The Official NBA Draft 2008 Thread

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
.Derrick Rose is playing really well for the Memphis Tigers. I think they got this. Derrick Rose is a top pick definately top 2. Who is going to take it? Kansas? or Memphis?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Draft

The Knicks are likely to have the fourth worst record. Miami is clearly number 1. Seattle is number 2 and not likely to improve because it has the toughest schedule. Minnesota has one more win -19 - than Seattle and two fewer than the Knicks, but they do have games against Charlotte, Memphis and Milwaukee. Memphis has the same number ofwins as the Knicks - 21 - but it has games against Minnesota and Miami. Thus I beleive it is likely that the Knicks will have the fourth worst record.

The worst record gets 250 ping pong balls; 2nd worst gets 199; 3rd 156; 4th 119 and 5th 88. This is out of 1000. If there are ties, the total is split.

The Knicks - if 4th - will have an 11.9% chance of the top pick and, depending on how many ping pong balls are eliminated after the first pick, a better chance at the second pick. For example, if Miami gets the first pick, then 250 balls are eliminated. If another team gets lucky, fewer balls will be eliminated.

If the Knicks get the first or second pick, then the choice, it seems to me, is Beasley or Rose. If the Knicks are not 1 or 2, they will not see either of them.

If they are 4th in chances, then they can do no worse than 7th. The tough question is whom to take after Beasley and Rose are gone.

nyKnicks126

GOod post Oldtimer, its a good question you asked about who to pick when Rose, and Beasley are already picked, it the Knicks fall to the 7th or 6th pick, its hard to make a good pick out of that. I would try to get a pure point guard. This team can't rely on Nates inconsistant play, plus Nate has to work on his passing game. which he did but it didn't make a huge difference.

I want Donnie Walsh to draft Eric Gordon. Gordon is such a great player, and he is so smart. He's so young, yet he knows how to play point guard and shooting guard. He makes me cry, every time I see him play, and he always takes my breath away. Isiah would like for Eric Gordon to come to the Knicks. I think it is an impeccable choice, if we get him. Isiah knows the game of basketball. He's a 50 greatest player. With the help of Isiah Thomas, Gordon could even join the 100 greatest players list. I see a direct correlation between Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, and Eric Gordon. Gordon is that good, you know.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
.Derrick Rose is playing really well for the Memphis Tigers. I think they got this. Derrick Rose is a top pick definately top 2. Who is going to take it? Kansas? or Memphis?

Im lookin forward to this game. It starts any minute, and i plan on watchin all of it. I would be embarrassed to specify how many tournament games i have watched this year. I am dissapointed in myself for not gettin into it more, but the Uconn women lost last nite and that makes me happy. I hate the Huskies men and women, even though im from CT.

nyKnicks126

Well the lottery is next month and here is the lottery projection or chances to get the 1st pick overall.
1. Miami Heat 25%
2. Seattle(OC) Supersonics 19.9%
3. Minnesota Timberwolves 13.8%
4. Memphis Grizzlies 13.7%
5. New York Knicks 7.6%
6. LA Clippers 7.5%
7. Milwaukee Bucks 4.3%
8. Charlotte Bobcats 2.8%
9. Chicago Bulls 1.7%
10. New Jersey Nets 1.1%
11. Indiana Pacers 0.8%
12. Sacramento Kings 0.7%
13. Portland Trailblazers 0.6%
14. Golden State Warriors 0.5%

nyKnicks126

UPDATE: Two more days until the lottery. Stay tuned to ESPN on May 20th

1. Miami Heat (250)
2. Seattle Supersonics (199)
3. Minnesota Timberwolves (138)
4. Memphis Grizzlies (137)
5. New York Knicks (76)
6. LA Clippers (75)
7. Milwaukee Bucks (43)
8. Charlotte Bobcats (28)
9. Chicago Bulls (17)
10. New Jersey Nets (11)
11. Indiana Pacers (8)
12. Sacramento Kings (7)
13. Portland Trail Blazers (6)
14. Golden State Warriors (5)

dre48ny

Rotation player
Just praying for a miracle!! I am so anxious!! If the NYK get the first or 2nd pick, I am getting twisted!!!!!!!!!!!

nyKnicks126

You are right me too, but the chances for the Knicks to get the top pick is slim, and getting lower then the 7th pick is very slim. I wonder who the Knicks would get at 7th if they got that 7th pick.

New New York

Quiet Storm
The OMEN!

Well we all know the draft lottery game right. Well it includes a little dig at us Knick fans that states "Knick fans if you play enough times, you may get the number one pick". Well on the day Isiah Thomas was fired I played the game twice. The first time we get the number 2 pick. The next time we get the number 1 pick! Now I am not supersticious but I honestly have not played the game since!

Do yall think that David Stern would do us a favor and give us the #1. Honestly in all that we have endured in the past four Isiah years we deserve it. Honestly this is as big a night in team history as any. I honestly think that this is as big a draft as the 1985 draft! All we need is a bit of help from Stern. I hate winning be cheating, but we need this so so so bad

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Well we all know the draft lottery game right. Well it includes a little dig at us Knick fans that states "Knick fans if you play enough times, you may get the number one pick". Well on the day Isiah Thomas was fired I played the game twice. The first time we get the number 2 pick. The next time we get the number 1 pick! Now I am not supersticious but I honestly have not played the game since!

Do yall think that David Stern would do us a favor and give us the #1. Honestly in all that we have endured in the past four Isiah years we deserve it. Honestly this is as big a night in team history as any. I honestly think that this is as big a draft as the 1985 draft! All we need is a bit of help from Stern. I hate winning be cheating, but we need this so so so bad

LOL! I wouldn't mind that happening! I don't care how, but we gotta have at least the top2 pick. As in the words of Stephen A., "THIS HAS GOT TO WORK! THIS HAS GOT TO WORK!"

If it doesn't happen, my emotions will be at an all-time low, something I've never felt since maybe when the Knicks lost to Toronto in the first round.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
vysjts.gif