New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread

Toons

is the Bo$$
knicks win....so what if the nets are kiddless, we donth have cuurry or randolph....maybe theis should b our starting lineup lol

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The Knicks supposed to be up by 15 on the Kiddless Nets.
Why has Isiah been benching Nate Robinson, did Nate go out with his daughter? Nate is the Man 5 points in 4 minutes.
Q.Rich just stole another rebound from Zach

match up problems man, thats why they were in dat zone and after nochbar hit those 3's they benched nate and went back to man, and by the way, JAMAL IS A BALLER!!!!!!

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow idk if it was cuz we dirint have steph or curry...but we wond Zach did great Jamal thank god he hit that 3 if not i wouldent be liking him so much rite now and hey they did it 4 steph...

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
great win!

No Marbury (RIP DON), no Curry- the nets no kidd and no kristic but the Knicks stroll into the IZOD center and beat the nets 100-93. There first road win, i have to say we needed this one bad, now we have a back to back against philly, i think both of them should be easy victories especially if curry is back, im not expecting steph back for a while. Great games from jamal and zach again way to take down the nets tonight. Jones, lee, Q, and Nate also played good games.

6-11 now.

Kiyaman

Legend
Finally a Road WIN!
29 points for head-case Crawford! good game
25 points for Zach
Fred Jones stepped up to the plate and helped out Big Time for this WIN (15 points and a great job defending the passing lane.).
Lets Go Knicks!!!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I dont care what anyone say, but Q.Rich got to go (Trade him), this guy is like all them leaves in front of my house that been giving me more work to do each weekend bagging them up.
We got 6.2 Fred Jones now to replace Q.Richardson.
It upsets me to see Q.Richardson standing next to a real SF like Richard Jefferson who adds a little of everything for his team.

Your bias makes your posts stray into being obsurd. Seriously, Q-Rich has done everything rebounding assisted the ball, played killer D, so your best thought is to trade him? He has been one of the most consistant members of this squad. Once Q-Rich gets into a rhythm, he will be one of the biggest threats on this team. He's bought into the system. You can tell by how hard he plays night in, night out.

Good teams find ways to win. That's what happened here. We had really great ball movement. This team is ultimately better without Marbury, and possibly without Eddy Curry. I like everyone else should hope that we have guys that will do whatever is necessary to win. Marbury will never be that guy, and Curry is taken a massive step back. He still young, sure. I however am tired of that excuse. 24 is becoming 25 for Curry. He has to decide soon how we/history will remember him, winner or loser? We defended well tonight. if we can do this for the next against Philly back 2 back, Indiana, then a shorthanded Cleveland, then Charlotte, we could be back a .500 and playin with momentum and confidence. Let's hope we take this a game at a time and keep playing at a high level.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Fred Jones should be our starting shooting guard instead of Crawford. Crawford shot 7-17 and had 3 turnovers. Randolph shot a high percentage but he took a bad shot with about 2 minutes left and Q rich snatched that rebound from him.

New Jersey missin Kidd makes a big difference. If Kidd had played it would had been embarrassing. I think if Curry had played, we might had lost 2nite but if Kidd played we would need Marbury to have any chance. Without him, dont even play the game. Just give the Nets a win and take the night off.
Go to the gym, get on that treadmill, do some sprints, and get the fat guys into shape.

Fred Jones should be our starting shooting guard instead of Crawford. Crawford shot 7-17 and had 3 turnovers. Randolph shot a high percentage but he took a bad shot with about 2 minutes left and Q rich snatched that rebound from him.

New Jersey missin Kidd makes a big difference. If Kidd had played it would had been embarrassing. I think if Curry had played, we might had lost 2nite but if Kidd played we would need Marbury to have any chance. Without him, dont even play the game. Just give the Nets a win and take the night off.
Go to the gym, get on that treadmill, do some sprints, and get the fat guys into shape.

I would normally agree with that, but the way the team defended today gave me hope that maybe they still have fight in them. Rarely saw them running under screens (Crawfords favorite hiding space) . They helped just right much of the time, and did not allow one pick to create an open shot (which is usually our problem) I even saw a sequence in the fourth where they set a double screen for Vince by the 3pt line and Q left his man and gairded Vince, while Zach and Lee switched to pick up the other defenders. If they continue to build on the defense they played most of tonight, They will be more than fine.

If not, Isaiah will get fired.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
How many points and rebounds did lee get tonight?? The last I checked I think he had 11 pts and 6 rebounds in the 3rd or 4th.I tivoed the game so I can watch it all but what I seen it really looked like they played like a team for once exspecially on defense.The defense was very good and Crawford and Randolpf really had good games.

knicks win....so what if the nets are kiddless, we donth have cuurry or randolph....maybe theis should b our starting lineup lol

You sounded a bit sarcastic there but I think Isiah should seriously consider this. The defensive intensity was great last night and the offesnse was flowing fluently. Had Curry palyed we would've kept force feeding the post which leads to everyone standing around and offensive stagnation. Godd win tonight.

6-11 with a back to back against the 76ers comming up...

8-11 anyone ?:thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, the two so-call Knick Franchise players "Marbury & Curry" did not play against the Nets, and the Knicks finally WON a road game.
This Knicks first Road WIN had nothing to do with the Missing of Marbury & Curry, it was because the Nets Coach, Floor Leader, Franchise Player, and best PG in the NBA was missing in action "Jason Kidd".
Plus the Nets played reckless ball all 48 minutes of the game.

Knick-Fans dont get happy over Jamal Crawford Performance in the Nets game. Crawford is still not as good as the average Guard in the NBA, this was one of those games that Crawford gives us every 20 games of the season when the next team have no leadership in the Backcourt.
It would have been a different story and a Knick Loss if either PG-Kidd or PG-Armstrong had played for the Nets.
When was the last time either of us seen Crawford take 14 shots from the Foul line in one game? 2, 3, or 4 seasons ago.
Crawford shot 7-17 from the FG, 3-8 on 3-pointers, and a season high 7 assists, and only 2 fouls in 45 minutes of playingtime. Which means if the Nets SG-Carter had another Guard beside him with the Green Light to score they would have tourched Crawford.

What was Q.Richardson doing for 40 minutes of the game? Nothing! SF-Richard Jefferson 31 points, SF-Mark Allen 13 points, and SF-Nachbar 16 points. We need Q.Richardson off this team, and far away from Knick Players.

Fred Jones took advantage of being a Starter and defended the passing lane so well that he put the "W" in this Knick Road WIN.

What's up with Isiah Thomas in just giving Nate Robinson only 6 minutes to score 7 points in this Nets game with a Nets team who had a PG (Gill) that Nate could have gotten 30 points in just 25 minutes. Crawford, Jones, and Q.Richardson did not have to play 40 or more minutes in this Nets game for the Knicks to WIN.

This game showed that Isiah Thomas should not be the Head Coach of this Knick Team, giving the bench-players only 31 minutes for 11 points, when all the offensive plays throughout the game were designed for just Zach & Crawford "One on One" talent (Nate Robinson made another mistake by scoring again, so his benching will continue.).

This has been the main reason Isiah Thomas coaching of 15 Knick players has been very POOR at getting team chemistry from the Knick roster, when a scouting report on the Nets had to show they were at the end of a Back to Back game where they struggled for the WIN over a Lebronless Cavs team lastnight with the BIG Help of Jason Kidd whom did not showup for this Knick game.

Isiah Thomas gave 3 halfcourt players on the Knicks 40 and more minutes against a Nets team that played an uptempo fast pace game the previous night inwhich aghausted their Franchise PG-Leader to the point where he could not even show up tonight and play vs Knicks.
Isiah Thomas coaching rotation was helping the Nets stay in the game for the final minutes of the fourth quarter.
Knick-Fans should know that if the Nets PG-Kidd or PG-Armstrong would have played for the Nets, that Isiah coaching & Rotation would have cost the Knicks this game in the 4th quarter by depending on 40 minutes of halfcourt offense from Zach, Q.Rich, and Crawford.
Lord knows we need a brighter Head Coach in New York...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Even though the Nets were without Kidd, you still have to recognize the effort the Knicks played with. Two big scorers (Crawford, Randolph) surrounded by hustle players is a more balanced starting lineup. My personal opinion is when you have more than three starters on the floor who need the ball to be effective, the play becomes stagnant with less ball movement and more individual play. I hope Eddy and Steph are out for many more games. If a winning streak begins (haha, who am I kidding?!?) with this more balanced lineup, Isiah will have to shake some things up. Yeah right. We all know Isiah will go back to the old, stagnant, no ball-movement lineup when everybody comes back.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
What's up with Isiah Thomas in just giving Nate Robinson only 6 minutes to score 7 points in this Nets game with a Nets team who had a PG (Gill) that Nate could have gotten 30 points in just 25 minutes. Crawford, Jones, and Q.Richardson did not have to play 40 or more minutes in this Nets game for the Knicks to WIN.

This game showed that Isiah Thomas should not be the Head Coach of this Knick Team, giving the bench-players only 31 minutes for 11 points, when all the offensive plays throughout the game were designed for just Zach & Crawford "One on One" talent (Nate Robinson made another mistake by scoring again, so his benching will continue.).

man do u really watch the game, yeah nate scored some baskets but on defense it was killing us, nate came in da game when eddie gill was in da game but when eddie gill got in foul trouble that forced the knicks to play that 2-3 zone which lead to the nets cutting the 14 point lead to 7 after the back to back nachbars 3 pointers, it was just the match ups dat limited nate in DIS GAME.....

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I hope Eddy and Steph are out for many more games. If a winning streak begins (haha, who am I kidding?!?) with this more balanced lineup, Isiah will have to shake some things up. Yeah right. We all know Isiah will go back to the old, stagnant, no ball-movement lineup when everybody comes back.

Yupp. But its unfortunate cause Isiah doesn't see that... He is a bad GM. The reason why there is no ball movement is because of the two problem players we have EC and Stephon Marbury. Marbury passes it to EC. Curry either shoots it, turns it over, passes it out, and the same things are done over again... then the knicks SLOWLY swing the ball around the perimeter..... no effort.

I remember the late mid 90s , when the ball was quickly and accurately passed among the knick players to find an open man.... But now wit Marbury its a slow paced offense.

Its a coaching error, and since Marbury can't make plays for others thats why we are in the situation we are in right now. I say trade MARBS and EC to Philly like said in your thread.

Kiyaman

Legend
Your bias makes your posts stray into being obsurd. Seriously, Q-Rich has done everything rebounding assisted the ball, played killer D, so your best thought is to trade him? He has been one of the most consistant members of this squad. Once Q-Rich gets into a rhythm, he will be one of the biggest threats on this team. He's bought into the system. You can tell by how hard he plays night in, night out.

What game have you been watching, or what Richardson player in the NBA are you talking about? It can't be the Q.Richardson that is in his third season with the Knicks and only played decent B-Ball for only two months (2006 November & December) since becomming a Knick. The so call Q.Rich "Back-Injury" has played out its the same as the Nets Head Coach Jason Kidd "Migrane" which is a different story which will make head lines because the majority of his teammates stand behind him on everything (maybe that's why the Knicks was finally able to beat the Nets).

Marbury is a selfish uncoachable player, Crawford is a Soft One on One Street Ballin Nut, Curry is softer than Butter, Zach is LAZY,
But Q.Richardson is a NBA BUM that has no trade value in the NBA (Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza, and rookie David Lee played 100% better than Q.Richardson's first season as a Knick. Coach Larry Brown Firing and 23 WIN season had alot to do with him Starting Bum Q.Richardson and playing him for 30 MPG.
Q.Richardson & Davis did not want to be a Knick and showed it consistently in their performance their first season as a Knick.
Q.Richardson performance was so BAD the Knicks was forced to make the trade for "Jalen Rose".