Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allan Houston back to the Knicks?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Allan Houston back to the Knicks?

Jun 10, 2008 5:37 AM EST

Allan Houston, who has been working out with the Phoenix Suns, has revealed to the New York Post that he is still interested in playing next season.

"I've been around New York for a long time now, and I know the passion these fans have for the Knicks - it's unbelievable," said Houston. "I'd love to see that again in New York."

Houston's comeback this year with the Knicks lasted for one preseason game.

What better veteran, leader, and a spot up shooter can find than Houston? No one. We need someone with real 3pt range on this team, I would definitely invite Houston to preseason again and gave him a real chance unlike Isiah.

I hear what your saying, but i'd like for Houston to actually play for a team that had a chance to win a championship and that isn't us.

****, I hope not...

We had this discussion last year...Houston was never a good defender in his prime, does anyone really think he has a chance in hell of guarding ANYBODY at 38 years old??? We need quality shooters, but we don't need them that bad...

Originally Posted by LOIOSH30
    ****, I hope not...

We had this discussion last year...Houston was never a good defender in his prime, does anyone really think he has a chance in hell of guarding ANYBODY at 38 years old??? We need quality shooters, but we don't need them that bad...
    Theres a ton of older players in the league in worse shape than Allan. (See San Antonio)

In Basketball there will always be a job for a shooter as pure as him. If Allan comes back, I would be fine with that. Bringing him back would be fan service and another sign of closing the book on a certain someone's; who doesn't deserve to have their name mentioned on this site, reign reign of error.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

if wally szerbiak can still play on a team...then so can houston...

I have a thread like this.. but it doesn't have news just rumors

Aren't we in like a 'rebuilding' stage??? I don't c y we would want Allan Houston...It's not like we're 1 piece away of 'goin all the way' lol We need 2 focus on gettin our young players PT instead of giving it 2 Houston.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by FameMos
    Aren't we in like a 'rebuilding' stage??? I don't c y we would want Allan Houston...It's not like we're 1 piece away of 'goin all the way' lol We need 2 focus on gettin our young players PT instead of giving it 2 Houston.
    Part of rebuilding is teaching. Houston is a winner, a teacher and would be an excellent mentor for our future, esecially a guy like Mayo. Mayo is already a deadly shooter, imagine if Houston teaches him the secrets and the art of jumpshooting for Mayo to perfect. Houston would be a very valuable piece to this team without playing 20 minutes a game. I rather him as a 10th man than someone like Malik Rose.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Part of rebuilding is teaching. Houston is a winner, a teacher and would be an excellent mentor for our future, esecially a guy like Mayo. Mayo is already a deadly shooter, imagine if Houston teaches him the secrets and the art of jumpshooting for Mayo to perfect. Houston would be a very valuable piece to this team without playing 20 minutes a game. I rather him as a 10th man than someone like Malik Rose.
    I hear u, but, if i had a choice of wasting a spot on the roster 4 a veteran who might teach a thing or 2 to a young player or giving that young player PT and experience...i'd take the PT.
    And what if we sign Houston & he ends up taking a rookie FA's spot on the roster who we really like (same problem last yr w/ D Nichols), how will u feel then? lol

I hear what your saying, but i'd like for Houston to actually play for a team that had a chance to win a championship and that isn't us.
    Allan Houston doesn't have to be a starter, but he can role play like P.J. Brown. I wanted him to join last year but THANK GOD he didn't come here under Isiah, he's another player that deserves to be on a good team to win a championship like KG.

F*ck that though what about US? we NY fans need to win too it's been too mother f"n long, the team with the most money not getting it done is an insult to us dedicated fans that have nightmares of this crap we call a team. I don't want my life to end knowing the Knicks got gunned down every playoff or championship attempt.

I would like him as a player coach like JVG had Mark Jackson. But as a fan of his I hope he gets a real shot this time, and makes the most of it. Again he will probably only play ten or so minutes at best, but if we do Draft a shooter ie. Bayless who better than to have around to teach him how to shoot. I would love to see it! Remeber last year his wife had just given birth, and Isiah has never seemed to like him even though they use to play together. But if Donnie cuts him then you have to beleive that Houston may just not have it anymore, but if PJ Brown,Cassel,and Horry can still play at that age their is no reason to think that a player who was better than all three of them can't.

lol at mayo being a deadly shooter, man this is funny

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Alright, cool, I agree with that...So make him a coach...

Originally Posted by moneyg
    if wally szerbiak can still play on a team...then so can houston...
    I might be alone but i was impressed with wallys defense against the celtics

If jamal crawford can still play on a team...then so can houton...
    *fixed

LOL Yeah Right Just What We Need, An Old Bum Who Injury Prone Taking Millions From Us When We Should Be etting Young, GREAT!