Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

metrocard

Legend
I've been thinking... If we make all these trades for the sole purpose of clearing up cap space, no matter how shitty the roster is afterwards... DO you really think Lebron or any other star free agent would want to come to a team like that?

You gotta do more thinking, any NEW roster is better than the roster we have now. You can't get any worse than this current roster. Do you really think we can? I know Euroleague teams who would have more sucess in the NBA than a team led by the 30% winning percentage Jamal Crawful.

More thinking is needed if you forgot NY is the biggest NBA market.

Clearing the cap is a primary objective for Donnie Walsh, whether you like it or not.

jzero29

Rotation player
Lebron

If our roster is full of young talent that we draft and not overpaid underachiving losers, I think it will be more appealing, oh wait...we don't really have any draft picks left before 2010, most of them traded away, by the anti christ.
Anyway, seriously do we have anyone on the team you think he wants to play with now? Besides Marbury, who is past his prime, now a shell of former self? Maybe Z-bo, even though he doesn't play def and is a black hole. Ball hog jamaal, and his terrible shooting pct, especially from 3. Eddy no defense curry, I cant score, turn over prone? Jerome "ask the hot dog vender to come downthe the bench please" James. Q-rich, just hasn't had it recently. David lee? He's a slight draw,but not a superstar, but will he be here? What about Robinson? I could see him fit well with lebron, But is he enough to draw him? What about Jefferies and balkman? Just more role players that would leave the scoring burden steadily on Lebrons shoulders. Chandler? Has he shown us anything worthy of attention from lebron?

Lebron needs spot a up shooter, to hover and spread defense, kind of like gibson and west, and dammon jones(used to be)the knicks have no spot up shooters. he needs a post player kind of like Illgauskas who scores, rebounds and plays defence(imagine that, we know eddy curry can't imagine it)Z-bo and curry? besides the fact they don't play well together, they don't play defense and need the ball to much to suceed with James. Couple defensive,Huslting high energy guys like ben wallace(use to be) varajo and joe smith.Okay we have hustle guys like lee, balkman and jefferies(but they are little help in scoring and haven't really impacted the defense that much) A Pg that is a distrubuting PG and provides some penetration and scoring...like West has potential to be, uhm no one on the knicks distributes like a pg should.
The cavs could use just one more good scorer to compliment, Ilgauskas and James and delonte west is comming along.
The cavs -without lebron are a better team then the knicks. SO this current roster needs to go. If we put some young talented pieces together, in 2010 maybe we can land lebron.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
My blow it the f**k up trade idea:

Eddy Curry and David Lee to the Cleveland Cavaliers for

Joe Smith, Damon Joes, a 2008 and 2009 second round pick, and a 2010 first round pick

The Knicks get two expiring contracts, and they get ALL the picks that Isiah traded away.

The Cavs get a hardworking powerforward that can rebound and score around the basket.

jzero29

Rotation player
I'd take it.

I'd take it, if the cavs would. Lee is a loss, but no guarantee he'll remain with knicks without us having to throw a boatload at him, making him just another overpaid slightly above avg player on a team of avg players, instead of a great energy player with great value. It's just tough
to get a team to take on currys contract, plus they'll have to resign david lee.

You gotta do more thinking, any NEW roster is better than the roster we have now. You can't get any worse than this current roster. Do you really think we can? I know Euroleague teams who would have more sucess in the NBA than a team led by the 30% winning percentage Jamal Crawful.

More thinking is needed if you forgot NY is the biggest NBA market.

Clearing the cap is a primary objective for Donnie Walsh, whether you like it or not.

I see your point... But if we have a roster full of Jared Jeffries type palyers then that definately is a downgrade from what we are now. All im saying is I want to get under the cap but at the same time get players who are atleast halfway decent to be hear to stick around. I dont wanna be one of those teams that has to rely on one man to always ge the job done. I want a actual team. Not he New York Lebrons,etc.

umynot

Benchwarmer
Best trade we can make is

Trade Crawford and Nate to Seattle for the No. 4 pick!!

Trade Randolph to Cleveland or Philly for whatever they give us plus their first rounder!!

Draft Mayo @ 4 the Gallinari @ 6!!!!

Then a draft one of these bigs with Cleveland or Philly pick!!

Let Starbury Im running the mountains in Cali play out his contract!!

This way we have a future!!

Akamu

The King
My blow it the f**k up trade idea:

Eddy Curry and David Lee to the Cleveland Cavaliers for

Joe Smith, Damon Joes, a 2008 and 2009 second round pick, and a 2010 first round pick

The Knicks get two expiring contracts, and they get ALL the picks that Isiah traded away.

The Cavs get a hardworking powerforward that can rebound and score around the basket.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I like the idea of trying to get back the picks we lost by the transvestite. This is a trade gear'd towards building a good team for 2010, I don't like the idea of waiting so long for some excitement but we don't have too much leverage, that's one good realistic idea there.

I can't see us being a good team until 2010, maybe a miracle trade or something can happen but at the least in my mind we won't do good until 2010. That's just my thought on my Knicks, I hope maybe something will come up and we get blessed. I'm hoping for the best despite what I am currently thinking, I usually don't set an unsure idea in my head-

Paul1355

All Star
whoever started this post...how can u keep balkman and give away crawford? a guy who averaged 20 a game and had no one else helping him out...the knicks have no offense except him get real knicks fans him and Zach Randolph were the offense. I can only trade crawford if i know im drafting a good SG or will have a good SG in return we need offense on this team and crawford will probably stay becuase D'Antoni likes him and he can fit in his system...Trade Balkman and Mardy Collins please these guys can't play give up too many turnovers and have no offensive skill and they always shoot it i know everyone loves balkman i don't...Jerome James can be used for once just play the guy see what he does he's 7'1 knicks have no big men....I'd keep Crawford, Nate, Lee, and Chanlder definetly...only keep curry if he can step up and work out but he can't be stopped in the post we saw it with his 20 ppg season he has great potential its all if he wants to use it...You can trade Zach Randolph and Balkman to the 76ers for Samuel Dalembert and a young guy and the salary difference is a small difference with the Knicks paying less and Maurice CHeeks has reported wanting Zach Randolph...and Sam D is a shot blocker that can rebound 10 a game get him he's a good fit..Randolph Morris I can keep for one more year if he doesn't improve then trade him.

metrocard

Legend
whoever started this post...how can u keep balkman and give away crawford? a guy who averaged 20 a game and had no one else helping him out...the knicks have no offense except him get real knicks fans him and Zach Randolph were the offense. I can only trade crawford if i know im drafting a good SG or will have a good SG in return we need offense on this team and crawford will probably stay becuase D'Antoni likes him and he can fit in his system...Trade Balkman and Mardy Collins please these guys can't play give up too many turnovers and have no offensive skill and they always shoot it i know everyone loves balkman i don't...Jerome James can be used for once just play the guy see what he does he's 7'1 knicks have no big men....I'd keep Crawford, Nate, Lee, and Chanlder definetly...only keep curry if he can step up and work out but he can't be stopped in the post we saw it with his 20 ppg season he has great potential its all if he wants to use it...You can trade Zach Randolph and Balkman to the 76ers for Samuel Dalembert and a young guy and the salary difference is a small difference with the Knicks paying less and Maurice CHeeks has reported wanting Zach Randolph...and Sam D is a shot blocker that can rebound 10 a game get him he's a good fit..Randolph Morris I can keep for one more year if he doesn't improve then trade him.

Do you really need to help Crawford in chucking and playing soft defense?

Knicks have no offense because of CRAWFORD.

You would trade Crawford for a defensive SG like Francisco Garcia or Salmons in a HEARTBEAT, any smart GM would do that. Anyteam that Crawford leads in FGA attempts is a losing team.

FACT: Jamal Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA, his career winning % is 30%. He lost. He's one of the first guys we should trade.

LMAO @ Balkman can't play. He's our most explosive player, best rebounder, shot blocker and perimeter defender. He's a great offensive player in the fastbreak. You bugging.

How would Jerome James play, do you take into consideration he hasn't played basketball in a long time and is totally out of shape? Curry is out of shape also but Isiah still force fed him minutes that he didn't deserve.

Paul1355

All Star
Do you really need to help Crawford in chucking and playing soft defense?

Knicks have no offense because of CRAWFORD.

You would trade Crawford for a defensive SG like Francisco Garcia or Salmons in a HEARTBEAT, any smart GM would do that. Anyteam that Crawford leads in FGA attempts is a losing team.

FACT: Jamal Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA, his career winning % is 30%. He lost. He's one of the first guys we should trade.

LMAO @ Balkman can't play. He's our most explosive player, best rebounder, shot blocker and perimeter defender. He's a great offensive player in the fastbreak. You bugging.

How would Jerome James play, do you take into consideration he hasn't played basketball in a long time and is totally out of shape? Curry is out of shape also but Isiah still force fed him minutes that he didn't deserve.

Let me start off with the stats man leading ppg...Crawford 20 ppg and lead team assist with 5 a game and look who he played with... the Bulls when they were bad and the Knicks not the greatest resume, on a good team he can be a deadly SG he has a shot and when he's hot he goes crazy making everything and make the hardest shots a guy can make...rebounds were Zach Randolph with 10 per game so that you don't get fooled thinking balkman does it all...and bro balkman averaged 3 PPG last season in 14.6 minutes per game and 3 rebounds per game he has no offense and by the way free throw percentage 43% and EDDY CURRY average more blocks and a better blocking percentage! he may be explosive as in fast and can jump high but when he stops missing dunks in the fast break then ill respect his "offensive game" I ain't buggin im just speakin the truth man if balkman can improve he can be good but his season did not impress me at all it actually made me laugh. you saw during games he'd miss dunks and the knick bench would laugh at him..when he throws it down i luv it but it happens less than it should. his defense is good...and I mentioned Jerome James becuase the knicks have no centers and he only played 2 min last season..just test him out if he's not in shape then i agree with u to just bench his ass but a 7'1 guy on a small knicks team should not be never used. And crawford's defense does have to improve i don't argue that but his ppg and assist lead this team so if you can find me someone who will score 20 a game and 5 assist then give me a call bcause no one on the knicks can match those offensive numbers. And he shot so many shots because no one else can shoot. so i hope you understand why im explaining this to u

metrocard

Legend
20 ppg means nothing when most of his shots were chucks and he played some of the most minutes in the NBA. Alot of SG's in the NBA can average 20 ppg if you give them the freedom Isiah gave Crawford.

Bulls become a playoff team when Crawford left, regardless, Crawford has never made the playoffs and has a 30% winning percentage in the reg season. Theres no denying the fact he's the biggest loser in the NBA. Why would any Knick fan want to keep the biggest loser in the NBA?

Crawford would never be on a good team, thats not realistic. Even if you put Crawford on the Spurs, he would get 10-15 minutes a game only for offense. Spurs priority is defense, Crawford is one of the worst in the NBA defensively.

Balkman averaged 1.3 blocks per 40 minutes last season and he average 2 blocks per 40 his rookie year. Guess Curry's average? .8. Curry is the worst shot blocking center in NBA history.

What is a block percentage?

There is no truth in your words, no one expected Balkman to have an offensive game. He's our best defender and one of our best rebounders and fastbreak assets. He has more value than Crawford and Curry combined to this team(cheap contract and all his intangibles for the formula of winning).

He ISN'T in shape, what makes you think Jerome James is in shape?

I'm disappointed in you, after all the losing and all the failures, you're sucking off Jamal because Isiah gave him control of the team and 40 minutes a game. Do you FUCKING realize what that lead to? Another 23-59 season. Crawford can't be the "man", I can't believe I'm even explaining this; I thought Isiahsexuals died months ago.

Paul1355

All Star
idk were u got the balkman stats but espn has curry leading in blocks but i know balkmans a good defender just saw on espn that he wasn't close in blocks...losing percentage doesn't mean shit to me it's just being on bad teams i dont think we'll agree on anything man lol and fyi i fukin hated isiah so don't say im a isiah whatever u called me cuz i hated seeing him smiling on the sidelines and post game conferences every time they lost...the worst coach and GM in history...crawford was the starting SG cuz no one else could shoot i cant say it anymore his defense sucked yea of course he has to work on it but he can shoot and thats why there called shooting guards...i'd keep him unless i know i have an offesive SG waiting to take his spot which we don't. and u said that no one expected balkman to be a good offensive player but yet u think hes an explosive offensive player so i dont get that but jus to rest my case...don't like balkman...crawford can take over a game an can shoot...needs defensive work definetly not arguing that... his salary is high if we can get a decent shooting SG with some defense go right ahead he can be trade bait but i like the kid and i would prefer not trading him..the knicks didnt lose because of crawford your blaming the season on one guy man..it was Isiah and all the other bullshit that this team went through on and off the court ruining the chemisty of this team and injuries making it harder to win. i hope this convo is done lol

Akamu

The King
This team had CHEMISTRY??? GTFO when was this??? LOL!

Yes Crawgodawful lead the team in scoring cause our great coach comes in and does a wonderful job of letting a guy that sucks at being a leader go and run the offense. Even if he is might make those "hard to make shots" that's just terrible to rely on chucks, instead of creating good solid plays and making the possession as usefully accurate as possible, you expect to win playoff games like that? Toss it up see where it lands. When he has a bad night the Knicks get spanked. I can't stand seeing him with the ball, he has some skill but I would knock him out from running the offense, just say no.

We have NFL centers, "here's a stool for your courtside throne King Jerome!" "Come on Zach let go of the twinkie ...I mean ball that's in your hand, pass it my dude" "Naw don't jump to block that shot Curry, those biscuits take time to digest"

Isiah is the only coach in the NBA to have a HUGE smile on his stupid evilish face when his team is getting raped time and time again, I think he gets off at seeing our team get manhandled!

If there is any good to decent players on our what we call a team, it's Nasty Nate Robinson, David Lee, Ranaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, Stephon Marbury, everyone else I want them banished. I use to like Quentin Richardson but someone gunned down his game...banish him too!

metrocard

Legend
idk were u got the balkman stats but espn has curry leading in blocks but i know balkmans a good defender just saw on espn that he wasn't close in blocks...losing percentage doesn't mean shit to me it's just being on bad teams i dont think we'll agree on anything man lol and fyi i fukin hated isiah so don't say im a isiah whatever u called me cuz i hated seeing him smiling on the sidelines and post game conferences every time they lost...the worst coach and GM in history...crawford was the starting SG cuz no one else could shoot i cant say it anymore his defense sucked yea of course he has to work on it but he can shoot and thats why there called shooting guards...i'd keep him unless i know i have an offesive SG waiting to take his spot which we don't. and u said that no one expected balkman to be a good offensive player but yet u think hes an explosive offensive player so i dont get that but jus to rest my case...don't like balkman...crawford can take over a game an can shoot...needs defensive work definetly not arguing that... his salary is high if we can get a decent shooting SG with some defense go right ahead he can be trade bait but i like the kid and i would prefer not trading him..the knicks didnt lose because of crawford your blaming the season on one guy man..it was Isiah and all the other bullshit that this team went through on and off the court ruining the chemisty of this team and injuries making it harder to win. i hope this convo is done lol

Curry played more minutes than Balkman, but Balkman is the more productive shot blocker.

And on ESPN, Curry averaged .49 blocks in over 25 minutes. Balkman averaged .46 blocks in 14 minutes...basically half of Curry's playing time. Brother, just please stop; you're making a fool out of yourself now by not reading the stats correctly and coming here and trying to convince me you would rather have Curry as your anchor on help defense than Balkman. Balkman should of got 25 minutes a game and Curry should of got 14 minutes a game. Curry is such a terrible shot blocker; he wouldn't even record a .01 block in 14 minutes.

Losing percentage means something in reality, you may not to want to accept the reality of the situation, but I already presented. I can't help you if you have a problem accepting that Jamal Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA. The Crawford Line is named in honor of New York Knicks guard Jamal Crawford, who has a career winning percentage of .307, worst among active players with at least 400 games played.

Crawford can't shoot either, he's always shooting around 38-40% FG and 31-33% 3pt. Its not that he has a bad jumpshot, he just has terrible shot selection and kills us every game with his bonehead chucks Theres no denying that. He's a chucking guard, not a shooting guard.

Be real my nigga, Crawford starts because he's Isiah son. He wear 11 in dedication for Isiah, Isiah did everything possible to acquire Crawford and he took the ball from the superior all star PG in Marbury and gave it to Jamal. Isiah had favorites and didn't care about losing percentages (like you) this is why I asked for your status as an Isiahsexual.

We need a defensive SG, not an offensive SG, haven't you learn anything from the last 3-4 seasons?

Crawford is replaceable by the following guys.

J. Johnson(better at everything)
R. Allen (better at everything)
J. Richardson (better at everything)
J. Terry (better shooter, defender, PG)
A. Iverson (better at everything)
R. Hamilton (better at everything)
M. Ellis (better at everything)
T. McGrady (better at everything)
M. Dunleavy (better at everything)
K. Bryant (better at everything)
M. Miller (better shooter, rebounder, more consistant, bigger)
M. Redd (better at everything)
V. Carter (better at everything)
M. Peterson (better shooter, defender)
W. Green (superior defender, can score physically instead of Chuck like Jamal)
R. Bell (All NBA defender, superior shooter, understands winning)
B. Roy (better at everything)
K. Martin (better at everything)
M. Ginobili (better at everything)
K. Durant (better at everything)
A. Parker (superior defender and shooter, role player for a winning team)
R. Brewer (superior defender shoots 50%, role player for a winning team)
D. Stevenson (superior defender and shooter, role player for a winning team)
F. Garcia (superior defender, slasher, shooter, younger, taller, longer, averages 18 ppg in per 40 minutes stats, more efficient player)
O. Mayo - (better at everything)
E. Gordon - (better at everything)
D. Gallinari - (better at everything)

So how can you seriously want to go to war with such a weak weapon like Crawford? He doesn't match up with the big boys.

Paul1355

All Star
Curry played more minutes than Balkman, but Balkman is the more productive shot blocker.

And on ESPN, Curry averaged .49 blocks in over 25 minutes. Balkman averaged .46 blocks in 14 minutes...basically half of Curry's playing time. Brother, just please stop; you're making a fool out of yourself now by not reading the stats correctly and coming here and trying to convince me you would rather have Curry as your anchor on help defense than Balkman. Balkman should of got 25 minutes a game and Curry should of got 14 minutes a game. Curry is such a terrible shot blocker; he wouldn't even record a .01 block in 14 minutes.

Losing percentage means something in reality, you may not to want to accept the reality of the situation, but I already presented. I can't help you if you have a problem accepting that Jamal Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA. The Crawford Line is named in honor of New York Knicks guard Jamal Crawford, who has a career winning percentage of .307, worst among active players with at least 400 games played.

Crawford can't shoot either, he's always shooting around 38-40% FG and 31-33% 3pt. Its not that he has a bad jumpshot, he just has terrible shot selection and kills us every game with his bonehead chucks Theres no denying that. He's a chucking guard, not a shooting guard.

Be real my nigga, Crawford starts because he's Isiah son. He wear 11 in dedication for Isiah, Isiah did everything possible to acquire Crawford and he took the ball from the superior all star PG in Marbury and gave it to Jamal. Isiah had favorites and didn't care about losing percentages (like you) this is why I asked for your status as an Isiahsexual.

We need a defensive SG, not an offensive SG, haven't you learn anything from the last 3-4 seasons?

Crawford is replaceable by the following guys.

J. Johnson(better at everything)
R. Allen (better at everything)
J. Richardson (better at everything)
J. Terry (better shooter, defender, PG)
A. Iverson (better at everything)
R. Hamilton (better at everything)
M. Ellis (better at everything)
T. McGrady (better at everything)
M. Dunleavy (better at everything)
K. Bryant (better at everything)
M. Miller (better shooter, rebounder, more consistant, bigger)
M. Redd (better at everything)
V. Carter (better at everything)
M. Peterson (better shooter, defender)
W. Green (superior defender, can score physically instead of Chuck like Jamal)
R. Bell (All NBA defender, superior shooter, understands winning)
B. Roy (better at everything)
K. Martin (better at everything)
M. Ginobili (better at everything)
K. Durant (better at everything)
A. Parker (superior defender and shooter, role player for a winning team)
R. Brewer (superior defender shoots 50%, role player for a winning team)
D. Stevenson (superior defender and shooter, role player for a winning team)
F. Garcia (superior defender, slasher, shooter, younger, taller, longer, averages 18 ppg in per 40 minutes stats, more efficient player)
O. Mayo - (better at everything)
E. Gordon - (better at everything)
D. Gallinari - (better at everything)

So how can you seriously want to go to war with such a weak weapon like Crawford? He doesn't match up with the big boys.

ok field percent isnt strong but i still think on a good team with a pg that can distribute that crawford can have much better numbers like any other shooting guard. the knicks had no one to help him get shots. you saw Nate played most of the season and didnt average high assist...some guards dont need a distributer like a kobe or lebron but im not even close to comparing crawford to them cuz we can both agree crawford will never be as good lol just feel that crawford has been basically alone offensively which forces him to chuck shots and get blamed for games offensivley..thats wut i feel about him... end of story

Paul1355

All Star
This team had CHEMISTRY??? GTFO when was this??? LOL!

Yes Crawgodawful lead the team in scoring cause our great coach comes in and does a wonderful job of letting a guy that sucks at being a leader go and run the offense. Even if he is might make those "hard to make shots" that's just terrible to rely on chucks, instead of creating good solid plays and making the possession as usefully accurate as possible, you expect to win playoff games like that? Toss it up see where it lands. When he has a bad night the Knicks get spanked. I can't stand seeing him with the ball, he has some skill but I would knock him out from running the offense, just say no.

We have NFL centers, "here's a stool for your courtside throne King Jerome!" "Come on Zach let go of the twinkie ...I mean ball that's in your hand, pass it my dude" "Naw don't jump to block that shot Curry, those biscuits take time to digest"

Isiah is the only coach in the NBA to have a HUGE smile on his stupid evilish face when his team is getting raped time and time again, I think he gets off at seeing our team get manhandled!

If there is any good to decent players on our what we call a team, it's Nasty Nate Robinson, David Lee, Ranaldo Balkman, Wilson Chandler, Stephon Marbury, everyone else I want them banished. I use to like Quentin Richardson but someone gunned down his game...banish him too!

akamu i never sayed that they had chemistry just sayin that when isiah came it made it worse than ever and watch Q-rich i know you said u don't like him anymore prob because of his injuries last year and bad numbers but confidence can make players alot better and D'Antoni might change this guy around a little bit so just watch that.

metrocard

Legend
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Jermaine O'Neal
Marquis Daniels
Jeff Foster
2008 pick #11

for

Zach Randolph
Eddy Curry
Crawford
2009 first round pick

Indiana
Tinsley/Diener
Dunleavy/Crawford
Granger/Williams
Randolph/Diogu
Curry/Murphy/Harrison

Knicks
Marbury/Augustin(#11)/Robinson
Mayo/Richardson/Collins
Chandler/Balkman
Lee/Jefferies
O'Neal/Foster

O'Neal's contract expires in 2010, as well Daniels. Foster expires in 2009. We

GetRealistic

Starter
Very creative, but unfortunately Indiana would never do that. Why would they want replace Jermaines contract with another big one that lasts longer. Not to mention we all saw that Eddy and Zach can't play together.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Knicks Get:

Al Harrington (1 year left on contract)
Kosta Perovic (who?)

Warriors Get:

Eddy Curry
Mardy Collins

???

GetRealistic

Starter
Knicks Get:

Al Harrington (1 year left on contract)
Kosta Perovic (who?)

Warriors Get:

Eddy Curry
Mardy Collins

???

We all basically agree that Curry playing in D'Antoni's offense is a stretch at best. So why would Golden State a team that has played up and down style want to add Curry and his bloaded salary? They also have Biedras (however you spell it) Who is a shot blocking rebounder that has been in the system for years now.

And Mardy Collins is worthless at this point, he's only use is to make salaries match or to hopefully revert back to the end of his rookie season.