Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567822 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 349

Thread: Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

  1. #16
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    we were a .500 club for exactly 1 game last year... we won the 1st game, lost the 2nd...never to see .500 again....
    Knicks last year
    December 1 6-12
    March 18 30-36

    From our 18th game to our 66th game, we played .500 ball. For those of you who cant add, thats 48 games.

    You gotta see some of these point totals by Marbury:

    March 2 = 34
    March 3 = 38
    March 6= 40
    March 14= 31
    March 26 = 32
    March 30 = 43
    April 4 = 30

    Marbury was the man last year
    Great offense+Defense+passing=Starbury, still top 10 Haters

    Before anything, I hope he gets through the grieving process but after that I look forward to seein what he can do once he plays a couple of games, he really played like a star last year, thats real talk.

  2. #17
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    you guys need to be serious. not a lot of teams would take those trades. nor should we make them. i know being under the cap would be nice. but well never be under the cap enough to make it worth it. so in all reality were looking for a trade or therefore trades that would make sense for both teams and reasonable as well.

    if that wasnt the case id trade randolph for Rasheed Wallace. Curry for Camby and James and Balkman for Artest.... but that would never happen.

    I think solving the knicks is a couple moves from making this situation work though. REASONABLY.

    Roster starts at.
    Centers: Curry, James, Morris
    PForwards: Randolph, Lee, Rose
    SForwards: Jeffries, Balkman, Chandler
    SGuards: Crawford, Richardson, Jones
    PGuards: Marbury, Robinson, Collins

    I think if we talked to MJ hed like a big man down below that dominates in scoring. I think hed actually bite on Eddy Curry. Not to say hed ever bite on a JC/Curry for Wallace/Okafor which would blow my mind BUT a Curry and Balkman for Okafor and Morrison might work for him. but who knows..

    a sure fit one would be with Philly. I say this a lot. but in addressing the Knicks need we need a ROLE playing big man. that role being stand in the middle and block some damn shots. send Eddy Curry to Philly for Samuel Dalembert. SIMPLE AS THAT. no added pieces unlesss they bite on a Jerome James added offer with kevin ollie joining to lose some cap. but realistically lets say Curry for Dalembert.

    Roster stands at.
    Centers: Dalembert, James, Morris
    PForwards: Randolph, Lee, Rose
    SForwards: Jeffries, Balkman, Chandler
    SGuards: Crawford, Richardson, Jones
    PGuards: Marbury, Robinson, Collins

    then we go to Sacramento.. once again for a reasonable deal. Artest wants to be a knick. hell opt out anywhere else. so lets take him. granted in a to the point deal like the last we offer them NOT Malik Rose. but first Jerome James, Wilson Chandler and Mardy Collins. If they dont bite make it James and Balkman. If not that Richardson and Chandler. I think theyll actually take the James and Balkman deal out of those options. so that gives us

    Roster stands at.
    Centers: Dalembert, Morris
    PForwards: Randolph, Lee, Rose
    SForwards: Artest, Jeffries, Chandler
    SGuards: Crawford, Richardson, Jones
    PGuards: Marbury, Robinson, Collins

    Id sit on that. see how that goes. if not well then we still have Randolph, Rose (expiring soon), JC, Q, Marbs, Collins, Chandler to play around with. perhaps even weezle Andre Miller in a deal that adds Marbs & Collins with Evans and Ollie. Id hope to see a Curry, Marbury, Collins for Dalembert, Miller, Evans and Ollie deal.

    if i had it my way wed have Camby back. but for now Dalembert, Randolph, Lee, Artest, Jeffries, Crawford, Jones, Marbury, Robinson rotation works for me.
    My team would destroy your team, on the court, capwise and in the future.

    Having Crawford and Randolph still in the starting 5 = not the brightest idea.

    Dalembert is Philly's only shot blocker and true center; I don't see why they would just give him straight up for an inferior center in Curry.

    Plus these trades don't address much, we NEED to get under the CAP; its simple as that.

    All your doing is continuing what Isiah did here. Just END it, understand it didn't work THEN, it doesn't work NOW, and it will never WORK.

    I'm tiring of my team losing all these games so you guys can understand that.

    GET UNDER THE CAP or nothing else. We can't have Crawford here if we want to progress and move on to the future and more success.

