 2006. Had to cheat to beat England. Carvahalo can die and the linesman who dissalowed Campbells legit goal can also die.
    If Cristiano didnt play for Man Utd i would also hate him.

  13. #28
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    Actually Ruud was onside as Panucci's momentum even though he was off the pitch played Ruud onside. The ref was correct to allow it to be a goal.
    I got on Holland as they were paying $3.95 for the win and they have a better side then Italy.
    I think Holland or Spain will win it. Holland have so much attacking flair and Spain have a great squad, Torres and Villa upfront will be dangerous.
    Damn shame England r not in it, doesnt interest me as much now.
    Villa and Torres are beasts!! Spain was sharp against Russia. Spain always starts out well, but they don't finish strong in tourneys. This might be their year because England is not in, Italy is beatable, and France can go down. Holland, Portugal, and Spain have a great chance.

    I think Sweden is a sleeper team, and of course never count out the Germans!!!!!!

  14. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    Portugal r cheats and i will never forgive them for Euro 2004 and WC 2006. Had to cheat to beat England. Carvahalo can die and the linesman who dissalowed Campbells legit goal can also die.
    If Cristiano didnt play for Man Utd i would also hate him.
    Wake up man. We are MUCH better than you. The english national team is one of the most overrated teams in all of sports. It's only logical that they're not in Euro 2008.

    Cheat? Please. That's ridiculous.

  15. #30
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Villa and Torres are beasts!! Spain was sharp against Russia. Spain always starts out well, but they don't finish strong in tourneys. This might be their year because England is not in, Italy is beatable, and France can go down. Holland, Portugal, and Spain have a great chance.

    I think Sweden is a sleeper team, and of course never count out the Germans!!!!!!
    I think Germany might be the early favourite. Such a great game against Poland. They haven't got any really great players, but play exceptionally well as a unit. For me the favourites are Germany, Italy (don't count them out just yet), Portugal and Spain.

    France and Holland are a tad behind, but always dangerous.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 177
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:58
  2. Official Draft Thread
    By Knicker Bocker in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2008, 16:08
  3. Official Keyindabox GFX Request Thread
    By keyindabox in forum Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2006, 21:52
  4. Official Draft Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2006, 00:22
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2006, 20:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •