Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah I know man, but when I mentioned 28 million salary in 2010, I was including Zach Randolph's salary as well (17 million). Let's say the Knicks were able to include him in a sign and trade for DWade for example. The payroll will still be 28 million. The knicks will spend another 60 million won't they? Alright if all three can't come, I'll take 2 of them. Still a brighter future no?

NYKnicks15

Starter
PG - Marbury/Williams
SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
SF - Artest/Balkman/Najera
PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
C - Brown/Collins/Morris

ok.. you make some valid points. but to think that in 09-10 that we sign a bunch of free agents over Artest and Odom resigning then you are crazy. the point of going into free agency is to sign free agents not to resign your own players. now if you believe we will let them walk and resign LeBron. then you have a point BUT who else do we sign to play with him? hell want a max contract. and there wont be enough talent out that year to fill the gaps. LeBron is a great player but with no contracts to sign and trade or trade at all we have a one man team. and you see how thats working for LeBron now. even if you say we land James and Wade.

C ???
PF???
SF LeBron James
SG ???
PG Dwayne Wade

thats two max contracts leaving us with 16 million. what big man comes out that year? and say we throw that 16 million into one other player or two even. wheres the bench? i understand where you are coming from and id rather have those two players on the team then any that we have now BUT in the real world none of this would work. who is to even say either of those guys would want to come here?

if we are going to go and be a little out there with our trades. then lets get Wade now. they need the help right? or throw Curry and Jamal Crawford with Balkman and get Wallace and Okafor? (and Charlotte and philly would take Curry because when offense is ran through him in the post he can score heavily)

being reasonable and thinking in the reality of the nba THOUGH. you would have to see who is in the buyers and sellers market. teams losing or looking to improve for various reasons. not teams liking their current set up. not the lakers. memphis, chicago, the clippers, indy, charlotte, philly, those are teams lookin to make moves.

if i had an out there opinion id ship out for brand but highly unlikely so realistically id do this.

Indiana Pacers get- Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.
New York Knicks get- Jermaine O'Neal

Sacramento Kings get- Jerome James, Renaldo Balkman and Mardy Collins
New York Knicks get- Ron Artest and Darryl Watkins

sign Demetris Nichols and Jared Jordan back.

Curry/James/Morris
Randolph/Lee/Rose
Jeffries/Balkman/Chandler
Richardson/Crawford/Jones
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BECOMES

Curry/Morris/Watkins
O'Neal/Lee/Rose
Artest/Jeffries/Chandler
Richardson/Jones/Nichols
Marbury/Robinson/Jordan

I know the cap is big to you so you still get a lot of ppl coming off in 10/11 and we still have young guys who contribute still there when that does happen.

im not bashing your idea. yours is good as well. but i just think in the reality of how things work in the nba SADLY this is more likely and still a good setup.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yeah I know man, but when I mentioned 28 million salary in 2010, I was including Zach Randolph's salary as well (17 million). Let's say the Knicks were able to include him in a sign and trade for DWade for example. The payroll will still be 28 million. The knicks will spend another 60 million won't they? Alright if all three can't come, I'll take 2 of them. Still a brighter future no?

We wouldnt get more then 1 of these guys and if Cleveland is strugglin at this point, maybe Lebron James. As the face of the NBA, theres no better place to play then NY (excluding Isiahs circus). I cant picture Wade or Chris Paul comin to NY but thats arite, Id rather have Lebron. Hes the only player I would take ahead of Dwight Howard. You will see with Boston this year that having multiple big name stars is overrated. They lost for the first time at home last night against Detroit (Im Luvin the Pistons rite now). Billups wiped his ass with Rondos face.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
we need to get artest quick! before the new year would do me nicely. Hes experienced, tough defender and not a bad scorer. It would also be interestin to see if he would step it up to the next level and make the kinda impact Stephen Jackson has had on the Warriors

metrocard

Legend
NYKnicks15, O'Neal isn't the same man he once was 3-4 years ago. Injury prone...getting older now, shoots a Jamal Crawford like FG% for a PF.

Whatever move that gets us under the cap, I'm down.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Agreed, while hes still better then Curry and Z-Bo (not sayin much) hes slowin down at a fast pace. I didnt know he was shootin that bad, thats really sad. Hes not worth invensting in, were better off trying to get younger players or healthier players. I would still trade Z-Bo and Crawford for him dependin on how many years he got left on his contract, it cant be worse then Z-Slows.

paris401

Starter

our salary is not 28m in 2010

zach is signed for 17m, jamal for 10m
then there is
fat-fuck curry with a player option for 11m (u know he is taking this option... thats a lot of cheeseburgers) , jefferies also has an option (his option) for 6.8.. and we know no one is taking this no-talent...further balkman has a quafiying offer at 3m, collins at 2.7, and the team has an option on wilson at 2.1m

i read their payroll now at 51m..or 53m with wilson.. and that is for 7 players... i think the rosters consist of 15 players... i dunno what the cap will be , but if its 70m (a guess), that leaves approx 17m for 8 players... a bit over 2m per... i don't see wade/bosh/james signing for 2m a year..

SoFresH

Rookie
PG - Marbury/Williams
SG - Garcia/Smith/Jones
SF - Artest/Balkman/Najera
PF - Odom/Boone/Rose
C - Brown/Collins/Morris

ok.. you make some valid points. but to think that in 09-10 that we sign a bunch of free agents over Artest and Odom resigning then you are crazy. the point of going into free agency is to sign free agents not to resign your own players. now if you believe we will let them walk and resign LeBron. then you have a point BUT who else do we sign to play with him? hell want a max contract. and there wont be enough talent out that year to fill the gaps. LeBron is a great player but with no contracts to sign and trade or trade at all we have a one man team. and you see how thats working for LeBron now. even if you say we land James and Wade.

C ???
PF???
SF LeBron James
SG ???
PG Dwayne Wade

thats two max contracts leaving us with 16 million. what big man comes out that year? and say we throw that 16 million into one other player or two even. wheres the bench? i understand where you are coming from and id rather have those two players on the team then any that we have now BUT in the real world none of this would work. who is to even say either of those guys would want to come here?

if we are going to go and be a little out there with our trades. then lets get Wade now. they need the help right? or throw Curry and Jamal Crawford with Balkman and get Wallace and Okafor? (and Charlotte and philly would take Curry because when offense is ran through him in the post he can score heavily)

being reasonable and thinking in the reality of the nba THOUGH. you would have to see who is in the buyers and sellers market. teams losing or looking to improve for various reasons. not teams liking their current set up. not the lakers. memphis, chicago, the clippers, indy, charlotte, philly, those are teams lookin to make moves.

if i had an out there opinion id ship out for brand but highly unlikely so realistically id do this.

Indiana Pacers get- Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford.
New York Knicks get- Jermaine O'Neal

Sacramento Kings get- Jerome James, Renaldo Balkman and Mardy Collins
New York Knicks get- Ron Artest and Darryl Watkins

sign Demetris Nichols and Jared Jordan back.

Curry/James/Morris
Randolph/Lee/Rose
Jeffries/Balkman/Chandler
Richardson/Crawford/Jones
Marbury/Robinson/Collins

BECOMES

Curry/Morris/Watkins
O'Neal/Lee/Rose
Artest/Jeffries/Chandler
Richardson/Jones/Nichols
Marbury/Robinson/Jordan

I know the cap is big to you so you still get a lot of ppl coming off in 10/11 and we still have young guys who contribute still there when that does happen.

im not bashing your idea. yours is good as well. but i just think in the reality of how things work in the nba SADLY this is more likely and still a good setup.

Were not getting Nichols back, bulls signed him.. its to sad to see him go because now then ever we need a SF that can shoot and play with energy.

Marbury I think still has it, he can be a dominant force when hes given the right tools, Artest wants to be in NY so lets get him, give kings curry and Chandler for him. Crawford could be an asset to many teams in the Nba along with curry and randolph.

We trade Randolph, Curry and Crawford and buy out james we will be fine

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Were not getting Nichols back, bulls signed him.. its to sad to see him go because now then ever we need a SF that can shoot and play with energy.

Marbury I think still has it, he can be a dominant force when hes given the right tools, Artest wants to be in NY so lets get him, give kings curry and Chandler for him. Crawford could be an asset to many teams in the Nba along with curry and randolph.

We trade Randolph, Curry and Crawford and buy out james we will be fine

Thats a good first post, James Fat Ass is worthless and theres no team stupid enough to take him. If hes wasnt a Knicks, Isiah would be the only dumb enough gm to take on his contract but luckily we dont have to go through that embarrasmnet cuz hes already on our team. The only thing worse then giving him that contract would be trading for him.

