Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

metrocard

Legend
Melo/Paul with 3 scrubs would no way be a top 3 team in the league....Your Kidding right ?

You cannot be a top 3 team in the league when only 1 of your top 2 players play defense....
Remember the other 3 are scrubs and lets say average at best on defense....

Melo is average on defense, stop acting like he's Jose Calderon.

CP3 and Melo would be the best duo in the league.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The big Rockets-Celtics trade that has been talked up for Asik apparently doesn't involve Rondo.
So any hope for a deadline deal is still there.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

2e3bq05.jpg

basically the Rockets-Celtics-Cavs trade is actually legitimately forming so I just added the Knicks and Waiters wants out of Cleveland so why not throw him in and Celtics and Cavs would split the 1st round picks involved. We take Bennett basically because he's trash and the Cavs want a do over in the draft.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Hate to interrupt the subject .... Why dont we just trade Melo then JR asap so we can win in the postseason games.
The consistent ISO-Melo in every offensive-possession the final 7 minutes of each game is killing us .. TANKING!!!

Trade ISO-Melo asap for 2014/15 draft picks ..
demote Mike Woodson to the D.League ..
what do u think???

There is more merit to your idea now then ever before. While I don't blame Melo for all of the Knicks shortcomings, the question should really be can he bring ups a Championship? Can this squad bring us a championship? What is needed for us to get to that status?

I think the answer to this is clear. He can't do it and there isn't anyone that can play along side him that will make the team better. Isolation play after play will only work to pad Melo's stats, but what good is that if we're losing?

Second and more relevant issue is the team is just bad. There are very few complementary players that can play at a consistent level. All the more reason to start making some trades for expiring contracts, young athletic players and future draft picks.

It's unfortunate but you've got to start looking at cleaning shop at this point. We'll see what happens once Chandler gets the rust off. I said this last year. Any team that has JR as their second scoring option is in trouble.

LeFlume

All Star
We gotta keep Melo. You never gonna win a championship without at least 2 top level players. The last "team" to win a championship was Pistons in 04. Since then "star players" have won the title with solid role players supporting them. Shaq-DWade, The Spurs trio, Kobe & Pau, Big three in Boston, Big Three In Miami. Don't think that we can build a team from scratch and win. It's not gonna happen. Good teams are getting better and the bad teams are getting worse. Stars attract stars. It's never been a bigger gap in the NBA between the good teams and the bad than it is now. Keep Melo and build the team around him.

Kiyaman

Legend
We gotta keep Melo. You never gonna win a championship without at least 2 top level players. The last "team" to win a championship was Pistons in 04. Since then "star players" have won the title with solid role players supporting them. Shaq-DWade, The Spurs trio, Kobe & Pau, Big three in Boston, Big Three In Miami. Don't think that we can build a team from scratch and win. It's not gonna happen. Good teams are getting better and the bad teams are getting worse. Stars attract stars. It's never been a bigger gap in the NBA between the good teams and the bad than it is now. Keep Melo and build the team around him.

Did u just mention keep Melo .... did u watch the last two games?
The loss to the Washington Wizards in MSG, then the double OT win vs the 5-20 Bucks

We didnt need Melo in the lineup to lose by one point vs Wizards, and we damn sure did not need Melo 32% fg shooting in crunchtime, and double OT for a win vs a 5-20 record team .. 29 shots for 29 points, 55 minutes to get 9 rebounds when u got a big-body Tyson boxing-out for 37 minutes.
Melo is not a star .. Melo is a stat flller for high points.

If we are TANKING then lets trade Melo for a few 2014/15 draft picks .. the NBA future stars are in the next two drafts.
What I mean by stars are players that can play to their teammates best talents (Complimentary Star player)...

LeFlume

All Star
Did you watch Paul Pierce before KG & Ray arrived? He was always on the trade block but never any takers. He had a terrible attitude, was more selfish than Melo ever been and he played way below his talent for years and then....Voila!!!

I understand what you're saying Kiya but I think getting rid of Melo would be a mistake. I think everything starts with him, We just need to find his KG and Ray.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
New York Knicks Receive: PF Kris Humphries (one year, $12 million), SG Courtney Lee ($three years, $16.4 million), PG Rajon Rondo (two years, $24.9 million) and SF Gerald Wallace (three years, $30.3 million).
Boston Celtics Receive: C Tyson Chandler (two years, $28.7 million), PG Kyle Lowry (one year, $6.2 million), PF Amar'e Stoudemire (two years, $45.1 million) and 2018 first-round draft pick (from New York).
Toronto Raptors Receive: PG Raymond Felton (three years, $11.4 million) and SG Iman Shumpert (three years, $8 million).

I'd do it in a heartbeat

Kiyaman

Legend
Did you watch Paul Pierce before KG & Ray arrived? He was always on the trade block but never any takers. He had a terrible attitude, was more selfish than Melo ever been and he played way below his talent for years and then....Voila!!!

I understand what you're saying Kiya but I think getting rid of Melo would be a mistake. I think everything starts with him, We just need to find his KG and Ray.

Not a fan of Pierce, but I learn to respect his ability as a closer.
I gave a young Pierce, and a young Walker their Props for making Boston a 2nd round playoff team for a couple of seasons. Then GM Ainge was hired .. slump-slump-slump seasons till the BIG-3.
Before KG & Ray, Peirce won twice the amount of playoff series than Melo has in his career now.

It was Pierce demanding to be traded that got KG & Ray in Boston .. it was during the same chaotic-offseason where rumors was going around that Kobe Bryant was demanding to be traded. The big Brass of every NBA team started bidding crazy for Kobe. The Boston Celtics Brass took advantage of the moment to setup a deal for Ray Allen, then called in all old debts from GM Mchale to get "KG" in Boston.
I dont recall Boston ever trading a B+ Star player they drafted .. thats like the Pacer's trading Hibbert or Paul George, it aint happening.

Im sorry to say, when it comes down to Melo's all-around talent .. think back to high-scoring George Gervin.
Anytime I watch a game of OKC Westbrook & Durant gellin-chemistry on both sides of the court,
It makes me angry with Melo for never bonding on offense or defense with any of the PG he had in his 10 yr career.