R.I.P. to Don Marbury; Stephon Marbury upset with how Knicks handle everything

metrocard

Legend
a family member of Stephon (and nephew of his late father), called in WFAN(Radio station in NYC), and he was very mad about how the Knicks handled the situation.

They said there was no word until after the game, when it had happened earlier. They should've told him he had a heart attack during the game, and he could've had some final moments with his dad before he passed. The caller/nephew was disgusted

Not sure if this was coming straight from Marbury, but the nephew said "This is the last time he's ever playing with them", the family is really disgusted with the Knicks right now, and caller was saying that he was "done with him".

Anyway...this is tough, there are things more important than basketball; we can't even give it a thought of Marbury coming back to the Garden...I break down emotional when I pass by the building my grandmother use to live in. Imagine how Marbury would feel playing in the Garden where his grandfather died. Plus the jungle Dolan and Isiah are running in MSG...too much chaos and unprofessionalism, especially for emotionally drained guys like Richardson and Randolph. Its just not good right now, Marbury tried to do the right thing; giving back as much as possible to the community...hell I got 3 pair of starbury's my left...fuck 200-300 sneakers. Marbury's parents did a good job raising a child who understands its more important to build for the future than be a ho to a sneaper company(Lebron).

Another failure by Dolan and Isiah...damn fuck those guys, I can't fucking stand them one bit. I am completely disgusted with this organization, and this should just be another example of why this organization is pathetic.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
im reading in numerous games that his father was present at the game, guess the boo's directed at stephon got to em, damn RIP, i'll actually hate to be stephon right now

Damn so does this mean he'll nver play another game for the Knicks??? Man I just feel bad for Steph right now. He's really having a hard time and it seems bad incident after bad incident keep piling up on him. I hope he recovers man.

Starks

Starter
I don't blame him for being upset. If I didn't get a chance to spend my last moments with a fam member just because of insane policy "to keep things inhouse", I think I would sue the Garden myself.

Stephon needs to take the rest of the season off and focus on himself. This is more than the Knicks at this point.

What a sorry ass franchise. wow

Kiyaman

Legend
Now this is some Fucked-UP shit to here.

Marbury may deserves some boos and Fines, but HELL NO! he did not deserve any of this shit from a BACKWARD organization. Not when it comes to an illness to Mama or Papa...

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I agree with the sentiment here. I believe Steph should have been told as soon as possible (on a break, during a time out, etc...). Unless the heart attack occurred with only a few minutes left in the 4th quarter, someone made a very big error in judgement by not telling him. The only possible excuse is that Garden people didn't know it was Steph's father when it happened and the information was not communicated back to the Garden from the hospital about who it was until the game was over.

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
a family member of Stephon (and nephew of his late father), called in WFAN(Radio station in NYC), and he was very mad about how the Knicks handled the situation.

They said there was no word until after the game, when it had happened earlier. They should've told him he had a heart attack during the game, and he could've had some final moments with his dad before he passed. The caller/nephew was disgusted

Not sure if this was coming straight from Marbury, but the nephew said "This is the last time he's ever playing with them", the family is really disgusted with the Knicks right now, and caller was saying that he was "done with him".

Anyway...this is tough, there are things more important than basketball; we can't even give it a thought of Marbury coming back to the Garden...I break down emotional when I pass by the building my grandmother use to live in. Imagine how Marbury would feel playing in the Garden where his grandfather died. Plus the jungle Dolan and Isiah are running in MSG...too much chaos and unprofessionalism, especially for emotionally drained guys like Richardson and Randolph. Its just not good right now, Marbury tried to do the right thing; giving back as much as possible to the community...hell I got 3 pair of starbury's my left...fuck 200-300 sneakers. Marbury's parents did a good job raising a child who understands its more important to build for the future than be a ho to a sneaper company(Lebron).

Another failure by Dolan and Isiah...damn fuck those guys, I can't fucking stand them one bit. I am completely disgusted with this organization, and this should just be another example of why this organization is pathetic.

u know there isn't muchto say they raised a good son for him not to see his popz is dispecable rip mr.marbury

clumsy

Rotation player
if they find out this happened early on in the game, and IT, or dolan knew, they should DEFINITELY be fired for that....as if there wasn't already enough things that make fans angry. Damn if this story ever came out in the press, imagine wat would happen to isiah during the games. he's already one of the most hated people in NY.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I pray for Marbury, I know that hes religious now and God will help him get through everything. He found god at the right time because hes had it tough so far this year. Hes a great person whos done great things with the Starbury clothing and shoes, he donates just as much money as anyone else. I got mad love for Marbury and my heart goes out to him and his family.

Isiah deserves to be shot if he knew and withheld that info from steph. We dont know all the details yet but I hope this wasnt the case.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow...i feel sorry for marbury...my prayers goes to him and his family...and im sorry marbury 4 what new york put u threw...if it is true ur leaving us good luck man i dont blame u...ur own hometown WHERE U WAS BORN we booed u every nite u wore that knicks uniform and im sorry now i c that u shouldent even be wearing that knicks uniform...after what they did 2 u not informing u man i would even sew curse the knicks organization out...ur a great player man u just need the rite team...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I feel for the Marbury family. That being said, they knew Don Sr. was ill. So why would they bring him to the lion's den that is The Garden? NY Daily news said he was experiencing difficulties for weeks. I don understand why the family would bring him to a place there was so much disgust and hatred directed at his son. How did the family percieve that he ailing physiology would respond to such a chaotic and stressful situation? To me this is a stupid as having heart problems and going skydiving. Sure, people should be able to go where they want, but do so with caution.

ur a great player man u just need the rite team

How many times has that been said? My father said: there comes a time when it stops being everyone elses fault and the blame is on you. For Marbury's basketball career, that time has been here for a while.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I feel for the Marbury family. That being said, they knew Don Sr. was ill. So why would they bring him to the lion's den that is The Garden? NY Daily news said he was experiencing difficulties for weeks. I don understand why the family would bring him to a place there was so much disgust and hatred directed at his son. How did the family percieve that he ailing physiology would respond to such a chaotic and stressful situation? To me this is a stupid as having heart problems and going skydiving. Sure, people should be able to go where they want, but do so with caution.

How many times has that been said? My father said: there comes a time when it stops being everyone elses fault and the blame is on you. For Marbury's basketball career, that time has been here for a while.

get outta here with that, you and isiah both need to go.

Trin_Starr

Starter
wow that's real tough...
If that is indeed true about the knicks organization, that is just f#ckin' unbelievable!!
I would have definitely wanted to atleast say/hear some last words from my father b4 he passed...that's just wrong what they did.

metrocard

Legend

l_935f6324ec0b0f805aefd3bde25aeaae.gif

n15622006_33064840_7702.jpg

Why must you insist to even stir up anything negative up in here?

Starks

Starter
With the Garden media blockade, we'll never know the details of this. The Knicks organization is like a police state with an clueless dictator.

This season has been more fun to watch than a reality TV show. Can't wait for the DVD

metrocard

Legend
With the Garden media blockade, we'll never know the details of this. The Knicks organization is like a police state with an clueless dictator.

This season has been more fun to watch than a reality TV show. Can't wait for the DVD

We're not even 20 games into the season yet, lord have mercy.

GetRealistic

Starter
Isiah is an awful coach, and GM but i really don't think he's an awful human being. I believe Dolan and some Garden employees knew of the incident with Mr. Marbury but i highly doubt Isiah had any knowledge of it.

Lets keep our basketball opinions aside for the moment. Lets not bash Isiah just because we hate him as a coach, and for those like me who bash Marbury as a player lets just let that slide today.