Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Knicks playing much better defense with Curry out of the lineup. The bigs are rotating and stringing the gaurds to the sidelines before running back to their man, or switching and resetting, like good defensive teams need to do. Don't necessarily need to block a lot of shots or steal to make defensive plays, as witnessed so far in this first half. Mostly every shot the Net's make are tough shots. And most of that is due to Lee and Zach helping appropriately to give the gaurds time to recover. If Curry does not see this is what he needs to also do, he will ultimately be the downfall of Isaiah. I have never seen a more clueless person in the NBA in my lifetime on defense than Eddy Curry. It's laughable how inept he is on that side.
    And i thought eddy was the franchise player. This shows that Eddy is the #1 problem with the team, they always play better defense with him on the bench. Take your time with that injury, Eddy. Fatass.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    And i thought eddy was the franchise player. This shows that Eddy is the #1 problem with the team, they always play better defense with him on the bench. Take your time with that injury, Eddy. Fatass.

I thought Curry would progress into at least a serviceable defensive player. Im not looking for him to be Dwight Howard. But I am looking for him to rotate correctly and protect the basket more than he does. If he at least did this, we'd be a force. It's up to him.

we mite win this 1!!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    we mite win this 1!!!
    Not if they don't come out of this stupid zone depending on our worst perimeter defender (Crawford) to cover large spaces and 6'11 sharpshooters.

Go back to the man and switching

Veteran

The Knicks supposed to be up by 15 on the Kiddless Nets.
    Why has Isiah been benching Nate Robinson, did Nate go out with his daughter? Nate is the Man 5 points in 4 minutes.
    Q.Rich just stole another rebound from Zach

knicks win....so what if the nets are kiddless, we donth have cuurry or randolph....maybe theis should b our starting lineup lol

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The Knicks supposed to be up by 15 on the Kiddless Nets.
    Why has Isiah been benching Nate Robinson, did Nate go out with his daughter? Nate is the Man 5 points in 4 minutes.
    Q.Rich just stole another rebound from Zach
    match up problems man, thats why they were in dat zone and after nochbar hit those 3's they benched nate and went back to man, and by the way, JAMAL IS A BALLER!!!!!!

wow idk if it was cuz we dirint have steph or curry...but we wond Zach did great Jamal thank god he hit that 3 if not i wouldent be liking him so much rite now and hey they did it 4 steph...

Nyk Logo great win!

No Marbury (RIP DON), no Curry- the nets no kidd and no kristic but the Knicks stroll into the IZOD center and beat the nets 100-93. There first road win, i have to say we needed this one bad, now we have a back to back against philly, i think both of them should be easy victories especially if curry is back, im not expecting steph back for a while. Great games from jamal and zach again way to take down the nets tonight. Jones, lee, Q, and Nate also played good games.

6-11 now.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nets are a terrible offensive team...Knicks still look ****ty even after getting the win.

Veteran

Finally a Road WIN!
    29 points for head-case Crawford! good game
    25 points for Zach
    Fred Jones stepped up to the plate and helped out Big Time for this WIN (15 points and a great job defending the passing lane.).
    Lets Go Knicks!!!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont care what anyone say, but Q.Rich got to go (Trade him), this guy is like all them leaves in front of my house that been giving me more work to do each weekend bagging them up.
    We got 6.2 Fred Jones now to replace Q.Richardson.
    It upsets me to see Q.Richardson standing next to a real SF like Richard Jefferson who adds a little of everything for his team.
    Your bias makes your posts stray into being obsurd. Seriously, Q-Rich has done everything rebounding assisted the ball, played killer D, so your best thought is to trade him? He has been one of the most consistant members of this squad. Once Q-Rich gets into a rhythm, he will be one of the biggest threats on this team. He's bought into the system. You can tell by how hard he plays night in, night out.

Good teams find ways to win. That's what happened here. We had really great ball movement. This team is ultimately better without Marbury, and possibly without Eddy Curry. I like everyone else should hope that we have guys that will do whatever is necessary to win. Marbury will never be that guy, and Curry is taken a massive step back. He still young, sure. I however am tired of that excuse. 24 is becoming 25 for Curry. He has to decide soon how we/history will remember him, winner or loser? We defended well tonight. if we can do this for the next against Philly back 2 back, Indiana, then a shorthanded Cleveland, then Charlotte, we could be back a .500 and playin with momentum and confidence. Let's hope we take this a game at a time and keep playing at a high level.

Fred Jones should be our starting shooting guard instead of Crawford. Crawford shot 7-17 and had 3 turnovers. Randolph shot a high percentage but he took a bad shot with about 2 minutes left and Q rich snatched that rebound from him.

New Jersey missin Kidd makes a big difference. If Kidd had played it would had been embarrassing. I think if Curry had played, we might had lost 2nite but if Kidd played we would need Marbury to have any chance. Without him, dont even play the game. Just give the Nets a win and take the night off.
    Go to the gym, get on that treadmill, do some sprints, and get the fat guys into shape.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Fred Jones should be our starting shooting guard instead of Crawford. Crawford shot 7-17 and had 3 turnovers. Randolph shot a high percentage but he took a bad shot with about 2 minutes left and Q rich snatched that rebound from him.

New Jersey missin Kidd makes a big difference. If Kidd had played it would had been embarrassing. I think if Curry had played, we might had lost 2nite but if Kidd played we would need Marbury to have any chance. Without him, dont even play the game. Just give the Nets a win and take the night off.
    Go to the gym, get on that treadmill, do some sprints, and get the fat guys into shape.

I would normally agree with that, but the way the team defended today gave me hope that maybe they still have fight in them. Rarely saw them running under screens (Crawfords favorite hiding space) . They helped just right much of the time, and did not allow one pick to create an open shot (which is usually our problem) I even saw a sequence in the fourth where they set a double screen for Vince by the 3pt line and Q left his man and gairded Vince, while Zach and Lee switched to pick up the other defenders. If they continue to build on the defense they played most of tonight, They will be more than fine.

If not, Isaiah will get fired.

How many points and rebounds did lee get tonight?? The last I checked I think he had 11 pts and 6 rebounds in the 3rd or 4th.I tivoed the game so I can watch it all but what I seen it really looked like they played like a team for once exspecially on defense.The defense was very good and Crawford and Randolpf really had good games.