New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers Game Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Guess whos Bizzack with your game thread for the Knicks and 76ers game?
Im MSGKnickz33 and Im gonna break down tomorrow nights game. Stephon Marbury is now expected to play Friday night despite the fact that the funeral for his father was yesterday. Eddy Curry is expected to play after spraining his ankle while running in practice on Wednesday.

Philadelphia is considered by many to be the worst team in the Eastern Conference. They play good defense however and they are a tougher team than what their record indicates.

Philadelphia 76ers Starting Lineup:

At Point guard, Andre Miller
At shooting guard, Willie Green
At small forward, Andre Iguodala
At power forward, Reggie Evans
At center, Samuel Dalembert

Now lets take a look at the starting lineups for our New York Knicks!!!!!

At point guard, Stephon Marbury
At shooting guard, Fred Jones
At small forward, Quentin Richardson
At power forward, Zach Randolph
And at center, Eddy Curry

Lets take a look at what the Knicks need to do to get the win and improve to a 7 and 11 record.

• Philadelphia is not a good offensive team only averaging 91.5 points. Dont let them become a good offensive team.
  • The 76ers are the 8th best team in the league defensively so move the ball around, look for good shots, and take care of the ball.
  • Be Aware!!!! Samuel Dalembert is averaging over 2 blocks a game. The Knicks should not force the ball into Curry as much as they normally do because he will have an excellent defender on him. Look for other options.
  • Look to double AI: Iguodala has proven that he can score and Q-Rich might have problems with him. The team needs to recognize this and look to help Richardson.
What does each player need to do?

Stephon Marbury needs to bring his tough defense and look to score when the Knicks need offense.

Jamal Crawford needs to watch Willie Green on the perimeter. Green is not a big name starting shooting guard, but he did have 23 points in a recent game although hes only averaging about 12 points a game so far this season.

Quentin Richardson needs to continue to play with alot of heart and emotion. This team needs his leadership. With the minutes Isiah is giving him, Q needs to start shooting better. Iguodala might get switched at some point in the game and have to guard Crawford so Q should look to attack whoever they put on him, possibly Korver. He needs to break out of this slump.

Zach Randolph needs to keep his body on Reggie Evans. Evans is a monster on the boards. He does not have much of an offensive game but hes a physical defender. Zach cannot match Evans physically, so he needs to look to shoot. Also, when Zach is being double or triple teamed he needs to give the ball up immediately. He shot well last night (10-15), but he took a bad shot at the end of the game that could have easily been avoided.

Eddy Curry needs to focus on defense and make sure this 76ers team does not score more points then they should. Samuel Dalembert is a good defender, so Curry should not look to score as much similar to the New Jersey game had he played. Its another good oppertunity for Eddy to work on his defense.

The biggest factor coming off the bench for the Knicks will be Renaldo Balkmen. The 76ers will bring Kyle Korver off the bench who is a pure shooter. Balkmens job will be to bring his normal energy and contain Korver. Louis Williams is a tough young guard who will also be coming off the bench for Philadelphia. He can score as seen with his 18 points off the bench against the Celtics on Wednesday night. Because he is 6'2", maybe Nate Robinson will get some playing time when Williams is on the court.

The Knicks will play the 76ers again at home Saturday night. This will be a good chance for them to obtain a 8 and 11 record which is just 3 games under 500. They need to take advantage of an opponent with less talent by jumping on them early and not giving them a chance. As a team, the Knicks should be embarassed by their record. Although alot of pieces dont fit together, they should still be a 500 team heading towards a playoff birth.

Tune in at 7:00 tomorrow night on MSG to watch the Knicks take on the 76ers in Philadelphia. I'm MsgKNicks33 and I thank you for joining me.

R.I.P. Don Marbury

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Back to Back Games vs 76ers should prove what this Knick Team is made out of in playing a team in a series, the coach and his rotating players being on the same page.

The 76ers best qualities are their Defense.
PG-Andre Miller is not the player you want on the court when the game is on the line. His best games are against Marbury.

Green & Kover love the Knicks poor defense on the peremeter.

Igoudala is the player that brings the energy to this 76er team.

Evans is a strong-force in the paint if weakness is showed.

Dalembert career best is against defending Curry.

What PLAN do Head Coach Isiah Thomas have for the two Game series against a 5-13 Philadelphia 76ers Division team that loss their last 3 games? should let us know if Isiah Knicks are preparing for Post Season Presence this season.

Will Head Coach Isiah Thomas look for Crawford & Zach on offense vs Miller & Dalembert Defense?
Isiah Thomas has a problem with repeating the same offensive plan from the previous game WIN, it's been unsuccessful for this Knick Team. Especially if it is the same plan that was used on a Nets Team that has Political Team Problems with their Leader.

The next two Knick games vs 76er's (No Matter our Roster) should give us an idea of how well our Head Coach Post Season Thinking is, and how well his hand pick players respond to his design plan on a "Back to Back" Game vs the same team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Who does better game threads on the internet than MSG33? Stand the fuck up.

I forgot to comment about the bench, but its been fixed. I added a paragraph after my analysis of what Curry should do.

I thank you for supportin my game threads, I will stand the fuck up from now until the game goes on.

Trin_Starr

Starter
MARBURY IS PLAYING TONIGHT.

"Last night I was asking myself if I am making the right decision. Do I need more time? Eventually I'm going to have to start playing, so why not jump right into the fire?"

Now that's serious!! Steph ain't playin'

Trin_Starr

Starter
I still can't believe it.
Yesterday was the funeral.
Today the dude is playing.

wow - say what you want about Marbury - but he has the knicks at heart man! damn...that's takin' sh#t to a whole other level :)

LJ4ptplay

Starter
MARBURY IS PLAYING TONIGHT.

"Last night I was asking myself if I am making the right decision. Do I need more time? Eventually I'm going to have to start playing, so why not jump right into the fire?"

Now that's serious!! Steph ain't playin'

Crap! I was hoping for Marbury and Curry to be out for a while. Since they're both playing means that the Knicks will return to a stagnant one on one offensive scheme with no ball movement.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
Back to Back Games vs 76ers should prove what this Knick Team is made out of in playing a team in a series, the coach and his rotating players being on the same page.

The 76ers best qualities are their Defense.
PG-Andre Miller is not the player you want on the court when the game is on the line. His best games are against Marbury.

Dalembert career best is against defending Curry.

please back this up with some evidence. im pretty sure i distinctly remember dalembert fouling out against curry in the past season.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
lolz wow well yea i hope we get these 2 wins...but then again all the time when the Knicks are supposed 2 win they lose >_>

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Knicks up 27 to 26, crappy 1st quarter. Im not impressed, the Knicks are already gettin killed on the boards. I cant believe they have no turnovers so far.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Its time for the halftime show. Im your host Jazzy Jeff and Im here to break down the first half.

Philadelphia Leads 53 to 49

Lets start by lookin at the halftime Stats.

Philadelphia 76ers:

Samuel Dalembert-12pts, 7rbs, 3blks
Andre Miller-6pts, 8asts, 6rbs
Reggie Evans-9pts, 5rbs

New York Knicks

Eddy Curry-9pts, 5rbs, 1blk
Jamal Crawford-9pts, 6asts
Fred Jones-8pts, 2asts, 2rbs
Quentin Richardson-9pts, 4rbs

The Knicks did not play good defense in the first half. As I mentioned in my pregame show, Philadelphia is not a good team offensively so the Knicks should not have allowed them to score 53 points. A couple of players on the team need to step up their effort. As a player, you need to recognize that your job is not just to score, but to prevent the opposing team from scoring also.

Offensively, the Knicks played average. They missed alot of easy shots although some of them right under the basket were contested by Dalembert. The Knicks have still done a good job of moving the ball around and they should be happy with their fg percentage (45.8%).

In the second half, they need to focus more on defense. Dalembert should not have 12 points. He is an excellent defender (3 blocks), but in no way is he known for his offense. He usually does not score 12 points in a whole game so the Knicks need to get a body on him in the 2nd half. Reggie Evans is another player who should not have 9 points. The Knicks big guys are giving up too many points to the normally offensively challenged 76ers big guys.

Thanks for joining me, catch me after the game for postgame analysis and find out who the player of the game is.

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah Thomas Just showed that he is not a Postseason Coach or a NBA Coach in this LOSS to Philly.

Isiah Thomas Just showed that he is not a Postseason Coach or a NBA Coach in this LOSS to Philly.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Knicks Lose: Drop to 6 and 12

A very dissapointing loss for the Knicks. The Knicks blew an easy oppertunity to put together a winning streak. Even though Stephon Marbury did not play most of the game, the rest of the team should have been able to get this win. The Knicks played poorly on both ends of the court. The second half was embarrassing and hopefully Knick fans will get to see a more entertaining game tomorrow night.

Lets break down the game and take a look at the stats:

Philadelphia 76ers

Samuel Dalembert-20pts, 8rbs, 3blks
Reggie Evans-11pts, 12rbs
Louis Williams-15pts, 6asts
Andre Miller-9pts, 11asts, 7rbs

New York Knicks

Jamal Crawford-28pts, 8asts
Eddy Curry-12pts, 5rbs
David Lee-16pts, 11rbs, 3stls
Quentin Richardson-15pts(6-16), 8rbs

Tonights Player of the game: David Lee

Lee was the only player who played good tonight. The rest of the team did not bring enough energy and heart to the game. They were terrible on both ends of the court. The Knicks gave up 101 points while they managed to score 90 points. Crawford chose to play well on offense tonight, but his defense was nowhere to be seen as was the rest of the teams.

The Knicks gave up 20 points to Samuel Dalembert, a player who usually scores around 10 points a game. Again, the defense was not present and head coach Isiah Thomas needs to get on several players for their lack of effort.

Zach Randolph had struggled tonight. Reggie Evans outscored him, out rebounded him, and outplayed him. Zach had his worst game of the season, only scoring 4 points (2-11) even though he played 27 minutes.

Eddy Curry was not a factor in the 2nd half. He needs to find a way to stay focuse and interested for 4 quarters of a game. It is now known that he sprained his ankle by tripping on the freethrow line in the afternoon shootaround before Wednesdays game against the New Jersey Nets. Curry only played 26 minutes tonight.

Catch me tomorrow afternoon for my preview of tomorrow nights rematch of the 76ers vs the Knicks, this time in New York. Thanks for joining me and have yourselves a good night.

Kiyaman

Legend
please back this up with some evidence. im pretty sure i distinctly remember dalembert fouling out against curry in the past season.

Was this game enough evidence for you.

Why is Marbury playing?
He should be able to Practice with the team to get himself mentally intact over the lost of his Pops, but he should not be at any of the Knicks next 5 games. His Papa Funeral was yesterday.
Even if he says he wants to play, any comon-sense coach would tell him to go home and just relax.

This Knick Team is a Failure because Isiah Thomas is a Failure...

metrocard

Legend
Randolph had his worst preformance of the season.

Evans isn't a lockdown defender, he's just a banger with limited basketball ability...a 6"7 PF.

Randolph should of dominated this match up. He has a problem of becoming a black hole in the offense and not playing within the offense. He's the Jamal Crawford of the PF position. Taking off balanced, akward and low percentage shots.

His defense, well we can't talk about Randolph's defense, its not there.

We just don't play good as a team with Randolph and Crawford on the Court. Crawford can have a good game, but it doesn't make us a competitive team. Crawford plays by himself, shows no intensity or maximal effort on defense. Good or bad game, Crawford will be Crawford. As long Crawford is the starting SG of this team, we will be a team under .500. Its been like this for 3 years already. What makes you think it will change now? We're 6-12.

I can't even talk about Curry.

I just hope something happens, even an injury. I want to see Lee, Chandler, Robinson, and Balkman get max minutes...see Isiah get fired the worst way possible, watch Dolan die a slow death, and have us tank the season and move on from this mess. Any fake Knick fan or Isiahsexual who still is brainwashed to believe theres still something capable of this roster or something magical about "Isiah's plan" need to get the hell out too. Its pretty much a sad thing I'm still watching Curry and Crawford in Knick uniforms and Isiah as a head coach; a head coach with no plan on offense or defense. We play the same way every game.