Crawford, Curry, and Zbo all need to go. This way we get rid of Crawford plus Burger King. I want Artest to be a Knick so I can get his jersey. His jersey would sell the best, how many of you would buy his jersey?

metrocard

Legend
Knicks last year
December 1 6-12
March 18 30-36

From our 18th game to our 66th game, we played .500 ball. For those of you who cant add, thats 48 games.

You gotta see some of these point totals by Marbury:

March 2 = 34
March 3 = 38
March 6= 40
March 14= 31
March 26 = 32
March 30 = 43
April 4 = 30

Marbury was the man last year
Great offense+Defense+passing=Starbury, still top 10 Haters

Before anything, I hope he gets through the grieving process but after that I look forward to seein what he can do once he plays a couple of games, he really played like a star last year, thats real talk.

Nice stats. People don't want to credit Marbury for whatever reason.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Nice stats. People don't want to credit Marbury for whatever reason.

UMM Those are last season stats homey... this is a what have you done for me lately league, in case you haven't recognized this already. How many games has Marbury had like those this season? the only game he came close to that was the Utah game. You are going to have to admit that Marbury isn't the same player he was last season, and Crawford is having a better season than Marbury this year. Talk about no credit where credit is due, how bout you stop strokin Marbury's dick long enough to type a few words about how Crawford is the best player on the Knicks so far this season.

metrocard

Legend
UMM Those are last season stats homey... this is a what have you done for me lately league, in case you haven't recognized this already. How many games has Marbury had like those this season? the only game he came close to that was the Utah game. You are going to have to admit that Marbury isn't the same player he was last season, and Crawford is having a better season than Marbury this year. Talk about no credit where credit is due, how bout you stop strokin Marbury's dick long enough to type a few words about how Crawford is the best player on the Knicks so far this season.

You obviously lack the ability to understand Marbury's circumstances and dilmenas he's been through this.

Crawford is the 2nd biggest reason why we've been an 8-17 team. Atleast Marbury tried to play defense while injured.

Marbury averages more assist, less turnovers, and is a better shooter in 31 minues compared to Crawford's 40 minutes; despite the circumstances Marbury has went through this season.

Out of all the players who get 40 minutes a game, Crawford is the worst, BY FAR.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
You obviously lack the ability to understand Marbury's circumstances and dilmenas he's been through this.

Crawford is the 2nd biggest reason why we've been an 8-17 team. Atleast Marbury tried to play defense while injured.

Marbury averages more assist, less turnovers, and is a better shooter in 31 minues compared to Crawford's 40 minutes; despite the circumstances Marbury has went through this season.

Out of all the players who get 40 minutes a game, Crawford is the worst, BY FAR.

Stop the shit, Marbury hasn't played but in 2 games since his father passed. Lets talk about all the games prior. You are bringing up stats where Marbury is only percentage points better than Crawford this season. When exactly was Marbury injured? C'mon now stop it, The only stat that Marbury trumps Crawford is in 3p% & in TO's... Crawford averages a whopping 2.8 and Marbury averages 1.94 Everything else Crawford is greater than Marbury after 25 games this season... The numbers, the leadership, everything... And you say Crawford is the worst who gets 40 minutes, Listen man, and the rest of you so-called Knick fans listen up as well, the ones who are hating on Crawford, Look at the damn games objectively and you will see how many times this season Crawford is forced to take the majority of the shots because no one else is doing shyte. Curry has regressed, Q-Rich has been off all season, Marbury has been off all season, Lee, Balkman, Jones, Jefferies are not offensive threats, and the black hole is another story... So when I read ignorant comments like Crawford shoots the ball all the time even when there is a teammate on fire yadda yadda, I say BULLSHIT... PROVE IT. Show me a game this season when that has happened.. Now you Marbury Dick Strokers out there, you are going to have to read a little, These are stats for this season, I don't want to hear anything about other season.. we are dealing with the here and now...

Crawford
PPG 18.5
RPG 2.7
APG 4.6
SPG 1.4
BPG 0.2
FG% 0.402
FT% 0.861
3P% 0.326
MPG 40.1

Marbury
PPG 13.6
RPG 2.2
APG 4.7
SPG 0.9
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.415
FT% 0.745
3P% 0.391
MPG 31.9

knicklover

Benchwarmer
we were a .500 club for exactly 1 game last year... we won the 1st game, lost the 2nd...never to see .500 again....

