Hollinger Projections = 1.7% Chance Knicks in Playoffs

Starks

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Ouch! Hollinger's projections are used by Front Office decsision makers and for Thinking fans. He's pretty dull when he writes anything, but his advanced metrics are similar to the "Money Ball" formula Billy Beane is famous for with the Oakland Athletics.

EX:
(Points x 1.0) + (FGM x 0.4) + (FGA x -0.7) + ((FTA-FTM) x -0.4) + (OREB x 0.7) + (DREB x 0.3) + (STL x 1.0) + (AST x 0.7) + (BLK x 0.7) + (PF x -0.4) + (TO x -1.0)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Knicks 15-67 theres no way... Charlotte has a good chance of makin it to the Playoffs.... I dont know what he is talkin about...

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
WOW! i c us doing better than last season or close...but that bad?! wow were not last years boston man...that dude can go suck me off man he on something serious...i mean wow! this shows y math is never rite...lolz

metrocard

Legend
Playoff teams =

Celtics
Magic
Pistons
Raptors
Cavs
Wizards
Pacers
Hawks

^ Thats a LOCK for the playoffs.

I agree with Hollinger's west predictions too. Hollinger is the fucking man.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
formula this.... and formula that, when you look at the records and games lost, the knicks r only 2 games or less behind in the lost column to every team except bos. det. & orl. Now i'm not saying that will remain the case, i'm not saying that the knicks will surge past them or wateva.. All i'm saying is Hollinger is a piece of shit. who will never give the knicks their due... if the ball bounced a different way, the knicks could have a minimum of 4 more wins than they do now (Cleveland; Miami; Sacramento; and the Clippers) and a record of 10-7... Now the only reason I bring this up is because these reporters and you so called "fans" really act as if the knicks have been getting blown out each game and haven't been competive at all. and thats just not the case.

metrocard

Legend
formula this.... and formula that, when you look at the records and games lost, the knicks r only 2 games or less behind in the lost column to every team except bos. det. & orl. Now i'm not saying that will remain the case, i'm not saying that the knicks will surge past them or wateva.. All i'm saying is Hollinger is a piece of shit. who will never give the knicks their due... if the ball bounced a different way, the knicks could have a minimum of 4 more wins than they do now (Cleveland; Miami; Sacramento; and the Clippers) and a record of 10-7... Now the only reason I bring this up is because these reporters and you so called "fans" really act as if the knicks have been getting blown out each game and haven't been competive at all. and thats just not the case.

Averaging 92 points per game and giving up 101 points per game isn't playing "competitive"

Stats, re-watching game play, and reading articles, they all contradict your weird ass illusion that the Knicks are competitive, a team "potentially" .500, and potentially a playoff contenders.

Can you just dip with the other Isiahsexuals? No one wants to read what ifs or propaganda that covers Isiah's ass. Isiah won't be here. I'm just counting down the days till he gets terminated.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Averaging 92 points per game and giving up 101 points per game isn't playing "competitive"

Stats, re-watching game play, and reading articles, they all contradict your weird ass illusion that the Knicks are competitive, a team "potentially" .500, and potentially a playoff contenders.

Can you just dip with the other Isiahsexuals? No one wants to read what ifs or propaganda that covers Isiah's ass. Isiah won't be here. I'm just counting down the days till he gets terminated.

As usual you are do not read and comprehend what is written... That is a fundamental thing that you should learn homie ...

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow man this like forum is all about HATE! if u like Isiah u hate Marbury u like Curry u hate zach Randolph...u like lee u hate Isiah u like steph u hate Isiah...u like Q Rich u hate jamal...idk man but god im like the only 1 that like likes everyone in the TEAM! we just need 2 start playing like a team and i c us gettin easy 40 2 50 wins

metrocard

Legend
wow man this like forum is all about HATE! if u like Isiah u hate Marbury u like Curry u hate zach Randolph...u like lee u hate Isiah u like steph u hate Isiah...u like Q Rich u hate jamal...idk man but god im like the only 1 that like likes everyone in the TEAM! we just need 2 start playing like a team and i c us gettin easy 40 2 50 wins

You like losing?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Reggie Miller said it best. The Knicks are the joke of the league, individual talent that will never be able to play together. With the exception of Zach Randolph and Fred Jones, alot of players have been their a couple of years and if Isiahs experiment was going to work, it would have worked this year. This loss tonight is more evidence that they suck. This team sucks at playing defense and their offense is sad. The starting 5 should be able to score more points then they do but several players have conditioning and mental problems. Theres no hope for Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, and Eddy Curry. Things are lookin bad for Q-Rich, Marbury is the only player who plays defense and scores. This makes him the only "complete" player on the team. The problem is everyone else, this team needs to get rid of the 3 cancers. Until they do, isiahsexuals are going to have to dream about the playoffs cuz we wont be seeing them.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Reggie Miller said it best. The Knicks are the joke of the league, individual talent that will never be able to play together. With the exception of Zach Randolph and Fred Jones, alot of players have been their a couple of years and if Isiahs experiment was going to work, it would have worked this year. This loss tonight is more evidence that they suck. This team sucks at playing defense and their offense is sad. The starting 5 should be able to score more points then they do but several players have conditioning and mental problems. Theres no hope for Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, and Eddy Curry. Things are lookin bad for Q-Rich, Marbury is the only player who plays defense and scores. This makes him the only "complete" player on the team. The problem is everyone else, this team needs to get rid of the 3 cancers. Until they do, isiahsexuals are going to have to dream about the playoffs cuz we wont be seeing them.
wow...well said...its true man every player in the team can easily average 20 points is just that we just cant play 2gether...its like getting 2 guys from diffrent countries and expect them 2 play good 2gether when they cant even understand each other...we got good players but just a bad team