Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Man I hope you are kidding. I always figured if you or Metro could clone "Starbury" our starting five would be all Starburys. My problem is who would actually show up for the games??? Half the squad would be hurt and the other half just wouldn't show period. Practice would be fun though. Puff Puff Pass....

Shmuck.jpg

dre48ny

Rotation player
That's enough beef for now. Back to the purpose of why this thread was started: The official Trade Thread

Now that Walsh will be officially introduced, do you think that the ex-pacer influence Walsh-Isaiah will lure him in?

Would you guys mind bringing O'Neal if the Pacers would take back Curry, Q-Rich and Cash?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I personally dont want O'neil if he's going to be coming in here playing Center. I dont want him coming in here and not have Curry in here. Thats just me. Secondly, I think the people would find it quite fishy if Walsh were to get Indiana to part with their best player... With the David Stern wanting his nba to appear above all the fray, i think he would frown upon that as well

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
As for a trade, being that this is the official trade post... i Randolph Crawford and Balkman and maybe a protected future pick for McGrady and Battier. We get a bona fide superstar, and a proven defensive stopper @ the 3, who if left open could actually hit an jumper. I know McGrady isnt what he once was, but he's still a real good player averaging over 21 a game abnd 6 assist a game.

traderesult

dre48ny

Rotation player
I would take that. Battier reminds me of Bruce Bowen. He can play D-Fense boy!!

I don't think the rockets would do it, but that would be a nice trade.

metrocard

Legend
As for a trade, being that this is the official trade post... i Randolph Crawford and Balkman and maybe a protected future pick for McGrady and Battier. We get a bona fide superstar, and a proven defensive stopper @ the 3, who if left open could actually hit an jumper. I know McGrady isnt what he once was, but he's still a real good player averaging over 21 a game abnd 6 assist a game.

traderesult

T'Mac is damaged goods.
Battier is a keeper for Houston.

NBA Live 08 trades don't happen in real life.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
I don't think this is a NBA2k8 kind of a trade at all, the Rockets are in no way guarunteed to get out of the 1st round yet again, and when that occurs, change will come. They aren't getting rid of Yao, so McGrady is the next option. As "damaged" as you may say he is, his numbers are still there and can't be disputed. Also, when I say a protected future pick, i am talking about years in the future maybe 2010 or around that time. And finally, McGrady's salary comes off the books in 2010 right when Walsh stated he wanted to go after those big free agents..

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I don't think this is a NBA2k8 kind of a trade at all, the Rockets are in no way guarunteed to get out of the 1st round yet again, and when that occurs, change will come. They aren't getting rid of Yao, so McGrady is the next option. As "damaged" as you may say he is, his numbers are still there and can't be disputed. Also, when I say a protected future pick, i am talking about years in the future maybe 2010 or around that time. And finally, McGrady's salary comes off the books in 2010 right when Walsh stated he wanted to go after those big free agents..

ok so u made a point y we wud want to do this, but y in da world wud the rockets want z-bo and crawford?? what wud they do beta than t-mac?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

You made a decent point but if im the rockets gm, will i look to trade tmac for crawford and randolph or will i look to get more for him? Im lookin to get more. Crawford has something named after him called the Crawford Line. So far Crawford has a losing percentage of 32% and he has played more games then any other player in the NBA without ever playing in a playoff game. I know he hasnt always been on the same teams but with all the losing Crawford has done if i was a gm i would stay away from him. Why would the Rockets want zach randolph, a player who has proven his is selfish. I like zach (no homo), i think he is very talented but he wont be worth much until he can become a better team player.

I think t-macs value is overrated anyways. If i was the rockets gm of course im gonna try to get more for him then hes worth, business is business. Hes played well since january but hes always injured and within the next year or two hes gonna start to slow down. I have always thought hes just as talented as anyone else but mentally he hasnt shown the confidence of a winner.

dre48ny

Rotation player
What if LeBron does not make it far in the playoffs and claims he wants more help.

Would Jamal Crawford and Malik Rose for

Wally Szczerbiak and Damon Jones be a good trade?

Szczerbiak and Jones contracts expire after 2008-2009.
That's almost 18 million dollars.

Malik Rose's contract expires 2008-2009 as well.

Jamal Crawford can perhaps play well along LeBron and for once he will have a winning record(crawford line). Crawford and James can be a good 1-2 punch.

The Knicks can look towards the future and start freeing up cap space to sign a legitimate SG, who can defend, score, and be more consistent.

What do you think?

dre48ny

Rotation player
What about this trade:

Zach Randolph for Richard Jefferson straight up.

Almost identical contracts and same length. Different positions but same caliber of talent. Equal value. The nets get a real PF and we get a real SF. That RJ and Vince Carter combination is not woking either sort of like Curry and randolph. Plus RJ does play some Defense, unlike Q-Rich. Chandler still has to develop some more.

Cut Q-Rich!!

Knicks 2008-2009

PG: Marbury/Robinson
SG: Crawford/ (don't know if the knicks resign Fred jones)
SF: Jefferson/Chandler/Jefferies
PF: Lee/ Rose
C: Curry/ Jerome James

Plus hopefully a to 3 draft pck.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This might work!

What about this trade? They work financially but I'm not sure if they would be accepted. If so, it would get us well under the cap by the end of the '09-'10 season and we could go after several free agents.

Trade #1: Zach Randolph to Chicago for Larry Hughes. (Chicago desperately needs a low post threat and they don't want Larry Hughes anymore- they might go for it)

Trade #2: Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford to Indiana for Jermaine Oneil. (Jamal is the key here, Jermaine wants out and regardless of the amount of hate Jamal receives on this site, he is probably our most valuable asset)

Our starting lineup would be:

PG - ?? (Derrick Rose if we get lucky) (maybe Marbury, would only keep him for expiring contract)
SG - Larry Hughes
SF - Wilson Chandler
PF - David Lee
C - Jermaine Oneil

With these trades, Jermaine Oneil, Larry Hughes, Q. Rich, and Jared Jeffries would all come off the books at the end of the '09-'10 season and we could go after Lebron and probably another big time free agent.

GetRealistic

Starter
I don't mind those trades at all. Not sure if Indy or Chicago would have any interest tough.

Sidenote if we did get Hughes there is no way we'd get Lebron because Lebron and Hughes didn't get along.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't mind those trades at all. Not sure if Indy or Chicago would have any interest tough.

Sidenote if we did get Hughes there is no way we'd get Lebron because Lebron and Hughes didn't get along.

Larry Hughes' contract would expire before Lebron would be signed. The lineup wouldn't be that good for the next two years but the whole point of the trade idea was to dump salary in order to sign Lebron and other free agents after the '09-'10 season.

I'm not sure if Indy or Chicago would be interested either, but they might. Atleast they are reasonable trade ideas.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
What about this trade? They work financially but I'm not sure if they would be accepted. If so, it would get us well under the cap by the end of the '09-'10 season and we could go after several free agents.

Trade #1: Zach Randolph to Chicago for Larry Hughes. (Chicago desperately needs a low post threat and they don't want Larry Hughes anymore- they might go for it)

Trade #2: Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford to Indiana for Jermaine Oneil. (Jamal is the key here, Jermaine wants out and regardless of the amount of hate Jamal receives on this site, he is probably our most valuable asset)

Our starting lineup would be:

PG - ?? (Derrick Rose if we get lucky) (maybe Marbury, would only keep him for expiring contract)
SG - Larry Hughes
SF - Wilson Chandler
PF - David Lee
C - Jermaine Oneil

With these trades, Jermaine Oneil, Larry Hughes, Q. Rich, and Jared Jeffries would all come off the books at the end of the '09-'10 season and we could go after Lebron and probably another big time free agent.

I can see the Chicago trade happening but I don't know if Indy would take on Curry and Crawford. Depends on how bad they want to rid them selves of Oneal. Good idea though.

metrocard

Legend
This trade is awesome

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Sacramento, New York, and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento, New York, and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Sacramento King gets
Zach Randolph
Jermaine ONeil
Jamaal Tinsley
Ike Diougu
#41 pick from Indiana

Sacramento King give away
Brad Miller
Kenny Thomas
Ron Artest
Francisco Garcia
Mikki Moore
Sharif Abdul Rahim

Sacramento King
Tinsley/Udrih
Martin/Douby
Alexander(#12 lottery pick)Salmons
Randolph/Williams
O'Neil/Hawes

New York Knicks
get
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Mikki Moore
Francisco Garcia
Jeff Foster
#11 Pick from Indiana
#42 pick from Sacramento
#43 pick from Sacramento

New York Knicks
give up
Zach Randolph
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford
Jared Jefferies
#6 pick

New York Knicks

Marbury/Augustin(#11)/Robinson
Garcia/Richardson/Collins
Artest/Balkman/Gary Fobres(#43 pick)
Lee/Abdur-Rahim/Thomas
Foster/Moore/Joey Dorsey(#42 pick)

Indiana Pacer
gets
Brad Miller
Eddy Curry
Jamal Crawford
Jared Jefferies
#6 pick from New York

Indiana Pacer
give up
Jermaine O'Neil
Jamaal Tinsley
Jeff Foster
Ike Diogu
#41 pick
[/COLOR]

Indiana Pacer

Crawford/(Bayless, Gordon, Mayo, Lopez, or best available @ #)/Diener
Dunleavy//Murray
Granger/Daniels
Murphy/Jefferies
Curry/Miller/Harrison

Foster is an expiring
Garcia is a good role player/defender/shoot/versitle starting young player local guy
Abdul Rahim adds PF depth, veteran, offense, cheaper contract than what we gave up
Same for Thomas, but no offense, defense.
Artest is worth giving up the 6th pick for.
At 11 we draft out franchise PG.
at 42 we a defensive center we've been dying for in Dorsey.
at 43 we get a polished offensive player in Fobres, Brooklyn kid.

I've been thinking... If we make all these trades for the sole purpose of clearing up cap space, no matter how shitty the roster is afterwards... DO you really think Lebron or any other star free agent would want to come to a team like that?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good point ^, but its New York a city with a good basketball history for the most part. If the money is right the superstars will come.