James Starting!?

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
With Eddy Curry turning into a November disappointment on both ends of the court, Knicks coach Isiah Thomas is - believe it or not - eyeing center Jerome James' return with anticipation. Though James is at least one month away from returning, The Post has learned he had a heart-to-heart talk with Thomas after James' foot surgery to remove a cyst-like growth.
Thomas told James he is still in Thomas' plans, and that the coach hopes to go get James into the rotation.
The pep talk even surprised James, who has felt like a spare part the past two seasons. During the talk, Thomas told James he still envisions playing him alongside the slumping starting center.
With Curry regressing (a combined 19 points in his last three games before last night's 21-point output) and the defense slacking, there is a possibility James could start again like he did for 10 straight games last season. This time, though, he might start alongside Zach Randolph, with the Knicks bringing Curry off the bench.
One Knick said he feels the club's greatest need right now is having a shot-blocking presence like James' in the middle to deter penetration.
Thomas lavished James with a five-year, $30 million contract in the summer of 2005 to be the Knicks starting center, not realizing he would be getting Curry in a trade soon.

Thomas had to laugh when he was asked if owner James Dolan's absence from the Garden last night meant anything about his future.
After attending the season's first five home games, Dolan missed his fourth straight home game.
The Garden says Dolan has attended about 50 percent of Knick home games in recent years, and he's on pace.
The Garden indicated the recent no-shows were a scheduling thing, but that he was advised to stay away Friday, the day after "The Boston Massacre."
"I think you guys pay more attention to that than I do," Thomas said.

0_0 lolz

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If Jerome can keep himself in shape and stay out of foul trouble, why shouldnt he get minutes? Hes not a whole lot worse than Curry, but Kiyamans been campaigning for Randolph Morris to get more minutes and I think he should to. Isiah is finally realizing that Curry is not a franchise player (see Dwight Howard). What Isiah needs to do next is realize that Randolph Morris deserves some playin time as well as Jerome James when he comes back. I cant believe im sayin JJ deserves playin time, but when hes not gettin in foul trouble hes not that bad of a defender. I hope he can get healthy, stay healthy and make an impact for this team. Would i bet on it? Hell no, but it would still be nice to see.

NYKnicks15

Starter
This is an inaccurate report. Not sure where you supposedly heard this from but Jerome James went under for surgery about 2 weeks ago. and from what has been circulated.. there is no timeline for his return.

jzero29

Rotation player
Jerome James?

Thats it, just what this team needs, jerome james! Can you guys hear yourselves? Jerome James!!! Are you kidding me. The one thing curry and James are like opposites, one plays good offense and no Defense one plays good defense and No offense. If we are turning to jerome james to be our savior we are in trouble.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Maybe Im on crack but if Jerome can play some defense and stay out of foul trouble i dont see any reason why he doesnt deserve some minutes off the bench, and Randolph Morris deserves some playin time.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
dead ass i laugh when i c jerome james playing and especially when he makes a shot...and yea morris will be better 4 us

This crap about Fat-Ass James getting playing time is just stupid. If we're going to throw a big man into the lineup why wouldn't we send the young kid Morris in? At least the kid can up his trade value if he plays well ,and if not he'll learn more during live game action then he'll get in practice so he'll improve his skills for us comming off the bench. Whats Fat-Ass going to do for us besides run up and down the court twice and be winded? The only value this Fat Fuck will ever have will be in the last year of his contract as trade bait!

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
yes... i am the only one happy with this.

Jerome James is a liability at the moment and is not worth his contract.

He is 7.1 and can play defence. He is a great shot blocker, and a good defender.

He fouls way too much. but i believe he should start. Imagine Teams having to deal with Randolph and James, and when James is in foul trouble Randolph and Curry, and when Randolph needs a break Lee and Curry.

I LOVE THIS IDEA.

Over his career he averages a block in 13 minutes

Over the last two years Curry averages 33 minutes with .5 blocks a game

Imagine if we could get 25 minutes out of James. Thats two blocks

The knicks potentially have a Centre that blocks. :beer:

Curry is instant offence. All we need is Isiah to bench Crawford. Move Q to the 2 spot and start Jeffries.

THAT TEAM WILL WIN

Marbury (18/5/2/1)
Q (15/7/1)
Jeffries (6/6/2/1/1)
Randolph (21/11/1)
James (8/7/2)

those are realistic

Bench

Crawford (15/3/3)
Curry (17/5/0)
Nate (12/2/2)
Lee (8/5)
Balkman (5/4/1/1)

THAT FOLKS WE HAVE IS A TEAM WITH CHEMISTRY... GET BEHIND IT

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
You people are surely on some crack. That back in the days, 1980's, PE night of the living basehead crack. Jerome James man... G.T.F.O.H...

Kiyaman

Legend
You people are surely on some crack. That back in the days, 1980's, PE night of the living basehead crack. Jerome James man... G.T.F.O.H...

Back in the days the Knicks traded C/PF-Lonnie Shelton to Seattle for C-Webster who performance was simular to Jerome James, but was usable with a good coach in Holzman.

Jerome James & Zach Randolph in the Frontcourt are some BIG-BODIES that cant be pushed around. There is something that Knick-Fans should accept about Jerome James and that is he fouls hard on every oponent big or small plus he dont stop defending to stay out of foul trouble. James is good for 4 to 5 fouls a game to let oponents know they cant walk through the Knicks like Curry & Zach been letting teams do by being afraid to pickup a foul so they can get as much playingtime as possible.

Rookie Morris also will keep his defensive game going no matter how many fouls he pick up, because he is in his learning stage in the NBA if the coach would give him some playingtime to at least average 3 fouls per game.

To play defence in this leage you have to be able to run the floor. How many times does Fat-Ass James run up and down the court before he's out of breath? Two three times? Can't get much D out of that, at least R.Morris would be able to run the floor and oh yeah IMPROVE! This is something Fat-Ass James is way past doing with his so called career(of ridding the pine).

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
if James fatass can get into decent shape and play 15 to 20 minutes I have no problem with that. At least hes not soft like Curry. And yes, Randolph Morris should be in there too. Curry should become the 3rd Center off the bench until he learns how to focus on defense more, thats if he ever does at this point.

Last edited:

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
if James fatass can get into decent shape and play 15 to 20 minutes I have no problem with that. At least hes not soft like Curry. And yes, Randolph Morris should be in there too. Curry should become the 3rd Center off the bench until he learns how to focus on defense more, thats if he ever does at this point.

Please shut the fuck up

As we all know, James fouls too much.

BUT, maybe his greatest asset is to motivate Curry. I wonder how Eddy will feel sitting on the bench watching Jerome playing.

Play James.