  3. #18
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Knicks should wait until 2010

    Let's be real, the knicks ain't winning anytime soon with our current roster. The spurs, suns, pistons, mavs, pistons,celtics and who knows maybe the warriors will be in good shape the next 3 years. I don't believe we can win a championship in 3 years. The knicks should not make anymore dumb trades like they have in the past, bringing in expensive long-term contracts. Let's wait until all these contracts expire and bring in the big boys. The knicks payroll for 2010 will be 28 million, what a difference from 90 million now. Chris Paul will be a free agent in 2010, Lebron James can opt out of his last year and so can Dwayne Wade. The Knicks must resign David Lee and keep the cheap contracts of Balkman, Chandler, and Collins. The rest of the roster will be filled by some veterans and hopefully quality draft picks from 2008, 2009, and 2010.
    If the Knicks play their cards right they can have Chris Paul at the point guard, D Wade at shooting guard, Lebron at small forward, DLee at power forward, and hopefully they draft a defense oriented center that can block shots and rebound.
    If the Celtics can have a big three, why not our beloved KNICKS!!

  4. #19
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Let's be real, the knicks ain't winning anytime soon with our current roster. The spurs, suns, pistons, mavs, pistons,celtics and who knows maybe the warriors will be in good shape the next 3 years. I don't believe we can win a championship in 3 years. The knicks should not make anymore dumb trades like they have in the past, bringing in expensive long-term contracts. Let's wait until all these contracts expire and bring in the big boys. The knicks payroll for 2010 will be 28 million, what a difference from 90 million now. Chris Paul will be a free agent in 2010, Lebron James can opt out of his last year and so can Dwayne Wade. The Knicks must resign David Lee and keep the cheap contracts of Balkman, Chandler, and Collins. The rest of the roster will be filled by some veterans and hopefully quality draft picks from 2008, 2009, and 2010.
    If the Knicks play their cards right they can have Chris Paul at the point guard, D Wade at shooting guard, Lebron at small forward, DLee at power forward, and hopefully they draft a defense oriented center that can block shots and rebound.
    If the Celtics can have a big three, why not our beloved KNICKS!!
    HEH HEH HEH, ummm there is a salary cap in the NBA, & all 3 of the guys you mentioned are max contract players... What a 1st post

  5. #20
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    My team would destroy your team, on the court, capwise and in the future.

    Having Crawford and Randolph still in the starting 5 = not the brightest idea.

    Dalembert is Philly's only shot blocker and true center; I don't see why they would just give him straight up for an inferior center in Curry.

    Plus these trades don't address much, we NEED to get under the CAP; its simple as that.

    All your doing is continuing what Isiah did here. Just END it, understand it didn't work THEN, it doesn't work NOW, and it will never WORK.

    I'm tiring of my team losing all these games so you guys can understand that.

    GET UNDER THE CAP or nothing else. We can't have Crawford here if we want to progress and move on to the future and more success.
    No ones F*ckin with your idea of bringin more NYC here with Odom and Artest. We got Marbury goin to the hoop "Brooklyn Style" and Odom and Artest goin Queens style. And yo, Garcia can shoot. I think he just had a game winning 3 sumtime in the past week.

    Keeping Crawford = retarded. If he is gonna stay, I dont mind him off the bench depending on what hes gettin paid. The best option is obviously to get rid of him.

    Keeping Z-Bo = not as bad, but still retarded. Too selfish, probably wont change. Also, turnover prone, out of shape (chill on the Burger King).

  6. #21
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yeah I know man, but when I mentioned 28 million salary in 2010, I was including Zach Randolph's salary as well (17 million). Let's say the Knicks were able to include him in a sign and trade for DWade for example. The payroll will still be 28 million. The knicks will spend another 60 million won't they? Alright if all three can't come, I'll take 2 of them. Still a brighter future no?

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    PG - Marbury/Williams
    SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
    SF - Artest/Balkman/Najera
    PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
    C - Brown/Collins/Morris

    ok.. you make some valid points. but to think that in 09-10 that we sign a bunch of free agents over Artest and Odom resigning then you are crazy. the point of going into free agency is to sign free agents not to resign your own players. now if you believe we will let them walk and resign LeBron. then you have a point BUT who else do we sign to play with him? hell want a max contract. and there wont be enough talent out that year to fill the gaps. LeBron is a great player but with no contracts to sign and trade or trade at all we have a one man team. and you see how thats working for LeBron now. even if you say we land James and Wade.

    C ???
    PF???
    SF LeBron James
    SG ???
    PG Dwayne Wade

    thats two max contracts leaving us with 16 million. what big man comes out that year? and say we throw that 16 million into one other player or two even. wheres the bench? i understand where you are coming from and id rather have those two players on the team then any that we have now BUT in the real world none of this would work. who is to even say either of those guys would want to come here?

    if we are going to go and be a little out there with our trades. then lets get Wade now. they need the help right? or throw Curry and Jamal Crawford with Balkman and get Wallace and Okafor? (and Charlotte and philly would take Curry because when offense is ran through him in the post he can score heavily)

    being reasonable and thinking in the reality of the nba THOUGH. you would have to see who is in the buyers and sellers market. teams losing or looking to improve for various reasons. not teams liking their current set up. not the lakers. memphis, chicago, the clippers, indy, charlotte, philly, those are teams lookin to make moves.

    if i had an out there opinion id ship out for brand but highly unlikely so realistically id do this.

    Indiana Pacers get- Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.
    New York Knicks get- Jermaine O'Neal

    Sacramento Kings get- Jerome James, Renaldo Balkman and Mardy Collins
    New York Knicks get- Ron Artest and Darryl Watkins

    sign Demetris Nichols and Jared Jordan back.

    Curry/James/Morris
    Randolph/Lee/Rose
    Jeffries/Balkman/Chandler
    Richardson/Crawford/Jones
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

    BECOMES

    Curry/Morris/Watkins
    O'Neal/Lee/Rose
    Artest/Jeffries/Chandler
    Richardson/Jones/Nichols
    Marbury/Robinson/Jordan

    I know the cap is big to you so you still get a lot of ppl coming off in 10/11 and we still have young guys who contribute still there when that does happen.

    im not bashing your idea. yours is good as well. but i just think in the reality of how things work in the nba SADLY this is more likely and still a good setup.

  8. #23
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Yeah I know man, but when I mentioned 28 million salary in 2010, I was including Zach Randolph's salary as well (17 million). Let's say the Knicks were able to include him in a sign and trade for DWade for example. The payroll will still be 28 million. The knicks will spend another 60 million won't they? Alright if all three can't come, I'll take 2 of them. Still a brighter future no?
    We wouldnt get more then 1 of these guys and if Cleveland is strugglin at this point, maybe Lebron James. As the face of the NBA, theres no better place to play then NY (excluding Isiahs circus). I cant picture Wade or Chris Paul comin to NY but thats arite, Id rather have Lebron. Hes the only player I would take ahead of Dwight Howard. You will see with Boston this year that having multiple big name stars is overrated. They lost for the first time at home last night against Detroit (Im Luvin the Pistons rite now). Billups wiped his ass with Rondos face.

  9. #24
    Superstar NicksKnicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Birstall, England
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    we need to get artest quick! before the new year would do me nicely. Hes experienced, tough defender and not a bad scorer. It would also be interestin to see if he would step it up to the next level and make the kinda impact Stephen Jackson has had on the Warriors

  10. #25
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    NYKnicks15, O'Neal isn't the same man he once was 3-4 years ago. Injury prone...getting older now, shoots a Jamal Crawford like FG% for a PF.


    Whatever move that gets us under the cap, I'm down.

  11. #26
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Agreed, while hes still better then Curry and Z-Bo (not sayin much) hes slowin down at a fast pace. I didnt know he was shootin that bad, thats really sad. Hes not worth invensting in, were better off trying to get younger players or healthier players. I would still trade Z-Bo and Crawford for him dependin on how many years he got left on his contract, it cant be worse then Z-Slows.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Yeah I know man, but when I mentioned 28 million salary in 2010, I was including Zach Randolph's salary as well (17 million). Let's say the Knicks were able to include him in a sign and trade for DWade for example. The payroll will still be 28 million. The knicks will spend another 60 million won't they? Alright if all three can't come, I'll take 2 of them. Still a brighter future no?
    our salary is not 28m in 2010

    zach is signed for 17m, jamal for 10m
    then there is
    fat-**** curry with a player option for 11m (u know he is taking this option... thats a lot of cheeseburgers) , jefferies also has an option (his option) for 6.8.. and we know no one is taking this no-talent...further balkman has a quafiying offer at 3m, collins at 2.7, and the team has an option on wilson at 2.1m

    i read their payroll now at 51m..or 53m with wilson.. and that is for 7 players... i think the rosters consist of 15 players... i dunno what the cap will be , but if its 70m (a guess), that leaves approx 17m for 8 players... a bit over 2m per... i don't see wade/bosh/james signing for 2m a year..

  13. #28
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    PG - Marbury/Williams
    SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
    SF - Artest/Balkman/Najera
    PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
    C - Brown/Collins/Morris

    ok.. you make some valid points. but to think that in 09-10 that we sign a bunch of free agents over Artest and Odom resigning then you are crazy. the point of going into free agency is to sign free agents not to resign your own players. now if you believe we will let them walk and resign LeBron. then you have a point BUT who else do we sign to play with him? hell want a max contract. and there wont be enough talent out that year to fill the gaps. LeBron is a great player but with no contracts to sign and trade or trade at all we have a one man team. and you see how thats working for LeBron now. even if you say we land James and Wade.

    C ???
    PF???
    SF LeBron James
    SG ???
    PG Dwayne Wade

    thats two max contracts leaving us with 16 million. what big man comes out that year? and say we throw that 16 million into one other player or two even. wheres the bench? i understand where you are coming from and id rather have those two players on the team then any that we have now BUT in the real world none of this would work. who is to even say either of those guys would want to come here?

    if we are going to go and be a little out there with our trades. then lets get Wade now. they need the help right? or throw Curry and Jamal Crawford with Balkman and get Wallace and Okafor? (and Charlotte and philly would take Curry because when offense is ran through him in the post he can score heavily)

    being reasonable and thinking in the reality of the nba THOUGH. you would have to see who is in the buyers and sellers market. teams losing or looking to improve for various reasons. not teams liking their current set up. not the lakers. memphis, chicago, the clippers, indy, charlotte, philly, those are teams lookin to make moves.

    if i had an out there opinion id ship out for brand but highly unlikely so realistically id do this.

    Indiana Pacers get- Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.
    New York Knicks get- Jermaine O'Neal

    Sacramento Kings get- Jerome James, Renaldo Balkman and Mardy Collins
    New York Knicks get- Ron Artest and Darryl Watkins

    sign Demetris Nichols and Jared Jordan back.

    Curry/James/Morris
    Randolph/Lee/Rose
    Jeffries/Balkman/Chandler
    Richardson/Crawford/Jones
    Marbury/Robinson/Collins

    BECOMES

    Curry/Morris/Watkins
    O'Neal/Lee/Rose
    Artest/Jeffries/Chandler
    Richardson/Jones/Nichols
    Marbury/Robinson/Jordan

    I know the cap is big to you so you still get a lot of ppl coming off in 10/11 and we still have young guys who contribute still there when that does happen.

    im not bashing your idea. yours is good as well. but i just think in the reality of how things work in the nba SADLY this is more likely and still a good setup.



    Were not getting Nichols back, bulls signed him.. its to sad to see him go because now then ever we need a SF that can shoot and play with energy.

    Marbury I think still has it, he can be a dominant force when hes given the right tools, Artest wants to be in NY so lets get him, give kings curry and Chandler for him. Crawford could be an asset to many teams in the Nba along with curry and randolph.

    We trade Randolph, Curry and Crawford and buy out james we will be fine

  14. #29
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by SoFresH
    Were not getting Nichols back, bulls signed him.. its to sad to see him go because now then ever we need a SF that can shoot and play with energy.

    Marbury I think still has it, he can be a dominant force when hes given the right tools, Artest wants to be in NY so lets get him, give kings curry and Chandler for him. Crawford could be an asset to many teams in the Nba along with curry and randolph.

    We trade Randolph, Curry and Crawford and buy out james we will be fine

    Thats a good first post, James Fat Ass is worthless and theres no team stupid enough to take him. If hes wasnt a Knicks, Isiah would be the only dumb enough gm to take on his contract but luckily we dont have to go through that embarrasmnet cuz hes already on our team. The only thing worse then giving him that contract would be trading for him.

    Crawford, Curry, and Zbo all need to go. This way we get rid of Crawford plus Burger King. I want Artest to be a Knick so I can get his jersey. His jersey would sell the best, how many of you would buy his jersey?

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Knicks last year
    December 1 6-12
    March 18 30-36

    From our 18th game to our 66th game, we played .500 ball. For those of you who cant add, thats 48 games.

    You gotta see some of these point totals by Marbury:

    March 2 = 34
    March 3 = 38
    March 6= 40
    March 14= 31
    March 26 = 32
    March 30 = 43
    April 4 = 30


    Marbury was the man last year
    Great offense+Defense+passing=Starbury, still top 10 Haters

    Before anything, I hope he gets through the grieving process but after that I look forward to seein what he can do once he plays a couple of games, he really played like a star last year, thats real talk.


    Nice stats. People don't want to credit Marbury for whatever reason.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  2. Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2007, 00:24
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2006, 20:10
  4. NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 20:49
  5. Official Trade Deadline Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 12:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •