Rose demanding more minutes

metrocard

Legend
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12102007/sports/knicks/rose_to_isiah__keep_me_inactive_677112.htm
Rose To Isiah: Keep Me Inactive
December 10, 2007 - 5:37 am
New York Post -
Malik Rose has asked Isiah Thomas to keep him on the inactive list while requesting the club look to deal him if playing him is not in its plans.

Thomas is using the Knicks' open active roster spot to showcase rookie Wilson Chandler, who played the fourth quarter Saturday. Chandler's contract is eligible to be traded on Dec. 15 - the date the contracts of all first-round picks and free-agent signees can be moved.

Rose was inactive for the first time Saturday, with Chandler dressing and playing just over two minutes in the 105-77 loss to the Sixers. Rose said Thomas thought it was a good idea that he sit because he'd like to have Chandler active as well.

Rose believes he can better stay in shape by being inactive rather than sitting on the bench, waiting to get a call if there's foul trouble. If Rose knows he's inactive, he can do his full complement of weightlifting and workouts as he tries to stay in shape in case he is traded, or there's an injury.

?It's hard on game days to work out," Rose said. ?I told (Thomas) if he's not going to play me, put me on the injured list and I could get more work done on game day. I just want to play. Be it here or anywhere."

Rose would not specifically say if he demanded a trade, but he's been visibly emotional after losses.

The Post's Peter Vecsey reported Rose was offered to the Cavaliers in a sign-and-trade proposal for recently-signed Anderson Varejao.

LOL @ every aspect of this

LOL @ Rose believing he deserves more minutes than the minutes he's getting now
LOL @ Isiah trying to trade Rose for Varejao straight up...thinking Rose has trade value, and especially enough trade value for Cleveland's best defender.
a lot of lols.

Isiah is a dumbass.

Starks

Starter
It's no question I never wanted Rose in NY or understood why Thomas even brought him here.

But one thing I like about him, is that he seems to be the only who is upset at losing and all the off court drama. He is a classy guy, and that gets my respect.

There is no way he should get minutes over any of the young guys. I don't know why a team on the bottom of the standings doesn't give playing time to prospects. I want to see more of Morris and Chandler, but playing them maybe is admitance of defeat from Thomas.. His pride really hurts the franchise.

I've got a lot of respect for M.Rose and the way he conducts himself on and off the court. M.Rose is an under-sized big man with limited skillz, but the guy is still in the NBA why? Because he gives it 110% every time he hits the floor. I guess this will never rub off on some other players like I had hoped. How many other players in the leauge would have kept their mouth shut and continued to do all the right things while being subjected to all the B.S. thats gone on in N.Y. the last three years? Especialy after winning a championship with a team like the Spurs! I wish M.Rose wanted to be a player/mentor/coach to the young guys on this team, but that dosen't seem to be in the cards. I understand we can't buy him out cause of money reasons. (If we baught Rose out and kept James they would kill Dolan and Isiiah) He's not going to get any incress in minuts unless there's an injury, (want to see more of Morris and Chandler anyway) I don't think he's very tradeable? Maby package him and someone else in a trade? The only right thing to is to grant the guys wishes (if plausable) and maby save face during a horrable season... so far.

Andominus

Rookie
we shouldve never traded nazr mohammad

hes a great guy but we should've never gotten him in the first place. i thought nazr mohammad sucked at kentucky, buti was real impressed with him when he was here. id take him over curry in a heartbeat. solid rebounder and defender, and he could actually score, even with limited touches

Starks

Starter
Rose's last days as a Knick should play out alot like Antonio Davis's last days.

In Rose's defense, I understand where he is coming from. He is one of the most diplomatic players I ever seen in on the Knicks since Allan and Ward.

I also think that we see way too much of Jarred Jeffries. You can very much make the case that that signing was a evey bit as horrible as Jerome James.

paris401

Starter
I also think that we see way too much of Jarred Jeffries. You can very much make the case that that signing was a evey bit as horrible as Jerome James.

i agree and think that the jefferies signing was WORSE... with burger-king james he is out of sight, with jefferies we are reminded what a $hitty signing it was every time he plays.. somenights every time he touches the ball..

Starks

Starter
You know what else I hate about Jeffries?

His ugly ass alvin and the chipmunk face. He looks like a real asshole...the type to pick up his cell phone during a movie and piss everyone off, or the type to try to hit on your sister infront of you.

jzero29

Rotation player
isiahs fault

Isiah is the one who put this team of clowns together, the guys who have heart lack talent(rose) The guys who have talent lack heart. The team is doesn't play like team, they play like crap. They show brilliance every once and a while, but mostly just crap. Some guys turn around and say it's the players fault not isiah, but Isiah is the one who keeps bringing in problem players. He keeps bringing in the players no one wants, while guys like Garnet and ray allen get traded to team. The only two guys who i think we should keep are david lee and balkman, but they are basically the only two guys that have trade value. Crawford has some trade value. Break out the TNT it's time to blow this team up!!! Two loses to the sixers? Kill me now.

jzero29

Rotation player
Correction, they are the only guys who i think we can get equal talent back for. Obviously we can trade curry and zach, teams will low ball us. And other players, their contracts are an issue.

GetRealistic

Starter
I agree that Lee and Balkman are good players and keepers. But what are we going to back for them. They are both nice complimentary hustle players, but neither are going to be superstar players unfortunately

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think Rose deserves minutes, Randolph Morris should be gettin playing time. At the same time, I'd rather see Rose playin instead of Curry and Randolph. At least he doesnt allow easy baskets and I love his move where he pulls the shorts of the player postin him up, causin them to fall. I would love to see him do that against Curry and see him fall on his Fat ass.

The Rose for Varejao trade is a joke, right? haha, funny even Isiah isnt that dumb.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea but 1 thing i like about rose is when he pulls on players jerseys...one game he did it like 3 times wit out getting caught! hilarious!