The Official EURO 2008 thread

th3realicon

Rotation player
Spain scored 7 times in 2 Games against Russia. But i can see them loosing to the Germans. They are just too good against tough opponents.Germany gets the better on bigger teams and plays like cr@p against weaker ones. Its weird.

th3realicon

Rotation player
I am excpecting Ballack to be alot beter than his Turkish version. The defense need to step up big time. Metze and Mertesacker are a bit too shaky for my likeness. Lahm also had a horrible game against the Turks apart that late goal.

Also Poldi hasn't scored since the group stages. He needs to get it going against Casillas and Co.

TunerAddict

Starter
Lol. I dunno, since 02' Ballack has been terrible on the international level.

And the CBs are what frighten me the most. If you look at the Portugal game, 2 of the goals were caused by the same defender doing something stupid. I can't remember if it was mertesacker or metz. One of em'. He gambled and got burned on the first one and I can't remember the second, I just remember that it was his fault again.

Pricey

Rotation player
i think the edge goes to Germany with Villa out injured. Torres will get the best defender now and i dont think Puyol is quick enough or strong enough in the air to hold Klose. Schweinstiger is going to be the difference i reckon.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Congrats to Spain and the 44 year drought. I picked a good year to visit Spain, I'm sure everyone will be in a nice mood!

Pricey

Rotation player
yep Spain r worthy winnners, have been the butt of many jokes over a long time. There would be a lot of drunken Spanish hunnies running amuk.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Good for Spain, after this whole tournament, they seemed to be the most constant team

Numero_Otto

Rookie
Yeah Spain deserves it all yeah but I was pretty disappointed with Germany's game in the final.... Ballack ("injury" aside) didn't really step up, same with podolski and klose

th3realicon

Rotation player
What a dissapointing game. I was let down mightily.

Man other than the Giants my teams (Germany, Bayern, Knicks, Red Bulls, Yankees and Rangers) have been notoriously on the wrong side of their respective rivalries.

TunerAddict

Starter
What a dissapointing game. I was let down mightily.

Man other than the Giants my teams (Germany, Bayern, Knicks, Red Bulls, Yankees and Rangers) have been notoriously on the wrong side of their respective rivalries.

We support all the same teams....except I'm a Mets fan.