Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 349

Thread: Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

  1. #271
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bump.

    2013 version.


    Plan A
    Knicks trade
    Raymond Felton
    Tim Hardaway Jr.

    Hawks trade
    Elton Brand
    Dennis Schroeder
    2014 2nd round pick
    2015 2nd Round pick

    Plan B

    Knicks trade
    Carmelo Anthony
    Raymond Felton
    Jr Smith
    Tim Hardaway Jr.
    Beno Udrih

    Bobcats trade
    Kemba Walker
    Gerald Henderson
    Ramon Sessions
    Bismack Biyombo
    Josh McRoberts
    Ben Gordon
    2014 First Round Pick

    Bobcats
    PG - Felton/Udrih/Pargo
    SG - Smith/Hardaway Jr.
    SF - Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
    PF - Anthony/Zeller/Tolliver
    C - Jefferson/Haywood

    Knicks
    PG - Walker/Prigioni/Sessions
    SG - Shumpert/Gordon
    SF - World Peace/Henderson
    PF - Martin/McRoberts/Bargnani
    C - Biyombo/Stoudemire

  2. #272
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Both very, very unlikely scenarios. But I get your message. With some good scounting and a good GM we could rebuild from nothing to a very solid team with a couple of seasons. Unfortunately that's not what the Knicks do, we'd rather trade everyone away and mislocate all the cap space in a couple of risky max contracts.

  3. #273
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You'd take Kemba over Felton? I honestly think both players are better coming off of the bench. We need a player like Jeff Teague. The mecca of basketball really needs to raise the bar for our PG. We need a guy that can average no less than 8 assists per game.

  4. #274
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    You'd take Kemba over Felton? I honestly think both players are better coming off of the bench. We need a player like Jeff Teague. The mecca of basketball really needs to raise the bar for our PG. We need a guy that can average no less than 8 assists per game.
    Kemba Walker is better than Teague. Teague won't average 8 assist all season. He's 7 at best, he averages 3 turnovers a game with those 7 assist.

    For Teague's career his per 36 production has been
    14 ppg
    6.5 assist
    2.7 TO's

    Raymond Felton
    14 ppg
    6.8 assist
    2.7 TOs

    Kemba Walker
    17.5 ppg
    6 apg
    2.5 TO's


    That's in the first 2 seasons of Kemba's career.

    Kemba is the superior rebounder, makes plays with intangibles, ball handling and superior defense who can get blocks, rack up steals and fight over screens and pick & rolls.

    Teague may not even be the best PG in Atlanta in the future, Schroeder will surpass him probably not in ATL but in another team.

    Also consider Kemba has never had an offensive player to pass the ball to. Gerald Henderson has been his primary offensive option in his NBA career. When Al Jefferson returns, expect Kemba to average 8 assist easy.

  5. #275
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Kemba Walker is better than Teague. Teague won't average 8 assist all season. He's 7 at best, he averages 3 turnovers a game with those 7 assist.

    For Teague's career his per 36 production has been
    14 ppg
    6.5 assist
    2.7 TO's

    Raymond Felton
    14 ppg
    6.8 assist
    2.7 TOs

    Kemba Walker
    17.5 ppg
    6 apg
    2.5 TO's


    That's in the first 2 seasons of Kemba's career.

    Kemba is the superior rebounder, makes plays with intangibles, ball handling and superior defense who can get blocks, rack up steals and fight over screens and pick & rolls.

    Teague may not even be the best PG in Atlanta in the future, Schroeder will surpass him probably not in ATL but in another team.

    Also consider Kemba has never had an offensive player to pass the ball to. Gerald Henderson has been his primary offensive option in his NBA career. When Al Jefferson returns, expect Kemba to average 8 assist easy.
    None of this matters w/o a coach who knows how to win in this league. Recall we were sold on Woody being defensive... he's not.
    Recall Woody was sold as someone who would "design an offense to feature our stars"... he didn't and can't.
    Recall how frustrated we were with the inordinate amount of 3's and the false positive they perpetuate... we lead the league last year
    Recall how we needed better defenders and rebounders... this coach nullifies any defensive advantage we have by switching and purposely playing guys out of position. Plus Tyson was supposed to be a rebounder but is playing volleyball thus creating another false positive.

    When we were beefing about the poor coaching with MDA we expected better not the same sh!t on a different day.

  6. #276
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I would start from changing the coach and the point guard. Those two determine the identity and direction of any team.
    What is an identity of this team? I dont think even Woody can answer this question. Where is the defense that we thought Woodson is good at? Offense? Give the ball to Melo or JR and let them figuer it out.
    We have some very good defenders. Why is Stat playing at all and Martin is on the bench?
    There are a lot of questions about Woodys tactics, a lot of mistakes at the end of close games.
    Felton is too slow to guard most of younger and quicker guards, dribbles a lot, cant often see open teammates, shoots a lot for a point guard instead of distributing the ball.
    Why is he allowed to shoot so much? He is a terrible, let me repeat, terrible shooter.
    Yesterday on ESPN G.Carl said that we have enough good players to be 4 or 5 seed in our conference.
    I dont think we can even make the 7th or 8th seed with this coach,
    I would fire him right now.

