Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers Game Thread

jamal is the only baller on this squad, david lee did his thing too though

Veteran

Isiah Thomas Just showed that he is not a Postseason Coach or a NBA Coach in this LOSS to Philly.

Isiah Thomas Just showed that he is not a Postseason Coach or a NBA Coach in this LOSS to Philly.

Knicks Lose: Drop to 6 and 12

A very dissapointing loss for the Knicks. The Knicks blew an easy oppertunity to put together a winning streak. Even though Stephon Marbury did not play most of the game, the rest of the team should have been able to get this win. The Knicks played poorly on both ends of the court. The second half was embarrassing and hopefully Knick fans will get to see a more entertaining game tomorrow night.

Lets break down the game and take a look at the stats:

Philadelphia 76ers

Samuel Dalembert-20pts, 8rbs, 3blks
    Reggie Evans-11pts, 12rbs
    Louis Williams-15pts, 6asts
    Andre Miller-9pts, 11asts, 7rbs

New York Knicks

Jamal Crawford-28pts, 8asts
    Eddy Curry-12pts, 5rbs
    David Lee-16pts, 11rbs, 3stls
    Quentin Richardson-15pts(6-16), 8rbs

Tonights Player of the game: David Lee

Lee was the only player who played good tonight. The rest of the team did not bring enough energy and heart to the game. They were terrible on both ends of the court. The Knicks gave up 101 points while they managed to score 90 points. Crawford chose to play well on offense tonight, but his defense was nowhere to be seen as was the rest of the teams.

The Knicks gave up 20 points to Samuel Dalembert, a player who usually scores around 10 points a game. Again, the defense was not present and head coach Isiah Thomas needs to get on several players for their lack of effort.

Zach Randolph had struggled tonight. Reggie Evans outscored him, out rebounded him, and outplayed him. Zach had his worst game of the season, only scoring 4 points (2-11) even though he played 27 minutes.

Eddy Curry was not a factor in the 2nd half. He needs to find a way to stay focuse and interested for 4 quarters of a game. It is now known that he sprained his ankle by tripping on the freethrow line in the afternoon shootaround before Wednesdays game against the New Jersey Nets. Curry only played 26 minutes tonight.

Catch me tomorrow afternoon for my preview of tomorrow nights rematch of the 76ers vs the Knicks, this time in New York. Thanks for joining me and have yourselves a good night.

Veteran

Game Thread

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    please back this up with some evidence. im pretty sure i distinctly remember dalembert fouling out against curry in the past season.
    Was this game enough evidence for you.

Why is Marbury playing?
    He should be able to Practice with the team to get himself mentally intact over the lost of his Pops, but he should not be at any of the Knicks next 5 games. His Papa Funeral was yesterday.
    Even if he says he wants to play, any comon-sense coach would tell him to go home and just relax.

This Knick Team is a Failure because Isiah Thomas is a Failure...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Randolph had his worst preformance of the season.

Evans isn't a lockdown defender, he's just a banger with limited basketball ability...a 6"7 PF.

Randolph should of dominated this match up. He has a problem of becoming a black hole in the offense and not playing within the offense. He's the Jamal Crawford of the PF position. Taking off balanced, akward and low percentage shots.

His defense, well we can't talk about Randolph's defense, its not there.

We just don't play good as a team with Randolph and Crawford on the Court. Crawford can have a good game, but it doesn't make us a competitive team. Crawford plays by himself, shows no intensity or maximal effort on defense. Good or bad game, Crawford will be Crawford. As long Crawford is the starting SG of this team, we will be a team under .500. Its been like this for 3 years already. What makes you think it will change now? We're 6-12.

I can't even talk about Curry.

I just hope something happens, even an injury. I want to see Lee, Chandler, Robinson, and Balkman get max minutes...see Isiah get fired the worst way possible, watch Dolan die a slow death, and have us tank the season and move on from this mess. Any fake Knick fan or Isiahsexual who still is brainwashed to believe theres still something capable of this roster or something magical about "Isiah's plan" need to get the hell out too. Its pretty much a sad thing I'm still watching Curry and Crawford in Knick uniforms and Isiah as a head coach; a head coach with no plan on offense or defense. We play the same way every game.

12th man

Curry: 12-5-2-0-1, .555 FG%, .400 FT%, 2 TO, 5 PF
    Dalembert: 20-8-0-0-3, .750 FG%, .667 FT%, 0 TO, 4 PF

Game.
    Blouses.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I just hope something happens, even an injury. I want to see Lee, Chandler, Robinson, and Balkman get max minutes...see Isiah get fired the worst way possible, watch Dolan die a slow death, and have us tank the season and move on from this mess. Any fake Knick fan or Isiahsexual who still is brainwashed to believe theres still something capable of this roster or something magical about "Isiah's plan" need to get the hell out too. Its pretty much a sad thing I'm still watching Curry and Crawford in Knick uniforms and Isiah as a head coach; a head coach with no plan on offense or defense. We play the same way every game.
    Agreed!

Does anybody know if we keep our draft pick this year. There are some promising prospects in this year's draft. I can't believe I'm thinking of draft day already but I think it's evident that nobody on this team really wants it after witnessing that performance. It is the same old **** all over again. Another let down loss to a weaker opponent. I'm really sick of this crap. This team is poorly constructed and loaded with a bunch of losers.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

ITS Official WE NEED EC OUT... I am serious.. Good Point MEtro.

ya killing curry, lol, man do ya realize that as the game goes on, the team stop going to em, they always feed em early but will stop looking for em

You know why. Cause he will get to tired and turn the ball over... Ever think of that?

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    You know why. Cause he will get to tired and turn the ball over... Ever think of that?
    I agree.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Who does better game threads on the internet than MSG33? Stand the **** up.
    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I forgot to comment about the bench, but its been fixed. I added a paragraph after my analysis of what Curry should do.

I thank you for supportin my game threads, I will stand the **** up from now until the game goes on.
    I stood the **** up the whole time, from 12:13p.m. to tipoff at 7:10. Your not gonna make me do this next time, are you?

Can I ask... What happened to the Z-Bo I knew from Portland. It seems all the all stars like Francis or Z Bo go down in skill or they just simply suck in the knick atmosphere. Isiah doesn't know what he is doing. I see that he is trying pretty hard but he gotta just become a scout or something....

wow ok the Zach situation one ONE bad game...relax dam like hes probably gonna be the only guy in New Orleans representing New York >_>

12th man

Originally Posted by thekidd13
    wow ok the Zach situation one ONE bad game...relax dam like hes probably gonna be the only guy in New Orleans representing New York >_>

THE KNICKS PROBLEM HAVE BEEN SOLVED EVERYONE, NO ONE PANIC; AS LONG AS RANDOLPH PLAYS IN THE ALL STAR GAME OUR FRANCHISE IS SAVED FROM FAILURE.