If our Leader starts tonight, what would you think of him?

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
If Steph starts tonight or even plays at all, or just shows up to be with the team; do you think this will help his leadership role? Will he gain more respect from fans and team mates? maybe even his coach? Berbury of the NYPost says Steph may play.

I want Steph to succeed and I wish it were with this team but something has to change. Was this tragedy the turning point?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know if its the turning point and the people that say Steph is a cancer everyplace he goes are wrong. If he stayed in Pheonix they would have been successful. Amare was only a rookie then. I dont think they would be as good as they are with Nash. Its not that Nash is a better player, but hes a better playmaker which makes him a better point guard. Most teams would still be happy to have a point guard like Marbury. I hope he plays tonight if thats what he wants to do.

I think the rest of the team is at fault more then Marbury. They stand around too much, especially Zach and Eddy. Q and Crawford cant hit their shots most of the time. A player like Mike Bibby or Jason Williams would not make this team any better. They are both a step or 2 down from Marbury. How would Jason Kidd do on this team? HE wouldnt have RJ and Carter flyin down the court lookin for ally oops. He would have Q and Crawford (no more ally oops) and Zach and Eddy who are both slow.

Besides Marbury, Fred Jones, and Jared Jeffries every player has been a dissapointment so far. This excludes Morris becuase he doesnt get any playing time even though he should.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well idk i just hope steph can play good ball man...4 his dad...if that happen 2 me while my dad was watching me play ball ill make sure 2 show my dad he still can go watch my games...from up there...but its easier said than done

GetRealistic

Starter
Ok

Hawks
Celtics
Cavs
Clippers
Lakers
Grizzlies
Heat
Timberwolves
Magic
Kings
Sonics
76ers
TrailBlazers

Hawks - Possibly but probably not, because they wouldn?t want him around all those young guys.

Celtics- Absolutely not. Garnett knows Marbury is a cancer, plus Rondo is great on D and quick with penetration.

Cavs- Yes

Clippers- nope, has a solid veteran in Cassell and Shaun Livingston will be back eventually.

Lakers- Possibly, but do you really think Marbury could play in the triangle offense.

Grizzles- No way, Mike Connelly Jr, and Kyle Lowry are both young and talented.

Heat- Yes, but not for at he's making.

TWolves- No way, young core and Randy Foye.

Magic- No way, Nelson is better

Kings- Slight chance, They?d take him if we took contracts like Kenny Thomas, Brad Miller, etc.

Sonics- No way, again young nucleus so they wouldn?t want Mr. Cancer. Also they have Delonte West.

76ers- highly doubtful, Andre Miller is superior anyway.

Blazers- Same as all the other young teams.

metrocard

Legend
When someone thinks Jameer Nelson is better than Marbury, they're lacking a lot of knowledge around the NBA.

To add to that, Marbury has already proven he can play with in an offense.

Marbury has become one of the most unselfish PG's in the NBA today, by giving up his style of a 20 and 8 player who pound the ball inside. Instead, Marbury lets Eddy Curry do all the pounding inside. What kind of offense that led to? well, we're averaging 92 points per game this season. Is it Marbury's fault Eddy Curry is a shitty first option with limited offensive ability? Marbury said it himself this is Curry's team, and Curry has shown no responsiblity.

Idiotic Isiahsexuals and insane media people have made it seem like its Marbury's team, well Isiah has constantly told us he's trying to build this team around Curry. LOL, Curry is barely our 3rd best player on the roster...Isiah's an ass for even attempting that.

But you guys still stereotype Marbury as being selfish when he gave up his role as the best player on the team to be a get the ball to Curry PG?

Delonte West is a combo guard.

Marbury is better than Jack, Rodriguez and Blake combined.

Marbury is better than Miller, Miller is old, slow, can't shoot and his passing isn't as effective anymore.

Rando over Marbury? Rando can't even shoot a basketball.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wouldnt even count that game, the whole team sucked. And Marbury was guarding Ray Allen.

You cant even try to compare Rondo and Marbury. Next to Cassell, Rondo is the ugliest looking guard in the league. There is nothing Rondo can do better then Marbury. He gets blocked all the time too, you see that block Fred Jones had on him? Did you know Rondo has not hit one 3 pointer yet this year?