WE had a slow start, but for an extended period in the middle when we were making that little playoff run we were playing .500 ball. We were 5 games under .500 for the season quickly, but only 4 games under .500 well into the season. The early turn came when Curry became the focal point and broke out offensively. During that period, there were also a bunch of games we lost that came down to the last minute or so. If we had filled a "real need" this off season - like getting a solid outside shooting SF and/or a consistent shooting SG intead of getting another PF, a lot of those games could easily have been wins. IMO, we wouldn't even be having this conversation now.

The Zach trade was EXCELLENT in terms of being a talent upgrade. We can obviously get more for him in a trade than we could for Francis and his monster contract. However, it has caused chemistry problems with Curry and the rest of the team. The combination of Zach and Curry is not even performing all that much better in terms of points and rebounds per 48 minutes than Curry and Frye did. Zach gets a lot more touches than Frye did and specifically takes many of them away from Curry who is actually a more efficient scorer.

We need someone that can shoot from the outside consistently at SF and/or SG to open things up in the middle for Curry.

If we can move Zach and get a solid SF or consistent SG, we are immediately a bottom tier playoff team. Then we can let Marbury's contract expire and buy what we need a couple of years out to put us over the top. This is going to take is a little patience. We are closer than people think.

People need to get over that feeling of wanting to win immediately and tying our hands by making a deal that only improves us slightly. The way to create a championship contender is to think 2-4 years ahead.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont want to get into too much of what Paris sed, All im gonna say is that apparently defense doesnt count to him. Basketball is all about offense, not defense.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
My team would destroy your team, on the court, capwise and in the future.

Having Crawford and Randolph still in the starting 5 = not the brightest idea.

Dalembert is Philly's only shot blocker and true center; I don't see why they would just give him straight up for an inferior center in Curry.

Plus these trades don't address much, we NEED to get under the CAP; its simple as that.

All your doing is continuing what Isiah did here. Just END it, understand it didn't work THEN, it doesn't work NOW, and it will never WORK.

I'm tiring of my team losing all these games so you guys can understand that.

GET UNDER THE CAP or nothing else. We can't have Crawford here if we want to progress and move on to the future and more success.

Ay, I know I'm late but I want in on this. My team would destroy both of your teams! And my dad can kick your dad's ass. Ok, seriously I'd like some feed back on this one. I know Brad Miller is 30 but his contract is expiring and he is still a machine.

*Curry/Crawford for Artest/Miller - This trade works but it can be tweaked.
*Jeffries/Robinson for Earl Watson/Delonte West- Jeffries brings Defense and the salaries match.

1st Unit

Watson
Richardson
Artest
Randolph
Miller

2nd Unit

West or Collins
Jones
Balkman
Lee

Having Marbury, Crawford and Randolph in the same line up will not work. Too many scorers. This threesome must be split up. My trade brings us a good PG and Center and adds defense with Artest.

paris401

Starter
The Zach trade was EXCELLENT in terms of being a talent upgrade.

agree 100%

People need to get over that feeling of wanting to win immediately and tying out hands by making a deal that only improves us slightly.

agree 100%

The way to create a championship contender is to think 2-4 years ahead.

agree 100%

that's 300%

paris401

Starter
I dont want to get into too much of what Paris sed, All im gonna say is that apparently defense doesnt count to him. Basketball is all about offense, not defense.

what u b reading... can u post where i said "D" does not count... where???

u ain't winning shit without "D"... look at the winning teams.. spurs, pistons, even dallas (maybe not this year)... then look at the suns (who by the way, i luv their wide open game) who play little "D"

let me know where i made the no "D" comment so i may edit my post..
peace

LJ4ptplay

Starter

They both suck and don't know how to play team basketball. But Crawford didn't abandon his team and blackmail his coach. I was a Marbury supporter last year and the beginning of this year, but once he pulled that selfish bullshit, I lost all respect for him and want him gone.

metrocard

Legend
How many games did you watch this season? I've watched all of them.

Benching Marbury was inexcusable.

At the time Marbury was averaging 15 ppg 5 assist on two turnovers; over 40% from 3pt and over 45% from FG. We were 2-1; Crawford was shooting under 40% and had 3 turnovers per game.