  7. #277
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by groundpilot
    I would start from changing the coach and the point guard. Those two determine the identity and direction of any team.
    What is an identity of this team? I dont think even Woody can answer this question. Where is the defense that we thought Woodson is good at? Offense? Give the ball to Melo or JR and let them figuer it out.
    We have some very good defenders. Why is Stat playing at all and Martin is on the bench?
    There are a lot of questions about Woodys tactics, a lot of mistakes at the end of close games.
    Felton is too slow to guard most of younger and quicker guards, dribbles a lot, cant often see open teammates, shoots a lot for a point guard instead of distributing the ball.
    Why is he allowed to shoot so much? He is a terrible, let me repeat, terrible shooter.
    Yesterday on ESPN G.Carl said that we have enough good players to be 4 or 5 seed in our conference.
    I dont think we can even make the 7th or 8th seed with this coach,
    I would fire him right now.
    Can u imagine oppising teams before a game...
    On the chalkboard it must say THE KNICKS WILL SWITCH ON DEFENSE AND NOT FIGHT THRU PICKS SO EXPLOIT THE MISMATCHES " On Defense it must read " KNICKS WILL EITHER TAKE A QUICK 3 POINTER OR PASS THE BALL AROUND THE PERIMETER FOR 20 SECONDS AND THEN SHOOT SO LET THEM "

  8. #278
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Can u imagine oppising teams before a game...
    On the chalkboard it must say THE KNICKS WILL SWITCH ON DEFENSE AND NOT FIGHT THRU PICKS SO EXPLOIT THE MISMATCHES " On Defense it must read " KNICKS WILL EITHER TAKE A QUICK 3 POINTER OR PASS THE BALL AROUND THE PERIMETER FOR 20 SECONDS AND THEN SHOOT SO LET THEM "
    Yeah. Our game plan is so predictable that even mildly retarded opposition can brake it easily.

  9. #279
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by groundpilot
    I would start from changing the coach and the point guard. Those two determine the identity and direction of any team.
    What is an identity of this team? I dont think even Woody can answer this question. Where is the defense that we thought Woodson is good at? Offense? Give the ball to Melo or JR and let them figuer it out.
    We have some very good defenders. Why is Stat playing at all and Martin is on the bench?
    There are a lot of questions about Woodys tactics, a lot of mistakes at the end of close games.
    Felton is too slow to guard most of younger and quicker guards, dribbles a lot, cant often see open teammates, shoots a lot for a point guard instead of distributing the ball.
    Why is he allowed to shoot so much? He is a terrible, let me repeat, terrible shooter.
    Yesterday on ESPN G.Carl said that we have enough good players to be 4 or 5 seed in our conference.
    I dont think we can even make the 7th or 8th seed with this coach,
    I would fire him right now.
    The sooner, the better.

    Holding on to Woodson for too long is just prolonging the problem and will make the transition into a new coach and system a lot more difficult for the team to get adjusted to.

    Lets give Woodson into game 15 til he's fired (unless the team goes on a 10 game win streak), but it wouldn't matter. Mike Woodson is Mike Woodson and always will be. Ask Hawk fans how they feel about Mike.

    Felton has to be replaced.

    If you look at the PG's in the NBA

    Paul
    Parker
    Irving
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Rubio
    Williams
    Holliday
    Conley
    Rondo
    Lowry
    Bledsoe
    even Nash and MCW

    they all present a strong element to their game and impact their game.

    Felton's elements are average. He's terrible defensively, he has ability to score the ball but isn't a good shooter and isn't the fastest PG in the NBA.

    It doesn't give this team a respectable floor general.

    If you look back in time.

    Trade Felton for an average defensive center or even a draft pick.

    He should of been traded last year.

  10. #280
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    The sooner, the better.

    Holding on to Woodson for too long is just prolonging the problem and will make the transition into a new coach and system a lot more difficult for the team to get adjusted to.

    Lets give Woodson into game 15 til he's fired (unless the team goes on a 10 game win streak), but it wouldn't matter. Mike Woodson is Mike Woodson and always will be. Ask Hawk fans how they feel about Mike.

    Felton has to be replaced.

    If you look at the PG's in the NBA

    Paul
    Parker
    Irving
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Lillard
    Rubio
    Williams
    Holliday
    Conley
    Rondo
    Lowry
    Bledsoe
    even Nash and MCW

    they all present a strong element to their game and impact their game.

    Felton's elements are average. He's terrible defensively, he has ability to score the ball but isn't a good shooter and isn't the fastest PG in the NBA.

    It doesn't give this team a respectable floor general.

    If you look back in time.

    Trade Felton for an average defensive center or even a draft pick.

    He should of been traded last year.

    starting 5 should be
    prigs
    jr
    melo
    metta
    stat

    let stat go to center and see what happens screw the knees

  11. #281
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Stat? Are you serious? Once a great player became a great turnover machine. Every time he enters the game, we fall behind if we are not behind already.

  12. #282
    Member knickerbocker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I love how Knick fans have stuck around the Garden after all these years, but damn are some stupid. Imagine you're Amare: you have 10 years of experience in the NBA, during which you dominated when healthy. Okay now you have a knee injury. I'm going to come back and get back to vintage Amare:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Amare really looked awesome last year when he played, there is no denying that. But it's easy for some to forget how much he sucked when he initially came back, as he struggled to settle into a rhythm. He looked just as hopeless/clueless on the court as he did Tuesday night.

    You can absolutely opine that he's done, but I think that is an impatient/naive/irresponsible thing to say. At the very least, he should get time to settle into game shape and get into a rhythm, because he's obviously not at that point.

    IMO, the Knicks are best served to lift these restrictions, and let the guy play. It will be painful at first, but I find it hard to believe that Amare Stoudemire has become a worse basketball player than me because of a knee surgery.

    Okay, I'll understand if you all don't agree with my logic, but he's had maybe 30 minutes of action this year including the preseason. I'm just trying to get people from giving up on this guy, because I simply don't think he's done, I think he can give us what he gave last year, and also because the Knicks are paying him 20 million+. If that cost is sunk already, then this team is ****ed.

  13. #283
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    I love how Knick fans have stuck around the Garden after all these years, but damn are some stupid. Imagine you're Amare: you have 10 years of experience in the NBA, during which you dominated when healthy. Okay now you have a knee injury. I'm going to come back and get back to vintage Amare:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Amare really looked awesome last year when he played, there is no denying that. But it's easy for some to forget how much he sucked when he initially came back, as he struggled to settle into a rhythm. He looked just as hopeless/clueless on the court as he did Tuesday night.

    You can absolutely opine that he's done, but I think that is an impatient/naive/irresponsible thing to say. At the very least, he should get time to settle into game shape and get into a rhythm, because he's obviously not at that point.

    IMO, the Knicks are best served to lift these restrictions, and let the guy play. It will be painful at first, but I find it hard to believe that Amare Stoudemire has become a worse basketball player than me because of a knee surgery.

    Okay, I'll understand if you all don't agree with my logic, but he's had maybe 30 minutes of action this year including the preseason. I'm just trying to get people from giving up on this guy, because I simply don't think he's done, I think he can give us what he gave last year, and also because the Knicks are paying him 20 million+. If that cost is sunk already, then this team is ****ed.
    This is a dumbest post i have seen in a long time.

  14. #284
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Excuse me? knickerbocker12 unlike many other posters thinks about a little bigger picture than here and now. And well, he's right about Amare in many ways. Let's be honest, Amare did struggle badly right after he got back and he was able to get his rythm back and put in quality minutes despite his very limited PT. Both media and fans started calling for him to regain his starting spot for a reason. And that reason was Amare played *phenomenal*, at least on the offensive end. His first 5-6 games were bad to average, but then he started putting some crazy numbers like 21 pts and 6 boards on a 1.000 FG% in 20 min. We need to think positive, it's early November, we're four games into the season, let the team figure it all out. Amare will be fine and so will be the Knicks, just give them some more time than four ****ing games.

  15. #285
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,032
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocker12
    I love how Knick fans have stuck around the Garden after all these years, but damn are some stupid. Imagine you're Amare: you have 10 years of experience in the NBA, during which you dominated when healthy. Okay now you have a knee injury. I'm going to come back and get back to vintage Amare:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Amare really looked awesome last year when he played, there is no denying that. But it's easy for some to forget how much he sucked when he initially came back, as he struggled to settle into a rhythm. He looked just as hopeless/clueless on the court as he did Tuesday night.

    You can absolutely opine that he's done, but I think that is an impatient/naive/irresponsible thing to say. At the very least, he should get time to settle into game shape and get into a rhythm, because he's obviously not at that point.

    IMO, the Knicks are best served to lift these restrictions, and let the guy play. It will be painful at first, but I find it hard to believe that Amare Stoudemire has become a worse basketball player than me because of a knee surgery.

    Okay, I'll understand if you all don't agree with my logic, but he's had maybe 30 minutes of action this year including the preseason. I'm just trying to get people from giving up on this guy, because I simply don't think he's done, I think he can give us what he gave last year, and also because the Knicks are paying him 20 million+. If that cost is sunk already, then this team is ****ed.

    Amare is water annd ISO-Melo is oil .... they dont mix

Similar Threads

  1. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  2. Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 00:24
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2006, 20:10
  4. NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 20:49
  5. Official Trade Deadline Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 12:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •