Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official NBA Draft 2008 Thread

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Exactly Metro. Thanks you are right only the people that know what they talkin about like you and me should post about the draft not that scrub hitman. haha!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Ricky Rubio

Damn, that kids got anticipation 0:58 was a crazy pass, actually all of them where nice.. He is good.. You got a player profile on him? Is he goin for the draft this year?
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Jan 13, 2008 at 17:28.

DeAndre Jordan is now ranked the Knicks pick third overall on NBADraft.net..

The things about him is that he is a raw player, and his work ethic at times are not existant... I don't want this guy to be another Kwame... but it seems like the Knicks gotta take a chance on him.. if he does gets picked by the Knicks I think we should start him automatically... and trade EC away. Like Portland did to make room for Aldrigde PF spot because of drafting Oden and trading Zach away.

OR. if the Knicks do get the 3rd pick.. will the Knicks Pick Eric Gordon...He can play!... BUT he is a shooting guard, a player the Knicks really don't need at this point unless we trade Crawford.

OJ Mayo... Nah.. College is to much for him as you see.. Last year he was projected to be the top pick in the 08 draft. Has fallen to the 10th overall pick.

Hasheem Thabeet projected 11th pick.. 7 foot 3 inch player... Compared to Motumbo.. This YEAR 10 points 8 rebounds and 4 BLOCKED shots. He is a Sophomore for the Huskies. Good player. I think he will go down in the ranks. BUT he is a good player without a doubt.. A bit unconsisant on offense, but his defense pays off!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    That video was from last year.. This year is a big improvement in all areas.

Hilbert I dont like I am not goin to talk about him..He seems like an Isiah player. He is a senior in College This year 12 points and 6.5 rebounds per game. I like GEORGETOWN.. but I just don't really have faith in this kid. NBA comparison Joel Przybilla.

D.J. Augustin small but plays with heart has leadership I like this player. Currently ranked 16 for the 08 Draft.. Compared to a young Travis Best.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

KnicksonLIN.com

This is a good thread, but I think it would've been better to post this thread after the trade deadline. Depending on who or what Isiah trades between now and the deadline will determine the type of player we need.Right now, we could really use a good defensive Center and a good defensive point guard. But this could change, if Isiah makes a trade between now and the deadline.

how About That Dude Kenny George Frrom Unc

With the 2 game winning streak the Knicks are currently the 5th worse team in the NBA. Which if the lottery would go as planned and the Knicks would get the 5th pick small forward Donte Greene would be a player the Knicks would shoot for.

Donte Greene is a player with loads of potential, and he is a shooter. People relate his game to Rashard Lewis. Donte is a 6'11 SMALL FORWARD, with his height he can be a weapon the Knicks would pick up if drafted.

PPG 18.9 | APG 1.9 | RPG 8.2 | 1.2 STL | 2.0 BLK

These numbers are great for a freshmen in Syracuse or any other school.

The Knicks with there 2 game winning streak. They are 2 1/2 games in front of Miami. 1 1/2 game in front of Memphis. 3 games in front of Seattle. and 6 1/2 games in front of Minnesota.

Nathan Jawai is an amazing player. He has only recently been discovered by the scouts. But I have been watching him early on this NBL season when he started his rook campaign.

He is amazing, and the word is that if he went to college he would be a lottery pick. Alot better than bogut in my opinion.

He is projected to go at 30, which would be the steal of the draft.

But any team who gets him after ten would be very happen once they see him.

I would love for the knicks to trade Crawford/Randolph/Curry to the warriors for the 20th pick and draft this guy.

The knicks team would look like

Marbury
    Derrick Rose
    Balkman
    Lee
    Jawai

that would be the best young team in the nba

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I love scouting guys people never talk about, so I'm going to introduce you guys to a lottery pick prospect from Congo.

Serge Ibaka

H: 6' 10"
    W: 220 lbs
    Bday: 09/18/1989
    (18 Years Old)

Strengths:

Freakish athleticism
    Frame
    Wingspan
    Shot-blocking potential
    Lateral quickness
    Finishing ability
    Tenacity/Motor
    Perimeter shooting skills
    Range out to 3-point line
    Producing at fairly high European level
    Upside

Weaknesses:

Experience
    Back to the basket skills
    Decision making
    Basketball IQ
    Fundamentals
    Ball-handling skills
    Passing ability
    Work in progress

KnicksonLIN.com

You should also put weight as a weakness. Quentin Richardson is 4 inches shorter than him, and he weighs 15 pounds more.lol

I have no clue what you talkin about...He is a fit player. and thanks to his height he can actually JUMP. Unlike Curry, Randolph, Q, Rose, ETC.

This guy is in good shape plain and simple. That is a weakness to you lol.

Plus the pounds he weighs will change over time, almost all NBA Centers gain weight over there career. He will be fine. Look at Shaq, Dwight, Ofakor (PF), Curry is in a different league he should play for the D league..

I think its better to weight 220 Then Currys 285

KnicksonLIN.com

You have a good point.Weighing 220 doesn't stop you from playing well.There's plenty of players in this league who are slim and can still play well.Bad post by me.
    Last edited by abcd; Jan 21, 2008 at 12:54.

Hey man NO prob. son. Its all good. Sorry I was hard on you man.

Okay now there is a huge difference in what ESPN, and NBAdraft site tell me about the rookie standings.
    Top 10 Rookies projected to be Drafted in 08.
    ESPN
    1. Michael Beasley
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. Eric Gordon
    4. DeAndre Jordan
    5. O.J. Mayo
    6. Donte Greene
    7. Brook Lopez
    8. Chase Budinger
    9. Marreese Speights
    10. Darrell Arthur

NBAdraft. net
    1. Beasley
    2.Rose
    3.Jordan
    4.Gordon
    5.Greene
    6.Bayless
    7.Lopez
    8.Batum
    9.Hibbert
    10.Mayo.

Do you guys think Mayo will be a suprise in the NBA, I remember when he such a good player in HS, everyone thought he would be the best pick.

Anyway I vote NBAdraft. net the better site out of the two. That site knows what they are talkin about.

How come NBADraft.net has DeAndre Jordan going 3rd and DraftExpress doesn't have him drafted at all? I don't think I've ever seen a discrepancy in mock drafts like that before.

DraftExpress also gives Roy Hibbert a high rating. Possibly another Georgetown center coming to the Knicks?

- Fire Isiah
    - Trade Curry
    - Draft Hibbert
    - Hire Ewing as assistant coach
    - Ewing teaches Hibbert