The next two games Crawford went 5-15 against Orlando then 4-14 against Miami in both losses.

These two losses changed the whole season.

Isiah turned the team against Marbury and created a negative locker room. Despite the fact Crawford was playing terrible, Eddy Curry was non existant, Randolph was a ball hog, and Richardson was shooting 1% from everywhere. He used Marbury as the scapegoat and completely took his role away from the team, an important role that helped us win our first two games in the reason.

Since you don't watch the Knicks and focus on Jamal's useless losing stats so much, let me break it down to you.

When we benched Marbury

Lost @ PHX 113-102
Lost @ LAC 84-81 (4-12 FG 4 turnovers, typical Crawful night)
Lost @ SAC 123-118 (Crawford: 9-27 FG 2-9 3PT 6 turnovers)
Lost @ DEN 115-83 (a nice 8 point preformance by Crawford on 2-7 FG)
Lost vs GSW 108-82
Lost vs DET 98-86

Then when Marbury was a STARTER and finally got comfortable again, we beat Chicago @ the Garden. 85 - 78

19 points
6-12 FG
2-3 3pt
6 rebounds
4 assist
ZERO turnovers

Hinrich went 5-18 and 0-5 and Gordon went 4-17 on 5 turnovers...Marbury did an excellent job when he was guarding both.

Then the next game, it was ANOTHER WIN! Marbury against Utah Marbury played like STARBURY.

When Isiah has Marbury just dump it off to Curry, we LOSE, that doesn't work, Curry is terrible and inefficient.

Against Utah Marbury had 28 points 6 assist 2 steals and 1 block He shot 9-14 FG 3-3 3PT. How many times have you seen Crawful have a 9-14 night?

After the Boston debacle, we lost against PHONEIX where Crawford went 2-11 and went 0-5 from 3pt. We could of beat them especially with Marbury's 21 point 7-13 FG effort, but no thanks to Crawful once against shooting us out of the game.

The back to back losses to Philly (without Marbury) and the 3 losses at home against Dallas, Seattle and Chicago

Crawford took 101 shots. Thats 20 shots a game. Guess how many shots he made?

38 to complete a 37% FG

Typical Crawford.

So in order for Crawford to average 20 points, he has to take 101 shots in 5 games.

Why would any logical and passionate Knick would want a poor excuse for a basketball player like Jamal as their primary scorer? He's the least efficient scoring in the NBA by far.

Give you give someone like Eddie House 40 minues a game, they would do exactly the same like Crawford, except House is a better shooter, same with guys like Flip Murry, Bonzi Wells, and etc. Instead the coaches of their respected teams realize its more important to WIN than baby feed Crawford and Curry 40 minutes so they can have their little stats while the organization and the fans have to suffer through the losses.

Has Crawford ever led this team to the playoffs? How about in Chicago? Marbury led us to the playoffs with a limited old and no offensive roster where the 2nd best option was Tim Thomas. That team was 23-19.

When Crawford came to New York, we've been a lottery team for 4 years in a row already.

Chicago was a lottery team when Crawford was taking the most shots on the team.

Now us?

You? You're actually going to sit here and try to convince Crawford is worthy? I suggest you take a timeout and watch the games. If you already did, watch them and focus on the real problems and be a more aware and logical Knick fan instead of a defendant.

I understand Marbury's weaknesses and limitations; but the man is superior to Crawford and can be used to help this TEAM more than Crawford can ever. When we let Marbury be more freely, he averages 20 and 9 and we play competitive basketball. When we let Crawford play freely(all the time) He takes 500 shots in two games so he can get his useless 20 points at the same time we'll lose by two to shitty teams.

I'm convinced Crawford is the worst starting SG in the NBA. You have to be silly to think just because Jamal has a higher PPG average that he's better than others. I'm looking at the whole game here. A guy like Bogans plays defense and hits a higher percentage of 3's and plays defense. Same with Sasha Pavlovic or starting SG's of that role.

Crawford's role is lead, make smart decisions and be an efficient scorer since he's taking the most shots on this team.

He has failed all three, miserably, in the last 4 years.

If it doesn't take you 4 years to realize that Jamal Crawford has been one of the most cancerous players in Knicks history, how long will it ever take you to grasp and understand that?

Isiahsexuals just can't understand. :cool: