Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks 12/08

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Welcome everybody I'm your host Jazzy Jeff and after a tough Knicks loss last night, the Knicks will be playing Philadelphia looking for revenge this time in New York. You can catch the game tonight at 7:30 on MSG.

Philadelphia is considered by many to be the worst team in the Eastern Conference. They play good defense however and they are a tougher team than what their record indicates. Lets take a look at the standings in the Atlantic division.

Atlantic W L
Boston 16 2
Toronto 10 10
New Jersey 9 11
New York 6 12
Philadelphia 6 13

As we can tell, the Knicks are only a half game ahead of Philadelphia so if the 76ers can pull off another upset, they will be a half game ahead of the Knicks. Before the season began, it was believed by most fans and analysts that the Knicks would be a better team then they have shown so far but being 18 games into the season means its no longer excuse times. Almost a quarter of the season is in the books and the good teams should be starting to play good at this point.

Philadelphia 76ers Starting Lineup:

At Point guard, Andre Miller
At shooting guard, Willie Green
At small forward, Andre Iguodala
At power forward, Reggie Evans
At center, Samuel Dalembert

Now lets take a look at the starting lineups for our New York Knicks!!!!!
At point guard, Stephon Marbury
At shooting guard, Jamal Crawford
At small forward, Quentin Richardson
At power forward, Zach Randolph
And at center, Eddy Curry

Lets take a look at what the Knicks need to do to get the win and improve to a 7 and 11 record.

-Philadelphia is not a good offensive team only averaging 91.5 points. Dont let them become a good offensive team.

-The 76ers are the 8th best team in the league defensively so move the ball around, look for good shots, and take care of the ball.

-Be Aware!!!! Samuel Dalembert is averaging over 2 blocks a game. The Knicks should not force the ball into Curry as much as they normally do because he will have an excellent defender on him. Look for other options.

-Look to double AI: Iguodala has proven that he can score and Q-Rich might have problems with him. The team needs to recognize this and look to help Richardson.

What does each player need to do?

Stephon Marbury needs to bring his tough defense and look to score when the Knicks need offense.

Jamal Crawford needs to try to be as efficient of offense as he can. He brings nothing on defense but still plays big minutes, so he has to at least score and distribute the ball.

Quentin Richardson needs to continue to play with alot of heart and emotion. This team needs his leadership. With the minutes Isiah is giving him, Q needs to start shooting better. Iguodala might get switched at some point in the game and have to guard Crawford so Q should look to attack whoever they put on him, possibly Korver. He needs to break out of this slump.

Zach Randolph needs to keep his body on Reggie Evans. Evans is a monster on the boards. He does not have much of an offensive game but hes a physical defender. Zach cannot match Evans physically, so he needs to look to shoot. Also, when Zach is being double or triple teamed he needs to give the ball up immediately. He had his worst game of the season last night. If he struggles again tonight, Isiah needs to take him out of the game.

Eddy Curry needs to focus on defense and make sure this 76ers team does not score more points then they should. Samuel Dalembert is a good defender, so Curry should not look to score as much similar to the New Jersey game had he played. Its another good oppertunity for Eddy to work on his defense.

The biggest factor coming off the bench for the Knicks will be Renaldo Balkmen. The 76ers will bring Kyle Korver off the bench who is a pure shooter. Balkmens job will be to bring his normal energy and contain Korver. Louis Williams is a tough young guard who will also be coming off the bench for Philadelphia. Last night he came off the bench and scored 15 points while also having 6 assists, making the difference for his team. Isiah needs to make some adjustments tonight.

The Knicks will hear some boo's early on. Fans will be looking for a convincing victory after last nights loss. The Knicks need to come out fired up and energized from the opening tip and win by 15 to 20 points. Its dissapointing that the Knicks have to settle for a split at the least with the sixers, it should have been an easy 2 games before they play the Dallas Mavericks monday night.

Tune in at 7:30 tonight on MSG to watch the Knicks take on the 76ers in New York. I'm MsgKNicks33 and I thank you for joining me.

R.I.P. Don Marbury

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
djJazzyJefftheFreshPrince.jpg

lolz well yea if we losr 2 Philly again i can say BIG DISAPPOINTMENT...idk y but we play wit no energy at all like wow is it so hard 2 go after a lose ball and 2 put up a hand when someone shooting...like wow idk man...if we lose ima just have big BIG this New York Knicks Team

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What was supposed to be a 8-11 boost for the Knicks will turn into a 6-13 disappointment.

Its sad to watch, now they got Dallas comin up. If they lose tonight it gonna be tough for me to keep makin the game threads because of how bad the team sucks.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
side note at the game in philly last night, during the whole 4th quarter these 3 kids, from like 8-14 years old tops were continually yelling knicks suck, theyre an embarassment to ny. literally those two lines for like 45 mins. i wasnt sure if they were trying to get a rise of out of me cuz i was in a frazier jersey or if they just really hate the knicks. glad to see someone outside of ny still has feelings towards the knicks one way or the other lol.

metrocard

Legend
1st half rebounds:
Reggie Evans- 12
New York Knicks- 12

Just cut my balls off.

Theres nothing left to say about Isiah and the Knicks.

Boo them, nothing happens.

Cheer them, nothing happens.

Stop watching them, they still suck.

Get blown out by 45, so what?.

This season is just another pile of garbage that is gonna help fill the dump that is the Isiah era.

MSG33...don't even give the effort writing on this roster assembled by the asshole that is Isiah Thomas.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
1st half rebounds:
Reggie Evans- 12
New York Knicks- 12

Just cut my balls off.

Theres nothing left to say about Isiah and the Knicks.

Boo them, nothing happens.

Cheer them, nothing happens.

Stop watching them, they still suck.

Get blown out by 45, so what?.

This season is just another pile of garbage that is gonna help fill the dump that is the Isiah era.

MSG33...don't even give the effort writing on this roster assembled by the asshole that is Isiah Thomas.

I copy and pasted most of it from the other night and unless they win, there will be no postgame show. I'll make the effort only with big games and wins. Its tough writing the way I do because I try to do it in a nice way even though I want to say Fuck Crawford, Fuck Curry, Fuck Randolph, Fuck the team, Fuck Isiah, Fuck Dolan.

Its a tough time to be a fan, this shit sucks. What the fuck is wrong with them, they playin terrible. They were better last year, What the fuck did us Knicks fans do to deserve this?

Crawford is 1-10 with 6 turnovers, anyone who still is a Crawford fan needs to jump off a fuckin building, and Curry sucks too. trade them both, Fuck them. And that fat piece of shit Zach Randolph.

PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THE VETS!!!!!!!!!!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I agree with both of ya Metro and MSG33. We are able to coexist mentally now. I agree with everything. 2 kudos.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
OK! guys i think we should play the knicks...from what i saw in this game just put ur hand in there face and in front of them and outhustle them well win! now anyteam can beat us just do those things...which probably my lil brother can do...we are just bad offensevily i mean hand in our face atleast make 1 but nothing! we SUCK AGAINST ALRIGHT DEFENSE...WE NEED A SUPERSTAR SO BAD!

nyKnicks126

Go back to Paris damn French piece of shit. You never put in your own thought you just make stupid posts that nobody cares what you got to say..

paris401

Starter
Go back to Paris damn French piece of shit. You never put in your own thought you just make stupid posts that nobody cares what you got to say..

as i have told u before i have not had a thought of my own yet.... hence i am reduced to comment on your stupid posts..

here are a couple 'gems' from ya

'Watch after 2 years Isiah just kills it and signs Marbury to a 3 year deal 100,000,000 Dollars. I could see that now.'

i think a max contract is about 22m per year x 3 would = 66m, not 100m

here's come another

'I think it will be an upset tonight. Knicks win it 108-101.'

the above was your prediction before the boston game...

and who can forget this post of yours
'You know the other thing the knicks gotta worry about is the refs'

i will now retire for the nite... sleep tight... and keep those gems coming...

and i promise the 1st time i get an original thought , u will be the 1st to know...

nyKnicks126

Those are all true and possibilities... You must be fucked up in the head.

Prodictions are different 3 other people prodicted things wrong.

GetRealistic

Starter
as i have told u before i have not had a thought of my own yet.... hence i am reduced to comment on your stupid posts..

here are a couple 'gems' from ya

'Watch after 2 years Isiah just kills it and signs Marbury to a 3 year deal 100,000,000 Dollars. I could see that now.'

i think a max contract is about 22m per year x 3 would = 66m, not 100m

here's come another

'I think it will be an upset tonight. Knicks win it 108-101.'

the above was your prediction before the boston game...

and who can forget this post of yours
'You know the other thing the knicks gotta worry about is the refs'

i will now retire for the nite... sleep tight... and keep those gems coming...

and i promise the 1st time i get an original thought , u will be the 1st to know...

LOL thats great stuff