Interesting Newsday trade idea

LJ4ptplay

Starter
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spberg065489702dec06,0,2120248.column

Ken Berger of Newsday proposed an interesting trade idead. Marbury and Curry for Andre Miller and Samuel Dalembert. I kind of like this idea. I've always thought Miller was an underrated point guard and Dalembert would give us some much needed defense in the paint. What do you all think? The only question I have is, isn't Larry Brown part of the Sixers' organization? If he is, I doubt he would allow any trades with Isiah. Paricularly for Curry and Marbury, two players he did not like when he was with the Knicks.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
it doesnt sound bad, but doesnt Dalembert get hurt all the time? Im gonna check to see how many games he plays a year. It would be great if we could get rid of Curry, if he played last night we wouldve lost. He is the biggest problem on both ends of the court, he slows down the offense and destroys any possibility of the knicks playing an average team defense.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
it doesnt sound bad, but doesnt Dalembert get hurt all the time? Im gonna check to see how many games he plays a year. It would be great if we could get rid of Curry, if he played last night we wouldve lost. He is the biggest problem on both ends of the court, he slows down the offense and destroys any possibility of the knicks playing an average team defense.

You're right. He is a little injury prone. He is averaging 10.9 points, 8.7 rebounds and 2.2 blocks this year. A healthy Dalembert is just what the Knicks need to play alongside Randolph. Add in a more team-oriented point guard in Andre Miller and the Knicks become a more balanced team.

PG - Miller
SG - Crawford (or Q. Rich. Take your pick)
SF - Fred Jones (or Balkman. Take your pick)
PF - Randolph
C - Dalembert

I like the looks of this lineup. Well balanced with offense and defense, lead by a good facilitator.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I agree that this could be the 2 players that could balance this roster off. Also, that this could be a win win trade for both teams. Curry could actually bring the low post offense that the 76ers desperately need and they like to run and gun as well so that would suite Curry better. Marbury brings in a huge cap clearance for the team that takes his expiring contract, but Philly would need, at least, another 20 mil in contracts to meet the salary requirements. Marbury's contract by itself covers both Dalembert and miller!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
GREAT!!! I like this trade a lot. It brings leadership, and it brings a lot of experience on defense for both players. I would be happy to have Samuel of this team. With his work ethic he can become a better offensive player. DEFENSIVE is what I like about Samuel. But the injury prone is what I would be worried about. EC Is a great match for the 76ers. and Samuel is a great match for us.

Good find LJ.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I agree that this could be the 2 players that could balance this roster off. Also, that this could be a win win trade for both teams. Curry could actually bring the low post offense that the 76ers desperately need and they like to run and gun as well so that would suite Curry better. Marbury brings in a huge cap clearance for the team that takes his expiring contract, but Philly would need, at least, another 20 mil in contracts to meet the salary requirements. Marbury's contract by itself covers both Dalembert and miller!

This would work:

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4323065

This would also work with Kyle Korver instead of Reggie Evans. I would prefer Korver (good 3-point shooter) but I don't think Philly would make that trade. Taking Reggie Evans salary would intice Philly more.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow not bad not bad...and dalembert...i never did like him and i always liked curry...i mean yea the trade would be good and Zach can have more space and more offensive...and yea dalembert can block and stuff and miller man i love this kids passing...but yea dam i would hate 2 see curry leave if he does i guess philly gonna be in my top 3...and dam well idk it would be betta 4 us..doubt its gonna happen dow

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
How can you trade your best scorer for two role players...The only thing I'd do is Curry straight up for Dalembert...But I'll only trade Crawford if I'm getting back Kobe!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
If only we could include Crawford in the deal and someone else to get AI (the other AI) (No, not Allen Iverson) (andre Iguodala:thumbsup:)

Andre Miller
AI
Q-Rich
Zach Winslow
Eddy Winslow (more like Carl)

Crawfords new name is Steve Urkle cuz he looks like a nerd when he tries to play defense.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
How can you trade your best scorer for two role players...The only thing I'd do is Curry straight up for Dalembert...But I'll only trade Crawford if I'm getting back Kobe!

Curry and Marbury are not our best scorers. Besides, this team needs more defense and role players who can play well without the ball. We have too many one on one scorers as it is. Bringing these two players would bring in more balance. Apparantly Philly wants to get rid of these players. Unfortunately, I don't see Isiah making any moves. He's gonna ride this ship 'til it crashes and burns. Plus, trading Eddy would mean that Isiah would have to accept the huge mistake of trading so much for Eddy and believing that he could be a franchise player. Isiah is too stubborn for that.

metrocard

Legend
Due to New York and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only New York met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

That trade won't work.

So how about we kill two birds with one stone?

Knicks trade
Crawford
Curry

76ers trade
Dalembert
Ollie
First rounder

76ers
PG - Miller
SG - Iggy
SF - Korver
PF - Evans
C - Curry

6th
Crawford

Knicks
PG - Marbury/Robinson/Collins
SG - Richardson/Jones
SF - Balkman/Jefferies/Chandler
PF - Randolph/Lee
C - Dalembert/Morris

We improve our defensively IMMENSELY and get a first rounder.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like it but Q-rich is gonna have to start playin better to guard 2-guards. I hope he gets his step back but it hasnt looked good so far. Still, I would make the deal. They could have Balkmen guard 2's so Q Rich can still guard 3s Curry and crawford need to go. Curry is a fat ass-shit and Crawford plays good once every 10 games. Its almost allways low shooting percentages even when he scores in the upper 20's as seen last night when he shot 7-17 (3 turnovers), bad defense but he hit his free throws. Overall he sucks as a player and hes belongs on the bench. He should not be in the starting lineup on any team and anyone who likes him is a Crawfordsexual.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Due to New York and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Philadelphia had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did not happen here (only New York met the condition). This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

That trade won't work.

So how about we kill two birds with one stone?

Knicks trade
Crawford
Curry

76ers trade
Dalembert
Ollie
First rounder

76ers
PG - Miller
SG - Iggy
SF - Korver
PF - Evans
C - Curry

6th
Crawford

Knicks
PG - Marbury/Robinson/Collins
SG - Richardson/Jones
SF - Balkman/Jefferies/Chandler
PF - Randolph/Lee
C - Dalembert/Morris

We improve our defensively IMMENSELY and get a first rounder.

If you read my previous thread, you would have seen that taking Reggie Evans from Philly would satisfy the NBA trade requirements.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4323065

I know you really like Marbury, but sorry, he has to be one of the players that needs to go in order for this franchise to improve. Andre Miller is a good point guard. He has practically the same stats as Marbury this year and is a much better team player. Philly would prefer to have Marbury because he has only one year left on his contract and Crawford has 3. Philly is going to try to dump salary and I don't think they would take Crawford.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
man well c how they play against us 2day and then ill go :thumbsup: on the trade

well actually I have no comments on what u said.

I just wanna let you know that you win

You got one of the hottes models as your sig and you got maybe the greatest rapper ever as your avatar.

I recommend this mixtape, its got some Big L but in the mid 90's, this was his crew COC (Children of the corn). You might already have this but if you dont its got Camron, Mase, Mcgruff and Bloodshed (R.I.P.). Mase and Cam were nice back then, the mixtape is free.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
lolz haha thanks man...and yea i have it...i have like Every L song...
<embed src="http://www.datpiff.com/embed/6474/" height="200" width="538">
Download Mixtape | Provided by DatPiff.com

U should listen 2 that mixtape...J love did some hot blends on some tracks...
and the Eva Mendes part...omg...idk...shes sexy! lolz and Vida Guarra 2 :afro:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
okay Metro.... Why would the sixers even want Jamal Crawford..... Just get over it Marbury will be have to be traded for this team to succeed.

metrocard

Legend
okay Metro.... Why would the sixers even want Jamal Crawford..... Just get over it Marbury will be have to be traded for this team to succeed.

They need offense.

Marbury is the best guard on this team, with one year left his contract. We don't need to trade him, unless its for an expiring. Crawford and Richardson have extra years and should be moved, along with Curry.

The hate on Marbury is so corny.